Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
fernandotcl
Re: Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Post by fernandotcl » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:08 am

Well, I'm surprised. But now that I think about it, it's not that hard to digest. TT has made many mistakes in the recent past, this could be just another one.

I hope he's right about terminating RR. Maybe this could be a fresh start for him, doing something he enjoys (maybe related to music, maybe not). He deserves some peace of mind for creating so many masterpieces in the past.

Anyways, let's wait and see. You guys know how volatile TT is, all we can do is hope that he makes the right decisions this time around.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:00 am

Two guys on an airplane. One has wifi access, the other doesn't. Complementary peanuts are natural. Push your luggage under your seat. Take off your pants. Get ready for the ride of your life.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:41 am

What I do remember, is Timo saying that the atmosphere in a band is usually very tense, and a bit stressing. I think that he wasn't getting the support he needed for RR, so he said something like...

"Well, the third album is comming, I can do many other things, I have already made a career, I don't have to stand for this"

Then makes me think of solo projects like Saana Pt.2 or whaterver, because he once said he would never stop making music.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:14 am

He just doesn't say.
You know he composes music for himself everyday.
Not even a percent gets released.
According to him it only takes 10 minutes nowadays for him to compose a song.

I think he deserves a few year break before rushing back to music.
But I really hope we will get both more solo albums and also more metal albums.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:15 am

I don't think we'll ever see TT stop playing and recording music.

I was looking forward to some RR stuff, but hey, we don't always get what we want...

He could have probably arranged more shows - I mean, a few around Finland and Scandinavia at first, and then build up from there, but for no shows to happen I imagine there were good reasons (and it can be pretty difficult to land decent shows.)

Anyway, I'll get Trinity when it comes out and hope to hear more stuff from TT.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:51 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:He just doesn't say.
You know he composes music for himself everyday.
Not even a percent gets released.
According to him it only takes 10 minutes nowadays for him to compose a song.

I think he deserves a few year break before rushing back to music.
But I really hope we will get both more solo albums and also more metal albums.
10 minutes to do a song? it takes me a lot more to do my dinner! haha that is fucking amazing.
A9

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:07 pm

adrian9 wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:I think TT shouldn't be blamed again just like previous times. it's like he lost everything, not like he destroys his band again. I might think that the idea to recruit R-R at the beginning was not good. His new band can never reach Stratovarius level and to be honest, R-R never appear to be a true band
I totally agree, and thats set the demise of the project, I think chances are that tolkki will stop trying to make a BAND happening again. I pray to god he re- joins stratovarius.
PLEASO NOT! ANYTHING BUT THAT! The band seems to have cleaned up the mess Tolkki left behind after his depature and it seems like they're doing pretty well with Matias. And with Polaris, although I'm not really a fan of it, they've proven that they can record great music even without him. They don't need him. Maybe he needs them but they don't need him. Stratovarius is fine without Tolkki. And I think in retrospect Tolkki leaving the band was the best thing that could've happened to them at that point. Because there was no way that the band could've continued with Tolkki.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:33 pm

If you remember the thread TT made a few months back shows that the situation is not any better than back in 04' or so.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 pm

I think it's time Tolkki just takes a break and lays low for a long time. Realistically speaking, he hit his peak a long time ago, and there's just no way he'll ever be in a group that will be as big as Stratovarius again.

I mean, hell, he wasn't even invited back to perform on any of the three new Avantasia albums. And he gave a pretty bitchin' solo on The Seven Angels.

But the last thing Tolkki should do is rejoin Stratovarius. Not only would that be a slap in the face to Matias, but everybody else has moved on and now they have room to write music. Stratovarius is just better off without Tolkki involved at all these days.

I used to feel bad for the dude, I bet he's not being totally honest about disbanding the group. I bet he just didn't feel the magic in that project. It's not really his special baby that Stratovarius came to be. I wonder what he'll do now.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:13 am

Tolkki back to Strato?
After all what happened you really consider that as a realistic chance?

I don't see that happening ever, to be honest.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:15 am

All I could think of happening between Strato and Tolkki is MAYBE Tolkki appearing as a guest on a song, providing a guitar solo. But I HIGHLY doubt that he will return to Strato.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:52 am

is it possible that the band has 2 guitar players?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:25 am

gnurt_gp wrote:is it possible that the band has 2 guitar players?
Generally speaking, all power metal bands have two LEAD players, but Jens has always been that second lead guy. It's possible that Tolkki could come back and Matias could play rhythm, but I really doubt it at this point. I think the band wants to explore it's freedom first.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:55 am

Strato is fine without Tolkki but Tolkki is not fine without strato...

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:25 am

MikeKhalilov wrote:
VictorTDD wrote:Image

Napalm Records
NPR343
2010.09.27 (not sure)
Talk about gay...Image
Ha ha, do I detect a hint of animosity? You really think it's gonna be as questionably gay as the content in twilight? I think we both know the RR album's gonna be have something good about it :wink:

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 am

Rebel wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:is it possible that the band has 2 guitar players?
Generally speaking, all power metal bands have two LEAD players, but Jens has always been that second lead guy. It's possible that Tolkki could come back and Matias could play rhythm, but I really doubt it at this point. I think the band wants to explore it's freedom first.
yeah I know the general thing, I just raise the question about Stratovarius in particular. I don't know if it is a good idea, and if the guys would think it is good.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:59 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:Strato is fine without Tolkki but Tolkki is not fine without strato...
bullshit. I think that AoA is bettar than all Stratoalbum since Infinite.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:Strato is fine without Tolkki but Tolkki is not fine without strato...
bullshit. I think that AoA is bettar than all Stratoalbum since Infinite.
I don't think it is bs, I think it is partly true. whether AoA is good or not is just opinions ( I actually like both AoA and Polaris, I like Polaris a little bit more but AoA is still good for me). The fact is that R-R cannot survive and Stratovarius can

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:26 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:The fact is that R-R cannot survive and Stratovarius can
Yes well, one is a 20 year old band with many albums and a whole history behind, the other one started as a fragile project back in 2008, it's not really fair to compare both bands.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:28 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:The fact is that R-R cannot survive and Stratovarius can
Yes well, one is a 20 year old band with many albums and a whole history behind, the other one started as a fragile project back in 2008, it's not really fair to compare both bands.
totally agree with you. I didn't meant to compare these bands, I just wanted to mention TT's situation before and after breaking up with Strato. I still want to listen more music from him, still. If he can be back at Strato, then great :D

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:40 pm

Really sad news. Imo Tolkki is the best Power/Melodic Metal composer and guitarist in the world.

Peace Warrior

Post by Peace Warrior » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:28 pm

A really close friend told me he is starting a new super group called Symfonia, it will have Andre Matos on vocals, the other members are Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen and Bob Katsionis.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:33 pm

if that is true Ill be FUCKING AMAZING!
A9

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Peace Warrior wrote:A really close friend told me he is starting a new super group called Symfonia, it will have Andre Matos on vocals, the other members are Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen and Bob Katsionis.
A really close friend of mine also told me that he is starting another new Band called "Return to the Cheesefactury" and that Tony Iommi, Lars Ulrich, Dave Mustaine, Serj Tankain, Britney Spears, Randy Rhoads, Mariane und Michael, Luciano Pavarotti, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vark Vikernes, Gaahl, Justin Bieber, Wolfgang Petry and Abbath are going to take part in it. If that is true Ill be FUCKING AMAZING!

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Peace Warrior wrote:A really close friend told me he is starting a new super group called Symfonia, it will have Andre Matos on vocals, the other members are Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen and Bob Katsionis.
A really close friend of mine also told me that he is starting another new Band called "Return to the Cheesefactury" and that Tony Iommi, Lars Ulrich, Dave Mustaine, Serj Tankain, Britney Spears, Randy Rhoads, Mariane und Michael, Luciano Pavarotti, Eminem, Lady Gaga, Ke$ha, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Vark Vikernes, Gaahl, Justin Bieber, Wolfgang Petry and Abbath are going to take part in it. If that is true Ill be FUCKING AMAZING!
lol that would be epic

serious talking, If TT stop R-R to start a new band, then I feel bad for Gus and Bruno. TT shouldn't form R-R at first hand just to stop it like this and continue with another band. He should think more carefully before doing anything

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Well Uli and Jari could certainly use work these days, but given what I heard about Jari's firing from Stratovarius, this seems incredibly unlikely

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Rebel wrote:
Well Uli and Jari could certainly use work these days, but given what I heard about Jari's firing from Stratovarius, this seems incredibly unlikely
Well, according to Uli's myspace he was involved with the new Meakong Delta and he'll be involved in Ralf Scheepers Solo Album.

And according to Jari in the Evergrey Thread there is a new Killing Machine album in the works.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:11 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Fuck Yeah!! My favorite type of metal!! Megadeth with Pavarotti on vocals and Gaahl on backup butt burglars with Lars Ulrich on the drums!!!!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Well a really close friend of mine told me he will join George Lucas in making movies and will be part of the sequel Shutter Island: From Schizophrenic to Bipolar. If that is true it will be FUCKING AMAZING!