Jens` “new” stompbox or setup?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
dalpozlead
Jens` “new” stompbox or setup?

Post by dalpozlead » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Listening to the latest Jens lead sections I`ve noticed that his lead patch sounds much brighter (he is also definitely using the “octavated” sound triggered by modulation wheel more and more, which I find amazing).

Dear Viking, I wonder if you`ve made changes in your lead setup (from the original JV + Morley + TSR24). Any updates you could tell us?

Another question regarding the Morley…: Why my JD-10 sounds like a radio receptor so much? Do you face the same problems with your JDs?

Many many thnxs for you music!

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Jens` “new” stompbox or setup?

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:23 pm

What in carnation are you babbling about!!
By George!!

...Sorry for my English of shit. :jump2: :pissed5: :viking: :spin1: :jump: :spin2: :winknudge:

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:29 pm

Ah, keyboardist discussion. Guess I'm excluded of this :?
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

What good radio stations do you pick up with your distortion pedal?
Can you pick up SIRIUS Satellite Radio with that thingamajig?

claudiodxe

Post by claudiodxe » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 pm

He is making more use of the vsynth probably???...

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 pm

dalpozlead wrote:Listening to the latest Jens lead sections I`ve noticed that his lead patch sounds much brighter (he is also definitely using the “octavated” sound triggered by modulation wheel more and more, which I find amazing).

Dear Viking, I wonder if you`ve made changes in your lead setup (from the original JV + Morley + TSR24). Any updates you could tell us?

Another question regarding the Morley…: Why my JD-10 sounds like a radio receptor so much? Do you face the same problems with your JDs?

fuck man I didnt know jens used so much gear, no wonder his sound is so cool.
A9

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:09 pm

dalpozlead wrote:Listening to the latest Jens lead sections I`ve noticed that his lead patch sounds much brighter (he is also definitely using the “octavated” sound triggered by modulation wheel more and more, which I find amazing).

Im pretty sure Jens has never used a TRS24...? Did he tell you that he uses one?

Other then that his setup is exactly the same. Morley JD10, JV-1080 and a DBX compressor.

The reason why his lead sounds little different is probably because of post-production on the songs. It probably sounds brighter from the mixing/mastering process they went through this time.

Your JD-10 sounds like a radio receptor? do you mean there is a lot of white noise in the background? You need a noise suppressor for that. I recommend the Boss NS-2. I use it for my JD-10 and it takes away the white noise completely.

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:10 pm

claudiodxe wrote:He is making more use of the vsynth probably???...
I havent seen or heard him use the V-Synth on anything other then side projects.

dalpozlead

Post by dalpozlead » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm

Tnx for the info Plisken.
Can you detail the use of the DBX in the chain?
Also, can you recommend the settings for the morley?
I mean… Rock Classic and Spkr Simulator buttons must be pressed? Drive depth… etc...?

Many many thanks.
:!:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:43 am

Its a compressor, I dont know where in the chain jens puts it but generally its before the distortion.

As for the morley you want rock and the speaker simulator on. Drive in the middle. volume in the middle. High and Mid at like 2 o clock and Low at 1 o clock.

Iv worked on making his lead a little bit. Here is a sample of it.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzgehdbf5 ... 20lead.wav

excuse the shitty improvisation :roll: lol. I just did it real quick for a listen of the sound.

dalpozlead

Post by dalpozlead » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:14 pm

Very nice,

Currently I`m using a BigMuff until I don`t buy the noise suppressor to use with the Morley.

tks