"Elysium" samples online!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
ggonza43
Re: "Elysium" samples online!

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:39 am

icecab21 wrote:itunes is evil, won't let me play the samples of the demo's since it's not in the usa store
Change it to the german store, it happened to me and it automatically switched stores :)
hiro23 wrote:ggonza43:I think that you and I are going to go mad waiting for this album :lol:
I'm already walking in the walls :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:29 am

Kecos wrote:Can we pre-order it in the US? I have a feeling I'm not going to get it January 14th :x
Elysium will be released in the US and Canada on January 18, 2011 by Armoury Records / Eagle Rock Entertainment.

Catalogue Number: ARM 25053-2
Bar-Code: 826992505329

:D

Kecos

Post by Kecos » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:37 am

a
Last edited by Kecos on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 am

ggonza43:Cool, you and I can take a trip to the funny farm together :lol:
metal feeds the beast

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:26 pm

I think it's gonna be an amazing album this is how:

Darkest Hours: unvaluable
Under Flaming Skies: it looks like a Cain's Offering song
Infernal Maze: the new "Will The Sun Rise?"
Fairness Justified: Elysium's "Somehow Precious" with a touch of "Emancipation Suite I"
The Game Never Ends: it will be a masterpiece!!!! :shock:
Lifetime In A Moment: just when I read the title i started thinking It will be a bit dark!!
Move The Mountain: wonderful ballad, makes me think a bit about Skid Row
Event Horizon: I think it's like a Vision's song!
Elysium: It will be the best power metal song of all times!!! It fits with the Deluxe Edition's cover and you can hear a small piece of the demo version in Lauri's video "Meanwhile In Finland", at the end.

I only hope all the songs will be performed live! :banana1:
WinterBlack

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:57 pm

Wow, this album will rock. I'm very happy because it seems to be what I was expecting. I don't want no more recyled songs from the past, this is fresh, new and way more technical. Songs that you'll hear over and over again and you'll find always something special. Not the typical speed songs with no changes and variations.

Move the mountain seems a really beautiful song.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:52 pm

A few days ago I was looking at the Elysium and Polaris cover together and I think I noticed a message: The Polaris cover shows a half-destroyed Earth and the star shaped spacecraft is over the planet. The Elysium one shows the star into a huge lagoon and a celestial scenario. It looks like the star's arrive on the Earth brings more hope to save our wonderful planet from pollution. :)
WinterBlack

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:53 pm

Victor there are other samples?

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:21 pm

ggonza43 wrote:"The Game Never Ends", as I said before, is very uplifting, and that guitar riff I'm sure I've heard it before at one of Lauri's video.quote]

What video??????????????????can you post it?
WinterBlack

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:44 pm

WinterBlack wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:"The Game Never Ends", as I said before, is very uplifting, and that guitar riff I'm sure I've heard it before at one of Lauri's video.
What video??????????????????can you post it?
It's on the "Meanwhile in Finland" video Lauri posted some months ago. I think it's the riff Matias is rehearsing inside the cabin with Jens if I'm not wrong :)
hiro23 wrote:ggonza43:Cool, you and I can take a trip to the funny farm together :lol:
If you give me a ride, I sure will :lol:!
|StratoFan Forever|

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:56 pm

So far...

Darkest Hours: THE single
Under Flaming Skies: Reminds me a lot of Kotipelto's Serenity album, except that pretty much improved.
Infernal Maze: Loving it's dark atmosphere and lyrics. Great solos also. I do like Koti's performance in this one a lot.
Fairness Justified: I think that the chorus is enchanting indeed. Matias' big chance to surprise us all with a very emotional solo I presume.
The Game Never Ends: The guitar work sounds just amazing, but right now the chorus is sounding a bit too happy for me :?
Lifetime In A Moment: As it's Lauri's one song from the album, I guess he put a lot of effort on it. We should be gladly surprised with this one. Very little can be listened to so far.
Move The Mountain: Could become one of the band's best ballads. Kotipelto sounds extraordinary here. Let's see.
Event Horizon: Faster than the light. The guitar-bass haromonization at the beginning is mindblowing. Guess we can expect a burning solo section here. Note that Jörg's performance is just fantastic O.O
Elysium: If we keep our mind open, this could come to be one of Strato's top songs of all time, if not the best.

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Febo have you heard Koti'solo albums?
I think that Koti is a great singer and also an excellent composer.
Under Flaming Skies is composed by Kotipleto and has change of tempo in progressive mtal stle.
My favourite album is Waiting for the Dawn and my favourite song is Secret Name

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:Febo have you heard Koti'solo albums?
Under Flaming Skies is composed by Kotipleto and has change of tempo in progressive mtal stle.
I've heard all of his albumbs and pretty much like them. I wouldn't have compared Under Flaming Skies with one if I hadn't. My fav one is Serenity.
Now, we haven't listened to the whole song and I respect your opinion, but to me, it's everything but progressive. A mere change of tempo does not make a song progressive.

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Febo wrote:
I've heard all of his albumbs and pretty much like them. I wouldn't have compared Under Flaming Skies with one if I hadn't. My fav one is Serenity.
Now, we haven't listened to the whole song and I respect your opinion, but to me, it's everything but progressive. A mere change of tempo does not make a song progressive.
Quiet!
Mine was just an example, it is clear that to make a song we must in addition to the progressive power metal tempo changes, dial insistent rhythmic, technical and fast, people love solos and in some cases even cinematographic keyboards.
I've heard all Under Flaming Skies and is on mediafire, the style is a mid of melodic power metal and progressive power metal for my opinion.

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:11 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:
Febo wrote:
Quiet!
Mine was just an example, it is clear that to make a song we must in addition to the progressive power metal tempo changes, dial insistent rhythmic, technical and fast, people love solos and in some cases even cinematographic keyboards.
I've heard all Under Flaming Skies and is on mediafire, the style is a mid of melodic power metal and progressive power metal for my opinion.
I'm going to pretend I didnt read the atrocities you just wrote lol
And well, if Under Flaming Skies in on Mediafire then post it so we all can share opinions about it.
Imo, and judging by what you tried to say, you barely know about what you're talking about :)

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Febo wrote:
KupiainenItaly96 wrote:
Febo wrote:
Quiet!
And well, if Under Flaming Skies in on Mediafire then post it so we all can share opinions about it.
Imo, and judging by what you tried to say, you barely know about what you're talking about :)

Sei proprio un bastardo antipatico VAFFANCULO!

Febo

Post by Febo » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:
Febo wrote:
KupiainenItaly96 wrote:
Febo wrote:
Quiet!

Sei proprio un bastardo antipatico VAFFANCULO!
Gracias, yo también te quiero :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:24 pm

I was just describing the Under Flaming Skies to a friend.

"It's kinda like Koti's solo work, except way better because Matias adds all sort of fuckawesomery on guitar"

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:25 pm

Lo siento, bebía demasiado

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:18 pm

WinterBlack wrote:A few days ago I was looking at the Elysium and Polaris cover together and I think I noticed a message: The Polaris cover shows a half-destroyed Earth and the star shaped spacecraft is over the planet. The Elysium one shows the star into a huge lagoon and a celestial scenario. It looks like the star's arrive on the Earth brings more hope to save our wonderful planet from pollution. :)
Ottima deduzione, io invece ero un pò più drammatico, pensavo infatti che siccome il prossimo disco potrebbe essere per il 2012, la stella fosse un'astronave aliena che in Polaris sta sopra la Terra, poi scende nella natura incontaminata e nel disco del 2012 fa un bordello infernale!

Balu

Post by Balu » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:21 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:
WinterBlack wrote:A few days ago I was looking at the Elysium and Polaris cover together and I think I noticed a message: The Polaris cover shows a half-destroyed Earth and the star shaped spacecraft is over the planet. The Elysium one shows the star into a huge lagoon and a celestial scenario. It looks like the star's arrive on the Earth brings more hope to save our wonderful planet from pollution. :)
Ottima deduzione, io invece ero un pò più drammatico, pensavo infatti che siccome il prossimo disco potrebbe essere per il 2012, la stella fosse un'astronave aliena che in Polaris sta sopra la Terra, poi scende nella natura incontaminata e nel disco del 2012 fa un bordello infernale!
Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
[/quote]

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:27 pm

I haven't spoken any Italian for more than ten years, but I got more out of this one than of any of his Google-Translated-English posts before :lol:

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:32 pm

From all samples I love Move the Mountain!:luv2:

Can't wait to hear the whole album :wink:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:07 am

Have you realised that both "Elysium" cover and "Darkest Hours" cover are like opposite visions? Similar to what it was made with the "Infinite" cover showing 2 worlds :)
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:37 am

ggonza43:my bags are packed and I'm ready to go :lol:

and you are right I did notice a similar theme to that of infinite
metal feeds the beast

claudiodxe

Post by claudiodxe » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:13 pm

Its funny... the sample of Life in a moment has the voice of a patch that comes first when you power up the Roland V Synth (the sort of latin text, or whatever it is)...

I personally dont like the very straight use of that kind of patches...

For anything else i think that the samples sound ok, i hope they still be on the full record...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:21 pm

I finally managed to listen to the samples... and I gotta say, I really love TK's voice in'em! Amazing. Under Flaming Skies has a decent bassline, Event Horizon will be one of those ass-kicking high speed songs like Blind or Forever is Today were, and Elysium is going to be... a masterpiece :D Let's see what Lifetime will offer, I'm expecting a lot since we heard... pretty much nothing :lol:
I wonder if the itunes-pieces are the same? I didn't download that stuff yet.

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:09 am

mocobhc wrote:I wonder if the itunes-pieces are the same?
Of course not. :lol:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:53 pm

I assumed that - still I don't want to download that itunes-shit. Yet :lol: Let's see how long I can keep on holding myself back till the urge to hear more gets too strong for my weak will. I'd probably give myself four more days :lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:22 pm

I'll just keep listening to the samples on youtube till the album comes out next month
metal feeds the beast