New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
JEREMIAH TOLKKl
Re: New album "Elysium", Jan 12 2011. Single on Nov 26

Post by JEREMIAH TOLKKl » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:15 am

I say....god DAMN Elysium!! :x

Ahh, who am I kidding? I can't wait either :lol:

:jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:25 am

OOOOH YEAH!!!!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 pm

And...is there a videoclip planned for Darkest hours?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm sure there will be.. or if there isn't then there should be a video for one of the other songs off the album...When a new Strato album is coming out, I just don't know what to do with myself :D

I do wonder when will the 2 new songs 'leak'... And that doesn't mean I won't buy them of course :) I listened to Polaris when that leaked and then bought the album twice anyway.

I have a feeling this album is going to make some absolute Strato classics

:beer:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:27 pm

Same here. Usually I try to wait but when a Strato album leaks I just can't! But indeed, I bought two versions of Polaris afterwards. So nothing wrong with me I guess.

Dreamaster

Post by Dreamaster » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm looking forward for the New album but I fear that Edel/EarMusic pulls the same dirty trick that used for Polaris, when re-released POlaris one year after its release in a special edition with a cd bonus live.

So I don't know if i'll buy the album the day it is released or wait a year to see if Edel/EarMusic will pull the same trick or not.
Choose your dreams
and fulfill your destiny.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Balls Of Steel wrote:I'm looking forward for the New album but I fear that Edel/EarMusic pulls the same dirty trick that used for Polaris, when re-released POlaris one year after its release in a special edition with a cd bonus live.

So I don't know if i'll buy the album the day it is released or wait a year to see if Edel/EarMusic will pull the same trick or not.
Yes. What a dirty trick. :x
To rerelease the album with a bonus disc for $8.99 on amazon. How do they sleep at night!! :roll:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:32 pm

Great news! 8) My son has been asking me for weeks now when the new album will be out, now I have something definite to tell him! :D

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:48 pm

I think next step they will shoot the new music video for Darkest Hours and then put it into the Darkest Hours single like what they did for Deep Unknown single. :lol:

I just put all 40 covers together, woooo :shock:

and very big one here.

Dreamaster

Post by Dreamaster » Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:53 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Balls Of Steel wrote:I'm looking forward for the New album but I fear that Edel/EarMusic pulls the same dirty trick that used for Polaris, when re-released POlaris one year after its release in a special edition with a cd bonus live.

To rerelease the album with a bonus disc for $8.99 on amazon. How do they sleep at night!! :roll:
You must be rich then.

Coz buying an album from the band you love and a few months later the album is re-issued in a better edition with extra material and if you want it you gonna have to spend money again in the same album.

Why not release a special edition too in the day of it's release?
Choose your dreams

Balu

Post by Balu » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:00 pm

VictorTDD wrote:I think next step they will shoot the new music video for Darkest Hours and then put it into the Darkest Hours single like what they did for Deep Unknown single. :lol:

I just put all 40 covers together, woooo :shock:

and very big one here.
After looking at it, the best covers are Infininte/Polaris/Elysium. : D

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:15 pm

a few months
Actually it was over one year.
you gonna have to spend money again in the same album
You could consider it as a live album that has the actual album as a bonus cd and think of the price then... :roll:
Why not release a special edition too in the day of it's release?
Yeah right. They should have done Polaris tour before the release of the album and release the actual album on the side of the new Live album :roll:

Dreamaster

Post by Dreamaster » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:33 pm

A few months or a year is going to end to the same thing: if fans want it they are going to pay fo the album again.

And I meant to the new album. Why not release a special edition? In this special edition of the new album, they could have included then the live bonus cd, instead of doing it for an album already released.

That's called double dipping (The practice of selling a media item to a consumer multiple times via a Special edition).

If you are ok with this kind of things, no problem, everyone is entitled to its own opinions.

:)
Choose your dreams

foerg

Post by foerg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:44 pm

there was a downloadversion of "polaris live" on amazon... it´s okay for me if this happens again...

i think mocobhc, you would like? :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Balls Of Steel wrote:A few months or a year is going to end to the same thing: if fans want it they are going to pay fo the album again.

And I meant to the new album. Why not release a special edition? In this special edition of the new album, they could have included then the live bonus cd, instead of doing it for an album already released.

That's called double dipping (The practice of selling a media item to a consumer multiple times via a Special edition).

If you are ok with this kind of things, no problem, everyone is entitled to its own opinions.

:)
So riddle me this, had Polaris live edition been the same price, with the same cover, and just happened to NOT have the actual Polaris disc in it, would you have been happier? It was priced like a normal live album.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:05 pm

:shock:

Ohhhh yes! As said it seems that it will be a proggy album, sweet!
And more pelicans also!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 pm

OMFG this is gonna be absolutely EPIC.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm so mad! :pissed3: I paid $12 for Episode in 1996 and the next year, they released a better album (Visions) for the same price!! :crazy2:

Balls Of Steel wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Balls Of Steel wrote:
You must be rich then.
No. I have a fast internet connection :lol:
Rebel wrote: So riddle me this, had Polaris live edition been the same price, with the same cover, and just happened to NOT have the actual Polaris disc in it, would you have been happier? It was priced like a normal live album.
Exactly!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:56 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I
Rebel wrote: So riddle me this, had Polaris live edition been the same price, with the same cover, and just happened to NOT have the actual Polaris disc in it, would you have been happier? It was priced like a normal live album.
Exactly!
And that's what Jens explained here when Polaris live was released...He said it was a way for Edel to "sell" more Polaris albums. I don't see the problem. I see it logical and necessary, and completely normal. It's always perfect if we have from Stratovarius: special editions, live albums, dvds, blu-rays, EP, videoclips, youtube videos, polar bears, destroyable wc, etc, etc.
Cmon, Stratovarius needs a lot more merchandising, they have just ONE live DVD and it is not exactly a live DVD, it is more like a home video.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:17 pm

foerg wrote:there was a downloadversion of "polaris live" on amazon... it´s okay for me if this happens again...

i think mocobhc, you would like? :lol:
:lol: great! What hypes me most are the 75 min you gave them, that would indeed please me a lot :P

foerg

Post by foerg » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:48 pm

at least...! i dont want to travel 3 days just for an hour... :D

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:18 am

Some great news here. New album, extensive tour. The band seems to be on a roll.

The song titles sound darker than usual, maybe the album is also gonna be darker and more somber - judging by the cover of the single also - which is something I would welcome with open arms. A Dreamspace-era atmosphere would be a welcome change after a series of mostly uplifting albums. In contrast to most power metal bands, I always relate Startovarius to darker, more somber and dramatic music and often themes. I think Tolkki, himself described their music as "Dramatic Metal" in an old interview - a certainly welcome deviation from the typical Helloween, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian type of metal.

The covers of both the single and the album are awesome. I think the Polaris Star is there as a new Strato-trademark. Tolkki-era had the Lilly (or whatever the hell it is called) now they have a new visual/conceptual reference. Again a nice way to differentiate between the two eras.

Looking forward to their new offering therefore and hopefully catch them up live somewhere in Europe this winter :-)
Black Metal is the game I play cos' no one shows me the right way...

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:46 am

I totally know this will be better than Polaris. I'm also very curious about "Elysium pt I - III"...
Almost sounds as a little... Metal-sonata or concert

I'm really happy about this, specially after I had some news about Strato & Helloween in México in 2011

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:42 am

Wow this is AMAZING!!! :D

Can't wait for ELYSIUM :D :D :D

:ola:

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:35 am

RazielSR wrote:
Cmon, Stratovarius needs a lot more merchandising, they have just ONE live DVD and it is not exactly a live DVD, it is more like a home video.
We definitely NEED Strato live DVD!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:03 am

Babylon wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
We definitely NEED Strato live DVD!
With Lauris videos as an extra and double live album on the side. Hell yeah :twisted:

life-l

Post by life-l » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:13 am

awesome........ can't wait!!!!!! :jump2: :jump2: :jump2:
and.... Lauri, what about new Work in progress??? :roll:
sorry for my english)))

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:16 pm

Yes, please more new album fever!! Now, even I like more Polaris when I listen to it knowing that Elyssium is near. And listening Falling Star and seeing the star in Elyssium cover just rocks!

Jude

Post by Jude » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Great and interesting news, thank you guys!