Reviews of Elysium

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
AGAG
Re: Reviews of Elysium

Post by AGAG » Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:06 am

robocop656 wrote:No way!! NOT THAT GUY!!! NO!! NO!!!

ImageImage
That thing is beautiful :)
---...---

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:19 am

Mystical wrote:After listening to the whole album today, no song or melody has remained in my memory. Not a problem I would experience with older songs. Still, I am impressed by the greatest sound of a record I have ever heard (together with Polaris). And also, there was some great guitar work - however, nothing that other regular metal bands would not have.
No need to argue, I just wanted to share a different opinion. Good luck, Stratovarius.
No, good luck to you, cause you have bought an album you don't like. Isn't it? :roll:

Of course I'm not going to argue cause you know, this is all about taste and opinion. But let me tell you that it's clear that you are part of the TT fanboybaseclub. If songs like the ones in this album are like that for you, then I don't know what you need to be happy, well I know what you need: TT in the credits.

I'm reading a lot of places and youtube comments and when I see one person saying that the album is just ok, there are 100 saying the album is really good. In Polaris it was not the same. Then, in another bands forums, people likes a lot the album. Everybody says that Matias has been a perfect replacement and improvement. I'm really interested in the opinion of people that knows Stratovarius since Polaris (that's a lot of people, believe me).

Of course there is people that doesn't like the album cause that is normal and we can't have all the same taste about music.
But the explanation you say makes me thing you are a Tolkki fanatic or that you have lost your ears moments before you listened to the album.

Good luck by returning the album to the store, Mystical. I don't think Stratovarius needs it.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Mystical

Post by Mystical » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:03 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Mystical wrote:After listening to the whole album today, no song or melody has remained in my memory. Not a problem I would experience with older songs. Still, I am impressed by the greatest sound of a record I have ever heard (together with Polaris). And also, there was some great guitar work - however, nothing that other regular metal bands would not have.
No need to argue, I just wanted to share a different opinion. Good luck, Stratovarius.
No, good luck to you, cause you have bought an album you don't like. Isn't it? :roll:

Of course I'm not going to argue cause you know, this is all about taste and opinion. But let me tell you that it's clear that you are part of the TT fanboybaseclub. If songs like the ones in this album are like that for you, then I don't know what you need to be happy, well I know what you need: TT in the credits.

I'm reading a lot of places and youtube comments and when I see one person saying that the album is just ok, there are 100 saying the album is really good. In Polaris it was not the same. Then, in another bands forums, people likes a lot the album. Everybody says that Matias has been a perfect replacement and improvement. I'm really interested in the opinion of people that knows Stratovarius since Polaris (that's a lot of people, believe me).

Of course there is people that doesn't like the album cause that is normal and we can't have all the same taste about music.
But the explanation you say makes me thing you are a Tolkki fanatic or that you have lost your ears moments before you listened to the album.

Good luck by returning the album to the store, Mystical. I don't think Stratovarius needs it.
Considering your previous posts, your avatar and the way you accuse others of your own deeds, I would be careful about stamping the mark of fanaticism on others.

I am not going to return the album, because it is not bad. Actually you won't find the word "bad" in my short humble post. However, I cannot say, that it would be a record of my favourite band. For me, the status of Stratovarius has changed into "a group of excellent musicians". But if I want to listen to great music, there are lots of other bands that will do. On the other hand, there is no chance of replacing your favourite band. And personally, my feelings while listening to the new albums were like: "Hey, isn't it the Stratovarius vocalist?"

If you ever have to call me a fanatic, use the words Strato fanatic. But even better than that, keep your opinions for yourself.

I have already bought a ticket for the Stratovarius show here and I am going to enjoy it really much. Still I feel a lot of respect for the guys and I would love to support them with my energy. Especially Jörg. So, as you can see, there is nothing negative towards TK, JJ, JM, LP and MK in my posts. It is all about taste and opinion. And for you, it is good to have someone with different opinion and at the same time a lot of respect for the band. No need to thank for it now, just keep yourself off telling me what to do next time.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:12 pm

RazielSR wrote:Of course I'm not going to argue cause you know, this is all about taste and opinion. But let me tell you that it's clear that you are part of the TT fanboybaseclub.
Just a contradictory comment within two sentences :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Mystical wrote: Considering your previous posts, your avatar and the way you accuse others of your own deeds, I would be careful about stamping the mark of fanaticism on others.

But even better than that, keep your opinions for yourself.

just keep yourself off telling me what to do next time.
Mystical wrote: No need to argue
Returning to the topic, I'm waiting for a review from Metal from Finland. I have a morbid curiosity :lol:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:21 pm

RazielSR wrote:Returning to the topic, I'm waiting for a review from Metal from Finland. I have a morbid curiosity :lol:
Because of the good or bad review they could write?
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:28 pm

ggonza43 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Returning to the topic, I'm waiting for a review from Metal from Finland. I have a morbid curiosity :lol:
Because of the good or bad review they could write?
Because of the review they could write.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Neutral you say? I thought you didn't like reviews
|StratoFan Forever|

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 pm

ggonza43 wrote:Neutral you say? I thought you didn't like reviews
I don't like reviews. But I want to know what they say.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 pm

Well if it's a serious page, then I think the review would be satisfing. At least the one from "Polaris" was good if I recall correctly
|StratoFan Forever|

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 am

Fedex just dropped off a package. It came from GERMANY. ANYWHO, Jorgs kicks overpower my balls on this CD. And Lauri's bass. Just my 2 cents. I miss the old gated reverb on the snare and kicks and Mika Jussila(is that guy who mastered the older stuff?)mastering. I also laughed out loud at my new Jens trading card. Anybody wanna swap for a babe ruth card? =P The artwork is stretched on the inside of the booklet for me. You would think they had a higher resolution picture of the sea. Maybe it's just my version :lol: Also, The hologram over the whole thing kinda makes me go blind. :banana2: Complain complain. Arnold Layne.

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 am

I want to give Jens a great thank you because of Move The Mountain. Such a beautiful song.. :) It reminds me about my past and stuff.. Thank you Jens! It makes old man cry... :? I love this. Amazing song and amazing album. :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 pm

It reminds me of pasta and stuff too. Wut a coinkidink. I'm selling mine on ebay because I can't control my laughter everytime I look at the trading cards.

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:41 pm

RazielSR wrote:

I don't want to argue, but after your comment I had to say something.

It's strange, that when someone says something negative about the current lineup of Stratovarius or about "Polaris" or "Elysium" some persons like you become angry. Why you just can't accept, that there are also different opinions, than yours? You don't need to be a "Tolkki fanatic" or be a part of "TT fanboybaseclub", if you don't like "Polaris" or "Elysium". It's funny, but sometimes I think, that you lived some time ago in Soviet Union or North Korea, because you don't respect other's freedom of speech. There's a freedom of speech exist - also for those, who don't like "Polaris" or "Elysium".

Otherwise I don't even want to give any kind of review about "Elysium" at the moment, but I think, that Stratovarius has done a great job. I'm not any kind of "metal police", at least I don't know it. :)

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:07 pm

I think, that you lived some time ago in Soviet Union
For your information 1936 the constitution of the Soviet Union grants the right to freedom of speech to everyone just as well as the right to gather and protest.
This is true but for some reason Stalin never really felt no need to live by the rules :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:23 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:Vof! Vof!
.........:) .....................

Yes, RR forum was plenty of TwilightEagles.

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:10 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
I think, that you lived some time ago in Soviet Union
For your information 1936 the constitution of the Soviet Union grants the right to freedom of speech to everyone just as well as the right to gather and protest.
This is true but for some reason Stalin never really felt no need to live by the rules :lol:
The Soviet Union is only an example in my post. I just meant, that RazielSR doesn't accept different opinions, than his own, which sounds like Soviet Union, Nazi Germany or North Korea or any other dictatorship.
And bots. :) Seriously, I'm not a person, who dislike the current Stratovarius lineup. I said in my earlier post, that I don't want to give any kind of review about "Elysium", but now I have to say, that it's a wonderful album and it's much much better, than "Polaris".

But tell me why it's so hard to you to accept different opinions, than yours? Why do you always lose your temper, when someone says something negative about the current lineup of Stratovarius? And it's not "barking" if you have a different opinion.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:31 pm

Let's see TwilightEagle...let's see...

The only one who is losing the temper is you by saying a person you don't know and you just read in a forum: Nazi, ok? compare that with saying somebody TTfanboy and it was not for you.

You say that I don't accept other opinions and you are not accepting mine when you read my answer to Mystical, so explain to me what do you mean, Mr. Freedom.

I invite you to absolutely forget my presence in the world and ignore me in this forum (you have a button right there). Of course, with total freedom and if you feel like. :shock:

And let's talk about reviews, you are trolling and you'll be banned with total freedom! :lol:

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:23 pm

You say that I don't accept other opinions and you are not accepting mine when you read my answer to Mystical, so explain to me what do you mean, Mr. Freedom.
I accept your opinion, when you say, that you like "Elysium", but when you call Mystical "TT fanboy", when he says, that he don't like "Elysium" I can't accept it.
I invite you to absolutely forget my presence in the world and ignore me in this forum (you have a button right there). Of course, with total freedom and if you feel like. Shocked
I don't want to ignore anybody, even Arnold Layne and other trolls. :)
And let's talk about reviews, you are trolling and you'll be banned with total freedom! Laughing
No, I'm not trolling. I really like "Elysium" and I can say, that it's a lot better, than "Polaris".

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:45 pm

For me this is the ultimate Strato album,i got the ltd edition today and i just can't stop listen to it.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:30 am

RazielSR wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:Vof! Vof!
.........:) .....................

I smell a troll
|StratoFan Forever|

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:54 am

or any other dictatorship
Oh so most countries around the world 80 years back? :wink:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 am

Even Fairness Justified that was the only "weak" song for me, now I like it a lot.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am

There is a problem when getting new music for me. Usually I'll listen to it way too much the first bunch of times. After that I won't even want to listen to it anymore.
:drop: :drop: :drop: :drop:

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:55 am

Are you sure this is only about music? Are you not impatient even with other things?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:57 am

It's more about hearing it way too much. Need a break. :P

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Aber doch! Congratulations to Stratovarius on which forum I am allowed to express myself over this Shall-platte.
The teoretical underpinnings in Elysium, with it's simple clarity, which belies it's complexity, makes it some sort of wonderment. A wonderment at the infinite potentials of a universe they never seem to tire of. Or to analyzing down to it's smallest units and reshaping in forms from a shifting perspective. They are always experimenting and for some it can be offputting. Butt if you enter into their world with a truly open receptive or submissive attitude you will never be disappointed.
By the anathema of predictability those who "know" what to expect from the Stratoguys, they are inevitably destined to be surprised.
Listening to any of this pieces you do best not to talk or chew gum while the music is playing...

Karlheinz Stockhausen German composer..

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:38 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:
North Korea, China, Russia and Belarus are still more or less dictatorships.

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:02 pm

What are you talking about !!!! North Korea is the country of freedom, human rights and a great living standard !!!!! Stfu !!!! :x :x :x

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, I get out!!! :D
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 am

TwilightEagle wrote:
mayhem-for-all wrote:
And those are just the ones in the northern half of earth. south in africa for example....