Some extremely bad news

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Lyon_Cesar
Re: Some extremely bad news

Post by Lyon_Cesar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:42 pm

This is really bad news, but Jorg is a strong guy and he'll be better soon.

Be strong, JORG!

Viking Äiti

Post by Viking Äiti » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Bockrocker,

I posted it in Finnish for Timo, Matias and Lauri then posted it in English right after for Jörg, Jens and everyone else. Having followed Stratovarius for ten years, I am well aware that Jörg is German and Jens is Swedish. In any case, does it really matter? We are here to support Jörg... no matter what language. Let's focus on giving Jörg and the band our love and support. Love is love....in every language. :wink:
Ole kiltti toisilleen!

Viking Äiti

IN RESPONSE TO mayhem-for-all's POST

Post by Viking Äiti » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:30 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:

"Yes and that Google translated message is terrible Finnish :lol: Yeah to keep up the fighting spirit we want to almost check which country you are from."

"Ok maybe I shouldn't joke about this kind of serious things." :(

"että olen ollut syöpä ilmaiseksi kolmen vuoden ajan"

"I have been cancer for free for three years" :lol:

IN RESPONSE TO mayhem-for-all's ABOVE POST:

mayhem-for-all,

How sad for you. You must be at a really low place in your life to feel the need to poke fun that I survived cancer. Does it really matter how I tried to communicate my message? I do believe love and support is love and support no matter how it is translated. Speaking of which, I am of Finnish descent, (starting with my grandparents on back). However, I was born and raised in the states, so I do not speak the language very well. However, since you seem to be a stickler on making sure every word is translated correctly: I am currently studying and learning Finnish through a Finnish tutor, (and not google translating). So, as my tutor said, (as I am still learning the language), "You will speak broken Finnish for a while, but we do understand what you are communicating to us." With that said, I wonder: If a person from Finland posted a message of love, hope and support and shared his/her story in "broken English," would you poke fun at that too?

Stop using this forum as a way to make light of a serious situation and laugh at those who are sending love, hope and well wishes. It is easy to bully behind the safety of your computer screen in anonymity, but it is wrong just the same.

Cancer is not funny. People's expressions of love and support are not funny. As my grandfather always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, then it is best to remain silent." :?

Now, let's refocus on what really matters! Jörg, we are all sending you our love, support and prayers. You are strong, and I know you will survive!! WE LOVE YOU!! :luv1:

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:07 pm

yesterday was one of the weirdiest days of my life, Strato was/is such imporant thing in my daily routine in me life that every little thing that happens is something rounding my head for hours and hours, day after day, like when i'd noticed Elysium was the new album, Seemed like a kid waiting for a new toy. But when i heard this, I was so fucking broken, badly. In this moments. I'm so anxious, like a friend who is going through all this, And I'm being brutally honest with.

No matter what, only our hearts know how much we're in the fight with you Jorg

gon

Post by gon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:25 pm

To Jörg:
man, there´s no words. I know what cancer means. So, I have no hesitate you will fight until this nightmare is over. Keep strong, keep the faith. :)
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: IN RESPONSE TO mayhem-for-all's POST

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:43 am

Viking Äiti wrote:
How sad for you. You must be at a really low place in your life to feel the need to poke fun that I survived cancer. Does it really matter how I tried to communicate my message?
Yes, simian. How you express yourself matters quite a bit, and since your cancer was not one of the brain, you have no excuse. Now, quit whining and get situated in your new home- my ignore list- where you will find plenty of companionship from other likeminded buffoons. :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:45 am

Prayers and best wishes for Jorg.

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:17 am

Keeing you in my thoughts and prayers, Jorg! You are the man!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2rhG-Ic1Kk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2rhG-Ic1Kk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:10 am

With that said, I wonder: If a person from Finland posted a message of love, hope and support and shared his/her story in "broken English," would you poke fun at that too?
Yes :?
You must be at a really low place in your life to feel the need to poke fun that I survived cancer
Actually I am better than ever and I actually didn't understand that you survived cancer since your post was 60% ununderstandable.
Stop using this forum as a way to make light of a serious situation and laugh at those who are sending love, hope and well wishes. It is easy to bully behind the safety of your computer screen in anonymity, but it is wrong just the same.
You should have seen the age of spamming on stratoforum :lol:
"If you don't have anything nice to say, then it is best to remain silent."
So no freedom of opinnion then? I can only post something that agrees with everyone? That must be a boring life. And you yourself are breaking this unbreakable rule.
Now, let's refocus on what really matters! Jörg, we are all sending you our love, support and prayers. You are strong, and I know you will survive!! WE LOVE YOU!!
But of course on this I agree on.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm

Burning Reflection wrote:Keeing you in my thoughts and prayers, Jorg! You are the man!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2rhG-Ic1Kk?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q2rhG-Ic1Kk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

THAT'S IT!! THAT'S HOW YOU HAVE TO DO IT JÖRG!! BEAT IT ALL!! DESTROY IT ALL MAN!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:34 pm

Never lose faith Jorg,you are not alone in this fight.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 pm

@ Viking Äiti and mayhem-for-all: Is it really necessary for you 2 to fight about such a silly topic in a really serious thread like this one? Seriously guys, I don't know about that Viking Äiti, but mayhem I'm surprised that you went into this discussion...Let's everyone forget about things that aren't really important and focus on what really matters :)
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Yeah... I'm all for the madness this forum flourishes on, but not in a thread like this.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I Agree!

Mr. Jörg, we love you!!!!!! And you will do wonderful****

Period

:luv1:

All that matters

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:40 am

mmarton88 wrote:But I've only one drumstick, and it is from Jörg. But I wouldn't change it for the all drumsticks of the shows I've ever seen.
I remember when you got it. :) I even tried to get it from you, asking how much money you need etc. :D

But I have mine too, so together w can bring the spirit of Jörg's playing next week and hopefully next here The Man himself comes to bring spirit into Budapest's concert halls.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:45 am

Susie wrote:I Agree!

Mr. Jörg, we love you!!!!!! And you will do wonderful****

Period

:luv1:

All that matters
I LOVE you too!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :luv3: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1: :luv1:

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:49 am

ggonza43 wrote:@ Viking Äiti and mayhem-for-all: Is it really necessary for you 2 to fight about such a silly topic in a really serious thread like this one? Seriously guys, I don't know about that Viking Äiti, but mayhem I'm surprised that you went into this discussion...Let's everyone forget about things that aren't really important and focus on what really matters :)
Thats OK I am quite surprised too.

(everyone seems to miss the sentance in my original post saying that I shouldn't joke on something as serious as this)

flyingdistantskies

Post by flyingdistantskies » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

keep the faith man. carry on you'll win the fight we are behind you

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:45 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:(everyone seems to miss the sentance in my original post saying that I shouldn't joke on something as serious as this)
I haven't, that's why how I know this shouldn't been taken so seriously. But thanks you both understood :)
Beast_Pete wrote:I remember when you got it. :) I even tried to get it from you, asking how much money you need etc. :D
That stick is just priceless, and you wanted for how much money :lol:?
|StratoFan Forever|

werena1

Post by werena1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:19 pm

I send to Jörg my whole energy,so he can come back soon...We´re all with you...I hope I´ll see you in January...

gon

Post by gon » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 am

C´mon Jörg... sure I will see you destroying your kit in Madrid. Let´s kick some ass man! You have ALL OF US supporting you. :)
SE EGOISTA Y HAZ FELIZ A LOS TUYOS SIENDO FELIZ TÚ.

kameli

Post by kameli » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 am

Best wishes for Jörg and his family, get well soon!!

nanes17

Post by nanes17 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:17 pm

The Colombia fans are united in the fight of Jörg against the demon called CANCER. We wait a prompt recovery so that it follows us accompanying with their powerful sound

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:33 pm

I just hope that he gets well and is coming back sooner or later. Get well Jörgie. :)

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:31 am

ggonza43 wrote:That stick is just priceless, and you wanted for how much money :lol:?
I didn't say exact prize, I was asking him for it. But he said he'd never sell it (damn it!!).

Edit: here's mine

"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:16 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:That stick is just priceless, and you wanted for how much money :lol:?
I didn't say exact prize, I was asking him for it. But he said he'd never sell it (damn it!!).

Edit: here's mine

WHY WON'T YOUR LINK CLICK!?!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:18 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:Image
Sorry to be this ignorant as I'm not a huge collector, but which CD is at the very bottom right? Oh, and nice stick :)
|StratoFan Forever|

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:20 pm

ggonza43 wrote: Sorry to be this ignorant as I'm not a huge collector, but which CD is at the very bottom right? Oh, and nice stick :)
Timo Tolkki - Hymn to Life

But... Is this suddenly the only place this forum shouldn't go nuts? Because this is serious? Since what did serious mean being grave serious. Stop bemoaning and act normally ffs. :P This is PRECISELY the thread we need some AAAAAAAA shit (or whatever it's called nowadays, shrews might have been a few weeks ago, haven't really been following), to lighten things up a bit. :)

As for Jörg, I actually just heard about the cancer. Be well soon!
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

If you want, I can start then :roll:
|StratoFan Forever|

Equinox

Post by Equinox » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:43 pm

Jorg, I wish you the best. Good thing you discovered it early and docs were able to pull all that badstuff out. Just hold on and keep on fighting!
"Insanity: A Perfect Rational Adjustment To An Insane World"