Symfonia

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
crostrato
Re: Symfonia

Post by crostrato » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:Well my friend, we will for sure keep everybody who are interested, updated with videoblogs from the studio.
Yeah, touring. We are getting the stuff together but we have a great booking agency, promotion agency and record companies so it's gonna be cool.
And as far as the ego stuff goes, everybody in this band is seasoned enough to leave those out of the studio and concentrate on what's best for the music and songs. It still makes me wonder how it is possible that these guys moved to Scandinavia and we could put this together. But I'm bot complaining :D
Awesome! Great news, Timo, I'm thrilled. Definitely going to make sure I can get to a show... make sure you have VIP tickets available :D And now I'll stop bugging you :lol:
No VIP tickets for this band. Over my dead body. Fan meetings should be for free.
As if I wasn't enough of a fanboy, Tolkki just got so much more respect for this :lol:
Well fuck me but I just never understood this. I would refuse to do this for sure although I know that the promoters insist this in the US. Sometimes I've been tricked to do this but I know better now.
I think it's pathetic to charge money from the fans for meeting the band. It should be clear to everyone that it's just not something you do. Makes me really pissed off.
I like this 8)

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:Well fuck me but I just never understood this. I would refuse to do this for sure although I know that the promoters insist this in the US. Sometimes I've been tricked to do this but I know better now.
I think it's pathetic to charge money from the fans for meeting the band. It should be clear to everyone that it's just not something you do. Makes me really pissed off.
I agree, actually. I mean, I'll gladly pay the extra cash to see the band if I really want to, but... it is a lot. For example, I could pay 30 USD to see Symphony X in May, or I could pay 100 USD to see them *and* meet them. That's... a lot of money. :(

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:30 am

sym-PHONY-a :shock: :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:32 am

I'm glad everything went better than expected.
Welcome back, Timo! Oh, and sorry for the mess we left here in this forum. But you can always have my couch!

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:33 am

But you can always have my couch!

hahahaha for this :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :lol: :shock:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:39 am

It has a cup holder! :roll:

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:41 am

It has a cup holder!
For what?
to clean up the mess he will leave behind? :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :buk: :facial: :facial: :facial: :facial: :buk: :buk: :lol: :lol: :shock:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:54 am

That. doesn't really make sense. :tired:

Star_Ocean

Post by Star_Ocean » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:01 am

I want to hear some of these demos, no matter how bad Timo's demos tend to be. :lol:

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:17 am

Very good news Timo. Shit happens and things go to hell often but talent is talent - it doesn't go away - so I am sure you still have it in you both as composer and as a guitar player. Hope your real enemy is well in check nowadays and you can focus in giving us good music and living your life in peace.

This is pretty much how I remember you from the old days. Shy and mixing around with the fans a lot. I think you're getting there. Even if it is not with Stratovarius I think you can do good stuff with this line up.

Having said that I was thinking, who knows in the future you may rejoin Stratovarius. You, Matias and Jens alternating in the leads and rhythm would be awesome.
Black Metal is the game I play cos' no one shows me the right way...

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:24 am

That. doesn't really make sense.
ok,ok i tried my best :( :( :( :( :x :x

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
curlycare wrote:So Timo, do you think that we could see Symfonia and Stratovarius together on stage (would be awesome btw), Or is it too early to ask? (of course it is..silly me) :oops:
Maybe not on the first tour, but I don't see why not, maybe have Tolkki come up and play for a song if they're both at Wacken one year or something.
Well maybe the answer would be, why not? I dont have a problem with that.
If you are the real Tolkki, sorry to think this, but you're being a lil' hypocritical :?
Yes I am indeed me. Sorry if you think I'm hypocritical. I meant that for like festival setting it would be okay. I dont think it would make much sense to "come up and play a song". I might go for coffee with my ex wife, but I wouldn't go to bed with her :) The only problem I see could be if Symfonia and Strato would play the same songs in a festival. That might be few strange.
Well, I hope if you play say... Speed of Light, you also play Revelation and Carry On. Uli wrote some really great music for Helloween, and I'd love to see you guys play some of it. I'm not as big of a fan of Andre-Era-Angra, because I think when Edu comes into the band the songwriting becomes much more mature, and the new rhythm section really balances things out very well, but Carry On is a great song.
There's so much more in Andre' than "Carry on".
I prefer his stuff with Shaman than Angra! reason is really underrated. Check out the songs "Reason" and "Turn away"! His solostuff is great too. Especially Mentalize!

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Uli wrote some really great music for Helloween
Best song being "The Departed, Sun is Going Down"!!!

Amazing line!!! Wonderfully said, Timo!! ;)
Cant wait to see you touring!!! Make sure you come make a hello to France on road! ;)

And since we are in all the thanks and stuff... I know, what I'm going to say is not really constructive and really cliché, but thanks a thousand times for all those songs, those masterpieces you gave us when with Strato (listening to one of the best Strato songs right now: Coming Home) - (and the song "I did it my way" with RR)!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I wonder if they will play also some songs from their previous bands when playing live. That would be cool too i think. Carry on (angra) enlighten me (masterplan), etc.

Anyway, they rule!! Hoping much from this record. :)

Thanks Timo Tolkki for getting in touch with these awesome musicians.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 pm

Timo! Since you are here posting some stuff maybe I can finally ask you something I always wanted to know.

Did you have the feeling while you were in Strato, that TK was singing out of his reach on some of the songs? I mean like Find Your Own Voice, Learning To Fly, Visions and such. I always had the feeling (and still have that feeling) that he had and still has many troubles singing some of the songs live.

Looking forward to hearing from Symfonia although Matos isn't my favorite singer. But I'll just wait and hear. :)

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 pm

rikkertje wrote:Timo! Since you are here posting some stuff maybe I can finally ask you something I always wanted to know.

Did you have the feeling while you were in Strato, that TK was singing out of his reach on some of the songs? I mean like Find Your Own Voice, Learning To Fly, Visions and such. I always had the feeling (and still have that feeling) that he had and still has many troubles singing some of the songs live.

Looking forward to hearing from Symfonia although Matos isn't my favorite singer. But I'll just wait and hear. :)
Well my friend, music and everything related to that is an opinionated kind of thing.
For me, high power metal singing was one of the trademarks of Stratovarius.
I have an utmost respect towards TK as a professional singer. He was always the one who had it really hard on the road. No partying for this man.
You can maybe t r y to imagine how difficult it is to sing high parts when you live 6 weeks in a tour bus. You sleep in there while the bus is driving to the next city. The air is dry and it is in general noisy. Basically you cannot really sleep properly. And this is poison for singer.
Sure, in some songs we were stretching the boundaries, but isn't that what Metal is all about?
TK grew to be an excellent frontman and a singer. And that, my friend, is all that really matters at the end of the day. :)

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
rikkertje wrote:Timo! Since you are here posting some stuff maybe I can finally ask you something I always wanted to know.

Well my friend, music and everything related to that is an opinionated kind of thing.
For me, high power metal singing was one of the trademarks of Stratovarius.
I have an utmost respect towards TK as a professional singer. He was always the one who had it really hard on the road. No partying for this man.
You can maybe t r y to imagine how difficult it is to sing high parts when you live 6 weeks in a tour bus. You sleep in there while the bus is driving to the next city. The air is dry and it is in general noisy. Basically you cannot really sleep properly. And this is poison for singer.
Sure, in some songs we were stretching the boundaries, but isn't that what Metal is all about?
TK grew to be an excellent frontman and a singer. And that, my friend, is all that really matters at the end of the day. :)
I agree completely. I do realise it's hard. And I 100% agree that TK is a superb frontman. I just wanted to ask you this question I had for a very long time. Thanks! :)

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I would like to take advantage of this fantastic interaction with the fans to pose some questions of my own.

1. If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?

2. If a child refuses to sleep at bedtime, can he be charged with resisting a rest?

3. Do they bury people with their braces on?

4. What do you do, when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Kind regards,
A10

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:44 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I would like to take advantage of this fantastic interaction with the fans to pose some questions of my own.

2. If a child refuses to sleep at bedtime, can he be charged with resisting a rest?

4. What do you do, when you see an endangered animal eating an endangered plant?

Kind regards,
A10
Oh those can be answered with two words and an exclamation mark:
Fuck you!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I would like to take advantage of this fantastic interaction with the fans to pose some questions of my own.

Kind regards,
A10
Fuck you!
Ah! :oops:
Very well then. :cry:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:

Kind regards,
A10
Fuck you!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has got to be the two funniest posts I've seen on stratoforum in awhile.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm

I have one final question for Timo, and as a massive Stratovarius fan I should probably know this already, but here goes nothing:

What does the fleur-de-lys symbol mean to you, personally, Timo? You brought it to Stratovarius and took it with you to Revolution Renaissance and now Symfonia, and it's become so associated with you. I am going to guess it relates to your spirituality and freedom of thought, yes? I just want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth :D

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:52 pm

can we have an "i like" button here?
Rebel wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:

Kind regards,
A10
Fuck you!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This has got to be the two funniest posts I've seen on stratoforum in awhile.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Hello TT2

let me tell you that was stratovarius music that inspired me to be a musician, and for me stratovarius music and the message on it is always been about freedom or about being free...
now..that being said I wonder not being in stratovarius anymore, with the RR chapter closed. do you think this symphonia outfit is a step closer to real music freedom? is something that can be achieved trough this music?
A9

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 pm

I wouldnt mind paying the extra if it means im supporting the band so that they will come back again soon. I know in the US its brutal touring and for a lot of bands its just not possible to tour here without making a loss.

I paid for VIP when strato came to LA last year and got a chance to talk to them and meet them. BUT what was cool is after the show they all went to the rainbow bar and grill and we all hung out for a LONG time, drinking, talking, eating. Its was great =) They really made my day. And that I didnt have to pay anything for.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:56 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:I just want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth :D
Oh, that's real mature. :roll:

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:I have one final question for Timo, and as a massive Stratovarius fan I should probably know this already, but here goes nothing:

What does the fleur-de-lys symbol mean to you, personally, Timo? You brought it to Stratovarius and took it with you to Revolution Renaissance and now Symfonia, and it's become so associated with you. I am going to guess it relates to your spirituality and freedom of thought, yes? I just want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth :D
Fleur De Lys appears for the first time in the cover of my CVAT solo album from 1994. It's meaning is a personal matter to me, but all I can say is that it represents the reason why I live.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:08 pm

adrian9 wrote:Hello TT2

let me tell you that was stratovarius music that inspired me to be a musician, and for me stratovarius music and the message on it is always been about freedom or about being free...
now..that being said I wonder not being in stratovarius anymore, with the RR chapter closed. do you think this symphonia outfit is a step closer to real music freedom? is something that can be achieved trough this music?
I have always had real musical freedom and I have always done the music I wanted to make. It is very simple. I am an artist and I am here to express myself through music. I have been given a gift and I am using it.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:09 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:I just want to hear it straight from the horse's mouth :D
Oh, that's real mature. :roll:
Here is another mature 2 words. Just for you. Fuck you!

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:15 pm

Plisken wrote:I wouldnt mind paying the extra if it means im supporting the band so that they will come back again soon. I know in the US its brutal touring and for a lot of bands its just not possible to tour here without making a loss.

I paid for VIP when strato came to LA last year and got a chance to talk to them and meet them. BUT what was cool is after the show they all went to the rainbow bar and grill and we all hung out for a LONG time, drinking, talking, eating. Its was great =) They really made my day. And that I didnt have to pay anything for.
You think it's the band that gets that money? :) :)