Stratovarius in America?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Somaloria
Jr. Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 am

Stratovarius in America?

Post by Somaloria » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:50 am

Please please please I beg of you. If anyone an convince Stratovarius to tour in america, i will love them forever. Its hard enough to find even just a CD here, If they would just come here and let some more people know them, they would get so much more fame. I've listened to stratovarius since i was 10, i'm now 17. and everytime i see a list of performances. Its all Europe and Asia, and South America. Why not come to North America. Plenty of people would love it. Personally I would die for it. I can only spread Stratovarius myself so far. I can hardly reach out of the 4 towns worth of people I know. I can't trust them to pass it on more and more. I need the band here! My life would be complete if I could just see stratovarius live in a concert. And that won't happen if they're always overseas.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:36 am

:) They should. It just hasn't been planned out yet.

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by robocop656 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:56 am

Stratovaius in America.

Image

Plisken
Sr. Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:45 pm

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Plisken » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:22 am

Somaloria wrote:Please please please I beg of you. If anyone an convince Stratovarius to tour in america, i will love them forever. Its hard enough to find even just a CD here, If they would just come here and let some more people know them, they would get so much more fame. I've listened to stratovarius since i was 10, i'm now 17. and everytime i see a list of performances. Its all Europe and Asia, and South America. Why not come to North America. Plenty of people would love it. Personally I would die for it. I can only spread Stratovarius myself so far. I can hardly reach out of the 4 towns worth of people I know. I can't trust them to pass it on more and more. I need the band here! My life would be complete if I could just see stratovarius live in a concert. And that won't happen if they're always overseas.
Its not strato that you need to convince =/. Im sure they would love to come to tour the US again. But a lot of time it just isnt possible for a band like strato to tour here. Its especially expensive for them to come to the US, and the fan base is no where near as big as anywhere else. And when they do come they can only come to a few select states.

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 am

Stratovarius are severely underrated/overlooked, especially in the States, it seems. When I saw them the last time they came to Chicago, the crowd was so small - I imagined they would be playing to much bigger crowds, in larger venues... silly me.

It really is a shame considering they're one of the pioneers of this style of music, oh well.

CES
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by CES » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:28 am

For some strange reason, Power Metal bands seem to have a hard time cracking the US (and to a lesser extent, the UK). It's probably not helped by the Latin America and Japan regions who are, shall we say, rabid fans of the genre. It's not cheap to tour the US either since venues are largely clustered together with hundreds of miles of nothing but empty space. (I'm fairly sure Jens has made comments to this effect before?)


In short: Spread the word about bands you like to absolutely everyone you think might even possibly like the music. Build the fanbase up locally by doing this then somehow convince them to bug the local promoter to say "yes, you have 500/1,000/5,000 paying fans here chomping at the bit for this band. Book them."

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by robocop656 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:48 pm

CES wrote: venues are largely clustered together with hundreds of miles of nothing but empty space.
WRONG! :x :x :x :x :x

Image

Image

User avatar
venezuela_boy
Member
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:17 am

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by venezuela_boy » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:48 pm

COME TO CARACAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


JAJAJAJAJAJAJA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I SORRY MY ENGLISH I AM FROM THE VENEZUELA!!!!!!

User avatar
rikkertje
Sr. Member
Posts: 1801
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by rikkertje » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:17 pm

robocop656 wrote:Stratovaius in America.

Image
:lol:

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4796
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:16 pm

They should tour with Lady Gaga. This thread is NOW DIAMONDS!

Image

Somaloria
Jr. Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Somaloria » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:35 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:They should tour with Lady Gaga. This thread is NOW DIAMONDS!

Image
you have no idea how much i despise lady gaga, but if thats what it takes to get people in America to know them, and for me to go to a concert to see them. I would go. hands down.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by hiro23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:35 am

Well they were able to do some dates in america when they toured for Polaris, let's hope that this time they are able to do the same amount if not more.
metal feeds the beast

CES
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by CES » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 pm

robocop656 wrote:
CES wrote: venues are largely clustered together with hundreds of miles of nothing but empty space.
WRONG! :x :x :x :x :x

Image

Image
Buddy, I'm from a country that pioneered the art of deep frying every type of food you can think of, McD's is nothing.

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by mocobhc » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 pm

CES wrote:Buddy, I'm from a country that pioneered the art of deep frying every type of food you can think of, McD's is nothing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I192mfDgEU

Part of a hilarious German TV report about food in Great Britain. I love that report :D And I would definitely love fried Mars bars, that's why I won't ever try one :lol:

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by hiro23 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Fried candy just seems weird to me :lol:
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
Derrick Rose
Sr. Member
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Derrick Rose » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:02 pm

hiro23 wrote:Fried candy just seems weird to me :lol:
:cyclop:

CES
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by CES » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 pm

mocobhc wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I192mfDgEU

Part of a hilarious German TV report about food in Great Britain. I love that report :D And I would definitely love fried Mars bars, that's why I won't ever try one :lol:
They're actually not as good as they probably should be. A gooey, greasy mess of food that's a pain to eat.

A full pizza quick-fried to the extent you could probably bounce it off a wall though? Damn tasty food.

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by robocop656 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:33 am

CES wrote:

Buddy, I'm from a country that pioneered the art of deep frying every type of food you can think of, McD's is nothing.

OH YEAH BUDDY? WANNA HAVE A CONTEST ABOUT IT? I'M FROM A COUNTRY WHERE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ! BEAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x WHAT I FUCKING MEANT WAS THE OPEN SPACE WHERE TREES USED TO BE THERE IS NOW FUCKING CHICKEN NUGGETS AND GAS STATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!


Image

FindYourOwnVoice
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Woods & wilderness, Finland

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am

CES wrote:
Buddy, I'm from a country that pioneered the art of deep frying every type of food you can think of, McD's is nothing.
By the way, do scots generally consider themselves as "british" ? I've heard otherwise often.

User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by NeonVomit » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:08 pm

Scotland has a separate legal and educational system, as well as its own currency (well sort of.) There's even a party which is trying to get Scotland to become an independent state (which I'm sure will work out wonderfully.)

As for Scottish national identity, from what I gather it mostly revolves around deep frying things like kebabs (I'm serious) and complaining about stuff. As a foreigner here, I find them somewhat perplexing but also entertaining.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it, like bagpipes and kilts and haggis and getting drunk on a Friday night and destroying things, but I have never been to Scotland, so I can't really comment. I have some Scottish friends and that's what they mostly get up to.

Here are some guys better qualified to talk about Scotland than I.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTPSYbeNaa8?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uTPSYbeNaa8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-zxNTbsU4ns?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-zxNTbsU4ns?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

CES
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 12:09 am
Location: Scotland, UK

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by CES » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:07 pm

NeonVomit wrote:Scotland has a separate legal and educational system, as well as its own currency (well sort of.) There's even a party which is trying to get Scotland to become an independent state (which I'm sure will work out wonderfully.)

As for Scottish national identity, from what I gather it mostly revolves around deep frying things like kebabs (I'm serious) and complaining about stuff. As a foreigner here, I find them somewhat perplexing but also entertaining.

I'm sure there's a lot more to it, like bagpipes and kilts and haggis and getting drunk on a Friday night and destroying things, but I have never been to Scotland, so I can't really comment. I have some Scottish friends and that's what they mostly get up to.
You've assimilated English culture very well. Friday night booze sprees and kebabs are not the sole domain of the Scots though, I've seen many a drunken weekend pub crawl in a few cities down south. Also, it's very British to have a good bitch and moan about a subject, usually over a pint of beer or several.

As for the pro-independance party, I personally think they're plants from another country. They're just that useless. Quite loud though.
FindYourOwnVoice wrote:By the way, do scots generally consider themselves as "british" ? I've heard otherwise often.
Depends on if the person has their head firmly lodged up their ass or not. Being Scottish means you are British (alongside the Welsh, English and Northern Irish) like it or not. The one that seems to set people off is using English as a synonym for British but historically (ie: the Victorian era) the two have been interchangable.


More to the point though, we've gone way, way off topic.

FindYourOwnVoice
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 5:37 pm
Location: Woods & wilderness, Finland

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:03 pm

CES wrote:
Depends on if the person has their head firmly lodged up their ass or not. Being Scottish means you are British (alongside the Welsh, English and Northern Irish) like it or not. The one that seems to set people off is using English as a synonym for British but historically (ie: the Victorian era) the two have been interchangable.


More to the point though, we've gone way, way off topic.
Well, i meant the emotional identity more like it. Finland is part of EU, but our folk don't feel themselves as "european", but something more precious that not many else seem to be. Starting from totally different language group. Estonians pretty much the same. I don't mind off-topicing when spotting a chance to get to know more.

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by hiro23 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm Scottish/Irish descent myself, I worship at the alter of Sean Connery.
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
pimentel2
Jr. Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 pm
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by pimentel2 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:09 am

Would be awesome if Strato went for another US tour. I'd definitely go if its near the Boston Metro Area :) (Please..no nightclubs like last time, I'm 14! lol)

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by robocop656 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:06 am

SHOULDN'T YOU BE IN BED?

hiro23
Sr. Member
Posts: 3206
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:45 am
Location: saint george, utah

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by hiro23 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:19 am

Maybe he's working on Japanese time
metal feeds the beast

User avatar
Arnold Layne
Sr. Member
Posts: 973
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:27 am
Location: Leeds, England

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:34 am

pimentel2 wrote: I'm 14! lol)
LOL!

Arnold Layne

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by robocop656 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:49 am

If stratovarius comes to america they must have a pet dog on the tour bus.

Image

User avatar
Derrick Rose
Sr. Member
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Derrick Rose » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:23 pm

robocop656 wrote:
CES wrote:

Buddy, I'm from a country that pioneered the art of deep frying every type of food you can think of, McD's is nothing.

OH YEAH BUDDY? WANNA HAVE A CONTEST ABOUT IT? I'M FROM A COUNTRY WHERE WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ! BEAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x WHAT I FUCKING MEANT WAS THE OPEN SPACE WHERE TREES USED TO BE THERE IS NOW FUCKING CHICKEN NUGGETS AND GAS STATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!


Image
FUCK YEAH! :bandit:

User avatar
Derrick Rose
Sr. Member
Posts: 591
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Stratovarius in America?

Post by Derrick Rose » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:25 pm

Arnold Layne wrote:
pimentel2 wrote: I'm 14! lol)
LOL!

Arnold Layne
Derrick Rose

Post Reply