New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by RazielSR » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:33 pm

And...I said this here a lot of times but one of the best and unforgettable moments in Stratovarius discography is Emancipation Suite part I from minute 4,54 to 6,24 and in Winter Skies song from minute 2,46 to 4,46.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
ClauVille
Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by ClauVille » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Babylon wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Cmon, Stratovarius needs a lot more merchandising, they have just ONE live DVD and it is not exactly a live DVD, it is more like a home video.
We definitely NEED Strato live DVD!
DEFINITELY WE NEED IT!!!!
Image

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Kosmo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:20 pm

RazielSR wrote:And...I said this here a lot of times but one of the best and unforgettable moments in Stratovarius discography is Emancipation Suite part I from minute 4,54 to 6,24 and in Winter Skies song from minute 2,46 to 4,46.
Emancipation suite as a whole IS one of the best moments in the bands music as a whole. Definetly the cream of the crop.

Balu
Sr. Member
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:43 pm
Location: Hungary

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Balu » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:53 pm

Is there a bigger version of the cover? I'd love it as my wallpaper. :>

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Kosmo » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:05 pm

I did a quick google of the word Elysium and it's a part of greek mythology, appereantly the final resting place for the heroes and for the virtuos.

And there's a pelican on the cover. I love it.

User avatar
J.S. Bach
Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:36 am
Location: Eisenach

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by J.S. Bach » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:37 am

Kosmo wrote:I did a quick google of the word Elysium and it's a part of greek mythology, appereantly the final resting place for the heroes and for the virtuos.
How come I'm STILL on this shitty stradivarious discussion site? :roll: :roll:

I will prestidigitate the name "shit" in a fugue I'm actually working with called "Stratovarius"

:roll:

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0
Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 am
Location: Phallas

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:35 am

How come I'm STILL on this shitty stradivarious discussion site?

I will prestidigitate the name "shit" in a fugue I'm actually working with called "Stratovarius"
J.S. Bach?...who the fuck are you? :?: :?: :?: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:35 am

J.S. Bach wrote:
Kosmo wrote:I did a quick google of the word Elysium and it's a part of greek mythology, appereantly the final resting place for the heroes and for the virtuos.
How come I'm STILL on this shitty stradivarious discussion site? :roll: :roll:

I will prestidigitate the name "shit" in a fugue I'm actually working with called "Stratovarius"

:roll:
How do you even call yourself a musician? The only piece you composed was a piece of shit. :lol:

User avatar
JensJohansson
Administrator
Posts: 1490
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:45 pm
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by JensJohansson » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:37 am

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
J.S. Bach wrote:
Hay it's nice to have some celebrities visiting, but shouldn't you guys be composing? Or at least decomposing? :lol:

User avatar
Ludwig Van Beethoven
Jr. Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:34 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:33 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
J.S. Bach wrote:
Hay it's nice to have some celebrities visiting, but shouldn't you guys be composing? Or at least decomposing? :lol:
Well, between you and me....I paid off some sucker to compose my Sonatas for me. :lol:

So I find myself here, scouring the internet for sexual satisfaction.

Lets just say I know how to pluck a G-string 8)

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by stratodan1990 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:54 am

Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
JensJohansson wrote:
Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
J.S. Bach wrote:
Hay it's nice to have some celebrities visiting, but shouldn't you guys be composing? Or at least decomposing? :lol:
Well, between you and me....I paid off some sucker to compose my Sonatas for me. :lol:

So I find myself here, scouring the internet for sexual satisfaction.

Lets just say I know how to pluck a G-string 8)
:lol:

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by RazielSR » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


About Elyssium song, please if it's possible do not cut it in three parts! Make it all one track! With the three parts and their transition, ok, but not in different tracks...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by rikkertje » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:42 pm

Yes I would like that too. One long track, divided in three parts.

SquallSaga
Jr. Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by SquallSaga » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:30 pm

Please, please, please, do you plan on coming to Japan ?

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2123
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Rebel » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:42 pm

RazielSR wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


About Elyssium song, please if it's possible do not cut it in three parts! Make it all one track! With the three parts and their transition, ok, but not in different tracks...
Only thing I can say is if it's divided, that's A. easier to navigate to your favorite part, and B. 3x as many plays on my last.fm profile.

User avatar
VictorTDD
Sr. Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:23 am
Location: Zhe Jiang, China
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by VictorTDD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:49 pm

SquallSaga wrote:Please, please, please, do you plan on coming to Japan ?
They tour Japan almost every year. :lol:

And I heard "Taiwan, China" is already confirmed, the scheduled time is around February or March in 2011. Mainland China still waiting to be confirmed.

So, let's see Strato tour Asia in February or March. :lol:

SquallSaga
Jr. Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:45 pm
Location: Tokyo

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by SquallSaga » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 pm

I hope you're right ! Thank you !

User avatar
Chang
Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:03 pm
Location: GUANGDONG

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Chang » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm

VictorTDD wrote:
SquallSaga wrote:Please, please, please, do you plan on coming to Japan ?
They tour Japan almost every year. :lol:

And I heard "Taiwan, China" is already confirmed, the scheduled time is around February or March in 2011. Mainland China still waiting to be confirmed.

So, let's see Strato tour Asia in February or March. :lol:

Will Strato come....to GUANGDONG?? :jump2:

User avatar
VictorTDD
Sr. Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:23 am
Location: Zhe Jiang, China
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by VictorTDD » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:30 pm

Chang wrote:Will Strato come....to GUANGDONG?? :jump2:
They are mostly to play in Beijing and Shanghai if they come to Mainland China next year.

Not sure about Guangzhou, as I know, there's no good places (or good live houses) for Stato to play there. I remember last time Ensiferum played in Guangzhou, the atmosphere was great and their performance was just amazing, however, the sound was very poor and the ground is very small.

I like MAO LiveHouse in Beijing and Shanghai, and The Star Live House in Beijing is also very good. :lol:

finnlandia
Sr. Member
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am
Location: Hungary,Tatabanya
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by finnlandia » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 pm

Great news guys!!! I can wait!! Oh and here is a new Hungarian masterpiece :D 8)

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1717
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by adrian9 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:04 am

this is great news I hope to re - new my faith in stratovarius with this one, the cover sure looks awesome and the title tracks are somehow cool. let see what happens.
A9

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Polaris » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:42 am

JensJohansson wrote:
Ludwig Van Beethoven wrote:
J.S. Bach wrote:
Hay it's nice to have some celebrities visiting, but shouldn't you guys be composing? Or at least decomposing? :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

This forum is the best thing on internet! :D

User avatar
Faith
Sr. Member
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:28 am
Location: Under Flaming Skies

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Faith » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:35 am

Awesome cover,I like it! :)

Can't wait to hear the new album! :D

Dreamaster
Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 10:17 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Dreamaster » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:11 pm

Rebel wrote:
Balls Of Steel wrote:A few months or a year is going to end to the same thing: if fans want it they are going to pay fo the album again.

And I meant to the new album. Why not release a special edition? In this special edition of the new album, they could have included then the live bonus cd, instead of doing it for an album already released.


That's called double dipping (The practice of selling a media item to a consumer multiple times via a Special edition).


If you are ok with this kind of things, no problem, everyone is entitled to its own opinions.


:)
So riddle me this, had Polaris live edition been the same price, with the same cover, and just happened to NOT have the actual Polaris disc in it, would you have been happier? It was priced like a normal live album.

You are right. In the net is quite cheap but here in the stores is almost 20€.
Choose your dreams
and fulfill your destiny.

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:56 pm

Balls Of Steel wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Balls Of Steel wrote:A few months or a year is going to end to the same thing: if fans want it they are going to pay fo the album again.

And I meant to the new album. Why not release a special edition? In this special edition of the new album, they could have included then the live bonus cd, instead of doing it for an album already released.


That's called double dipping (The practice of selling a media item to a consumer multiple times via a Special edition).


If you are ok with this kind of things, no problem, everyone is entitled to its own opinions.


:)
So riddle me this, had Polaris live edition been the same price, with the same cover, and just happened to NOT have the actual Polaris disc in it, would you have been happier? It was priced like a normal live album.

You are right. In the net is quite cheap but here in the stores is almost 20€.
I got it 11,95 from a local record store. And yes I did not need to order it.

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:14 pm

Can't fucking wait. The artwork for Polaris and Elysium is some of the best album artwork I've seen in years.

I hope Stratovarius does VIP meet-and-greets again the next time they visit the USA... hint hint, Jens! :wink: I can't believe I left my limited edition Polaris in the car last time... maybe I'll have to bring that and Elysium both next time!

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by robocop656 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Download it on Napster©

TheLegendaryDreamer
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 am

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 am

Just registered to say this: Will the new album/single be available for iTunes pre-order? It looks AMAZING!
(I got most of my Strato songs from iTunes.) Thanks

User avatar
Texidor
Sr. Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by Texidor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:19 am

I think its time for a little teaser of the finished product - what do you guys think?
SHINE ON!

User avatar
lalodrums2
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:18 pm
Location: MONTERREY, MEXICO.

cool

Post by lalodrums2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:50 am

This is so cool!!

BTW I like the band photo haha cool smile from Jens and Lauri, the rest of strato why don't you smile like them?

I know, it doesn't matter when you play like that but anyway haha.

Cheers guys, come to Monterrey, Mexico.

Lalodrums.

P.S. If someone has the query about what Elysium means i let you this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium It's Interesting and sounds cool I wonder why did they pick this name? Does anybody know?

Post Reply