Elysium Digipak problem - Demo versions on both CDs

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Karhis
Elysium Digipak problem - Demo versions on both CDs

Post by Karhis » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi,

I bought the Digipak edition of Elysium today. It has 2 CDs: the first one should contain the actual album, and second CD the demo versions. The labels on the CDs are different as well, however the content seems to be same. For example, in both CDs the opening song "Darkest Hours" is the demo version with lyrics vastly different than the ones described in the booklet.

Is this common? Anyone else with similiar problem? Or just bad luck in my case?

*UPDATE* It turns out that the first CD of the Digipak-edition also contains the demos in mp3-format, which caused the aforementioned confusion.
"Ain't it funny how it is - You never miss it til it's gone away"
-Adrian Smith

icecab21

Re: Elysium Digipak problem - Demo versions on both CDs

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:45 pm

if it's just your case, that's good luck i would think. collectors would pay for that.

Elz

Post by Elz » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:33 pm

Mine elysium digipack has 2 cd, first cd has normal elysium + demos as mp3 and the second cd the demos..

Karhis

Post by Karhis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Elz wrote:Mine elysium digipack has 2 cd, first cd has normal elysium + demos as mp3 and the second cd the demos..
Ah, that seems indeed to be the case here. I didn't notice it, because as I inserted the CD in the computer and clicked "Play", on the first CD it would play those MP3 demos and on the second CD the "audio CD" demos. Thanks Elz, maybe I should have investigated the matter more carefully.

Would have made more sense though if the MP3-versions of the demos would also have been located on the demos CD :) (Unless the mp3-versions of the demos are also provided with the "regular" edition of Elysium, then it makes sense)
"Ain't it funny how it is - You never miss it til it's gone away"
-Adrian Smith