Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
TwilightEagle
Sr. Member
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:07 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by TwilightEagle » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:26 pm

AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:It's great to see, that Jörg will be back. :) I also hope, that TK will get well soon. I think, that he should rest to recover fully.
Have you ever climbed a tree near your house just to see a bird's nest?
What do you mean?
Of course not but have you ever made cardboard wings and tried to fly from your house's rooftop? that sort of things speaks a lot about your personal view points on life :)
Oh... nevermind.

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by AGAG » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:
AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:It's great to see, that Jörg will be back. :) I also hope, that TK will get well soon. I think, that he should rest to recover fully.
Have you ever climbed a tree near your house just to see a bird's nest?
What do you mean?
Of course not but have you ever made cardboard wings and tried to fly from your house's rooftop? that sort of things speaks a lot about your personal view points on life :)
Oh... nevermind.
You don't like birds! :x I knew it! :cry:
---...---

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:48 pm

rikkertje wrote:I know he does it for the fans. And it shows a lot of dedication.

But fans have to understand that he is ruining his voice like this. And I think real fans wouldn't want that.
I know that and you know that, unfortunately there are many others who don't and they can be unrelenting when it comes to a band not showing up.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:27 am

rikkertje wrote:Oh my. Why doesn't he just wait until he's fully recovered. This sounds like it's really painful for him. And it sounds bad. :s
OK, now it has officially turned into something annoying man :?!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Polaris
Sr. Member
Posts: 1573
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:02 pm
Location: In the Door of your Heart

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Polaris » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:46 am

rikkertje wrote:
Oh my. Why doesn't he just wait until he's fully recovered. This sounds like it's really painful for him. And it sounds bad. :s
I also think he should rest until fully recovered, but this shows how much he struggled, which makes me admire him even more! :luv2:

(BTW: TK needs to drink lots of water)

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:57 am

With everything he is just going to need time, let's hope his body kicks the shit out of that germ and that he emerges "Super Timo of the Planet Awesome" and flies around the world bringing the power of rock to the masses.

Now that would be epic.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:12 am

AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
AGAG wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:It's great to see, that Jörg will be back. :) I also hope, that TK will get well soon. I think, that he should rest to recover fully.
Have you ever climbed a tree near your house just to see a bird's nest?
What do you mean?
Of course not but have you ever made cardboard wings and tried to fly from your house's rooftop? that sort of things speaks a lot about your personal view points on life :)
Oh... nevermind.
You don't like birds! :x I knew it! :cry:
Come now, Agag. Take it gracefully. :buh:

Besides, there are plenty of wonderful animals living in burrows under the ground that our new friend can entertain himself with.

And they speak just delightfully about his character. :x

Capiche?? :pissed3:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:08 pm

hiro23 wrote:With everything he is just going to need time, let's hope his body kicks the shit out of that germ and that he emerges "Super Timo of the Planet Awesome" and flies around the world bringing the power of rock to the masses.

Now that would be epic.
Doctor, we have to take out those new medications you gave to hiro 8) :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

Yosida
Jr. Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:53 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Yosida » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 pm

I' m a big fan of Stratovarius and i joined yesterday's concert here in Greece. Stratovarius were f@cking awesome for one more time, even the problems Timo had with his voice. I hope he will be ok soon and arrange one more concert here in Greece as he promised (not after 5 years again). Stratovarius is big band with many fans here, so next time i hope they will give a concert alone and play more songs such as eagleheart (my favourite), S.O.S., against the wind etc.

STRATOVARIUS 4EVA!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:08 pm

Can you give us an estimated setlist?
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
Kmasters
Member
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Kmasters » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 pm

ggonza43 wrote:Can you give us an estimated setlist?
This is what i found idk if is right

Hunting High and Low
Speed of Light
Stratosphere
Paradise
Phoenix
Bass Solo
Guitar Solo
The Kiss of Judas
Forever
Twilight Symphony
Black Diamond

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stratovar ... 2da47.html

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Stratosphere again?! Shit, I so want that to be played here too :bounce2:!
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:35 am

ggonza43 wrote:
hiro23 wrote:With everything he is just going to need time, let's hope his body kicks the shit out of that germ and that he emerges "Super Timo of the Planet Awesome" and flies around the world bringing the power of rock to the masses.

Now that would be epic.
Doctor, we have to take out those new medications you gave to hiro 8) :lol:
C'mon man, you know that would be freaking cool if that was to really happen :D
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
Arkash
Sr. Member
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am
Location: France.

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Arkash » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:47 am

Kmasters wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:Can you give us an estimated setlist?
This is what i found idk if is right

Hunting High and Low
Forever
Twilight Symphony

Beginning par HHAL is great!!! But I think Strato's best intro will remain "Destiny", perfect for an intro!!!

And I'm happy they keep playing those two songs... just sad they took off Distant skies!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by ggonza43 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:02 am

hiro23 wrote:C'mon man, you know that would be freaking cool if that was to really happen :D
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that the way you expressed yourself was...funny :lol:
|StratoFan Forever|

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:43 am

Yeah, I have my moments like that, plus a friend of mine has been getting me into green lantern lately :D
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:40 pm

No songs off Elysium or Polaris :shock:

User avatar
Arkash
Sr. Member
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am
Location: France.

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Arkash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:56 am

I think it's too early to play Elysium songs.... let's wait people get the album well in mind.

And they're supporting Helloween, they shall play their well known classics for this audience, even, if, at least in Paris, there were a lot of Strato die hard fans.
Anyway, they'll play Elysium on their future headlining tour!
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:25 am

Also remember, they had to shorten the set due to the fact that Timo K is sick.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 pm

hiro23 wrote:a friend of mine has been getting me into green lantern lately :D
Must be a big lantern :roll:

Maybe you'll finally become a bright guy! :)

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4829
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:46 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
hiro23 wrote:a friend of mine has been getting me into green lantern lately :D
Must be a big lantern :roll:

Maybe you'll finally become a bright guy! :)
Ohm my! Is this a pun thread I'm reading?

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:52 pm

Arkash wrote:I think it's too early to play Elysium songs.... let's wait people get the album well in mind.

And they're supporting Helloween, they shall play their well known classics for this audience, even, if, at least in Paris, there were a lot of Strato die hard fans.
Anyway, they'll play Elysium on their future headlining tour!
You're probably right, but I still hope they surprise me... I'm going to their last show before they head off to Japan, and it would be simply amazing if they'd play a hell of a lot off Elysium just to do something unexpected :P

Won't happen I know, but one may still have a dream :)

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
hiro23 wrote:a friend of mine has been getting me into green lantern lately :D
Must be a big lantern :roll:

Maybe you'll finally become a bright guy! :)
Ohm my! Is this a pun thread I'm reading?
Ohm yes!
Image

Its all pun and games here! :)

User avatar
Derrick Rose
Sr. Member
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Derrick Rose » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:03 am

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:42 am

A10:ouch, my friend ouch, good joke though
metal feeds the beast

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Seeing the videos of the latest shows, seems that Timo is a bit better, but still having a lot of problems to sing. Let's hope he is doing well and going to doctors, etc, etc. He needs a good recovery.

EDIT: This has been said by TK in his facebook:
New medications from a special doctor in Rome. I hope they would work on me in the next few days...My right vocal chord is still infIammated after the bacteria..I need my vocals back asap!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by robocop656 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:12 am

I was recently reading some old old posts from 2005 (for SCIENCE!) And I came upon a funny topic that goes well with what happened with Raziel.
Some guy went up to Jens while he was eating pizza and wanted an autograph and Jens said "not now" or something and the guy got offended and had to come on here and explain how his panties were all in a bunch about it! Who the hell disturbs someone who is eating pizza?:lol: :lol: :lol:

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:40 am

Some people just don't understand about privacy and that there is a time and a place for these things, I mean these are the people that follow musicians into bathroom stalls and wonder why they get angry at them.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by robocop656 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:47 am

I've done that before. Not on purpose :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Luna
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 7:35 am
Location: P.R.C

Re: Some good news and some bad news at the same time

Post by Luna » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:21 pm

Poor guys, hope everything is better now
It's a far,far better thing that I do than I have ever done;It's a far,far better rest that I go than I have ever known.

Post Reply