Stratovarius 2012 Studio Interview (by EarMusic)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Shogakat
Stratovarius 2012 Studio Interview (by EarMusic)

Post by Shogakat » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 pm

Well here is the video that promised EarMusic via Facebook weeks ago. It's not an excellent interview, and too short, but perhaps they post something more later... It's based on people's questions in Facebook. Enjoy it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oT9HptLrSM

RazielSR

Re: Stratovarius 2012 Studio Interview (by EarMusic)

Post by RazielSR » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 pm

That's an amazing and really funny interview!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 am

I'm interviewing Jens on Wednesday, hoping to get some good info out of him then. Anyone have any questions for Jens?
They let us have signatures on this forum???

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:36 am

Rebel wrote:I'm interviewing Jens on Wednesday, hoping to get some good info out of him then. Anyone have any questions for Jens?
Is he still going to make a solo album with anders sometime soon?

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:12 am

Rebel wrote:I'm interviewing Jens on Wednesday, hoping to get some good info out of him then. Anyone have any questions for Jens?
Ask him about them playing older songs, from them. Like songs in the Intermission album. Why are We Here is an AMAZING track by Jens, or maybe Glory of the World for a kindda "retro-fast" feel? :)
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:11 pm

I have I question :D

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 pm

crostrato wrote:
Ask him about DVD-s that didnt come out, ask him why he didnt took the offer from that guy from forum to finance that dvd-s, to make it happen, so we do not need to wait more years for it?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Ask him about them playing older songs, from them. Like songs in the Intermission album. Why are We Here is an AMAZING track by Jens, or maybe Glory of the World for a kindda "retro-fast" feel? :)
personally, I'm really frustrated by how many old songs they play live already...

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Rebel wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
personally, I'm really frustrated by how many old songs they play live already...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Shogakat wrote:Well here is the video that promised EarMusic via Facebook weeks ago. It's not an excellent interview, and too short, but perhaps they post something more later... It's based on people's questions in Facebook. Enjoy it! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oT9HptLrSM
I don't think they'll post anything more later, all the fan questions had been asked and answered.
I loved that although they had their jokes, they tried to answer everything seriously, even my last question with the goals. And it's cool to know that Matias likes playing Infernal Maze live, makes me hope they keep it in the set for the next tour! And I gained new hope for hearing Elysium live once :)

Rebel,
regarding the playing of older songs, I guess HinatAArcticA meant they should replace the older songs they usually play with some of those Jens or Timo did write back then, not that they should play them in addition to the usual older songs?!
But I agree that with the next album coming out, they should concentrate on playing mainly songs from the "new era"! They regained their fanbase pretty well, so they should be able to "afford" playing mainly new songs and just few special older ones, maybe changing the older ones from time to time, like they did with Eternity recently.
Anyway, have fun with the interview, looking forward to read it!

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:14 am

Rebel wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
How often in these last 5 years have you seen them play Glory of the World, Why Are We Here, Keep the Flame, etc?

They'll always play old songs. But it's time to play their stuff, not Tolkki's.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:36 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Rebel wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
How often in these last 5 years have you seen them play Glory of the World, Why Are We Here, Keep the Flame, etc?

They'll always play old songs. But it's time to play their stuff, not Tolkki's.
I was at a show where they played Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?

Playing new material is good because it promotes recent releases, Playing old material is good because it creates familiarity for people who aren't hardcore fans, and also because the old songs are "hits",

playing old obscure material only caters to the hardcore fans, and sadly we're the last group to get pleased because we're there no matter what

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:54 pm

crostrato wrote:
I have many answers to every question!!

Shout outs back from the insane asylum to the insane asylum!? :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:

So, I tried my best to record that call to transcribe an interview to post later, but he recording quality was less than desirable, both through my phone and into my computer. Might I be able to e-mail you the questions I had and get back text responses?

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:17 pm

JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:

Hahaha :) Jens sorry for this, I just love Stratovarius so much, sorry Jens really, I wont bother you anymore with this crazy ideas, sorry, I apologize.

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:34 am

crostrato wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:

Hahaha :) Jens sorry for this, I just love Stratovarius so much, sorry Jens really, I wont bother you anymore with this crazy ideas, sorry, I apologize.
Dear crostrato,

Sorry.

-HC

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:20 am

HoldenCaulfield wrote:
crostrato wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
crostrato wrote:

Dear crostrato,

Sorry.

-HC

??

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

Where is that interview?

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:57 am

Yes...Jens, I'd like to know...what is your favorite city to blow up toilets in?

When you blow up a toilet in the Southern Hemisphere, does the debris fly clockwise? :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:01 am

I'm pretty sure I heard a release date during the interview, but the call quality was so poor I want to wait until I hear back to confirm and say something.