Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
HinatAArcticA
Re: Sad news about Revolution Renaissance

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:The reaction was similar as always when bands try something new. Some like the new stuff better and some hate it from the bottom of their hearts.
That's what I said, and i tried to explain why do I think is important to sit an listen carefully to an album.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:52 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Peace Warrior wrote:A really close friend told me he is starting a new super group called Symfonia, it will have Andre Matos on vocals, the other members are Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen and Bob Katsionis.
That would be a nice line-up ;) I don't believe in until it is official. 2 great songwriters in Kusch and Tolkki and Matos on vocals.
And you believe it...So inocent, I feel pity for you :roll:
|StratoFan Forever|

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:21 pm

I don't believe in until it is official.
And you believe it
ok. . .

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:59 pm

cool
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:37 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Peace Warrior wrote:A really close friend told me he is starting a new super group called Symfonia, it will have Andre Matos on vocals, the other members are Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen and Bob Katsionis.
That would be a nice line-up ;) I don't believe in until it is official. 2 great songwriters in Kusch and Tolkki and Matos on vocals.
Read again... DON'T believe it... :)

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:03 am

Revolution Renaissance - Trinity (24.9.2010)

1 Marching With the Fools
2. Falling to Rise
3. A Lot Like Me
4. The World Doesn`t Get To Me
5. Crossing the Rubicon
6. Just Let It Rain
7. Dreamchild
8. Trinity
9. Frozen Winter Heart

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:15 am

rakettitulppa wrote:Revolution Renaissance - Trinity (24.9.2010)

2. Falling to Rise
3. A Lot Like Me
5. Crossing the Rubicon
6. Just Let It Rain
7. Dreamchild
8. Trinity
9. Frozen Winter Heart
just nine tracks? :cry: hopefully one song will be <10 mins

Syren.S

Post by Syren.S » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:

2. Falling to Rise
3. A Lot Like Me
5. Crossing the Rubicon
6. Just Let It Rain
7. Dreamchild
8. Trinity
9. Frozen Winter Heart
Hmmm... at least the title track is over 10 mins.
Trinity is Revolution Renaissance's third full-length ending their album trilogy. Once again, the band revolving around main songwriter and guitar wizard Timo Tolkki (ex Stratovarious mastermind) shows how first-class melodic power metal should sound. With catchy choruses, sweeping hooklines, and virtuous soli, tracks such as Dreamchild or Falling to Rise are brilliantly carried out by perfectly balancing ambition and appeal. Trinity's title track is the album's core, and while it last well over 10 minutes, each second is able to enthrall the listener beyond all expectations. Revolution Renaissance delivers an album able to exhilarate melodic power metal fans everywhere. (2010)
++The way that I feel is the way that I heal++

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:02 am

I incist... what if the album sells just TO well?

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:31 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:I incist... what if the album sells just TO well?
PROFIT!!!

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:42 pm

Rebel wrote:one of his problems is that I think he's too full of himself to work with another guitarist, but the genre he's really working in requires two lead players. His idol Ritchie managed to pull off proto-power metal in Deep Purple without another guitarist because he had Jon Lord, but the keyboardists he's found lately have been really lackluster. The Matos/Kusch project could work because those two guys are incredible in their own right, but I think he needs to suck it up and find a lead guitarist to share the stage with.
I'd hardly describe Bob Katsionis as 'lacklustre' in any way. He's one of the best in the business.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Syren.S wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

2. Falling to Rise
3. A Lot Like Me
5. Crossing the Rubicon
6. Just Let It Rain
7. Dreamchild
8. Trinity
9. Frozen Winter Heart
Trinity is Revolution Renaissance's third full-length ending their album trilogy. Once again, the band revolving around main songwriter and guitar wizard Timo Tolkki (ex Stratovarious mastermind) shows how first-class melodic power metal should sound. With catchy choruses, sweeping hooklines, and virtuous soli, tracks such as Dreamchild or Falling to Rise are brilliantly carried out by perfectly balancing ambition and appeal. Trinity's title track is the album's core, and while it last well over 10 minutes, each second is able to enthrall the listener beyond all expectations. Revolution Renaissance delivers an album able to exhilarate melodic power metal fans everywhere. (2010)
And the last one is a ballad, recogniize the patterns ;) ?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Read again... DON'T believe it... :)
:lol: What an asshole I am :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Syren.S wrote:
NeverendingAbyss wrote:

2. Falling to Rise
3. A Lot Like Me
5. Crossing the Rubicon
6. Just Let It Rain
7. Dreamchild
8. Trinity
9. Frozen Winter Heart
And the last one is a ballad, recogniize the patterns ;) ?
Coincidence :D?
|StratoFan Forever|

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:24 pm

I would like to add that, concerning Sonata changing their style, it's not like they did it drastically and really fast. Even on their third album, Winterheart's Guild, there were elements of slowing down and more progressive ideas; Reckoning Night took that further (boy who wanted to be a puppet, white pearl black oceans), and Unia I think was the final transition to the sound they've been looking for, which is what The Days of Grays is. It wasn't some sudden transition; it was a gradual shift over the course of almost 10 years. That's part of the reason I never understood the backlash against them - it wasn't as if they jumped from Silence to Unia right away.

Anyway, concerning Tolkki, I might listen to this album. Didn't bother with Age of Aquarius because RR's debut album didn't impress me at all (even with Sammet and Kiske singing), but if this is his last album I might as well hear it.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:I would like to add that, concerning Sonata changing their style, it's not like they did it drastically and really fast. Even on their third album, Winterheart's Guild, there were elements of slowing down and more progressive ideas; Reckoning Night took that further (boy who wanted to be a puppet, white pearl black oceans), and Unia I think was the final transition to the sound they've been looking for, which is what The Days of Grays is. It wasn't some sudden transition; it was a gradual shift over the course of almost 10 years. That's part of the reason I never understood the backlash against them - it wasn't as if they jumped from Silence to Unia right away.

Anyway, concerning Tolkki, I might listen to this album. Didn't bother with Age of Aquarius because RR's debut album didn't impress me at all (even with Sammet and Kiske singing), but if this is his last album I might as well hear it.
There is a big difference between New era and AoA.. Both in style and the line-up... New era is more of a solorecord... Some songs on Ao A are among the best songs Tolkki has ever written.

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:I would like to add that, concerning Sonata changing their style, it's not like they did it drastically and really fast. Even on their third album, Winterheart's Guild, there were elements of slowing down and more progressive ideas; Reckoning Night took that further (boy who wanted to be a puppet, white pearl black oceans), and Unia I think was the final transition to the sound they've been looking for, which is what The Days of Grays is. It wasn't some sudden transition; it was a gradual shift over the course of almost 10 years. That's part of the reason I never understood the backlash against them - it wasn't as if they jumped from Silence to Unia right away.

There is a big difference between New era and AoA.. Both in style and the line-up... New era is more of a solorecord... Some songs on Ao A are among the best songs Tolkki has ever written.
RR would've been a nice Strato album. AoA is more of a solo album. And it sucks.

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:19 pm

I don't think he's giving up. He's a very producive musician, where will he go with all his ideas from now on if he's not making them into songs anymore? Be this quitting thing yet another publicity stunt or for real, he'll probably be back, somehow. He can't help his need to express himself. :)
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Ragehead91

Post by Ragehead91 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:33 am

I guess he'll work as producre like R.D. Liapakis, Roland Grapow and so many others do too.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:38 am

Both those guys are active as musicians as well, though. I'm pretty sure he'll keep putting out stuff.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:34 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:RR would've been a nice Strato album. AoA is more of a solo album. And it sucks.
I just keep feeling that if RR would have been released under Strato's name, it would have been the "truly" end of the band. I think I'm glad Tolkki started a new band and made New Era. Age Of Aquarius isn't the best album RR had made so far, and I also think it sucks dude to its weird change of style, but nobody will like everything :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:20 pm

Ragehead91 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:

RR would've been a nice Strato album. AoA is more of a solo album. And it sucks.
aoa more of a soloalbum??? It os the opposite... I think AoA is much better :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Rage1979 wrote:aoa more of a soloalbum??? It os the opposite... I think AoA is much better :)
Do not try to argue with Ragehead91 :lol:! I warn you
|StratoFan Forever|

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:29 pm

I'd like to see him do more guest appearances with people now, along with producing (crazy as the man is, he knows his production). I think he should've had a spot on any of the last three Avantasia albums since he appeared on the Metal Operas... I would've loved to see that.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:28 am

he could sure have a long list of invites for guest work and other work and can put together a lot of people for projects

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:34 am

It could be as easy as getting an ice cream from the freezer. He takes out his guitar and then puts his hands on it. There isn't much else to do with it. After that he plucks the strings with a plectrum and satisfies the urge to pluck it. So, cockstey? cockstey? You know, This is the ferst time that stwatowarius we are playing in your city and thanks to you guys we fucking like it alowet. Thank you so much for coming to see the show tonight, thank you so much. We gonna play you some older stuff, some new stuff, and then next one is like a little bit older, and uh, let me introduced our new guitar player for you guys, on the guitar mr matias kueprpleraian.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:54 am

Revolution Renaissance had as much of a chance as Icecab on "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". :lol:

Getting a band to the level of Stratovarius takes an enormous amount of work, not to mention luck. How could anyone find the motivation to start from scratch and tirelessly toil in touring and promotion, only to get to your previous level at best?

That's why Timo is trying to take a "shortcut" back to where he was before: saying the first RR album is "back to the visions sound", then Project Strato's return to the classic Dreamspace vibe, and finally the new album that supposedly goes back to the power-metal style. It would not surprise me if he released a Black Diamond Pt. 2.

I find this news very sad; TT is my favorite composer of all time and a true "guitar hero". But lets say he starts a new band with a new lineup. Why would it succeed if RR didn't?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:03 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Getting a band to the level of Stratovarius takes an enormous amount of work, not to mention luck. How could anyone find the motivation to start from scratch and tirelessly toil in touring and promotion, only to get to your previous level at best?

That's why Timo is trying to take a "shortcut" back to where he was before: saying the first RR album is "back to the visions sound", then Project Strato's return to the classic Dreamspace vibe, and finally the new album that supposedly goes back to the power-metal style. It would not surprise me if he released a Black Diamond Pt. 2.
We can expect anything coming from him :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:38 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:aoa more of a soloalbum??? It os the opposite... I think AoA is much better :)
Do not try to argue with Ragehead91 :lol:! I warn you
No problem, never had any problem with him. I respect him actually.

Ragehead93
Location:Under Wolfgang Schäuble's wheelchair sabotaging it.

Post by Ragehead93 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:45 pm

Rage1979 wrote: No problem, never had any problem with him. I respect him actually.
You're an idiot. Did you know that?