Voice update from Timo

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Derrick Rose
Re: Voice update from Timo

Post by Derrick Rose » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:48 pm

If Sonata Arctica tunes low so Kakko can sing, then I would hate to hear him if they played normal :(

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:44 am

Derrick Rose wrote:If Sonata Arctica tunes low so Kakko can sing, then I would hate to hear him if they played normal :(
Kakko can't sing high anymore. Over the past 5 years he lost that in such a fast way. I think Kotipelto is a far better singer in general, but I don't know what's so "tabu" about tuning low just some song so Koti can sing more comfortable and he could even sound better and more natural.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:28 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:If Sonata Arctica tunes low so Kakko can sing, then I would hate to hear him if they played normal :(
Kakko can't sing high anymore. Over the past 5 years he lost that in such a fast way. I think Kotipelto is a far better singer in general, but I don't know what's so "tabu" about tuning low just some song so Koti can sing more comfortable and he could even sound better and more natural.
Actually I know exactly what you are talking about, my vocal teacher actually suggests this kind of thing when you are having a hard time hitting high notes, instead of forcing it and ruining your voice you should take it an octave lower and sing it that way until your voice comes back.
metal feeds the beast

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:34 am

Kakko could also drink a lot of lemon mixed with african bee's honey.
---...---

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:49 am

AGAG wrote:Kakko could also drink a lot of lemon mixed with african bee's honey.
I like to put a Ladyfinger up my butt. :)

And not always the biscuit. :eyes

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:16 am

LOL. Maan...you are so hardcore with your ladyfinger in your bum bum.

Is this you as a child? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

moonstone

Post by moonstone » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:21 pm

mocobhc wrote: God, what a fucked up tour till now. They all deserve more than this :x

Any news Mocobhc ??

Keep up posted please ... waiting for the dawn once more , then ! :cry:
Still , it WILL come eventually ...
" After the storm there's a calm
Through the clouds shines a ray of the sun "

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:50 pm

moonstone wrote:
mocobhc wrote: God, what a fucked up tour till now. They all deserve more than this :x

Any news Mocobhc ??

Ahh, a lady!!!! :shock: :shock:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:53 pm

moonstone wrote:

Any news Mocobhc ??

No real news. Helloween announced three compensation dates,
Fr 08. Apr. Oberhausen / Turbinenhalle
Mo 11. Apr. Hannover / Capitol
Di 12. Apr. Saarbrücken / Garage
no compensation dates will be held for Bonn and Osnabrück though, due to scheduling issues. No news about Andi's health, nor about Timo's.

Guess that's what I'd call an act of providence, it's kind of a good coincidence that TK got compelled to rest a few days and take care of his voice. But that's easy to say for me since I don't miss one of the shows, Balingen will take place as it seems. For the fans who wanted to go to one of the cancelled shows it sucks of course.

Btw:

GUYS!!! IF YOU'RE STILL IN GERMANY AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO: HEIDELBERG IS A BEAUTIFUL CITY

and has a decent Thai restaurant you'd like to check.
And uhhh coincidence I work there :P

Derrick Rose

Post by Derrick Rose » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Shame, he's not very old? I saw "Dont Say a Word" lately and it is painful :(

Polaris

Post by Polaris » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:24 am

Hope you recover soon Timo, I'm sending all my love & support!
Take care
God bless you :wink:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:03 am

Derrick Rose wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
In deed. I'm hoping he's like a bit.. "out of shape" but I think Tony's voice was never as enduring as Koti's. He already couldn't hit the same notes in Silence than those he did in Ecliptica.

He was ok on the metal cruise performances (70000 Tons of Metal). They actually played Blank File, altough I don't know how many tones down.

About Koti, it seemed to me that some fans just don't want to listen to some songs in a lower key, but I think it would really help Koti to take care of his voice in later years and to sound beter sometimes.

Of course, in the end is really his call to do :lol:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:46 am

HinatAArcticA wrote: In deed.
:spin3:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

JoannaTempest_1990

Post by JoannaTempest_1990 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Sorry for beeing little late, but my internet was dead and happily I survived those days without beeing online.
Get well Timo,remember that your health is the most important.

Derrick Rose

Post by Derrick Rose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:45 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
In deed. I'm hoping he's like a bit.. "out of shape" but I think Tony's voice was never as enduring as Koti's. He already couldn't hit the same notes in Silence than those he did in Ecliptica.

He was ok on the metal cruise performances (70000 Tons of Metal). They actually played Blank File, altough I don't know how many tones down.

About Koti, it seemed to me that some fans just don't want to listen to some songs in a lower key, but I think it would really help Koti to take care of his voice in later years and to sound beter sometimes.

Blank File is one of my favorite Sonata tunes. But singing it must be hell for Kakko nowadays!! At least he tries. :)

Derrick Rose

Post by Derrick Rose » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:46 am

robocop656 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

:buh:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:32 am

I wonder if Tony has actually seen a vocal coach? maybe what he needs is someone to help him work out his vocal problems, I've seen many musicians do this
metal feeds the beast

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 am

Derrick Rose wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:

Blank File is one of my favorite Sonata tunes. But singing it must be hell for Kakko nowadays!! At least he tries. :)
The guy should stop smoking those finnish cigars

---...---

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:42 am

hiro23 wrote:I wonder if Tony has actually seen a vocal coach? maybe what he needs is someone to help him work out his vocal problems, I've seen many musicians do this
He did, arround 2004. See 8th Commandment in Hiroshima in 2003... he can't sing some parts, but then in For the Sake of Revenge he sings great. But maybe his voice was never that strong or to sing some very high notes.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am

I do see what you mean but one thing my teacher taught me was that the fact that he even sang them before shows that he can, the problem may be his technique, I mean you can be using the wrong technique and sound great for awhile but ultimately it starts to do some damage to your voice.

I wonder if he's pulling chest too much and not mixing head and chest voice. (for those not familiar with this these are techniques for proper singing)

If he gets some help in this way he may be able to get himself sounding somewhat better again.
metal feeds the beast

empi

Post by empi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:40 pm

I dont really know what is better.To cancel the tour cause of illness or play half sided setlists.Compare the setlist 2010 and 2011.I for my own wouldnt be disappointed if it is canceled cause such things happen.But now i am thinking of selling my ticket cause over 40 € for 2 bands whos singers are not at their full power i really doubt if this is what i like to hear.It is very honoralbe that they give their last energy for the fans but does it make sense ?wouldnt it be a win win situation for fans and band to have a concert when everybody is fine ?I dont really know what to expect next week.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:53 pm

I understand that as well however not everyone would agree, I myself know people who are angry because concerts and they don't care about the reason.
metal feeds the beast

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

hiro23 wrote:I understand that as well however not everyone would agree, I myself know people who are angry because concerts and they don't care about the reason.
I think, that it's sad, because they don't understand, that they have reasons to cancel the gigs.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:23 pm

I completely agree however we seem to be in a minority, it's sad but there are many people who don't care about health reasons and get pissed off at the band for even canceling a show
metal feeds the beast

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:37 am

I think tony´s best performance are on the ecliptica and silence album, after that he lost his high pitch and went on doing grunts and stuff.
A9

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:39 am

adrian9 wrote:I think tony´s best performance are on the ecliptica and silence album, after that he lost his high pitch and went on doing grunts and stuff.
God first made himself and then he made the whole universe and you.
---...---

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:50 am

So at least I'm third in line right?
metal feeds the beast

moonstone

Post by moonstone » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:04 pm

hiro23 wrote:I completely agree however we seem to be in a minority, it's sad but there are many people who don't care about health reasons and get pissed off at the band for even canceling a show
Passing by ( euh @ AAAA : are there no ladies in Hippolaris :shock: ? ), I feel rather saddened by the talk here : So in my half-penny psychology , I'm getting to understand that a fan is a person ( :?: ) who can't / refuses to consider his/her "idol" as a human being and would rather he damaged his voice than admit to a human frailty in him ???

I guess I'm not a fan after all ...
" After the storm there's a calm
Through the clouds shines a ray of the sun "

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:02 am

A lot of people don't realize that fan is short for fanatic, however while I will admit I am a fan of Iron maiden,Stratovarius and Helloween I would not ever expect them to ruin themselves all for my sake, I would rather they were okay and that they wanted to perform instead of feeling like they were obligated to.
metal feeds the beast