Why does Japan always get bonus tracks?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Plisken
Re: Why does Japan always get bonus tracks?

Post by Plisken » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm

Star_Ocean wrote:
Plisken wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:
Burning Reflection wrote:^ I can't believe people find it funny to joke about or find it acceptable to drop a Nuclear bomb on any human being. Let's drop a nuke on your head or family and see how funny that'd be.

Fine by me. The less human beings on the planet, the better. We are overpopulated by about 6 billion people, so a bunch of people dying does not bother me.
0_o? we are overpopulated BY about 6 billion? you know there are about 6 billion humans alive in total on earth right?

A bunch of people dying doesnt bother you huh? less humans the better right? so go kill yourself, that way your happy and the rest of the world is happy!
There are almost 7 billion people on earth now (not 6 billion) and it is growing immensely and should be over 10 billion by 2050. We are living so unbelievably unsustainable that there is no way we can stay the way we are much longer. We are destroying the environment (in more ways than just global warming), sucking up every resource imaginable and we are causing so much harm to the earth that it is ridiculous.

I have been studying this in college for the last three years, I know what I am talking about. For us to live sustainably (which means us consuming resources at the same rate they are recovering), we would need less than a billion people on Earth. Right now, we'll be completely out of our major resources in about 100 years.

The last year we were living even close to sustainably was before the Industrial Revolution. Since then, our unhealthy living has skyrocketed.

And no, I do not care if people die. It's part of life. If I bitched and moaned about every single person that died, I'd be depressed my entire life.
Ok here is the contradiction I just cant seem to fathom. Your saying we are living unsustainably, I agree but you said you would not mind at all dropping a NUKE on an entire country! Do you see what Im getting it? your talking about how we are destroying the environment, which once again I agree but your also saying lets drop nukes on people. As if a Nuke is the best thing that can happen to the earth.

Dropping Nuke's anywhere is millions of times worst then having a higher population on earth. You speak of it as if its the only solution and the smartest one, your sounding a lot like the HAL 9000 from Space Odyssey >.>

While yes people die, Dropping nukes isnt people dying naturally. Thats people killing other people, in your case for personal gain.

Case in point, Dropping Nukes on people is MUCH worst to earth then letting people live. These same people will be the ones to come up with the real solutions to this problem.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Now some go in a more empathetic than apathetic direction on this one. Having compassion does not require someone to be depressed all the time at all. Bitching and moaning would cause depression, but that is not what empathy and compassion are about.

We have the kill 6/7 of the earth side, and we have the use community and technology to create sustainable living side. Death is one way to alleviate suffering, oneness and nonduelism is another in an interdependent world.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:46 pm

I love this forum.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:31 am

icecab21 wrote:Death is one way to alleviate suffering.
You obviously don't believe in Jesus :cry:
---...---

Susie

Post by Susie » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:45 am

:pop:

I want a Harajuku dress :pop:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 am

AGAG wrote:
Ah hard to believe in someone who had many of the things about him made up by a pagan warshipping emperor. Not trying to bash on anyones religion, but personally I cant get over the fact that the emperor Constantine gave jesus all the famous pagan powers so he could get the pagans to convert to Christianity.

Constantine and his council decided what they felt was best to put into the bible. They picked and choose what they wanted and felt out what they didnt.

Once again I dont mean to hate on anyones beliefs, I just dont get it =/

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:29 am

Control the human population, or the shrews will suffer :(

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:07 am

Bad news: I have to pay 30$ for the album (actually usually even more)
Good news: I get the bonus track :lol:

ext0l

Post by ext0l » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:19 am

R.F. wrote:Bad news: I have to pay 30$ for the album (actually usually even more)
Good news: I get the bonus track :lol:
Hmm... Here in the States all versions cost about the same depending on how hard you search 8)

That video is creepy :shock:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:27 am

There are almost 7 billion people on earth now (not 6 billion) and it is growing immensely and should be over 10 billion by 2050. We are living so unbelievably unsustainable that there is no way we can stay the way we are much longer
I said that already :roll:
I have been studying this in college for the last three years, I know what I am talking about
So you think I don't :roll:
in about 100 years
those countings are always incorrect since it is impossible to count in other factors affecting population growth. Thats why we were said we will run out of oil in a hundred years about 15 years ago.

we never know.
And no, I do not care if people die. It's part of life. If I bitched and moaned about every single person that died, I'd be depressed my entire life
Well in a way I agree since I really don't even care when a few thousand poor indians die in a flood or something or when a carbomb in middle-east kills another ten.

The problem is Africa that keeps growing more and more. The more we helo them to survive the more they multiply.
The last year we were living even close to sustainably was before the Industrial Revolution
Globally maybe but have you seen how many people were living in africa or southern asia in those days?

Out of the 7 billion the percent of western countries citizens is getting lower and lower and I can't think of when was it growing.
I agree but you said you would not mind at all dropping a NUKE on an entire country
Well it is bad but not the way you think it is.
There worst isn't the people dying. It is this whole planet dying. We can't take that much released radiation and it won't be bad just for one country it would give dangers to other nearby countries as well (that is the reason USA hasn't nuked Canada yet)

Yet in the future radiation can be harnessed to energy and nuke defenses get better and better.
And radiation is not that bad. We radiate more than our surroundings actually.

Well killing when you can not support more people is actually quite natural. That is what the early humans did. The early tribes consisted of about 30 people and any more than they had food for were killed (usually old people instead of kids)

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:47 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
I agree but you said you would not mind at all dropping a NUKE on an entire country
Well it is bad but not the way you think it is.
There worst isn't the people dying. It is this whole planet dying. We can't take that much released radiation and it won't be bad just for one country it would give dangers to other nearby countries as well (that is the reason USA hasn't nuked Canada yet)

Yet in the future radiation can be harnessed to energy and nuke defenses get better and better.
And radiation is not that bad. We radiate more than our surroundings actually.

Well killing when you can not support more people is actually quite natural. That is what the early humans did. The early tribes consisted of about 30 people and any more than they had food for were killed (usually old people instead of kids)
Yeah thats what I meant. Dropping a nuke anywhere will bring horrible effects to it and the countries surrounding it. Thats why I found his logic contradictory. He was talking about how dropping a nuke on japan would be fine with him because it would lessen the earths population which in-turn would help it recover and heal. But he totally ignores the fact that dropping a nuke anywhere would put the planet in a MUCH MUCH worst state then it already is in.

Its funny he would choose japan to nuke (then again it is the country we were talking about to begin with). Japan actually is having a population crisis. There population is decreasing heavily because no one wants to have kids. if they do they only have 1, and they have a huge population over older people.

like mayhem is saying, the problem is really central to lower Africa population wise.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:14 am

Someone will take care of it.. let's just keep going to McDonalds!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXIi7lw_lIY?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXIi7lw_lIY?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
---...---

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm

Star_Ocean wrote: I have been studying this in college for the last three years, I know what I am talking about.
Have you ever thought that you don't know what you're talking about? Millions of other people think they know what they are talking about, how things should be, and look at the mess we are in. It's this self-centered and narcissistic attitude that pits one man against another, my opinion against yours. When the symptoms of a problem are overdetermined, you live off of a partial and incomplete answer; you'll defend your view to the death because it's your experience, your knowledge, that's how you define yourself and you never see things outside of the self. When you live in a fragment of life, you're negligent to the whole picture and you'll continue to defend and divide from your limited perspective. You see all this ugliness at the periphery and think that it's the result of somebody or something else. The consciousness of the world is not separate from yours; the collective consciousness creates the total experience. All this pain, suffering, defilement of love, is part of everybody's experience, the result of our thought. Thought has created the division between my religion, my nation, the image of you, them and me; can we give up our egos, the past, all of our ridiculous beliefs that have been the result of our thought and actually observe what is for a moment? It's exactly this belief that we are separate from each other that creates all this violence, misery and pain. Hopefully people will give up their rugged individualism, see that we are all one, and once again be their brother's keeper. I certainly will walk the extra mile with anybody that asks. I wonder if you guys actually read or understood the meaning behind the lyrics of Stratovarius?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 pm

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:57 pm

My thread has been hijacked! ;(

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:46 pm

I have been studying this forum in the last three years and I CAN TELL YOU THAT JUST THE ELEPHANT SHREWS WILL BE SAVED.

PS: And the stolen guitar too , cause the snowman found it.

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:15 am

Plisken wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:
Plisken wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:
Burning Reflection wrote:^ I can't believe people find it funny to joke about or find it acceptable to drop a Nuclear bomb on any human being. Let's drop a nuke on your head or family and see how funny that'd be.

Fine by me. The less human beings on the planet, the better. We are overpopulated by about 6 billion people, so a bunch of people dying does not bother me.
0_o? we are overpopulated BY about 6 billion? you know there are about 6 billion humans alive in total on earth right?

A bunch of people dying doesnt bother you huh? less humans the better right? so go kill yourself, that way your happy and the rest of the world is happy!
There are almost 7 billion people on earth now (not 6 billion) and it is growing immensely and should be over 10 billion by 2050. We are living so unbelievably unsustainable that there is no way we can stay the way we are much longer. We are destroying the environment (in more ways than just global warming), sucking up every resource imaginable and we are causing so much harm to the earth that it is ridiculous.

I have been studying this in college for the last three years, I know what I am talking about. For us to live sustainably (which means us consuming resources at the same rate they are recovering), we would need less than a billion people on Earth. Right now, we'll be completely out of our major resources in about 100 years.

The last year we were living even close to sustainably was before the Industrial Revolution. Since then, our unhealthy living has skyrocketed.

And no, I do not care if people die. It's part of life. If I bitched and moaned about every single person that died, I'd be depressed my entire life.
Ok here is the contradiction I just cant seem to fathom. Your saying we are living unsustainably, I agree but you said you would not mind at all dropping a NUKE on an entire country! Do you see what Im getting it? your talking about how we are destroying the environment, which once again I agree but your also saying lets drop nukes on people. As if a Nuke is the best thing that can happen to the earth.

Dropping Nuke's anywhere is millions of times worst then having a higher population on earth. You speak of it as if its the only solution and the smartest one, your sounding a lot like the HAL 9000 from Space Odyssey >.>

While yes people die, Dropping nukes isnt people dying naturally. Thats people killing other people, in your case for personal gain.

Case in point, Dropping Nukes on people is MUCH worst to earth then letting people live. These same people will be the ones to come up with the real solutions to this problem.
mayhem-for-all wrote:Plisken wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Plisken wrote:
Star_Ocean wrote:

From a neutral standpoint, there are too many people on planet earth. Nature (Or God, or good luck on our part) has always had a way of levelling this out with massive war, or more often plague, but with medical science being what it is, (As well as nukes being what they are for the biggest countries), people just aren't dying like they used to. While that's great for everyone right now, it provides problems for the next generation as far as resources and space to live go.

Space to live? yeah sure maybe if the human race technologically and culturally stayed exactly the same as it is today for the next 1000 years then maybe, but that wont happen. We are not going run out of space anytime soon at all.

Right now we are a Type 0 civilization. Meaning We use fossil fuels for the majority of our energy needs and we are still confined to only living on land.

in a type 1 civilization (which we should achieve in about 100 years, we are 0.73 right now) we will have harnessed earths power for renewable energy like solar and wind. This will be our only source of energy. Also we will have starting making entire cities on/in the ocean. This is why we arent running out of space for at LEAST 50,000 years. 70% of earth is ocean. Thats A LOT of space.

Well Solar and Wind energy won't actaully be that wise calls all over the world.
Nuclear power (Actaully all our energy is nuclear power) will reach the fusion in no time allowing us to use water for energy with no environmental problems. Solar and wind are the classics but it is really expensive and we would need to use some weird forms of them to reach the current amount of electricity used.

Right now there are hundreds of new forms of making energy. The construction of the first Finnish waveplant has already started for example.

Earth is indeed overpopulated but that is not in the western countries. The population growth is huge in poor countries and especially all over africa.

We keep giving them food so they would not starve when the earth can't keep as many as there are alive.
So when we give food to one little girls she will grow and end up having 10 more starving children and we need more food.
Sometimes I think those idiots who give them food instead of condoms should be hanged Mad

we are almost at 7 billion right now and that is more than three times what we were 50 years ago.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:45 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can some provide a summary? Or something? :lol:

Frederic Chopin

Post by Frederic Chopin » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Would this work?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymVOA22YHEY?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ymVOA22YHEY?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:54 pm

awesome piece there brotato

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:28 am

Here's a Japanese bonus track to distract you from overpopulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMkRn29QfX8

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:54 am

Plisken wrote:
AGAG wrote:
Ah hard to believe in someone who had many of the things about him made up by a pagan warshipping emperor. Not trying to bash on anyones religion, but personally I cant get over the fact that the emperor Constantine gave jesus all the famous pagan powers so he could get the pagans to convert to Christianity.

Constantine and his council decided what they felt was best to put into the bible. They picked and choose what they wanted and felt out what they didnt.

Once again I dont mean to hate on anyones beliefs, I just dont get it =/
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJya7tV2Wbc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iJya7tV2Wbc?fs ... autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
---...---

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:55 pm

>.> that song just made it sooo much worst LOL

<3 AGAG

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:39 pm

Are you kidding me? That song gives my life meaning :)
---...---

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:39 pm

I don't believe in any god or jesus or whatever. But I highly doubt that jesus would like this song if he existed. :P

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:11 pm

rikkertje wrote:I don't believe in any god or jesus or whatever. But I highly doubt that jesus would like this song if he existed. :P

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes, that really pisses me off... But you can almost always download the songs... I think you have the right to do that if you buy the album.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 pm

robocop656 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:I don't believe in any god or jesus or whatever. But I highly doubt that jesus would like this song if he existed. :P
???

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:36 pm

It's jesus giving you a hug.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:38 pm

Becaues, otherwise, Chang will kill us all :lol:! I think it's because music is a hell lot more commercial in Japan rather than in any other country...I think according to what I've heard :?

P.S: WTF with that music?!
|StratoFan Forever|