Godly Thing (That Deserves Its Own Topic?)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!
Godly Thing (That Deserves Its Own Topic?)

Post by Intiaani » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:14 am

Whoever came up with the idea of ending Destiny with Visions's ending on Polaris tour? I almost choked in the gig, realizing it immediately. It was like playing these two most important, best, majestic, huge, grandiose, all-out greatest pieces of music for me, in a row or something. Reliving the gates of heaven and total awesomeness of it right now with Polaris Live. Thank you so much, band! :bigok:
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

ggonza43

Re: Godly Thing (That Deserves Its Own Topic?)

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:40 am

OK, now I'm afraid I'm gonna need some proves, cause this sounds WAY too much epic :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:17 am

Starting the show with Destiny was amazing generally, really drove the crowd wild. Such an excellent buildup!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:53 pm

The intro makes the expeculation grow so much, that when the main riff is played, people literally explode :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

Intiaani
Location:Buried Alive by Jens The Undertaker at Black... SABBATH!

Post by Intiaani » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:22 pm

Yup. Wish I hadn't spoiled with setlists before that tour - I kinda anticipated Destiny. Anyway, when it hit, I was about to faint like a stereotypical little girl in a front row. :D And the audience's responce to it must have been enormous everywhere. The intro just built up the tension like no other!

Seriously, Destiny is by far the most important song in my life. It brought me to rock and metal music, it was and is a song for me that has hitted my heart harder than any song ever did and it certainly has helped me during some hard times (oh, how cliché...). AND, about the only song that can match it - Visions - ends it live. What a musical enlightenment for me! 8)

Yes it's on Polaris Live, too. Not the speech part, but the three last chords definitely are the ending of Visions. What a move! "Hey guys, now that we're doing Destiny, and it only kinda fades in the end, we need an ending for it, right? Well, how about DANNN DANNNN DUUUUUH from Visions?" :D \,,/
"In Soviet Russia, Stratovarius listens to you!"
- Soviet Russia on Stratovarius

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Intiaani wrote:Seriously, Destiny is by far the most important song in my life. It brought me to rock and metal music, it was and is a song for me that has hitted my heart harder than any song ever did and it certainly has helped me during some hard times (oh, how cliché...). AND, about the only song that can match it - Visions - ends it live. What a musical enlightenment for me! 8)
Would you stop? You are...making...me...cry :cry:. But talking seriously, I think it's one of the best thing they have come up with, definitelly :)
|StratoFan Forever|