About the tone of the songs

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Liu_Wan
About the tone of the songs

Post by Liu_Wan » Thu May 05, 2011 6:26 am

I wonder if the band will return to play the songs in the original tone (Eb).

I know that Kotipelto's voice is still recovering.
after it is 100% Stratovarius coming back to play as it was before? the original melody in Eb

Thanks!

HinatAArcticA

Re: About the tone of the songs

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu May 05, 2011 6:52 am

I hope not. Kotipelto's voice won't last like that, and they sound better with him not forcing anything.

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BtgmEz0kCTw?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BtgmEz0kCTw?fs=1&amp;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

If he can reach the notes in lower keys, I'd say they should stay like that.

inb4 facepalm at Sonata Arctica
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Liu_Wan

Post by Liu_Wan » Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Kotipelto can sing high notes! he was singing before getting that damn infection on his vocal chords = (

Frankly I think it sounds horrible Stratovarius playing a half step below normal.
I was in the show where most fans complained because the songs were weird
Elysium's just the songs that were good tone, in my opinion

hopefully soon return to normal :)

Liu_Wan

Post by Liu_Wan » Thu May 05, 2011 5:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNt0KuPBW-U

this video is the end of 2010 and he is singing very well and hitting the notes smoothly

the problem was the same bacteria that damn fucking your voice

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri May 06, 2011 1:24 am

Liu_Wan wrote:Kotipelto can sing high notes! he was singing before getting that damn infection on his vocal chords = (
Totally agree. I just wish he could still sing properly and still reach high notes. Of course his voice is not the same as during old good times but anyway...

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri May 06, 2011 6:43 am

They should definitely keep the songs transposed down. It sounds much more relaxed for TK to sing, and that improves the quality of their live performances a lot!

claudiodxe

Post by claudiodxe » Fri May 06, 2011 10:02 am

With good technique and proper exercise and warmup, age should not be a problem for his vocal range (could be harder, but we could still sign properly)... You can as Bruce Dickinson... or Tom Jones hehehe

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri May 06, 2011 2:45 pm

They haven't played the North Yemen anthem. NOT EVEN ONCE. What the hell is wrong with stratovarius? :x
---...---

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat May 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Last night his voice was very good but unfortunate the show was to short! :x

JensOfSweden

Post by JensOfSweden » Mon May 09, 2011 10:47 pm

Sorry but Kotipeltos voice is very lacking in the higher department the last couple of years. It sounds super bad and I get anxious in advance listening to him singing higher songs.

Everyone here knows it and most people probably thinks alike but don't want to say it because we of course are huge Stratovarius fans.

But it's the truth, unfortunately.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:36 am

JensOfSweden wrote:Sorry but Kotipeltos voice is very lacking in the higher department the last couple of years. It sounds super bad and I get anxious in advance listening to him singing higher songs.

Everyone here knows it and most people probably thinks alike but don't want to say it because we of course are huge Stratovarius fans.

You have your opinion and that's okay however I believe you are being too harsh here, Timo hasn't fully recovered yet and isn't at 100%, give him time and I'm sure he will sound better in the next few months.

However if that's not going to work well then not to sound harsh here but you may want to find another band to listen to.
metal feeds the beast

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue May 10, 2011 8:18 pm

JensOfSweden wrote:Sorry but Kotipeltos voice is very lacking in the higher department the last couple of years. It sounds super bad and I get anxious in advance listening to him singing higher songs.

Agree. 100%.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:36 am

I'm still not willing to register a judgement on that one until he's fully recovered, I mean judging him now is like picking on an athlete with a broken leg, of course it's easy to criticize when the person isn't at 100%.
metal feeds the beast

Liu_Wan

Post by Liu_Wan » Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 pm

I wonder if when she recovered Kotipelto stratovarius returned to play the music in Eb

Jens, Matthias or Lauri could answer me this question?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon May 30, 2011 11:46 pm

Liu_Wan wrote:I wonder if when she recovered Kotipelto stratovarius returned to play the music in Eb

Blah, blah, blah! :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue May 31, 2011 2:47 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Liu_Wan wrote:I wonder if when she recovered Kotipelto stratovarius returned to play the music in Eb

Blah, blah, blah! :roll:
You all need another philosophy

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hxPsXPCR5MU?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hxPsXPCR5MU?fs=1&amp;hl=es_ES" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
---...---

Terpenteeno

Timon pitch

Post by Terpenteeno » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

I think it's very strange some people here are thinking they hear a differens they tuned down a half step. Some asshole claims he think it sounds awful. What a coplete idiot! I'm sure he can't hear the difference in case you give him a test. It's just a way to make himself impotrant and pretend to have talent. Give Timo a fucking break!
And besides tha band is tuned to Eb normally anyways. You retardes sensitive ears should have complained in the first place then. Oh, how I hate untalented fucks that try to make themselves important. Timo fucking rules...OK. End of story. And if he ever sang a bit weak you morons don't hear it anyways. End of story. Period. Full stop.
Rock your little brain.