Symfonia

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ggonza43
Re: Symfonia

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:56 am

hiro23 wrote:I'm looking forward to the new material, is there a release date set for an album?
Apparently on March 25 next year
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:47 am

Sweet, sounds like next year is going to be a good year for albums
metal feeds the beast

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:05 am

hiro23 wrote:Sweet, sounds like next year is going to be a good year for albums
Where the fuck have you been!? 8)

Welcome back, bro!

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:04 am

Sorry about that, once again I've been hard at work, hopefully I should be able to get over here more often now.
metal feeds the beast

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Verdades Parias wrote:
Kosmo wrote:
Evergrey = Sons of Satan
I took it as a joke..But i'm not sure! :lol:
He said that in reference to "killing machine", the last band of Jari I suppose
Oh, right. I remembered a band like that, but thought it was before Evergrey or smth. :P

With some clips on those interviews, it seems like Tolkki is recycling once again. :I Yet another Angel ballad very similar to Angels Are Crying and Angel? C'mon... He should do something new for instance!

I got a nu-Sammet vibe overall, meaning Symfonia will sound pretty plastic. Not good. At first I actually thought the beginning graphic of those interviews were soundclips from the album and thought - wow, cool stuff, finally something new! :D The best musical part - and it was the site's, not Timo's. :(
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:08 pm

I will(as others have already guessed)just wait and see
metal feeds the beast

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:56 pm

Intiaani wrote:I got a nu-Sammet vibe overall, meaning Symfonia will sound pretty plastic. Not good. At first I actually thought the beginning graphic of those interviews were soundclips from the album and thought - wow, cool stuff, finally something new! :D The best musical part - and it was the site's, not Timo's. :(
Since RR was formed, I stopped gradually to listen to TT due to the fact the music he did was becoming very recurrent and repetitive. But I decided to give this "supergroup" one chance only because its members :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Susie

Post by Susie » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Have you seen this????

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2LBG08y6Bo?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b2LBG08y6Bo?fs ... 2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rJ8oOAAf3w?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9rJ8oOAAf3w?fs ... 2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:59 pm

The interview is actually on the Symfonia site :)...Oh, you meant how boring he is? Yeah, we have :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:21 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Intiaani wrote:I got a nu-Sammet vibe overall, meaning Symfonia will sound pretty plastic. Not good. At first I actually thought the beginning graphic of those interviews were soundclips from the album and thought - wow, cool stuff, finally something new! :D The best musical part - and it was the site's, not Timo's. :(
Since RR was formed, I stopped gradually to listen to TT due to the fact the music he did was becoming very recurrent and repetitive. But I decided to give this "supergroup" one chance only because its members :)
Me too, basically. And I thought having musicians like Matos and Kusch (who, apparently, has lost his touch as well) will force Tolkki do better stuff. Or maybe other people's songs, collaborations, etc. would work better than empty and plastical recycled Timo songs. :(
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 am

I only want 2 things: The band to last at least 5 years, and the songs to sound not Tolkki at all - He should start experimenting with something else
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:44 am

the band to last at least 5 years, and the songs to sound not Tolkki at all - He should start experimenting with something else
YES!!! 100000 percent agree. Cause what he writes nowdays sounds too tolkki-ish and recycled

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:19 am

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 wrote:
the band to last at least 5 years, and the songs to sound not Tolkki at all - He should start experimenting with something else
YES!!! 100000 percent agree. Cause what he writes nowdays sounds too tolkki-ish and recycled
is AoA? or Trynity similar to the old tollki thing? .. i dont think so..

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:25 am

Age Of Aquarius was Tolkki experimenting with a new sound, which by the way fails. Trinity sounded similar to other works he has done - But I have to admit I liked it more
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:46 am

TT has released 4 albums since 2008.
That's a lot of music for such a short time. It may have been wiser to release one genuinely inspired and truly memorable album, rather than four that sound great but will be forgotten by the fans in a week.

I have no doubt Symfonia will be good. The question is whether it will be "Trinity" good or "Episode" good...

With such an all-star lineup I have high expectations.
We'll see! :)

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:27 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I have no doubt Symfonia will be good. The question is whether it will be "Trinity" good or "Episode" good...
If the record sounds like "Episode", it'll be an instant win :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:37 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:TT has released 4 albums since 2008.
That's a lot of music for such a short time. It may have been wiser to release one genuinely inspired and truly memorable album, rather than four that sound great but will be forgotten by the fans in a week.

I have no doubt Symfonia will be good. The question is whether it will be "Trinity" good or "Episode" good...

a serious nice post!! you actually have some moments...keep the good word!
A9

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:39 am

adrian9 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:TT has released 4 albums since 2008.

a serious nice post!! you actually have some moments...keep the good word!
A10 writing good posts is sort of like how Hitler rebuilt the German economy. Good things are rarely remembered :D
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:42 am

NeonVomit wrote:A10 writing good posts is sort of like how Hitler rebuilt the German economy. Good things are rarely remembered :D
Above all the 1523 post made by A10, about 30% are serious. No reason to be surprised by this :D
|StratoFan Forever|

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:31 am

ggonza43 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:I have no doubt Symfonia will be good. The question is whether it will be "Trinity" good or "Episode" good...
If the record sounds like "Episode", it'll be an instant win :D!
but you said you didn't want that... i don't get it :?

:D

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:25 am

:heil:

The rest of you have become gradually more insane while I am making reasonable contributions to the discussion. :shock: The forum has been flipped u&#653;op &#477;p&#305;sdn!!

¡¡dn &#647;&#305; &#647;&#477;&#387; &#647;,u&#592;&#596; &#305; pu&#592; u&#477;&#1503;&#1503;&#592;&#607; &#477;&#652;,&#305; :facial:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:44 am

I personally have liked the new material that Tolkki has been coming up with, I will admit it's very different from what I'm used to but I don't think in a bad way.

I'm looking forward to hearing this new album as much as I am looking forward to hearing the new Stratovarius album.
metal feeds the beast

SquallSaga

Post by SquallSaga » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:10 am

Did you watch the video interviews ?

watch first the one of Tolkki, then the one of Matos, and at the end you'll have an extrait of one demo song, and it just blowed me away..... :shock:

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:20 pm

SquallSaga wrote:Did you watch the video interviews ?

watch first the one of Tolkki, then the one of Matos, and at the end you'll have an extrait of one demo song, and it just blowed me away..... :shock:
thats for sure! the very first seconds of the clip of the matos interview the demo song sounds very cool!!! big chorus and stuff....I havent seen the tolkki one..
A9

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm

thefreeone wrote:but you said you didn't want that... i don't get it :?

:D
Maybe I haven't expressed well =P. I know I've said I would like to hear TT experimenting with other sound, and to listen something I haven't heard before from him...What I really meant was the energy, freshness (is that a word?), virtuosity and originality they had when composing the whole album...I mean, that was a hell of a period for the band, releasing their greatest stuffs ever. But I admit I'm kind of contradictory: If I listen to a song similar to "Father Time" or "Season Of Change" in this upcoming record though, I would be let down again :?
|StratoFan Forever|

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:14 pm

although I can not stand the fact that this fucking melodic power metal that has an intro and then a damn shit acoustic verse, but then bridge, chorus and solo thrill I have to say that songs like Winter Skies, SOS, The Kiss of Judas, Hunting High and Low and others should not be ignored because they have a large vein of composition, however, by Symfonia I expect the progressive power metal pounding, pressing, and with many influences and neo-classical speed metal like Carry On and Nova Era Angra.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 pm

Well, if Symfonia plays a mix of Angra, Gamma Ray, Sonata Arctica, Helloween and Stratovarius...HOLY SHIT :shock:!
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:28 am

I'll have to admit, that would be freaking epic
metal feeds the beast

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 pm

My friend, who is quite close to band, has given me the demo CD and it is incredible. It sounds a mix of stratovarius, helloween, and sonata arctica at its best. Quite good. :)

And I hear now because Jari is back, Tolkki is writing a Black Diamond pt. 2...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Sumerian wrote:And I hear now because Jari is back, Tolkki is writing a Black Diamond pt. 2...
Tell him to stop beign such a dickhead and to start writing "Return To Dreamspace" :D!
|StratoFan Forever|