Trinity leaked?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
emperor_black
Trinity leaked?

Post by emperor_black » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:22 pm

There's a torrent around. I haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm curious about it.

Have any of you gotten it yet?

rikkertje

Re: Trinity leaked?

Post by rikkertje » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:53 pm

It's the album. The music is okay, but Gus' voice just drives me mad. Really dislike his sound.

EDIT #1: I wonder where the keyboards are. Apart from a few little sounds here and there I hear no key's at all.

EDIT #2: TT's solo's are incredible!

EDIT #3: 'The World Doesn't Get To Me' is a very good song.

FINAL EDIT: After a few spins I think I might actually buy this album. Despite Gus' not so pleasant voice and the lack of keys I do like the overall music. :)

emperor_black

Post by emperor_black » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:53 pm

rikkertje wrote:It's the album. The music is okay, but Gus' voice just drives me mad. Really dislike his sound.

EDIT #1: I wonder where the keyboards are. Apart from a few little sounds here and there I hear no key's at all.

FINAL EDIT: After a few spins I think I might actually buy this album. Despite Gus' not so pleasant voice and the lack of keys I do like the overall music. :)

Have you heard Gus on Adagio's "Dominate"? he sounded much better there than on RR..

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:07 am

Its pretty good! My favorite RR album yet. But if you didn't like Age of Asparagus, you probably won't like this one either. And Gus sounds great to me...NOT like a dialup-modem. :)

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:29 am

It's pretty fresh, but I still hear TK singing the chorus. It sounds close to Elements, Pt. II but more progressive.
I like Gus, too. You guys are probably contrasting him to TK, which is unfair to say.
Upvoted!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:23 am

Tolkki absolutely shreds on this album. His solos are incredible.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:56 am

Maybe he should do an instrumental solo album next?

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:31 am

This is the first time i disagree with Rikkertje *GASP* :lol:
I actually think Gus' vocals are very solid, nothing too special but likeable enough, to me. :)

And my effing god with these solos.. :omg:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:13 am

Kosmo wrote:This is the first time i disagree with Rikkertje *GASP* :lol:
I actually think Gus' vocals are very solid, nothing too special but likeable enough, to me. :)

And my effing god with these solos.. :omg:
Haha! Well we can't always agree. :)

I didn't mean he is a bad singer and I don't compare him with TK. I just don't like his sound. That's all.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:Maybe he should do an instrumental solo album next?
NO!

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:18 am

rikkertje wrote:It's the album. The music is okay, but Gus' voice just drives me mad. Really dislike his sound.

I really like Gus' voice I think he sounds way better that Kotipelto did on Polaris. haven't heard Trinty yet except Dream.. thogh. I won't listen to it until I get it... I preordered it from CDWOW.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:44 pm

I haven't listened to the album yet, but I think it's really sad that they don't continue if the album is that good and TT is showing his extremely good solos again. :?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:10 pm

He could be like Arjen Lucassen, engaged in various projects (RR, Project Strato, solo albums like Saana). From time to time organizing some events like those clinics or guest shows or even soloed shows with his vocals.
But if he want to take a rest, ok...

rakettitulppa

Post by rakettitulppa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Very good album, but only bad thing is that there really aren't any keyboards, listen crossing the rubicon chorus... pretty lame without keys..

Babylonian

Post by Babylonian » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:17 pm

Rage1979 wrote:
NO!
Classial Variations and Themes is a cool album, so I don't think, that it's a bad idea. But I also understand, what you meant, because his guitar and vocals (including Tolkki himself, Kotipelto, Kiske and Gus) together are a great combination.

As to Trinity I have heard the songs Dreamchild, The World Doesn't Get Me and Crossing the Rubicon. Imo those are great songs. I'm gonna listen the whole album later.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Well, I'll buy the album like everything coming from TT or Stratovarius, so I have listened to it.

IMO, It is the best album from TT since he left Stratovarius.

I like it. The solos are just mad. Seems to me the kind of solos like Petrucci did in DT Awake - ACOS era. Wonderful solos, completely new solos for TT, agressive, progressive, dark and powerful solos and trying to say: "hey I'm a guitar god". And I like that.

"Marching with fools" is a song that I think is very good and unexpected.

"A lot like me" seems to me like a concept song, a lot of meaning. And I wonder if the title/theme of the song is inspired by the song " A lot like me" from Offspring album RAFRAG, cause he said in RR forum that he liked a lot the album.

Crossing the Rubicon is a wonderful song, and the beginning is almost the same like in Learning to fly, well the whole song have similarities. What a fantastic solo.

"Trinity" is another Infinity. A really similar composition in some aspects.

Then there are some songs that I consider just ok, like Just let it rain and Dreamchild that is a song that I don't like at all.

The best solo for me is the one in Frozen Winter Heart.

A very good album that I'll review when it comes out and I'll buy it.

Now, I'm just wondering...is that band going to end? I just can't understand.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:53 pm

Learning to fly, that's it! Been thinking about that..Bugged the hell out of me. :lol:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Babylonian wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
NO!
Classial Variations and Themes is a cool album, so I don't think, that it's a bad idea. But I also understand, what you meant, because his guitar and vocals (including Tolkki himself, Kotipelto, Kiske and Gus) together are a great combination.

As to Trinity I have heard the songs Dreamchild, The World Doesn't Get Me and Crossing the Rubicon. Imo those are great songs. I'm gonna listen the whole album later.
Well CVaT sure is great but his style has changed since then.
I think it would be easier for himself to work alone for a while and his guitar stuff is as great as ever...

I will refuse to listen to the album until it is out.
Yet I plan to buy it the very moment I just can.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:56 pm

I'm too weak..When there's new stuff leaked i have to hear it... :(
I will try my hardest not to listen to Strato's new album if there's gonna be any leaked songs.

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:50 pm

After listening to it, my opinion is pretty clear: great power metal album, but it was kind of ruined by Gus.
Worst power metal singer ever.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Balu wrote:After listening to it, my opinion is pretty clear: great power metal album, but it was kind of ruined by Gus.
Worst power metal singer ever.
that's why TT decided to stop R-R, I think. Gus is nice but his voice might not take the band to anywhere. my subjective opinion. I don't say that Gus' voice is bad, but may be doesn't suit with TT's music

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:04 pm

Okay, i know i'm going to get crucified for this..I think Gus is better than Kai Hansen..

Okay who want's to hit the first nail? :)

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Kosmo wrote:Okay, i know i'm going to get crucified for this..I think Gus is better than Kai Hansen..

Okay who want's to hit the first nail? :)
I'm not saying Gus is a bad vocalist, he would do great in hard rock or so, but he is the worst singer I have heard in power metal.

And of course you're wrong. : D

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:09 pm

:lol:

I've tried to listen to Helloween's Walls of Jericho since i love every other album they have put out..But i just can't get past that voice. :?

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:13 pm

Kosmo wrote::lol:

I've tried to listen to Helloween's Walls of Jericho since i love every other album they have put out..But i just can't get past that voice. :?
I'm not a fan of his voice in Helloween either, but in Gamma Ray, it is quite good.
Also, here's my "sin", I pretty much hate Kiske's voice everywhere, especially on Helloween albums.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:19 pm

I also think that Gus is not a good singer for power metal oriented songs. Of course, he can do it, but he is more rock oriented. That was said a long time ago. And i'm not saying that he is a bad singer. No. it is the opposite with TK, for me he is a bad singer for rock oriented music.

I think this album would be better with other kind of singer, I mean...I think voices like (for example) TK, fits more with that kind of music than Gus. And i have to say that i like more than I tought the way Gus sings in the album. Where I don't like his voice, is in Dreamchild, but I'm not sure if it's because of him or the production.

But if that was the problem as gnurt_gp said, then it's easy: change the singer. There are just two albums with Gus, a lot of bands have had other singers in their first albums. Anyway, I doubt that the problem is the singer, cause the solution it's easy, mainly when the band is not very known and there are no hardcore fans, etc, etc.

And don't you people see strange that in the only official channel where you can see the statement about the end of RR is in TT's myspace. Why not in the official RR myspace for example? Maybe is just because nobody is managing that myspace anymore...Nor Gus, nor Bruno myspace shows information about it.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:33 pm

rakettitulppa wrote:Very good album, but only bad thing is that there really aren't any keyboards, listen crossing the rubicon chorus... pretty lame without keys..
Yes that's also what I heard immediately. The whole album lacks keys, but especially that Crossing The Rubicon chorus sounds incomplete.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Well, that's true.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:I also think that Gus is not a good singer for power metal oriented songs. Of course, he can do it, but he is more rock oriented. That was said a long time ago. And i'm not saying that he is a bad singer. No. it is the opposite with TK, for me he is a bad singer for rock oriented music.

I think this album would be better with other kind of singer, I mean...I think voices like (for example) TK, fits more with that kind of music than Gus. And i have to say that i like more than I tought the way Gus sings in the album. Where I don't like his voice, is in Dreamchild, but I'm not sure if it's because of him or the production.

But if that was the problem as gnurt_gp said, then it's easy: change the singer. There are just two albums with Gus, a lot of bands have had other singers in their first albums. Anyway, I doubt that the problem is the singer, cause the solution it's easy, mainly when the band is not very known and there are no hardcore fans, etc, etc.

And don't you people see strange that in the only official channel where you can see the statement about the end of RR is in TT's myspace. Why not in the official RR myspace for example? Maybe is just because nobody is managing that myspace anymore...Nor Gus, nor Bruno myspace shows information about it.
I think TT might think it is too much to change member one more time for R-R.Mike & Justin were replaced already.and also Bruno is Gus' friend I think,so replace Gus may mean replacing everyone onboard,may be strange I think.I absolutely like the music,let's see how will TT do with his future career.once again,I think that some of the songs there can be hits if TT still with Strato.forgive me if I mention TT and Strato all over the time :D

PS:I also really like the bass sound of Magnus.keyboard is like last minute addition,though.vocal is recorded in Brazil so might not be as good as when TT can meet f2f the singer.still a kickass album,I think

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:04 pm

Well, that's a theory, maybe a valid theory. But in TT statement he talks abot other reasons...who knows.

The bass and drums are really good in this album imo. Keyboards...yes...it seems it was like a 5 minutes patch.