About Elysium

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rage1979
Re: About Elysium

Post by Rage1979 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:04 pm

It is without any doubt much much better than Polaris. It's hard to give a fair score so early.

Favourite songs:
Darkest hours
Move a mountain (The best ballad since Forever???)
The game never ends

The big suprise for me is "Under flaming skies"! Kotipelto delivers a much better song this time and his voice sound also a lot better than on Polaris.

A mastondon song like Elysium takes a little more time to judge, but it sounds very good after one listening only. But maybe too long for a Stratovarius-song.

No filler this time!

It makes me happy that Stratovarius can produce a strong album like this after so many years!

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:39 pm

A mastondon song like Elysium takes a little more time to judge, but it sounds very good after one listening only. But maybe too long for a Stratovarius-song.
I've listened to it more than 10 times now, and for me it holds all of the past, present and future of Stratovarius just in one song. In the kind of proggy direction they followed since Polaris :) it's one hell of a masterpeice.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:26 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:
I've listened to it more than 10 times now, and for me it holds all of the past, present and future of Stratovarius just in one song. In the kind of proggy direction they followed since Polaris :) it's one hell of a masterpeice.
:x :x :x and this waiting is one hell of a shit!! I read everywhere, not just here, in youtube too, on other music bands forums too, that the album is a jewel, fantastic and the best from Stratovarius in years (some people says that listening to this album you can feel that Stratovarius is having another golden era like in Episode-Visions days) and that completely erase Polaris (which was a fantastic album). Damn, Every time I log here and read the excelences of this album :x :x :x :x

And one more thing, everybody is amazed with Matias, this album has been his confirmation. Amazing.

I heard 1,30 minutes of Elysium and Move the mountain and it was unforgettable. What a fucking masterpiece Elysium album seems. And it's clear the subtle proggy style in the songs. A mix with the past and with the new vision, more technical and plenty of new elements.

But it's better to wait and have the cd in my hands to listen completely :)

:x :x
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:30 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:I think just the song Elysium alone puts Stratovarius into something MUCH bigger than it's been for years.
Indeed. I was worried that with a song longer than "Elements" (Until Elysium, it was the longest track ever made by Strato), "Elysium" would sound the same...After massive sucesive plays, Elysium >>>> Elements :bounce2:!
|StratoFan Forever|

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:24 am

Why are you talking about something that hasn't been released yet? :cry:
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:25 am

AGAG wrote:Why are you talking about something that hasn't been released yet? :cry:
I guess I can't talk about my shit either. :roll:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:57 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
AGAG wrote:Why are you talking about something that hasn't been released yet? :cry:
I guess I can't talk about my shit either. :roll:
Think of strawberries made out of glass :)
---...---

Stratowarius

Post by Stratowarius » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
I guess I can't talk about my shit either. : :roll:

[/quote

No it is psysically impossible and it would be easy and satisfying to dismiss it like waste. So you must continue your practise with greater fervor and evaluate the shit independently of your feelings. Either way. Good luck!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 am

Because I've heard it
|StratoFan Forever|

Bathory Killcraft

Post by Bathory Killcraft » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 am

Wow, the album is incredible! Seriously, best thing they've done since Visions imo. You need to give it time though, it is quite a complex album even though the trademark melodies, soaring choruses and neoclassical elements are still there, there is a rich prog/Dream Theater-esque underlay. Also the lyrics are really good and there's actually LOTS of them :-) It's not just music but lots of words to think to also.

Really, you need to give it 5 to 10 listens to start appreciating how complex and layered the sound is. Also props to Matias for his playing and composing and to Jorg Michael for what imo is his best performance on a Stratovarius album.

Favourite songs so far: the 3 first songs, Lifetime in a Moment, Move the Mountain and Elysium - I wonder if they will be able to remember the whole song if they are to play it live! I can't quite remember it even after all these listenings!

Really, a high quality album - can't wait to see this stuff live!

Elysium FTW!
Black Metal is the game I play cos' no one shows me the right way...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:36 am

Bathory Killcraft wrote:Favourite songs so far: the 3 first songs, Lifetime in a Moment, Move the Mountain and Elysium - I wonder if they will be able to remember the whole song if they are to play it live! I can't quite remember it even after all these listenings!
They said they don't intend to play the whole Elysium song as it's way too long for a concert (I don't think so, but it's their choice :)), but they are gonna play parts of it: I'm willing to listen part 2 someday live :D!
|StratoFan Forever|

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 am

ggonza43 wrote:
Bathory Killcraft wrote:Favourite songs so far: the 3 first songs, Lifetime in a Moment, Move the Mountain and Elysium - I wonder if they will be able to remember the whole song if they are to play it live! I can't quite remember it even after all these listenings!
They said they don't intend to play the whole Elysium song as it's way too long for a concert (I don't think so, but it's their choice :)), but they are gonna play parts of it: I'm willing to listen part 2 someday live :D!
agreed!

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:32 pm

Rage1979 wrote:Favourite songs:
Darkest hours
Move a mountain (The best ballad since Forever???)
The game never ends
+1!
|StratoFan Forever|

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Jorg Michael for what imo is his best performance on a Stratovarius album.
I agree with this, I can't recall a time when Jorg sounded this good. Not since Visions album :D