"Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by RazielSR » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:37 pm

From the very beginning (Polaris), I think that Matias has been able to integrate the guitar with Jens keyboards a lot. Like if they have been playing all his life together.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:43 pm

RazielSR wrote:In this samples, (thanks VictorTDD), we can hear the chorus of infernal maze and I think this song is gonna be really spectacular http://es.7digital.com/artists/stratova ... est-hours/
Indeed! And no matter what other says, Koti's high-pitched voice still sounds great!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:07 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:In this samples, (thanks VictorTDD), we can hear the chorus of infernal maze and I think this song is gonna be really spectacular http://es.7digital.com/artists/stratova ... est-hours/
Indeed! And no matter what other says, Koti's high-pitched voice still sounds great!
Opinios are different on that. :) I think his voice sounds terrible in that chorus. :lol:

I loved 'Polaris' because TK was singing a bit lower than he usually does. So I hope the rest of the 'Elysium' songs are not like this because I can't listen to the album from begin till end if it sounds like that all the time.

But we'll have to wait and see. Can't wait for the album though. :wink:

User avatar
VictorTDD
Sr. Member
Posts: 339
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:23 am
Location: Zhe Jiang, China
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by VictorTDD » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 pm

Hi, everybody listen to this:

http://us.7digital.com/artists/stratova ... est-hours/

The samples on US site of 7digital are 1 minute long instead of 30 sec. :lol:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:18 pm

rikkertje wrote:Opinios are different on that. :) I think his voice sounds terrible in that chorus. :lol:
We always come up with this topic, and it's always between you and me :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by Kosmo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:24 pm

I noticed the high pitch aswell..Meh. :(
He has never been the master of controlling that high pitch, but now even less then before.

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Kosmo wrote:I noticed the high pitch aswell..Meh. :(
He has never been the master of controlling that high pitch, but now even less then before.
This. :(

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by Kosmo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:30 pm

Never the less, his voice is amazing in Darkest Hours!

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:31 pm

Kosmo wrote:Never the less, his voice is amazing in Darkest Hours!
100% agree!

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm

rikkertje wrote:
Kosmo wrote:Never the less, his voice is amazing in Darkest Hours!
100% agree!
Indeed, and although I don't agree about what you say about his voice in "Infernal Maze", I guess I should respect your opinions as well :)
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2137
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by Rebel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:46 pm

rikkertje wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:In this samples, (thanks VictorTDD), we can hear the chorus of infernal maze and I think this song is gonna be really spectacular http://es.7digital.com/artists/stratova ... est-hours/
Indeed! And no matter what other says, Koti's high-pitched voice still sounds great!
Opinios are different on that. :) I think his voice sounds terrible in that chorus. :lol:

I loved 'Polaris' because TK was singing a bit lower than he usually does. So I hope the rest of the 'Elysium' songs are not like this because I can't listen to the album from begin till end if it sounds like that all the time.

But we'll have to wait and see. Can't wait for the album though. :wink:
fucking seriously. we get it. you don't think he should sing high. Probably close to 40% of your posts on this forum are about that. :roll:

In the meantime THANK YOU VICTORTDD

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:51 pm

Rebel wrote:fucking seriously. we get it. you don't think he should sing high. Probably close to 40% of your posts on this forum are about that. :roll:
Haha :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:51 pm

I think 80% are! :lol:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:55 pm

rikkertje wrote:I think 80% are! :lol:
Wow, one hour of delay from one answer to another...I guess that you were counting your posts :D
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:24 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:I think 80% are! :lol:
Wow, one hour of delay from one answer to another...I guess that you were counting your posts :D
:lol: No I wasn't.

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by adrian9 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:06 pm

seems like that video teaser was put together in Windows Movie Maker by Jens :lol: no offense
A9

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:22 pm

adrian9 wrote:seems like that video teaser was put together in Windows Movie Maker by Jens :lol: no offense
Nah...Jens can't handle the movie maker THAT good :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Susie
Sr. Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 am
Location: Santiago / Chile

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by Susie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:46 am

It's cute.... :) movie maker or not :roll:

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:25 pm

MANY THANSK VICTORTDD!!!

My expectations with this album are growing and growing more and more. I'm really astonished with this two songs (samples)

What a solo!!!!...wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:46 pm

Susie wrote:It's cute.... :) movie maker or not :roll:
He knows it's a joke...I think :roll:
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1730
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by adrian9 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:17 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Susie wrote:It's cute.... :) movie maker or not :roll:
He knows it's a joke...I think :roll:
joke it is!
A9

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:06 pm

The lyrics of Darkest hours fits really well with nowadays Stratovarius. What a fantastic choice for a single. Matias is 100% into Stratovarius. This guy is really talented and knows how to deal with music.

It's funny...I remember in January, when we met Matias in Madrid, outside La riviera. We had a talk about Valencia, Alicante and how he didn't like the stage :lol: and how he was a really kind guy. And I said to me, "hey I'm happy to know that this guy was the choice for Stratovarius"
It was clear that the guy was into Stratovarius around that days, but now seems like if he has been into Stratovarius for a lot of years. That is because is a really talented person. I don't think it's easy to arrive with 25 years old and almost any experience to a band like Stratovarius and start to compose, and more if you have in mind how hard that days were for the whole band.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:25 pm

RazielSR wrote:The lyrics of Darkest hours fits really well with nowadays Stratovarius. What a fantastic choice for a single. Matias is 100% into Stratovarius. This guy is really talented and knows how to deal with music.

It's funny...I remember in January, when we met Matias in Madrid, outside La riviera. We had a talk about Valencia, Alicante and how he didn't like the stage :lol: and how he was a really kind guy. And I said to me, "hey I'm happy to know that this guy was the choice for Stratovarius"
It was clear that the guy was into Stratovarius around that days, but now seems like if he has been into Stratovarius for a lot of years. That is because is a really talented person. I don't think it's easy to arrive with 25 years old and almost any experience to a band like Stratovarius and start to compose, and more if you have in mind how hard that days were for the whole band.
Well that just proves how much of a professional Matias is. With 25 years, the world is his :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Star_Ocean
Sr. Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:10 am

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by Star_Ocean » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 pm

It is depressing to hear how bad Kotipelto sounds in the Infernal Maze chorus. It's terrible. Other than that, the song is near perfection!

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Star_Ocean wrote:It is depressing to hear how bad Kotipelto sounds in the Infernal Maze chorus. It's terrible. Other than that, the song is near perfection!
:| :?. It's about taste my friend
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:06 pm

Star_Ocean wrote:It is depressing to hear how bad Kotipelto sounds in the Infernal Maze chorus. It's terrible. Other than that, the song is near perfection!
This is exactly what I'm thinking too. But well, we have Darkest Hours too. In that song he sounds perfect for me. :)

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:09 pm

rikkertje wrote:But well, we have Darkest Hours too.
And 7 other songs :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by rikkertje » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:13 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:But well, we have Darkest Hours too.
And 7 other songs :D!
Yes. But we don't know if he sounds like DH or IM on the rest of the album. I hope it's like DH. :)

User avatar
infinite_visions
Member
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:50 am
Location: Mexico
Contact:

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by infinite_visions » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:16 am

It's really great =D
I love it!

eternity_strato
Sr. Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2002 5:02 pm

Re: "Darkest Hours" single teaser!

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:43 pm

WHAT ABOUT BLOODIEST HOURS? OH MY!!!!!!!!!
Image

Post Reply