TOLKKI: Hopes Visions Lineup Can Reunite For Album and tour

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AAAAAAAAAA
Re: TOLKKI: Hopes Visions Lineup Can Reunite For Album and tour

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:59 pm

I don't care about a reunion. I'm more excited in the upcoming Jari Behm supergroup. :)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 pm

pfff, persoñas! So this entire year of the original web series drama didn't teach you anything! Hüh!

The psychopath like t****u should stay:

a) under house arrest
b) in asylum
c) in jail.
NOT ON ONE STAGE WITH HUMANS!!!
vroom-vroom, capisce?Image
...and dont ever start talking about money and stuff..i know how it works :roll:

P.S. Im more interested in Jari Behm's 45 languages ass well!.

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I'm almost sure Jens would be a house cleaner, Timo K would build a trainway and Jörg would shave his head instead of the reunion.
Jens a house cleaner? You mean kinda like this?
Tams

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Something along those lines. :)
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:54 pm

tpocain wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:I'm almost sure Jens would be a house cleaner, Timo K would build a trainway and Jörg would shave his head instead of the reunion.
Jens a house cleaner? You mean kinda like this?

Hahaha! I LOVE IT! Jens, I have huge problem with keeping my room clean...:oops: Could you help me? 8)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:02 pm

i dont see any reason why stratovarius would be any different that the bands i mentioned, and im sure those bands had it worse, time will tell
A9

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm

adrian9 wrote:i dont see any reason why stratovarius would be any different that the bands i mentioned, and im sure those bands had it worse, time will tell
There are at least TWO reasons, Adi:
1st - tolkki sickhead
2nd - Matias. HE is the guitarist in Stratovarius and I dont see any reason to change that.

Is't like you said that there'd be a chance that I would take tolkki back again after some time...
Get real, dear:)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Doro TC wrote:
adrian9 wrote:i dont see any reason why stratovarius would be any different that the bands i mentioned, and im sure those bands had it worse, time will tell
There are at least TWO reasons, Adi:
1st - tolkki sickhead
2nd - Matias. HE is the guitarist in Stratovarius and I dont see any reason to change that.

Is't like you said that there'd be a chance that I would take tolkki back again after some time...
Get real, dear:)
my god, i know you hate tolkki and all, but matias is a replacement guitarrist, is like saying Janick Guers is THE guitarrist of Iron Maiden., come on.(by the way im not saying he is a bad guitarrist or better)

also tolkki is not a rare case, sting bashed his bandmates for years before they reunite, the same goes for waters and gilmour, ozzy and iommi (and i think as far as insanity no one beats ozzy) paul stanley and gene vs peter criss and ace , i mean, my list is full of examples of people that might hate each other but with a chemistry that is unrepeatable.
A9

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:27 pm

@Adrian, I do not hate tolkki. I despise him. That's a huge difference:-D

And do u find Jens Johansson as replacement for the previous Strato keyboard player? After all Jens is not 'orginal Strato member'. Or maybe I missed something...?;-)

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm

Like him or not, Tolkki is the Blackmore to Stratovarius' Deep Purple. You can't compare Matias replacing Tolkki to Jens replacing Antti Ikonen, since a lot of casual Strato fans probably don't even know Antti by name.
If there's a chance for all the bands Adrian has kept naming here to reunite, then surely there's a chance for Strato's reunion with Tolkki.
Now do I hope for such a reunion to happen is a whole different matter. IMO Matias and Lauri are the best thing to happen to the band since Destiny, so I'm perfectly fine with the band the way it is now.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:29 pm

adrian9 wrote: (and i think as far as insanity no one beats ozzy)
Ozzy isn't terribly crazy compared to most crazy musicians
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:49 pm

So Matias means NOTHING to Stratovarius?? Only trollkkuureplacement (huh, nice word) :shock:
well, well, well if I was him, I'd Image such "fannnnz" like sum of u on the next gig!!! (I even can lend him my chainsaw ^___^)

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Ilsekena wrote:So Matias means NOTHING to Stratovarius?? Only trollkkuureplacement (huh, nice word) :shock:
well, well, well if I was him, I'd Image such "fannnnz" like sum of u on the next gig!!! (I even can lend him my chainsaw ^___^)

That's my girl!:-*
If you have more chainsaws lend me one so I could help Matias to clean up

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Rebel wrote:
of course, is not like he is Syd Barrett or something, but when you put the guys at Motley to shame I think its safe to call you a lunatic.
Ilsekena wrote:So Matias means NOTHING to Stratovarius?? Only trollkkuureplacement (huh, nice word) :shock:
yeah because there was only one (1) guitarrist in the band, so they needed a replacement....you should work in a news channel!! and as i said before that is not saying he means less , or he is bad or better or the savior or the ultimate guitarrist, I really enjoyed Elysium
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:49 am

i don't think the band could work with tolkki business wise, let along other reasons.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:53 am

Ilsekena wrote:So Matias means NOTHING to Stratovarius??
This is the biggest reason, it dwarfs any other ones.

Matias doesn't in any sense mean this or that to Stratovarius, as if it was two separate things.

Matias is now part of Stratovarius. And reversely, Stratovarius is now Matias' band. At this point after a DVD, three albums and a gazillion gigs it's more true than after two albums and half a gazillion gigs.

Of course having it this way means that he feels a great sense of responsibility for the band as well. Which in the end has been absolutely fantastic. He really has saved the bands' collective sorry asses with his musical ear, dedication, and work ethic.

There are many other reasons too of course why somehow getting Timo T back in the band seems very unlikely. But this is by far the most important one.

If anything you really have to ask Matias himself if he wants to have Tolkki back. :lol: Don't ask me -- I don't speak for him, I'm not his boss and he is not my boss. We are each others' bosses... I barely speak for the band. Mostly I speak for myself. Always I speak out of my ass. Or out of the corner of my ass.

Anyway when you hear the rest of the new record maybe you will understand this better. The band changed forever in 2008.

The final question is the one you'd have to ask Timo himself. I actually don't think he would want this (or be able to stomach it) for even two hours in reality. I think he was just making a very hypothetical statement in a relaxed interview setting.

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:41 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:So Matias means NOTHING to Stratovarius??
This is the biggest reason, it dwarfs any other ones.

Matias doesn't in any sense mean this or that to Stratovarius, as if it was two separate things.

Matias is now part of Stratovarius. And reversely, Stratovarius is now Matias' band. At this point after a DVD, three albums and a gazillion gigs it's more true than after two albums and half a gazillion gigs.

Of course having it this way means that he feels a great sense of responsibility for the band as well. Which in the end has been absolutely fantastic. He really has saved the bands' collective sorry asses with his musical ear, dedication, and work ethic.

There are many other reasons too of course why somehow getting Timo T back in the band seems very unlikely. But this is by far the most important one.

If anything you really have to ask Matias himself if he wants to have Tolkki back. :lol: Don't ask me -- I don't speak for him, I'm not his boss and he is not my boss. We are each others' bosses... I barely speak for the band. Mostly I speak for myself. Always I speak out of my ass. Or out of the corner of my ass.

Anyway when you hear the rest of the new record maybe you will understand this better. The band changed forever in 2008.

The final question is the one you'd have to ask Timo himself. I actually don't think he would want this (or be able to stomach it) for even two hours in reality. I think he was just making a very hypothetical statement in a relaxed interview setting.

Jens, tolkki DREAMS about coming back to Stratovarius! Trust me! Of course the main reason is MONEY he could get with Strato (of course. It is always about money in his life). We had lots of talk about that. I even tried to convince him to talk to you and Timo K. to try 'rebuild' everything.
Yes, I was one of those whom wanted tolkki back in Strato. And now I know that Matias is the best what Stratovarius could get...
Tolkki cares ONLY about money. He proved that to me by leaving me and our (unborn then yet) daughter. You cannot trust someone that leaves his own child.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am

adrian wrote:... you should work in a news channel!!
:lol: this forum is enough for me. And... people only hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe anyway...
JJ wrote:Matias is now part of Stratovarius. And reversely, Stratovarius is now Matias' band.
Thats what I actually meant when I wrote that. But it seems some people here wouldnt mind reunion...
Doro wrote:That's my girl!:-*
If you have more chainsaws lend me one so I could help Matias to clean up
Of course, darrrrling!! Lets make a chansaw party!!!! ^______^

joteke

Post by joteke » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Timo T doesn't seem to get new music published, new obstacles occur all the time.

However if he'd donate / compose 2-3 songs on every new Strato-album or to be released as single "B-sides", that would do for me. That doesn't require him back to the band (I don't hope that either) but would work for promoting his music and maybe also keeps those happy who love Strato playing his songs .

But that's of course matter of what the band and TT does. Not what a fan wants (or wishes).

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:08 pm

Seriously, you guys have ideas :? We're expecting a brandnew album, and you people hope for a freaking reunion or the one who nearly blew the band to pieces to release his own songs on their new cds? That's beyond me.

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

mocobhc wrote:Seriously, you guys have ideas :? We're expecting a brandnew album, and you people hope for a freaking reunion or the one who nearly blew the band to pieces to release his own songs on their new cds? That's beyond me.
AMEN!

And WHY some of you wants to support tolkki? HOW can u wish him 'all the best' since he wishes to HIS OWN DAUGHTER (my daughter Viktoria that his tolkki's. Just in case if some of u here did not know) to be DEAD just that he didnt have to pay alimony here and still he could fool his 'lovely wife'?

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:01 pm

Actually that's not the reason why I can't appreciate those ideas. I don't get them because they're so disrespectful towards the five guys who are currently working their asses off for us, that's my point. It's one thing to prefer the old stuff over the new, that's just a matter of taste, in my case it's easy cause I love both equally. But liking the old stuff more doesn't justify to mow over the new situation like a riding mower over the soccerfield, end of story.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:11 am

That's a good point; it seems creatively that Tolkki has hit a wall, or does not have the heart for it as much these days, so if he was still with Strato, it might take years before we heard anything new, if we got anything at all! Obviously he knew enough to know that it was best to leave. The other guys were right to pick up and carry on without him. Why should they quit if their hearts are still in it?

Things are fine the way they are now. Sure, I wish Tolkki would make some new music, but that will happen in its own time when it's meant to (if it's ever meant to). I think Matias is a fine addition to the band and it seems that every time the band has brought in someone new (starting way back with Timo K.), the music has improved. So why f*ck up a good thing?

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:40 am

Seriously personas... Look forward, not backward!!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 am

Rebel wrote:
Well, most musicians don't chew a bat's head off during a concert. :lol: Poor Ozzy will never live that down. Plus he was said to have sucked ants up his nose while he and some Motley Crue members were walking up a sidewalk. Ozzy took an "ant break". :lol: It wasn't said whether he got a buzz or not! :D
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Things are fine the way they are now. Sure, I wish Tolkki would make some new music, but that will happen in its own time when it's meant to (if it's ever meant to). I think Matias is a fine addition to the band and it seems that every time the band has brought in someone new (starting way back with Timo K.), the music has improved. So why f*ck up a good thing?
there is no need of a bad moment for the band to reunite, it could be in a thing a la Live Aid, Pink floyd where doing ok when waters joined them.

also Adrian smith rejoined Iron Maiden (10 year gap for him) over the condition that Janick Gers (who replace him) stayed in the band.

it might be a 10 year or maybe +24 years for tolkki to reunite with Stratovarius, time heals everything, im not expecting this to happen anytime soon but as the unthinkable has happened before (like firing halford and his return-) im not gonna be taken off guard by this one.
A9

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:29 pm

@Adrian, time heals NOT everything. Unfortunatelly.
And in about 10-24 years, like you say, tolkki will not be able to even fart by himself and not to mention to play guitar. I dont think FATE will be mercyful for him for all his SINS he made in his poor life. Sad but true.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:59 pm

Want it or not, if Stratovarius plays with TT again, it will be just for the money, nothing more. I don't want to see them together again. There was a time (before listening to Polaris album) that I would say..."please Timo come back!" but since the album came out and I heard Matias work and I felt how this could be the beginning of a new era for them, I thought it was just hilarious.

I'm not gonna say it is impossible, but if that happens, it will be because both parts need the money. That's all.

I will continue crying somtimes while listening to Season of Change for example or I will continue thinking that Episode is the best album ever created for me. But, nowadays, if there's something that I don't want to see in the new Stratovarius, is Timo Tolkki, an artist that I once admired.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Doro TC

Post by Doro TC » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:09 pm

RazielSR wrote:Want it or not, if Stratovarius plays with TT again, it will be just for the money, nothing more. I don't want to see them together again. There was a time (before listening to Polaris album) that I would say..."please Timo come back!" but since the album came out and I heard Matias work and I felt how this could be the beginning of a new era for them, I thought it was just hilarious.

I'm not gonna say it is impossible, but if that happens, it will be because both parts need the money. That's all.

I will continue crying somtimes while listening to Season of Change for example or I would continue thinking that Episode is the best album ever created for me. But, nowadays, if there's something that I don't want to see in the new Stratovarius, is Timo Tolkki, an artist that I once admired.
I feel exactly the same.
No matter how horribly degenerate tolkki is I cant deny that I still love 'Nightfall' or 'Mother Gaia'. Although I think tolkki doesnt deserve to be part of Stratovarius. Or any other band where HUMANS play.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Doro TC wrote:Sad but true.