Some extremely bad news

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Viking Äiti
Stay strong, Jörg!

Post by Viking Äiti » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:31 pm

Jörg, I love you, my friend. Four years ago I was also diagnosed with a malignant thyroid neoplasm. Like you, my thyroid was removed, and then I had radiation therapy. My doctor explained to me that this is one of the more treatable cancers. I am glad to say that I've been cancer free for three years. I take Synthroid every day to replace the function of the thyroid. I also see my oncologist on a regular basis. I know your fears. I know your anger. I know your anxiety. Jörg, please know that it will get better. You will be in my thoughts every day! Stay strong, my friend, and know that so many people love you and are there to help! All the best!

Your friend,

Deb Press
United States

Viking Äiti

Re: Some extremely bad news

Post by Viking Äiti » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:34 pm

Jörg, rakastan sinua, ystäväni. Neljä vuotta sitten olin myös diagnosoitu pahanlaatuinen kilpirauhasen kasvain. Oma kilpirauhasen poistettiin ja sitten tehtiin sädehoitoa. Oma lääkäri selitti minulle, että tämä on yksi enemmän hoidettavissa syöpiä. Olen iloinen voidessani todeta, että olen ollut syöpä ilmaiseksi kolmen vuoden ajan. Otan Synthroid päivittäin korvata kilpirauhasen toimintaa. Näen myös minun onkologi. Tiedän pelkosi. Tiedän vihasi. Tiedän ahdistusta. Jörg, ole hyvä tietää että se saa paremmin. Sinut ajatuksissani joka päivä! Pysy vahvana, ystäväni ja tiedän, että niin monet ihmiset rakastavat sinua ja ovat valmiina auttamaan! Kaikki paras!

Ystäväsi,

Deb Press
United States
Ole kiltti toisilleen!

ClauVille

Post by ClauVille » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Deb,I take Synthroid every day to replace the thyroid and i'm here too!! JÖRG can beat it, i'm sure if this!!

We will rise out of agony
And find a way to victory...
:)

Viking Äiti

Post by Viking Äiti » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:46 pm

ClauVille,

So good to hear!!! :) All of us who have had this type of cancer need to pull together and send Jörg our love!!!

All the best to you too, Clau! <3
Ole kiltti toisilleen!

Elz

Post by Elz » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:48 pm

OMG..very bad news :cry: But of course Jörg will be okay, he is so positive and nice person and the best drummer in the world! We all love you, and we know you are so strong that you will definitely win this ! Don't worry Jörg, you will be fine :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:17 am

...Look how much support from your fans do you have Jorg :D! We are all wisihing for your recovery man :)!
|StratoFan Forever|

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:57 am

What NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
this cant be happening!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x

El Palta!

Post by El Palta! » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 am

really bad :( , hope that he recovers

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:50 am

Jörgi Berra. You can do it!
You're gonna beat cancer so badly, it'll have to file a restraining order against you!

And you'll be "feelin' good, all the time" before you know it. Be positive and stay strong! :twisted:

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:01 am

mmarton88 wrote:
I attend to internation rockkoncerts 4-5-6 times in a month. I've shitload of tickets/photos/guitar picks. But I've only one drumstick, and it is from Jörg. But I wouldn't change it for the all drumsticks of the shows I've ever seen.
After a strato show, Jorg came out with a six pack of beers, gave away the beers and hung out with the fans! What a cool fucking guy and awesome drummer!

Jorg, I was very saddened to read about this last night. I definitely wish you the best and a speedy recovery! You mean a lot to many people, and I hope to see you healthy and on the road with your band mates soon!

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:40 am

Get better, Jörg! We know you will!!

FindYourOwnVoice

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 am

What really made me feel proud about human spirit and better with hope, reading on Jens' terrible message, was the "sisu" (finnish for especially strong will) and attitude of Jörg in such situation!

What an amazing man.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:12 am

Jörg, I don't think you will read this as this is just another post in a long thread, but I'm writing anyways because that's the only thing I can do at the moment.

Stratovarius has such a relevance in my life that I consider all Stratovarius members (and most of the former members too) close friends. As such, I'm deeply moved by this situation and I wish you all the luck in the world.

I'm sure you'll overcome this, you kick ass. And though we might not see you on stage next year, when it's all over we'll all sing together while you'll let the drums do the talking.

I sincerely wish you all the best and a quick recovery!

György Cziffra

Post by György Cziffra » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:28 am

Get well Herr Jörg! You can shed that cancer to peaces. This is another love message from a Hungarian piano guy! I will play some energetic etudes on your behalf :x

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:13 am

Fuck Cancer, man!
I'm just so glad that they found it just in time. All the great hugs and greetings from a guy somewhere in the world. BEAT CANCER LIKE YOU BEAT THE DRUMS, AND ENJOY IT! :)
Always have courage. In fact, here's some:

Just a Vampire

Post by Just a Vampire » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:10 am

Jörg, you're a die-hard metal musician, you can beat cancer and anything else in the world
I was shocked when my sister told me the new, but it is so good that it was detected on time. Now you have only to be careful on what you do and look forward to your full recovering.
I send all my support, as well as the one from the colombian Stratofans. We will be waiting for you in the latin american tour ;)
"now he knows his father betrays
now his wings turns to ashes to ashes his grave"

Iron Maiden: Fligth of Icarus

claudiodxe

Get well soon

Post by claudiodxe » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 am

Hey, we hope you get well soon; we know! you'll get well soon. Keep rocking!, God bless you.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:17 am

Luckily thyroid cancer has a very good prognosis especially when detected early, which seems to be the case here
Yeah. Luckily he didn't get lung cancer (Kills with 99% certainty) But in case Jörg doesn't smoke he will never get that one. On the other hand Matias will get that sooner or later...

AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0

Post by AAAAAAAAAAAA 3.0 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:24 am

On the other hand Matias will get that sooner or later...
And that would REALLY suck

pneumonia

Post by pneumonia » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:51 am

Jorg! I hope that you stay optimistic and get a biiiiiiig support from your friends! Operatable cancers are now very very treatable (thyroid especially).
I'm sure everything will be ok, and you become stronger after this recovery!

See you!

BTW: German doctors (in my opinion) are the most professional doctors in the world, so your in good hands undoubtly.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:20 am

terrible news! :( I am so tired of cancer...

Me myself have beaten terrible disease (at least for now, I hope)

I really hope he keeps the spirit!

Isaz

Post by Isaz » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:10 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:
Luckily thyroid cancer has a very good prognosis especially when detected early, which seems to be the case here
Yeah. Luckily he didn't get lung cancer (Kills with 99% certainty) But in case Jörg doesn't smoke he will never get that one. On the other hand Matias will get that sooner or later...
It is possible to get lung cancer, even if you're not smoking, but it's not very likely. Smoking is on the other hand also related to the development of many other types of cancer, but it's not certain, that you'll get any of those, even if you smoke.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:20 am

Shit, let's concentrate this post just to support Jörg, not to speak about types of cancer, fuck.

There are really good and nice messages around this topic. I hope our dear Jörg will read it all. I'm completely sure he will return soon with more power than ever! and that he'll destroy another drumkit again! :D
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 pm

Viking Äiti wrote:Jörg, rakastan sinua, ystäväni. Neljä vuotta sitten olin myös diagnosoitu pahanlaatuinen kilpirauhasen kasvain. Oma kilpirauhasen poistettiin ja sitten tehtiin sädehoitoa. Oma lääkäri selitti minulle, että tämä on yksi enemmän hoidettavissa syöpiä. Olen iloinen voidessani todeta, että olen ollut syöpä ilmaiseksi kolmen vuoden ajan. Otan Synthroid päivittäin korvata kilpirauhasen toimintaa. Näen myös minun onkologi. Tiedän pelkosi. Tiedän vihasi. Tiedän ahdistusta. Jörg, ole hyvä tietää että se saa paremmin. Sinut ajatuksissani joka päivä! Pysy vahvana, ystäväni ja tiedän, että niin monet ihmiset rakastavat sinua ja ovat valmiina auttamaan! Kaikki paras!

Ystäväsi,

Deb Press
United States
Isn't Jorg the German one? 8)

ScreamAndRoar

Post by ScreamAndRoar » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:39 pm

Best wishes to Jorg who is easily one of the best drummers I've ever heard and who truly understands that drums can add so much more to a song than just being a fancy metronome.

The thing to take away from stories like this is that although it's not nice to think about it, one day something like this or worse will happen to us all and you must make the most of the time you have.

Anyway, I'll end up quoting parts of "Seasons of Change" word for word if I go on too much.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Isaz wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
It is possible to get lung cancer, even if you're not smoking, but it's not very likely. Smoking is on the other hand also related to the development of many other types of cancer, but it's not certain, that you'll get any of those, even if you smoke.
Yes but it on the other hand is usually 99% of times caused by passive smoking.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:46 pm

bockrocker wrote:
Viking Äiti wrote:Jörg, rakastan sinua, ystäväni. Neljä vuotta sitten olin myös diagnosoitu pahanlaatuinen kilpirauhasen kasvain. Oma kilpirauhasen poistettiin ja sitten tehtiin sädehoitoa. Oma lääkäri selitti minulle, että tämä on yksi enemmän hoidettavissa syöpiä. Olen iloinen voidessani todeta, että olen ollut syöpä ilmaiseksi kolmen vuoden ajan. Otan Synthroid päivittäin korvata kilpirauhasen toimintaa. Näen myös minun onkologi. Tiedän pelkosi. Tiedän vihasi. Tiedän ahdistusta. Jörg, ole hyvä tietää että se saa paremmin. Sinut ajatuksissani joka päivä! Pysy vahvana, ystäväni ja tiedän, että niin monet ihmiset rakastavat sinua ja ovat valmiina auttamaan! Kaikki paras!

Ystäväsi,

Deb Press
United States
Isn't Jorg the German one? 8)
Yes and that Google translated message is terrible Finnish :lol: Yeah to keep up the fighting spirit we want to almost check which country you are from.

Ok maybe I shouldn't joke about this kind of serious things. :(

että olen ollut syöpä ilmaiseksi kolmen vuoden ajan
I have been cancer for free for three years :lol:

stratovana

Post by stratovana » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:36 pm

:( :( :(

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:47 pm

This is so terrible but Jorg is a fighter and from personal experience I know that cancer can be beaten. He will have a long hard road so he will need all the support we can give. I am saddened by this because I know the pain his family is going through. It won't be easy, but he will make it to give us many more years of his music!

tzahranul

Post by tzahranul » Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:35 pm

No, this is not happening to one of my favorite bands! This can't happen to him! You guys are to awesome! I wish you the best of luck, and I sure hope to hear you guys rockin' out cos I never heard you guys live!
hunting high and low