Symfonia

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Kecos
Re: Symfonia

Post by Kecos » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:13 pm

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:23 pm

icecab21 wrote:it would be great if more people saw more music as a good thing, rather than trying to pit bands against each other and acting like they are competition. If anything, music is complementary and apples and oranges.

if every song has a different melody, does that not count as every song having new ideas? there are 7 elements of music, i have yet to hear a song the same on all 7.

seems some people comment that they hope the music is good, as if the writer controlled the reaction rather than the listaner. i can't imagine a author releasing songs that they were fundamentaly against throuought the whole process
Why you have always to make a big, huge and serious deal about anything :??
|StratoFan Forever|

curlycare

Post by curlycare » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:24 pm

So Timo, do you think that we could see Symfonia and Stratovarius together on stage (would be awesome btw), Or is it too early to ask? (of course it is..silly me) :oops:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

curlycare wrote:So Timo, do you think that we could see Symfonia and Stratovarius together on stage (would be awesome btw), Or is it too early to ask? (of course it is..silly me) :oops:
I am not Timo Tolkki, but I think not only me but everyone here would answer you the same thing: NA!
|StratoFan Forever|

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:37 pm

curlycare wrote:So Timo, do you think that we could see Symfonia and Stratovarius together on stage (would be awesome btw), Or is it too early to ask? (of course it is..silly me) :oops:
Maybe not on the first tour, but I don't see why not, maybe have Tolkki come up and play for a song if they're both at Wacken one year or something.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:58 pm

Yeah, curious to see, too, the credits of each songs!!!

The only band member I'm not really convinced by is André Matos (dont like the guy), would have been so great and awesome with Michael Kiske or Ralf Scheepers.
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:59 pm

Rebel wrote:
Maybe not on the first tour, but I don't see why not, maybe have Tolkki come up and play for a song if they're both at Wacken one year or something.
Well maybe the answer would be, why not? I dont have a problem with that.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If you are the real Tolkki, sorry to think this, but you're being a lil' hypocritical :?
|StratoFan Forever|

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:01 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
If you are the real Tolkki, sorry to think this, but you're being a lil' hypocritical :?
Yes I am indeed me. Sorry if you think I'm hypocritical. I meant that for like festival setting it would be okay. I dont think it would make much sense to "come up and play a song". I might go for coffee with my ex wife, but I wouldn't go to bed with her :) The only problem I see could be if Symfonia and Strato would play the same songs in a festival. That might be few strange.

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:26 pm

I'm very glad to see all this, since i was looking forward so much to see RR live on stage...

Age of Aquarius and Saana have a special place in my heart, and also my record shelve i might add :) -They really raise in-depth thoughts and feelings listening.

A thing i wanted to ask too, Timo: "Little Tim" is early you, in It's Xmas Morning song isn't he?

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Yes I am indeed me. Sorry if you think I'm hypocritical. I meant that for like festival setting it would be okay. I dont think it would make much sense to "come up and play a song". I might go for coffee with my ex wife, but I wouldn't go to bed with her :) The only problem I see could be if Symfonia and Strato would play the same songs in a festival. That might be few strange.
Well, I hope if you play say... Speed of Light, you also play Revelation and Carry On. Uli wrote some really great music for Helloween, and I'd love to see you guys play some of it. I'm not as big of a fan of Andre-Era-Angra, because I think when Edu comes into the band the songwriting becomes much more mature, and the new rhythm section really balances things out very well, but Carry On is a great song.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 am

Rebel wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Well, I hope if you play say... Speed of Light, you also play Revelation and Carry On. Uli wrote some really great music for Helloween, and I'd love to see you guys play some of it. I'm not as big of a fan of Andre-Era-Angra, because I think when Edu comes into the band the songwriting becomes much more mature, and the new rhythm section really balances things out very well, but Carry On is a great song.
There's so much more in Andre' than "Carry on".

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 am

Since I live in the United States and I'll probably never get the chance to meet Tolkki himself, I'd like to express how grateful I am to Tolkki for all the fucking incredible Stratovarius music he's made. My all-time favorite metal band, no question, and I'll admit the past couple years I thought you were pretty nuts, man, but you're a fucking incredible guitarist and musician and I'm expecting amazing things from Symfonia. Take it easy, Timo!

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:35 am

Empathica1928 wrote:Since I'll probably never get the chance to meet Tolkki himself, I'd like to express how grateful I am to Tolkki for all the fucking incredible Stratovarius music he's made. My all-time favorite metal band, no question, and I'll admit the past couple years I thought you were pretty nuts, man, but you're a fucking incredible guitarist and musician and I'm expecting amazing things from Symfonia. Take it easy, Timo!
Well you would meet me after a gig but I tell you, my wife doesn't think I'm nuts.
Neither does my daughter. I'm not saying I'm "normal" and neither I think I wanna be and I certainly dont wanna start a discussion about that, but probably 25% of the stuff you have read about me in the press is true :)
Thanks a lot for your words!! Strato music was and always has been a collective energy of 5 people, not just me.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:37 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:Since I'll probably never get the chance to meet Tolkki himself, I'd like to express how grateful I am to Tolkki for all the fucking incredible Stratovarius music he's made. My all-time favorite metal band, no question, and I'll admit the past couple years I thought you were pretty nuts, man, but you're a fucking incredible guitarist and musician and I'm expecting amazing things from Symfonia. Take it easy, Timo!
Well you would meet me after a gig but I tell you, my wife doesn't think I'm nuts.
Neither does my daughter. I'm not saying I'm "normal" and neither I think I wanna be and I certainly dont wanna start a discussion about that, but probably 25% of the stuff you have read about me in the press is true :)
Thanks a lot for your words!! Strato music was and always has been a collective energy of 5 people, not just me.
Come on over to Chicago in the United States and I'll be happy to meet you after a gig and buy dinner for you and your family. :lol: And I don't think you're nuts anymore, so cheers!

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:43 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Come on over to Chicago in the United States and I'll be happy to meet you after a gig and buy dinner for you and your family. :lol: And I don't think you're nuts anymore, so cheers!
I'm nuts, but in a good way :) We are sort of planning stuff as we go, but we are starting to record in 15 days actually, in Sweden. I think the US/Canada would probably be in the fall of 2011.

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:48 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
I'm nuts, but in a good way :) We are sort of planning stuff as we go, but we are starting to record in 15 days actually, in Sweden. I think the US/Canada would probably be in the fall of 2011.
Touring in the US/Canada, you mean?! :shock: That'd be amazing! You should keep everyone updated on the recording process, like an online diary or something, if allowed... us fans would love it :D Can't wait to hear news as this album develops.

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:54 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Touring in the US/Canada, you mean?! :shock: That'd be amazing! You should keep everyone updated on the recording process, like an online diary or something, if allowed... us fans would love it :D Can't wait to hear news as this album develops.
Well my friend, we will for sure keep everybody who are interested, updated with videoblogs from the studio.
Yeah, touring. We are getting the stuff together but we have a great booking agency, promotion agency and record companies so it's gonna be cool.
And as far as the ego stuff goes, everybody in this band is seasoned enough to leave those out of the studio and concentrate on what's best for the music and songs. It still makes me wonder how it is possible that these guys moved to Scandinavia and we could put this together. But I'm bot complaining :D

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:Well my friend, we will for sure keep everybody who are interested, updated with videoblogs from the studio.
Yeah, touring. We are getting the stuff together but we have a great booking agency, promotion agency and record companies so it's gonna be cool.
And as far as the ego stuff goes, everybody in this band is seasoned enough to leave those out of the studio and concentrate on what's best for the music and songs. It still makes me wonder how it is possible that these guys moved to Scandinavia and we could put this together. But I'm bot complaining :D
Awesome! Great news, Timo, I'm thrilled. Definitely going to make sure I can get to a show... make sure you have VIP tickets available :D And now I'll stop bugging you :lol:

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:Well my friend, we will for sure keep everybody who are interested, updated with videoblogs from the studio.
Awesome! Great news, Timo, I'm thrilled. Definitely going to make sure I can get to a show... make sure you have VIP tickets available :D And now I'll stop bugging you :lol:
No VIP tickets for this band. Over my dead body. Fan meetings should be for free.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:11 am

#motel

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:12 am

So nice to see you here, welcome back on forum, cant wait for the album and to see you live,thank you for your music, it is my biggest inspiration.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:17 am

Will this be a hit or miss thing like it seemed RR was or will there be time to grow like stratovarius had? It seemed with stratovarius there was so much work building it into something that could sell and with RR there were expectations to get big tours right away. This new band seems like it will get that right away chance though. I just wonder about those touring situations since in the USA there are some new bands like mutiny within that get support tours with the bands that come over from Europe and will have 2/3 tours and 60 shows in 90 days.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 am

He he, funny story, last time I see you live, was in Ljubljana, Slovenija, me and my friend waited for 6 hours on rain and snow in front of place, ha ha, but it was great show anyway, and than we waited train for Croatia for next 6 hours, but Stratovarius was awesome, hehe.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:18 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
There's so much more in Andre' than "Carry on".
For sure, but I don't want to hear TOO many classics, I'm really hoping the majority of your setlist is made up of Symfonia songs. Maybe his cover of "Separate ways" could make it into the set? :lol:

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:21 am

i think a cool set list would be the full new album and then some hits from members past bands if its a full 100 minute spot or something, or just selected songs from the new album if its one of those 40-50 minute support slots

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 am

A celebrity is in our midst! :shock:
..And the suckups have crawled out of the woodwork with their pointless inquisitions. :roll:

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:37 am

Who is your favorite poster here?

Arnold Layne

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:43 am

Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
No VIP tickets for this band. Over my dead body. Fan meetings should be for free.
As if I wasn't enough of a fanboy, Tolkki just got so much more respect for this :lol:

Timo Tolkki2

Post by Timo Tolkki2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:46 am

Empathica1928 wrote:
Timo Tolkki2 wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:
As if I wasn't enough of a fanboy, Tolkki just got so much more respect for this :lol:
Well fuck me but I just never understood this. I would refuse to do this for sure although I know that the promoters insist this in the US. Sometimes I've been tricked to do this but I know better now.
I think it's pathetic to charge money from the fans for meeting the band. It should be clear to everyone that it's just not something you do. Makes me really pissed off.