"Darkest Hours" Single samples online!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Arnold Layne
Re: "Darkest Hours" Single samples online!

Post by Arnold Layne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:14 am

Arnold Layne can take it down, if Arnold Johansson wishes.

Arnold Layne

Paul Bearer

Post by Paul Bearer » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:19 am

Arnold Layne can take it down, if Arnold Johansson wishes.

Arnold Layne
Oh Yes!!!!!!

YYYYYYEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:38 am

JensJohansson wrote:He left a subtle clue...... it seems it was LARS ULRICH!! Imma calling my lawyer!!

God damned it it sounds horrible after radio compression, mpeg encoding for streaming, mpeg decoding after stream capture, then mpeg encoding when back to youtube.

I can promise you all that the actual mix sounds like a million times better. Please don't judge the sound from this!

Yes, the wave (PCM) file sounds off as well.

( I'm not saying this to try to trick you to buy the album... I'm serious, the sound is bad on these. The youtube/ lars ulrich one has the worst sound )
And you allow this Jens :shock:?!
|StratoFan Forever|

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:43 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:I found an mp3 version here.

I also found it on Youtube.

Does anyone know who uploaded them?

Arnold Layne
He left a subtle clue...... it seems it was LARS ULRICH!! Imma calling my lawyer!!

God damned it it sounds horrible after radio compression, mpeg encoding for streaming, mpeg decoding after stream capture, then mpeg encoding when back to youtube.

I can promise you all that the actual mix sounds like a million times better. Please don't judge the sound from this!

( I'm not saying this to try to trick you to buy the album... I'm serious, the sound is bad on these. The youtube/ lars ulrich one has the worst sound )
Don't worry Jens, the song is absolutely amazing, I'm extremely happy with it already, so my judgment is 10/10....Waiting for the album, I'll definitely buy it

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:10 am

Verdades Parias wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Arnold Layne
He left a subtle clue...... it seems it was LARS ULRICH!! Imma calling my lawyer!!

Don't worry Jens, the song is absolutely amazing, I'm extremely happy with it already, so my judgment is 10/10....Waiting for the album, I'll definitely buy it
Agreed, Matias writes excellent solos it seems :lol: :lol:

Does anyone ever know what happened to "Shredding Pt. I"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZqhoS49d8U

_Pepe_

Post by _Pepe_ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:04 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
OMFG!
the song is absolutely amazing!
Congratulations guys!, you are doing an excellent job!

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:08 am

love all the layers.
matias should do something Arjen Anthony Lucassen, seems they would be a great fit

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:44 am

Verdades Parias wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:

Arnold Layne

True. don't worry Jens, this is a total must have and we'll buy it! Tell us it sounds the same, and I'll buy it too. We need STRATO!

This is like if we were all finnish and we were listening to the radio :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Infernal Maze is great! Kotipeltos vocals don't sound as forced as Polaris. Really looking forward to the higher quality versions. Loving the classical influence at the end of the solo. Some elements don't sound a thing like the old Stratovarius!! But I don't mind really, it's a new sound and movement that fans should expect.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:31 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:Infernal Maze is great! Kotipeltos vocals don't sound as forced as Polaris. Really looking forward to the higher quality versions. Loving the classical influence at the end of the solo. Some elements don't sound a thing like the old Stratovarius!! But I don't mind really, it's a new sound and movement that fans should expect.
Yes, it sounds high, very high but not forced. In elements the voice sounded a lot more forced for example. In Polaris the voice was a bit different and strange plus forced. I like a lot this song and finally Tk singing high again. I don't give a fuck if he can't perform like this live (nobody can), but I like to have albums with this kind of voice.

And that many of the structures does not sound like the old Stratovarius, is the best in all this. We can't be hearing the same structures over and over again. They are evolving with this sound, composing other things, more prog songs mixed with the classical elements. I think this is amazing. I'm really amazed with the band night now, I was with Polaris but this is going beyond. Listening to this two songs, one can't stop thinking what the final album can contain.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Sorry guys, the bloodsucking bastards at Earmusic put a swift end to our musical bliss.

Arnold Layne

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:23 pm

RazielSR wrote:
stratodan1990 wrote:Infernal Maze is great! Kotipeltos vocals don't sound as forced as Polaris. Really looking forward to the higher quality versions. Loving the classical influence at the end of the solo. Some elements don't sound a thing like the old Stratovarius!! But I don't mind really, it's a new sound and movement that fans should expect.
Yes, it sounds high, very high but not forced. In elements the voice sounded a lot more forced for example. In Polaris the voice was a bit different and strange plus forced. I like a lot this song and finally Tk singing high again. I don't give a fuck if he can't perform like this live (nobody can), but I like to have albums with this kind of voice.

And that many of the structures does not sound like the old Stratovarius, is the best in all this. We can't be hearing the same structures over and over again. They are evolving with this sound, composing other things, more prog songs mixed with the classical elements. I think this is amazing. I'm really amazed with the band night now, I was with Polaris but this is going beyond. Listening to this two songs, one can't stop thinking what the final album can contain.

All I can say guys is this..... I have listened to both songs, Darkest Hours to me is a very good choice for a single. Maybe they played it a little safe with this one but being the lead single I think it really blends the old and new very well. It certainly sounds a little more raw and intense than previous singles like " Eagleheart". As far as Infernal Maze all I can say is WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!! This song is epic. From beginning to end they have taken everything that they have done before and took it to the next level. Its like the biggest baddest roller coaster ever built. I have very high hopes for the album. Polaris was great but this one is going to be something special!
SHINE ON!

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Arnold Layne
WOW!!!!!

:omg: :stfu: :fail: :cowbell: :party: :pop: :heil: :ola: :owned2: :crowd1: :shake: :newbie: :rvd: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :poke: :poke: :beer: :beer: :yuk: :yuk: :twak: :twak: :umbrella: :bounce2: :banana1: :banana1: :banana2: :drop: :drop: :bigok: :bigok: :jump: :jump: :luv2: :luv2: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :crazy2: :crazy2: :user: :user: :rotflmao2: :rotflmao2: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao1: :yum2: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :toilet: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:25 pm

The Infernal Maze solo gave me multiple eargasms while driving to work today, thank you Matias :oops:
It took me a few times of listening for liking the song and its structure as a whole and see it as a unity, but the more often I listen to it the more awesome it gets (and I listened to it quite a lot today :lol:).
This album will be absolutely fabulous!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:34 pm

And why haven't I heard "Darkest Hours" yet :cry:?! Oh, and I've heard "Infernal Maze" like (let me check) 35 times in a week :D! I just can't get enough, it reminds me a lot to old Strato, yet with some elements from the newer vibe they've had in Polaris
|StratoFan Forever|

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Infernal Maze is great, the intro is perfect, I love the song :wink:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:24 pm

JensJohansson wrote:

Arnold Layne

I hate when this shit happens...people are eager to hear the band but dont have the patience to wait for the whole album...Korn was right Y´all want a single.

Y'all want a single say fuck that
Fuck that, fuck that
Fuck that, fuck that
Fuck that, fuck that
Boom Boom Boom Boom :x
A9

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:42 pm

Was that the one where they wreck the cd store. :(

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Kosmo wrote:Was that the one where they wreck the cd store. :(
yes sir and thats exactly what happens when people download music and dont pay for it...established artist as stratovarius, Korn, lady gaga, j madonna, Slayer, Metallica and Cannibal Corpse will not suffer so much since they have their market of loyal fans, have been in the bussines for several and years and can manage the trickery of it.
the record labels will manage this by marketing stuff and making money with their artists in other bussines (say movies, cartoons, tv shows, or whatever they make up) but.........the new bands will have a hell of trouble trying to make it into a label since nobody will invest 50.000E or maybe more to make a record that people will not pay for having . and that is why maaaaaaany new bands sucks monkey ass.
A9

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:43 pm

we are just curious, because we fuckin like this band... album & single are both ordered...

edit:
wow, i can ignore myself now!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:38 am

Almost 100% of the user here download the single/CD when it's leaked so they can give a good listen to all their expectations. Sadly, among that 100%, only 20% buy the actual album...And that's kind of sad :?
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:16 am

foerg wrote:we are just curious, because we fuckin like this band... album & single are both ordered...

edit:
wow, i can ignore myself now!
In understand that brother but you must understand that If is available to you, a loyal fan is also available to people who doesnt give a fuck or just want to make money out of people who doesnt give a fuck...let say I download the album and make a lot of copies and sell it to a lot of people who want the music but doesnt want to spend too much. thats a part of the problem....

ggonza43 wrote:Almost 100% of the user here download the single/CD when it's leaked so they can give a good listen to all their expectations. Sadly, among that 100%, only 20% buy the actual album...And that's kind of sad :?
...and I Totally agree with that, I think is less than 20%...there are many factors to get to that 20% or maybe less percent, I cant buy all the albums that I want either:S
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:18 am

adrian9 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:Almost 100% of the user here download the single/CD when it's leaked so they can give a good listen to all their expectations. Sadly, among that 100%, only 20% buy the actual album...And that's kind of sad :?
...and I Totally agree with that, I think is less than 20%...there are many factors to get to that 20% or maybe less percent, I cant buy all the albums that I want either:S
Just to make an estimate, I know it's less than that :?
|StratoFan Forever|

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:59 am

ggonza43 wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
its not easy to find good albums at good prices... maybe youll find dream theater or nightwish iron maiden etc at afordable prices.. but not other bands... at least in my country

foerg

Post by foerg » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:07 pm

thefreeone wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
its not easy to find good albums at good prices... maybe youll find dream theater or nightwish iron maiden etc at afordable prices.. but not other bands... at least in my country
i know the problem... when i look for bands in argentina or brasil, sometimes downloading is the only possibility... i really would buy the cd...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:43 pm

foerg wrote:i know the problem... when i look for bands in argentina or brasil, sometimes downloading is the only possibility... i really would buy the cd...
Just pre-order it at Amazon or somewhere else, begin saving some money, and you're done (I do that :P)
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:45 pm

I can sort of understand that if you live in a small country or something, but at the same time it's easy to get stuff ordered online nowdays.

But if a finnish Strato-fan doesn't buy albums..That's odd.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Kosmo wrote:I can sort of understand that if you live in a small country or something, but at the same time it's easy to get stuff ordered online nowdays.
"Small" country you say? Excuse me, with no intention to offend anyone, but almost every country in Latin America is bigger than Finland :?
Kosmo wrote:But if a finnish Strato-fan doesn't buy albums..That's odd.
Sure it is :D
|StratoFan Forever|

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:13 pm

Small was poor wording. :lol:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:15 pm

Kosmo wrote:Small was poor wording. :lol:
And the post above you was poor joking, didn't you see :P?
|StratoFan Forever|