Accept + Stratovarius Live in México?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HinatAArcticA
Accept + Stratovarius Live in México?

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:26 am

Hi everyone. I've been a little busy right now, but I come to ask about something I just learned about.

When I want to know dates for gigs of metal groups in my country, I usually check a site called "Oidos Sordos", and they usually give dates befoere anybody else. I don't know what's their source, but they allways get the right gigs and dates.

Anyway, I was browsing the site today, and I found a date that called my atention:

"September 04 2010 - Accept & Stratovarius live at Circo Volador in México City"

Here's the original site, but is in spanish:
http://www.oidossordos.net/propa.php?eventos=6666

It's werid, because there's no official anouncemet here in Strato official site nor in the Accept official site, and the Strato guys are supposed to be working in the new album, and this alone date in México, that is a country a bit far from Finland, is just a bit weird.

Maybe someone here (Jens maybe :lol: ) could make things a little more clear, because if the gig is happening I have to save some money for a ticket, but I just had to ask because we just had Strato back in 2009 and this is all very sudden, and I don't really trust the info from "Oidos Sordos"

Thx everybody :D
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

ggonza43

Re: Accept + Stratovarius Live in México?

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:15 pm

From August 21st until November 26th they have no dates, so maybe it IS possible, but it's kind of strange you know :?. If it's true, then it's great news for you I assume :)
|StratoFan Forever|

vampyyrishadowalex

Post by vampyyrishadowalex » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:02 am

in june 19, i went to the Theatre of Tragedy's Concert at the "Circo Volador" and there the guy in charge of "Dilemma" (the promoter of the event) announced the upcoming shows that would take place at the "Circo Volador", including the Stratovarius+Acept show, which supposed to be on September 4th, but now I'm not sure about this anymore, 'cause none has said something clear about it, and they haven't start to sell the tickets and the show is supposed to be in almost a moth :/.

there's also another date for latinoamerica on November 22 (Quito,Ecuador) , i read this on Last FM
here's the link http://www.lastfm.es/event/1576579+Stra ... noamricana

i think the dates are too far from each other :/, but i don't know, i guess we have to wait to see if it was true or not :3

pd: my english is not perfect, hope you understand what i try to explain xD

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:24 pm

If that's so, maybe they should make a second Central/South American tour with Accept. But it's weird none of the memebers of Strato stated something about this :?
|StratoFan Forever|

vampyyrishadowalex

Post by vampyyrishadowalex » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:36 am

I just read on Last FM this new date for the show in Mexico City, it says, that is going to be on September 15th :S (the date that says September 4th, was deleted), but is still nothing official ¬¬'

http://www.lastfm.es/event/1621518+Stra ... ember+2010

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:16 am

Well W.O.A. is just arround the corner, maybe Jens will post something after they are done with that :)

giovannivarius

Post by giovannivarius » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 pm

they can't do a central/south america tour only for mexico ¬¬ they need to add dates in other countries to make this tour real. that's the reason why they haven't announce anything

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:44 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Kecos wrote:
giovannivarius wrote:they can't do a central/south america tour only for mexico ¬¬ they need to add dates in other countries to make this tour real. that's the reason why they haven't announce anything
Agreed. Hopefully they'd tour North America again too.
...And a lil' further down, hopefully in Argentina too :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:58 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Kecos wrote:
giovannivarius wrote:they can't do a central/south america tour only for mexico ¬¬ they need to add dates in other countries to make this tour real. that's the reason why they haven't announce anything
I'd much rather have the Helloween/Strato tour here than Accept/Strato... and if this one is actually true, I probably wouldn't go, I am not that much into Accept as to make the trip to Mexico City to see Stratovarius play for like only one hour, unless they are going to play Night Time Eclipse :P

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Babylon wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Kecos wrote:
I'd much rather have the Helloween/Strato tour here than Accept/Strato... and if this one is actually true, I probably wouldn't go, I am not that much into Accept as to make the trip to Mexico City to see Stratovarius play for like only one hour, unless they are going to play Night Time Eclipse :P
Haha, who knows. Maybe they will :D. But I agree with you, I prefer Strato/Helloween rather than Strato/Accept...But this last one is something you'll never see again in your life if it happens ;)
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:20 am

ggonza43 wrote: Haha, who knows. Maybe they will :D. But I agree with you, I prefer Strato/Helloween rather than Strato/Accept...But this last one is something you'll never see again in your life if it happens ;)
True. If I lived in Mexico City, I'd go, wouldn't even think about it, but being like +500 km away makes it a lot more expensive, plus if shows are on a weekday, I gotta get time off work, etc. So yea, if they are not playing Night Time Eclipse, I'm not going! :D

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:37 pm

Babylon wrote:True. If I lived in Mexico City, I'd go, wouldn't even think about it, but being like +500 km away makes it a lot more expensive, plus if shows are on a weekday, I gotta get time off work, etc. So yea, if they are not playing Night Time Eclipse, I'm not going! :D
Happens the same here. I luckily live in Buenos Aires, but those who live for example in Cordoba have to spend the travel money + the entrance money, costing them the double; that's becuase all good show are always set in Buenos Aires...Well, fortunatelly this ear they got Metallica at their city, so they can't complain anymore :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Well, Accept is playing the ProgPower USA Kickoff on Sept. 9th, then they have a few more North American dates from Sept. 23 - Oct. 13th, so they could quite possible head south for some dates in between. In NYC and Foxboro, MA support is Kings X, no mention of Strato yet.

I've seen Helloween. Looking forward to catching Accept for the first time. Been a fan of their new singer, Mark Tornillo for ages. Will be fun to see him perform again.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 pm

And as headliners! Well that's something you don't see every day :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 am

AMBR@BEC wrote:Well, Accept is playing the ProgPower USA Kickoff on Sept. 9th, then they have a few more North American dates from Sept. 23 - Oct. 13th, so they could quite possible head south for some dates in between. In NYC and Foxboro, MA support is Kings X, no mention of Strato yet.

I've seen Helloween. Looking forward to catching Accept for the first time. Been a fan of their new singer, Mark Tornillo for ages. Will be fun to see him perform again.
And Nocturnal Rites is gonna be on Prog Power USA too! I would KILL to see them live.

AMBR@BEC

Post by AMBR@BEC » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:53 pm

Babylon wrote: And Nocturnal Rites is gonna be on Prog Power USA too! I would KILL to see them live.
Saw them at Chicago Powerfest in 2006. Absolutely killer show in a venue that held no more than 300 people and on a stage that was like 2-feet tall. Can't believe we're getting a chance to see them again. Too bad you can't make the trip up.
“He who despairs of the human condition is a coward, but he who has hope for it is a fool” A. Camus

Beyond Ear Candy Metal Radio
beyondearcandy.com
Photos from 2008 Winter NAMM and Blog on Ben in Iraq on MySpace myspace.com/ambr_bec

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 am

AMBR@BEC wrote:
Babylon wrote: And Nocturnal Rites is gonna be on Prog Power USA too! I would KILL to see them live.
Saw them at Chicago Powerfest in 2006. Absolutely killer show in a venue that held no more than 300 people and on a stage that was like 2-feet tall. Can't believe we're getting a chance to see them again. Too bad you can't make the trip up.
You know what's even worse is that I was living in NW Indiana in 2006 and I did not find out about that show until like 2 weeks later! I still can't get over it :x :lol: Well... maybe they'll come to Mexico sometime, one can only hope :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Any news about this Accept + Strato? I assume it's not gonna happen, right?
|StratoFan Forever|

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:35 pm

This is the first I hear of this. We are not playing there next month. If that changes or I am misinformed, I will let you know. Cheers from Jazztori backstage in Lahti ..

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 pm

Did you have a nice gig? :)

Assuming that you played already. :P

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:10 pm

JensJohansson wrote:This is the first I hear of this. We are not playing there next month. If that changes or I am misinformed, I will let you know. Cheers from Jazztori backstage in Lahti ..
That's cool. Hopefully we'll see you guys here next year, with Helloween :D

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:09 pm

Indeed: Strato + Helloween = Kick ass evening :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:06 am

Thx Jens!
Actually those idiots in the page took that announcement off... :?