TT interview (in finnish)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
mayhem-for-all
TT interview (in finnish)

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:12 am

http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act= ... ws&id=1361

haven't read it yet but it seems to be different

Tema

Re: TT interview (in finnish)

Post by Tema » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 pm

It isn't only Tokki who is interviewed, the whole band gets their share. Basically it is just Tolkki telling the same things as in the english interview + some new info, but other members add entirely different stuff in the mix. A bit why they joined the band and some stuff on how they all live in scandinavia now. The overall feel of the interview is very positive.

Some info:
-Tolkki has written all the songs on first album and hopes that on later albums the others will do some writing also. Matos does the lyrics.

-No more philosophical stuff like TT:s older songs, now it's time to tell stories. Songs will be positive and not very dark at all.

-They will start the recording of the first album in 3 weeks.

-The 3-song demo is awesome. (Visions–Destiny–Infinity kind of stuff.)

empi

Post by empi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:00 pm

Sorry but how could it be philosophical stuff like Tolkkis older songs when Matos does the lyrics ?
Visions Destiny Infinite stuff ?? In the interview TT said Stratovarius was only repeating itself and now he is writing Visions Destiny Infinite stuff again only with other musicians ?? Sorry logic where are you ? Or is this Visions Destiny blabla only promotion ? Sorry i doesnt make sense to me.Maybe i should not think about such crap and only enjoy the music.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 pm

empi wrote:Sorry but how could it be philosophical stuff like Tolkkis older songs when Matos does the lyrics ?
Visions Destiny Infinite stuff ?? In the interview TT said Stratovarius was only repeating itself and now he is writing Visions Destiny Infinite stuff again only with other musicians ?? Sorry logic where are you ? Or is this Visions Destiny blabla only promotion ? Sorry i doesnt make sense to me.Maybe i should not think about such crap and only enjoy the music.
Well Andre' has done a lot of philosophical stuff during his long career.
Also, interviews and words are highly subjective. It is impossible to make an
interview(s) in which what you really said is written the way you want or meant.
A whole other point is of course if a person feels pissed off about the situation that there exists a band called Symfonia and reacts to that.
All that is cool to me. What matters now is the music this band makes, records and performs live. Nothing else matters.

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:36 pm

What matters now is the music

great!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:24 pm

empi wrote: Or is this Visions Destiny blabla only promotion ?

Of course, this is all promotion. Everybody wants the success that Stratovarius had in Episode-Visions-Destiny-Infinite era.

You know, it is not said that is gonna be selftitled Stratovarius style for example.

EDIT: Anyway, can some finnish translate correctly the last sentence of the interview? This one: "Kolme demokappaletta kuultuani minusta alkaa tuntua vähän samalta."

When I translate that into spanish or english with google translator, I can understand more or less that 3 demo tracks (that seems TT gave to the interviewer) sounds the same as always?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Well I haven't said in the interviews that the songs sound like that. The journalists who have heard the 3 track demo have drawn their own conclusions having heard the songs.
I personally don't care because for me a good song is a good song. I can understand that for someone else a song that is a good one for me, is not a good song or I can understand that the genres are subjective to interpretation and actually at the end of the day the whole discussion is meaningless.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:38 pm

RazielSR wrote:

Of course, this is all promotion. Everybody wants the success that Stratovarius had in Episode-Visions-Destiny-Infinite era.

You know, it is not said that is gonna be selftitled Stratovarius style for example.

EDIT: Anyway, can some finnish translate correctly the last sentence of the interview? This one: "Kolme demokappaletta kuultuani minusta alkaa tuntua vähän samalta."

When I translate that into spanish or english with google translator, I can understand more or less that 3 demo tracks (that seems TT gave to the interviewer) sounds the same as always?
Musiikki on tärkeintä – ja kaikki muu, mitä siinä ympärillä tapahtuu, on periaatteessa pelkkää bullshittiä. Musta todella tuntuu, että tästä tulee sellainen levy jonka ihmiset haluaa Timo Tolkilta kuulla.

Kolme demokappaletta kuultuani minusta alkaa tuntua vähän samalta.
The music is the most important thing-everything else that happens around that is in principle, bullshit. I really feel like that this will end up being a record that people want to hear from Timo Tolkki.

After hearing the 3 demo songs I start getting the very same feeling.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Musiikki on tärkeintä – ja kaikki muu, mitä siinä ympärillä tapahtuu, on periaatteessa pelkkää bullshittiä. Musta todella tuntuu, että tästä tulee sellainen levy jonka ihmiset haluaa Timo Tolkilta kuulla.

The music is the most important thing-everything else that happens around that is in principle, bullshit. I really feel like that this will end up being a record that people want to hear from Timo Tolkki.

And I will confirm that that is correct so no one will have doubts about your translations motives on self-promotion :lol:

Well it was a very nice interview and I have really high hopes for the future.
Good Luck Symfonia :bounce2:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Ok, thanks.
The meaning is 100% different than I thought and I wanted to be sure about it instead of drawing conclusions. Cause I "read" that the journalist said that the demos sounded like a rip-off of past songs.
Well, I prefer the real translation a lot.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:16 pm

Wish I could read it! LOL!
SHINE ON!

empi

Post by empi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:19 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Nice to hear that the only thing what matters is music.Good luck and have fun with symfonia.See you on tour 2011.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:56 pm

I've started threads over on the Helloween and Blind Guardian boards. BG is pretty critical of Timo's stability, doesn't think it'll last, but nothing too hostile, just fans who want music and have gotten too much drama.

Helloweenboard seems really hostile though. I think it would be great if we could get one of those demos on youtube or something.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Rebel wrote:I've started threads over on the Helloween and Blind Guardian boards. BG is pretty critical of Timo's stability, doesn't think it'll last, but nothing too hostile, just fans who want music and have gotten too much drama.

Helloweenboard seems really hostile though. I think it would be great if we could get one of those demos on youtube or something.
Yeah, you guys debate on the boards. See you on the road :)

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Well I loved Age of aquarius :) Some song there are as good as the best Stratovarius songs, honestly!

I just can't wait to hear Symfonia too ;)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:42 pm

it would be great a translation, even in english ...the google translator, soumi-español is very bad.
A9

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:32 pm

Who can translate this into english?

Arnold Layne

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:50 pm

Somebody please take the time to translate this into proper English! I wish I could learn Finnish, but I hear it's such a difficult language to be fluent in. :( sigh.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:Somebody please take the time to translate this into proper English! I wish I could learn Finnish, but I hear it's such a difficult language to be fluent in. :( sigh.
We filmed HD video interviews with each member and we're gonna publish those on the new website in some weeks when we get it up and running.
There will also be frequent video blogs about each stage of the recording process until the release.
We also have plans to record and film the Finnish Metal Expo show and include that and some other extra footage on a bonus DVD of the ".. ........." album.
Thanks for your support guys.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:01 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:Somebody please take the time to translate this into proper English! I wish I could learn Finnish, but I hear it's such a difficult language to be fluent in. :( sigh.
We filmed HD video interviews with each member and we're gonna publish those on the new website in some weeks when we get it up and running.
There will also be frequent video blogs about each stage of the recording process until the release.
We also have plans to record and film the Finnish Metal Expo show and include that and some other extra footage on a bonus DVD of the ".. ........." album.
Thats what I m talking about, 8) 8) 8) :!: :!: :!:
Thats is what Stratovarius should do :!: :!: :!:

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Oh awesome, that's badass! I'll be looking forward to those then :D

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:30 am

Fake

sym-PHONY-a
:shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:08 am

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
Fake

sym-PHONY-a
:lol: :lol: Why don't you flame others under your own damn name?? :roll:

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 am

Ugh, I wish the media would stop comparing Symfonia's demos to the Visions-era Stratovarius. This will create a gigantic hype for fans, so when they listen to it and it sounds nothing like Visions to them, they will complain solely because it does not sound like Visions.

I am going into this with a really fresh mind and I cannot wait for it.

Though, not to lie or anything, I always dream for the return of the Elements Pt. 1 sound.

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
Fake

sym-PHONY-a
:lol: :lol: Why don't you flame others under your own damn name?? :roll:

I'm not a phony goddamit!!!!!! dont piss me off!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:37 am

:lol: :lol: What are you if not a phony???Hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:06 am

What are you if not a phony???Hahahaha
WELL FOR ONE THING...I AM NOT EARLESS
I AM ALSO NOT A PHONY
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:10 am

:lol: :lol: Of course not Dear! :lol: :lol: You are just a masturbating jerk :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:11 am

Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote::lol: :lol: Of course not Dear! :lol: :lol: You are just a masturbating jerk :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha! "Masturbating Jerk". I love it. :lol: :lol:

Arnold Layne

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:55 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:http://www.imperiumi.net/index.php?act= ... ws&id=1361

haven't read it yet but it seems to be different
OH COME ON :x! You expect me to learn finnish in order to read this :lol:?!
|StratoFan Forever|