Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
MetalNat
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by MetalNat » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:39 am

Finally a book about his thought-provoking lyrics written in clear and compelling prose!!!! This is what the world has been waiting for!!! I for one will read this, and I will be impressed by it. I hope Hector Leonardo makes an appearance in the book.

Hector Leonardo
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Hector Leonardo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:56 pm

MetalNat wrote:Finally a book about his thought-provoking lyrics written in clear and compelling prose!!!! This is what the world has been waiting for!!! I for one will read this, and I will be impressed by it. I hope Hector Leonardo makes an appearance in the book.
You think so? :) I don't, but I make an appearance here :lol: :lol:
Seems like a serious book to me.

Image

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Maybe HBO or Lifetime will make a movie from this book! That would be great. Well, it worked for Johnny Cash!

DreamT
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by DreamT » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:14 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"The Loneliness of a Thousand Beers" would be a more fitting title for this stout soloists sob story. :lol:
:beer:
Well, haven't been here for six months, and the first thing I see is the Ass doing...well, the usual stuff.

Pathetic :lol: Maybe it should write a book about loneliness itself?
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON
------------------------------------

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3536
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:12 am

DreamT wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"The Loneliness of a Thousand Beers" would be a more fitting title for this stout soloists sob story. :lol:
:beer:
Well, haven't been here for six months, and the first thing I see is the Ass doing...well, the usual stuff.

Pathetic :lol: Maybe it should write a book about loneliness itself?
Welcome back! :spin2:
In hindsight, you are right as always; I've been making an ass of myself ever since I changed my avatar. However, I have a haunch it happened sometime before then. Anyway, that's all behind us :)

I hope this post(erior) made you crack a smile. :lol:

PS: Do you really believe my behind is too large? People have been hinting at it for weeks, butt I just want the truth...I would be bummed if it were. :nervous: :cry:

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:06 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10A, you certainly know how to liven up a topic! :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Hubble86
Sr. Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Hubble86 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
DreamT wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"The Loneliness of a Thousand Beers" would be a more fitting title for this stout soloists sob story. :lol:
:beer:
Well, haven't been here for six months, and the first thing I see is the Ass doing...well, the usual stuff.

Pathetic :lol: Maybe it should write a book about loneliness itself?
Welcome back! :spin2:
In hindsight, you are right as always; I've been making an ass of myself ever since I changed my avatar. However, I have a haunch it happened sometime before then. Anyway, that's all behind us :)

I hope this post(erior) made you crack a smile. :lol:

PS: Do you really believe my behind is too large? People have been hinting at it for weeks, butt I just want the truth...I would be bummed if it were. :nervous: :cry:

Oh Dear. You seem to be articulated at or towards the back of the oral passage-with an other word BIGANUSANUS, the rear excretory opening of the alimentary canal, witch can indicate a personality characterized by parsimony, meticulousness or other traits typical of the stage of sexual development during which a child is concerned with faeces. Concentrated on the rear part of a quadruped or other lower animal as in your avatar. Noone can say that you are back or rumpless...or miss some backbone... Good luck with your backchat...

DreamT
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by DreamT » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:12 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
DreamT wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:"The Loneliness of a Thousand Beers" would be a more fitting title for this stout soloists sob story. :lol:
:beer:
Well, haven't been here for six months, and the first thing I see is the Ass doing...well, the usual stuff.

Pathetic :lol: Maybe it should write a book about loneliness itself?
Welcome back! :spin2:
In hindsight, you are right as always; I've been making an ass of myself ever since I changed my avatar. However, I have a haunch it happened sometime before then. Anyway, that's all behind us :)

I hope this post(erior) made you crack a smile. :lol:

PS: Do you really believe my behind is too large? People have been hinting at it for weeks, butt I just want the truth...I would be bummed if it were. :nervous: :cry:
Yeah, it made me crack a smile, but probably not in the way it was meant to :lol: Your rethorical skills has became even worse that before, don't you think?

(I will now give you 2 options to make it easier for you)

A. Yes
B. No
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON
------------------------------------

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Polaris » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:28 pm

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:

DreamT
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by DreamT » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Polaris wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You, me, or AAAAAAA? Just look at the postcount and you will get the answer :lol: :lol: :lol:
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON
------------------------------------

User avatar
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Sr. Member
Posts: 5094
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 pm

:lol: Jaja sorry DDT. Since it never can be A10, our big idol and leader, there is noone left except you. Don't you recognize yourself? Sorry again! It must hurt...

User avatar
Stratowarius 2.0
Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:47 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Stratowarius 2.0 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:23 am

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote:it never can be A10, our big idol and leader
Jaja, not surprising! You are sisters :)

User avatar
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ
Sr. Member
Posts: 5094
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 am

:( :( You sisters are so insensitive. :oops: :( :( :umbrella: :umbrella: :umbrella:

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Kosmo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:17 am

Cupcakes.

..With onions.

MetalNat
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by MetalNat » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Hector Leonardo wrote:
You think so? :) I don't, but I make an appearance here :lol: :lol:
Seems like a serious book to me.

I'm sure nobody could ever love a book about Timo Tolkki as much as you.

DreamT
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by DreamT » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:14 pm

Stratowarius 2.0 wrote:
ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ wrote:it never can be A10, our big idol and leader
Jaja, not surprising! You are sisters :)
Come on, bring me something new:-)

(må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum)
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON
------------------------------------

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Polaris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:48 pm

DreamT wrote:
You, me, or AAAAAAA? Just look at the postcount and you will get the answer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only posted here because the image is funny! But just for those who wear the cap! Some people come here just to speak evil of Tolkki and forget that 95% of Stratovarius songs were composed by him! :lol:

TimoToikki
Member
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:12 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by TimoToikki » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Polaris wrote: Some people come here just to speak evil of Tolkki and forget that 95% of Stratovarius songs were composed by him! :lol:
And most of the lyrics.... :)

Jude
Jr. Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Jude » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:40 am

I think I'll buy this, although i already know a lot of Timo's backgrounds but i think this will be a touching book to read.

RonimuZ
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:30 pm
Location: Winland

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by RonimuZ » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:46 am

Hector Leonardo wrote:Image
Oh dear... Looks like there are only three seagulls in the photo.
" Sacrifice:Life "

MetalNat
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by MetalNat » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:02 pm

I wonder if this book will be released in the PDF format? For those who don't know PDF is one of the best and most popular file formats today. It is used by the biggest companies, the most successful authors as well as artists such as U2.

DreamT
Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 11:37 am

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by DreamT » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Polaris wrote:
DreamT wrote:
You, me, or AAAAAAA? Just look at the postcount and you will get the answer :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only posted here because the image is funny! But just for those who wear the cap! Some people come here just to speak evil of Tolkki and forget that 95% of Stratovarius songs were composed by him! :lol:
No problem. Just bear in mind that it can be misintepreted:)
------------------------------------
A's bullshit spamfilter status: ON
------------------------------------

User avatar
foerg
Sr. Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by foerg » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 pm


RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by RazielSR » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:49 pm

...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27239
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:34 pm

Figures. The complainers were first in line to comment. :roll:

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by icecab21 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:17 am

105 pages, interesting

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by AGAG » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:35 am

:lol: :lol:

I hadn't realized that the birds are the same.. :lol:
---...---

User avatar
Intiaani
Sr. Member
Posts: 566
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Intiaani » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 am

Anyone think this book is a cash-in? I don't know what to think. :cry: 105 pages isn't exactly a lot - I'm getting a picture this book will include some of the things that were going to be in Hymn to Life - Entr'acte, polished much from the original, bitter writings. He pulled this up so quickly.

Note that language on the backcover is alright. This apparently won't have the same free foreign translators that were doing the previous book... No mention of translations to next to a million languages this time, either. I doubt there will be any.

When I first saw the cover art a week or such ago, I couldn't help but notice that the birds are the same. I just thought, 'Unbelievable shot! Tolkki between too flocks of birds! Oh, wait...'

I don't know whether I'll buy it or not, though. I think I'm getting some insight in the forums anyway. If there actually will be something new or otherwise interesting, maybe I'll get it afterwards. :)
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

Hector Leonardo
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:50 pm
Location: Argentina

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by Hector Leonardo » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:59 am

Intiaani wrote:Anyone think this book is a cash-in? I don't know what to think. :cry: 105 pages isn't exactly a lot - I'm getting a picture this book will include some of the things that were going to be in Hymn to Life - Entr'acte, polished much from the original, bitter writings. He pulled this up so quickly.

Note that language on the backcover is alright. This apparently won't have the same free foreign translators that were doing the previous book... No mention of translations to next to a million languages this time, either. I doubt there will be any.

When I first saw the cover art a week or such ago, I couldn't help but notice that the birds are the same. I just thought, 'Unbelievable shot! Tolkki between too flocks of birds! Oh, wait...'

I don't know whether I'll buy it or not, though. I think I'm getting some insight in the forums anyway. If there actually will be something new or otherwise interesting, maybe I'll get it afterwards. :)
Maybe they are shitting on his head.
A Pulitzer Price winner William Styron and his "Darkness Visible" book is 96 pages :)
http://www.amazon.com/Darkness-Visible- ... 763&sr=8-1

MetalNat
Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Timo Tolkki: new book 'Loneliness of a Thousand Years'

Post by MetalNat » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Image

I think the Nobel prize winning novelist José Saramago has very similar features to Timo Tolkki. Coincidence?

Post Reply