Please, release UNDER FLAMING SKIES videoclip!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
RazielSR
Please, release UNDER FLAMING SKIES videoclip!

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:44 pm

So, in the interview that mocobhc has translated, Jörg said that they are thinking about releasing UFS videoclip and a single in Finland.

And I say: DO NOT THINK ABOUT IT, JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A really catchy, powerful and amazing song with the typical energy from Stratovarius and it's clear that people will like a lot!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

KupiainenItaly96

Re: Please, release UNDER FLAMING SKIES videoclip!

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:22 am

under flaming skies is the presentation song of elysium it was also in the new album fever video!

mcv92

Post by mcv92 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:35 am

I think that Under Flaming Skies is the best song of Elysium to release a videoclip.
Please... do it!!!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 am

Are you guys crazy? :tired:

You actually want another pointless, overly-dramatic video with strange lighting, seizure-inducing camerawork, and a half-baked plot?

Just buy a kaleidoscope and get it out of your system. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:07 am

Solution!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:19 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Are you guys crazy? :tired:

You actually want another pointless, overly-dramatic video with strange lighting, seizure-inducing camerawork, and a half-baked plot?

YOU'RE NO FUN!!!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:46 am

robocop656 wrote:

YOU'RE NO FUN!!!
My eyes! My fucking eyes!!

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:07 pm

The cover of the single will be similar to the image of the volcano on the t-shirts of Elysium tour.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:28 am

the music video should be of the title song.

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:34 am

icecab21 wrote:the music video should be of the title song.
+1 :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:33 pm

And why it has to be the video like that? Just because DU video was a bit "strange" and maybe done with a really low budget (undestand the situation at that times), doesn't mean a new videoclip should be like that.
I mean, Stratovarius have some really cool videos. i think it's cool to see the band in a videoclip and it has been always like that. It's strange if they don't release a video of Elysium album, which is an album that is having a lot of success.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Susie

Post by Susie » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:39 pm

So... you all wanna be on FYAAAAAAHHHHH ? ? ? Image Image Image

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:27 am

it would be weird release a video after the album has been around for a couple of weeks. usually the video gets released before, to gain publicity and get the word spread about a new album, and shit like that... I dont think there is a video in the making...hopefully im wrong.
A9

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:08 am

RazielSR wrote:

And why it has to be the video like that? Just because DU video was a bit "strange" and maybe done with a really low budget (undestand the situation at that times), doesn't mean a new videoclip should be like that.
I mean, Stratovarius have some really cool videos. i think it's cool to see the band in a videoclip and it has been always like that. It's strange if they don't release a video of Elysium album, which is an album that is having a lot of success.
I'm not against a well produced, and well thought out video. But chances are, its going to be stupid as hell.

Examples of videos that are stupid as hell:
Hollow Years

Hunting High & Low

And the one that truly takes bullshit to unprecedented heights:
Make Believe

I just don't want another Stratovarius video to end up on that list. The SOS one was cutting it close. :buh:

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:09 am

Does Europe actually have a channel where a music video can be seen? USA doesn't :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

I'm not against a well produced, and well thought out video. But chances are, its going to be stupid as hell.

Examples of videos that are stupid as hell:
Hollow Years

Hunting High & Low

And the one that truly takes bullshit to unprecedented heights:
Make Believe

I just don't want another Stratovarius video to end up on that list. The SOS one was cutting it close. :buh:
That is your opinion, I like HHAL and SOS video a lot and many people too. You are talking about taste.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:42 am

adrian9 wrote:it would be weird release a video after the album has been around for a couple of weeks. usually the video gets released before, to gain publicity and get the word spread about a new album, and shit like that... I dont think there is a video in the making...hopefully im wrong.
No, it's not weird, it is a way to support the album more. Then, what about bands that are releasing two or three videos and the last one coming 5 months later?

Of course, those kind of bands are not the kind of band Stratovarius is, but I think it is a really good way to support the album having UFS as a second single + video.

Anyway, I'm saying this just because Jörg said it in an interview, it is not my invention. At least, they are thinking about it.

Lurdi

Post by Lurdi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:49 pm

I'd like to watch that video too! Please release it!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Finnish music videos are always top quality :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA5GkLM5C7M

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:08 pm

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote:it would be weird release a video after the album has been around for a couple of weeks. usually the video gets released before, to gain publicity and get the word spread about a new album, and shit like that... I dont think there is a video in the making...hopefully im wrong.
No, it's not weird, it is a way to support the album more. Then, what about bands that are releasing two or three videos and the last one coming 5 months later?

Of course, those kind of bands are not the kind of band Stratovarius is, but I think it is a really good way to support the album having UFS as a second single + video.

Anyway, I'm saying this just because Jörg said it in an interview, it is not my invention. At least, they are thinking about it.
you said it man, the kind of bands that release two or more videos (I.e, Shakira, The bieber, gaga, kings of leon, etc etc) is because they are releasing a single (or EP) at the same time, it might be the digital stuff, for radio and tv promo only or the physical form (today not a common one) that goes on sale via wallmart, newspaper,coffe shop or fan clubs. of course all this is an effort to sell more copies and make sure the shows tickets gets sold on time.

so, if the album has been around, and the tour starts in 5 days, what is the point of making a video? futhermore the album hit the charts first in finland without one, for my personal point of view, I wouldnt make a video.
A9

raattori

Post by raattori » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:55 pm

Make video of Elysium (the song) :D

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:19 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Finnish music videos are always top quality :P
oh dear :oops:

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Vid for Elysium would be epic :lol: But it'd be more like a short movie or something...

But I just found this interview http://www.metalasylum.net/interviews/2011/i1103.php and it made me a bit sad
7. Shooting a promo video for "Elysium"?
LAURI: I don´t think so. We were supposed to at some point but Jorg’s illness made us take a little break when we would have done it.

12. Recording any shows for DVD?
LAURI: No plans for that. There is a lot of stuff recorded from the earlier days, maybe those will get released sometime. Everybody is always asking this, personally I´m not really interested in live DVD´s, not ours or somebody else’s. I´d just rather hear some new music.
But I had a smile anyway, at this one:
6. How is Jorg doing? Is he cancer free?
LAURI: ... Jorg seemed to have quite a German take on it, he got cancer, took 1 month off and came back to work. Crazy guy.
:headbang:

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:36 am

UnaInZodiac wrote:
Oh beer :shock:
---...---

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:44 am

Depends on what the band is going for, I mean remember that not all videos are to be taken seriously
metal feeds the beast

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:32 am

AGAG wrote:
UnaInZodiac wrote:
no no no, something stronger which takes effect much much faster and help to drift off

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:30 am

mocobhc wrote:Vid for Elysium would be epic :lol: But it'd be more like a short movie or something...

But I just found this interview http://www.metalasylum.net/interviews/2011/i1103.php and it made me a bit sad
7. Shooting a promo video for "Elysium"?
LAURI: I don´t think so. We were supposed to at some point but Jorg’s illness made us take a little break when we would have done it.

12. Recording any shows for DVD?
LAURI: No plans for that. There is a lot of stuff recorded from the earlier days, maybe those will get released sometime. Everybody is always asking this, personally I´m not really interested in live DVD´s, not ours or somebody else’s. I´d just rather hear some new music.
But I had a smile anyway, at this one:
6. How is Jorg doing? Is he cancer free?
LAURI: ... Jorg seemed to have quite a German take on it, he got cancer, took 1 month off and came back to work. Crazy guy.
:headbang:
Well, I would prefer more music too. I mean, I prefer they release an album every 1,5 - 2 years. But cmon, I think there's some possibility to record something for a dvd...And it's strange to see Lauri saying he is not interested in recording a dvd when was he the one who was always recording/uploading videos :lol: .

It's clear that Stratovarius is the anti-DVD, anti-live footage band. I don't know if exists some band with the same success and having that poor amount of live performances recorded.
Remember, there's no professional live DVD from Stratovarius, and it is a band with a lot of albums and a lot of years. Dunno, every band has two or three profesional live dvd and they tour and make music too.

But well, seeing the interest they have I think it's better they don't release it cause maybe it will be bad produced, not very pro and just because the fans want it, and that's not good.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:13 am

I don't know according to some of the interviews it seems they may at some point in the near future make a dvd, I think they are just waiting till the new line up comes up with some more material of their own.
metal feeds the beast

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:18 am

UnaInZodiac wrote:
AGAG wrote:
UnaInZodiac wrote:
no no no, something stronger which takes effect much much faster and help to drift off
Teenage pregnancy? :shock:
---...---

UnaInZodiac

Post by UnaInZodiac » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:49 am

AGAG wrote:
UnaInZodiac wrote:
AGAG wrote:
UnaInZodiac wrote:
Teenage pregnancy? :shock:

:o did you glimpse that video?? Teenage pregnancy may have been the innovation for that spectacular, immortal piece of art...