Symfonia

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Karlheinz Stockhausen
Re: Symfonia

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:39 pm

:) Sorry number 2! Haven't you some home of your own, to go to, and tell humanity how you feel, what time it is and what weather?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Arkash wrote: Uli Kusch has left the band...
Because Jari went cycling...
He doesn't cycle anymore, he is into motocross these days.
They live 100km from each others. Uli likes fishing.
Funnily Mikko is the most metal guy from us all:) He loves some extremely
dark stuff.
The religious/political and dark stuff we gladly leave to present day Strato :)
We are up for a positive kick ass record.

PS. And I havent laughed so much in years like during the last weekend.
It was a very similar feeling to the Visions days Strato, as cliche it might sound :)
But it's true :)
:lol: so now Jari prefers motocross, nice... but dangerous! I hope he don't carry with the bass while jumping! :D

Nice to hear from you this way (again). You know, you have used this words sometimes in the last years. Let's see if this time is true. That's what we alll hope.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
dark stuff.

It was a very similar feeling to the Visions days Strato, as cliche it might sound :)
:lol: so now Jari prefers motocross, nice... but dangerous! I hope he don't carry with the bass while jumping! :D

Nice to hear from you this way (again). You know, you have used this words sometimes in the last years. Let's see if this time is true. That's what we alll hope.
Well Raziel, you know that things in life are subjective. What is true for me is not necessarily true for you and vice versa. But we dont still have to be enemies :)
I have used a lot of words yes. I will continue to use words and then you guys just download the album and if you like it then you hopefully buy it :)

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:57 pm

Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote::) Sorry number 2! Haven't you some home of your own, to go to, and tell humanity how you feel, what time it is and what weather?
Yes sir!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I told my son about this great line-up, and he said,"Tolkki is finally healthy!"

So, the sun is at last bright on the horizon. :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
dark stuff.

Well Raziel, you know that things in life are subjective. What is true for me is not necessarily true for you and vice versa. But we dont still have to be enemies :)
I have used a lot of words yes. I will continue to use words and then you guys just download the album and if you like it then you hopefully buy it :)
True, and that's what more "scares" me :D . Everything is subjective and you can have your own pov about something and the rest of the world another. Maybe in that moments you are just wrong and your mind reels with conflict, even being subjective and while you are thinking it was an appropiate reflection of your soul...

I'm not your enemy, mainly cause I'm just a user in a forum that likes your and your ex-band mates music. Think about who your enemy is, I'm sure you could be subjective with that.

Anyway, I think it's not time to re-re-re-re-re-re speak again about the same old shit. I don't really want to. It was just a little comment about your words, that's all.

Talking about Symfonia, what kind of music are you planning to release? Are you thinking about prog metal, power metal, soft rock, hard rock?

EDIT: And in the tour, do not forget to come to Spain.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:46 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
dark stuff.

True, and that's what more "scares" me :D . Everything is subjective and you can have your own pov about something and the rest of the world another. Maybe in that moments you are just wrong and your mind reels with conflict, even being subjective and while you are thinking it was an appropiate reflection of your soul...

I'm not your enemy, mainly cause I'm just a user in a forum that likes your and your ex-band mates music. Think about who your enemy is, I'm sure you could be subjective with that.

Anyway, I think it's not time to re-re-re-re-re-re speak again about the same old shit. I don't really want to. It was just a little comment about your words, that's all.

Talking about Symfonia, what kind of music are you planning to release? Are you thinking about prog metal, power metal, soft rock, hard rock?

EDIT: And in the tour, do not forget to come to Spain.
Sorry, I did not mean you specifically with the "enemy". I meant in generally.
Words are always limited anyway and easily misinterpeted. That's why downloading is a cool way to check out if one likes the stuff or not.
Of course having the guys that I have in Symfonia, it's not gonna sound like Motorhead, that's for sure.
Presently we have 12 new songs, one really long one, the title track (not so long as Elysium) and I am sure the "style" for the lack of the better word is what people expect to hear from me...Everybody who has heard the 3 demo songs we made has said the same word: Finally. That's why we put it to the web page :)
About the enemy, there is only one really. And I can deal with that pretty well these days :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Well, then... seems this is going really well. The album is gonna be released more or less next spring, isn't it? I suppose you won't have problems now while getting a good label (if that exist nowadays) and to get some tours.

Let's hope to listen soon some parts of the demos or something in the website.

EDIT: About the enemy, at least you know who it is. So, then, I think you are safe and sane. Good luck Mr. Tolkki. Do not waste your talent.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:57 pm

RazielSR wrote:Well, then... seems this is going really well. The album is gonna be released more or less next spring, isn't it? I suppose you won't have problems now while getting a good label (if that exist nowadays) and to get some tours.

EDIT: About the enemy, at least you know who it is. So, then, I think you are safe and sane. Good luck Mr. Tolkki. Do not waste your talent.
Just call me Timo :)
The album comes out at the end of March.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:00 pm

:shock: At the end of March? Wow!

Thanks for the info, Timo.

Kosmo

Post by Kosmo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:20 pm

This seems to be too good to be true...Someone pinch me! :err:

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm

Maybe the album will be released in Japan a little earlier. :lol:

Can't wait for some samples! :lol:

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:28 pm

It's great to see you posting here Timo!
Just one quick question: will the others write some songs for the album or just you?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:03 pm

Isn't it fun to ask questions already answered in the interview? :lol:

What's the band called again?? :roll:

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:20 pm

Balu wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Balu wrote:Sounds great, new Strato album will kick their ass anyway.
Hard to believe... But I hope for 2 killer records!
Why not?
New band, already planning to record -> most of the stuff is probably by Tolkki, he's pretty much out of ideas since Strato selftitled -> mediocre album with lotsa talent.
Let's wait and see... But I loved age of aquarius! And Kusch and Matos are not the worst guys ;)

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:24 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Well, then... seems this is going really well. The album is gonna be released more or less next spring, isn't it? I suppose you won't have problems now while getting a good label (if that exist nowadays) and to get some tours.

2 good gifts for me in march then, my birthmounth. My sister gets her baby and this album ;)

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:32 pm

Honestly, I'd like to believe, but you know Timo, your credibility is like 20 degrees below zero.
I won't believe anything until I see them all on stage.

nefertari

Post by nefertari » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:57 pm

Symfonia´s line up is great, I have very good feelings about their new band. :) Can´t wait for seeing and listening to them. :headbang: :headbang:

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:07 pm

This is a combo I'm genuinely very interested to hear in action. Uli Kusch is a great addition, since he is definitely one of my favourite power metal drummers. I hope Matos has written stuff on the album as well, because I'm particularly interested in how Matos' and Tolkki's songwriting works together.
I really hope everything works out well for this group. There's certainly enough talent and potential for that. :)

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Lurdi wrote:Honestly, I'd like to believe, but you know Timo, your credibility is like 20 degrees below zero.
I won't believe anything until I see them all on stage.
Oh please, don't believe. :)
Things in a line up like this are very carefully planned in advance and in the future too. So just don't believe, it's cool with me :)

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:18 pm

VictorTDD wrote:Maybe the album will be released in Japan a little earlier. :lol:

Can't wait for some samples! :lol:
Marquee Avalon is releasing the album at the same time 25.3.
Me and Andre' are going there for promotion before that.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:23 pm

Balu wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Why not?
New band, already planning to record -> most of the stuff is probably by Tolkki, he's pretty much out of ideas since Strato selftitled -> mediocre album with lotsa talent.
I'd like to think I'm not out of ideas but of course you are right. From your point of view. :) I do stand behind every work I have done and I do understand that not everybody understands :) And that is just cool :)

Balu

Post by Balu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Balu wrote:
Rage1979 wrote:
Why not?
I'd like to think I'm not out of ideas but of course you are right. From your point of view. :) I do stand behind every work I have done and I do understand that not everybody understands :) And that is just cool :)
Meh, not out of ideas. Out of power metal ideas I'd say (from your music lately), I surprisingly like Saana more than most things you have done since Strato selftitled.

EDIT: Any chance you're getting to my question anytime soon?:)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Uli Kusch has left the band...
He kind of foresaw what's going to happen in a couple of months :?
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

From my impression, everyone will contribute to the songwriting, but Tolkki gets the final say.

Its very ironic that we can expect great albums from Symfonia, Stratovarius, and RR. What's so sad about bands breaking up, anyway? :lol:

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:34 pm

I can't wait to hear the new stuff,i hope Uli also did some song writing cuz with masterplan he was also on of the creative guys.

Timo you look good and i hope you are strong enough to make it big again :)

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:

Well if you're the REAL TIMO is good to see you again on active!

Symfonia promises! The line up is great! :D

Good Lucky!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:52 pm

Like someone said, credibility of timo towards the fans is 20 below zero, he has to do something good (like.....NOW!) and the credibility of this forum has also become really doubful-able. since Bach, Ludacris, Rambo, and this people started to post.
A9

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:53 pm

it would be great if more people saw more music as a good thing, rather than trying to pit bands against each other and acting like they are competition. If anything, music is complementary and apples and oranges.

if every song has a different melody, does that not count as every song having new ideas? there are 7 elements of music, i have yet to hear a song the same on all 7.

seems some people comment that they hope the music is good, as if the writer controlled the reaction rather than the listaner. i can't imagine a author releasing songs that they were fundamentaly against throuought the whole process

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:59 pm

icecab21 wrote:it would be great if more people saw more music as a good thing, rather than trying to pit bands against each other and acting like they are competition.
Exactly because MUSIC never was a competition! :wink: