New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Febo
Re: New Symfonia song on YouTube 'In Paradisum'

Post by Febo » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:52 pm

RazielSR wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
a_Sniper wrote:There's sample of Pilgrim Road on the Symfonia page :)

http://www.symfonia.fi/index.php?id=74
ROTFLMAO What is this?? lol I'm afraid this band has much more potential than this average mix between Freedom Call and Mägo de Oz... Uli Kusch, Jari Kainulainen, Mikko Harkin... outstanding musicians of greatest capabilities in one guy's futile attempt... This is my opinion, with much respect.
If there's some kind of music I really can't stand is the one like Mago de Oz and that kind of stuff like if there were a bunch of elves and bards jumping around a bonfire. :? :? :?

Another dissapointment for me this Pilgrim Road.
I agree with you. Not to mention the awful lyrics. Crap again.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

A song is not any worse for being lighter in mood. people like it, that's why there is a lot of it out there. don't find any difference in musicianship between this song and darker songs

Susie

Post by Susie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:17 am

A little better than the last one... Everything's ok... but I'm not feeling the voice yet... Image

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 am

I can't believe so many people are disappointed with these two songs.
Well I am not that amazed but I like them. Nice stuff. :?

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:11 pm

I liked the songs heard so far, I really hope that the solos are played by Timo, not like the Trinity the biggest baseness TT did in his whole downhill career, what a disappointment, it is clear now, listening to these new songs, it's clear that the last RR album was played by someone else, is incredibly embarrassing

Arkash

Post by Arkash » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:15 pm

Mega cheesy.
Through the storms we've wandered
Many mountains we have climbed
But all the bad times are behind
The road is free - I'm coming home

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:27 am

Verdades Parias wrote:I liked the songs heard so far, I really hope that the solos are played by Timo, not like the Trinity the biggest baseness TT did in his whole downhill career, what a disappointment, it is clear now, listening to these new songs, it's clear that the last RR album was played by someone else, is incredibly embarrassing
:roll:

I might point out that the same Santtu Lehtiniemi is listed in the credits of Elysium (some engineering or something) and I am just waiting for him to take credit for the guitarwork of Matias :lol:

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:14 pm

Pilgrim Road is probably the worst shit I've heard in ages.

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 pm

And hearing this two songs, one thing is REALLY clear.

Timo did not play solos on RR's Trinity album. No way.

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:26 pm

eternity_strato wrote:And hearing this two songs, one thing is REALLY clear.

Why would you think that?:DDDDDD

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 pm

I just heard "Pilgrim's Road", and what a fucking horrible song it is. Of course he didnt play the solos on Trinity, he can't play worth shit. What a fat motherfucker. Timo should just retire and start a flower shop. Fucking hell.

Elz

Post by Elz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:10 pm

Why are you talking shit about TT? answer: This is fucking stratoforum.people are gay here, and if u like strato, you can't like symfonia, or anything tolkki made...all you should go to cry some shit

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Balu wrote:

Theres blogs and articles about it; maybe he didn't play all the solos of the album... but I do know one thing, Tolkki CAN play his guitar even if he didn't in Trinity.
Once a player, always a player motherfuckers!!! :beer:

His show with Symfonia proves that, he still got what it takes. At least he still has ambition to make music. Even if this album has no match to the current Strato, there'll be worthwhile moments as there were at times with RR that were working better and i'm guna buy the album support it. I'm still not keen on Matos, but if theres one thing I think Tolkki needs then its the time for inspiration to set in.. for extra work on the greatest ideas (meant in the best way of course :) ) there doesn't have to be one album every year, sometimes that takes its toll on other great ideas to come in. Some bands can wait years and once released it becomes regarded a masterpeice. Take it easy guys and let's just wait for the release!!!

Balu

Post by Balu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:44 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:
Balu wrote:

Theres blogs and articles about it; maybe he didn't play all the solos of the album... but I do know one thing, Tolkki CAN play his guitar even if he didn't in Trinity.
Once a player, always a player motherfuckers!!! :beer:

His show with Symfonia proves that, he still got what it takes. At least he still has ambition to make music. Even if this album has no match to the current Strato, there'll be worthwhile moments as there were at times with RR that were working better and i'm guna buy the album support it. I'm still not keen on Matos, but if theres one thing I think Tolkki needs then its the time for inspiration to set in.. for extra work on the greatest ideas (meant in the best way of course :) ) there doesn't have to be one album every year, sometimes that takes its toll on other great ideas to come in. Some bands can wait years and once released it becomes regarded a masterpeice. Take it easy guys and let's just wait for the release!!!
Yeah, I know, I ream 'em too, but I automatically thought "that's bullshit". :Đ

Febo

Post by Febo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Elz wrote:Why are you talking shit about TT? answer: This is fucking stratoforum.people are gay here, and if u like strato, you can't like symfonia, or anything tolkki made...all you should go to cry some shit
People are free to criticize. In my humble opinion, if people talk shit about TT is because it's the only thing the guy has been given to the world since 2004.

Imo, In Paradisum, Pilgrim Road and Forever More are all average songs, and not 'cause I hate the man, but cause those actually are if you ask me.

I also think that Matias Kupiainen is 100 times better as a guitar player and not 'cause I hate Timo Tolkki but 'cause of the fact that Matias has proved how he can make even the simplest guitar solo like hunting high and low's sound much better live than Tolkki ever did or will.

And I think that may be after two more albums I'll be able to say he's a better composer than Tolkki.
There you have Infernal Maze and Event Horizon. Koti and Matias have managed it to make those sound very unique wheather u like those or no. On the other hand I listen to Fields of Avalon and Forever More and about 200 songs I've already heard come to my mind immediatly.

Why to come here and say we should all eat shit?
You gave your opinion about how you believe In Paradisum will be much better than Elysium. Some others think that way as well for sure and those talk shit about the Strato guys here and there.
But well, you like Symfonia and that's all that should matter.

Why to insult? Relax :)

Elz

Post by Elz » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:23 pm

Can I ask, why you hate TT? because all things since 2004? I just want to remind you that he had, and still has the manic depressive thing, and he can't do anything to it

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:08 am

There is no better in music, music is freedom, art is freedom, so my friend, if you will understand Stratovarius one day, with Timo and with Matias, than you will understand music and love and passion in it, and what is about, than you will cry over posts like this you wrote!

Febo

Post by Febo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:15 am

crostrato wrote:There is no better in music, music is freedom, art is freedom, so my friend, if you will understand Stratovarius one day, with Timo and with Matias, than you will understand music and love and passion in it, and what is about, than you will cry over posts like this you wrote!
Your conceptions are just as irrelevant to me as mine are for you :)

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:18 am

Febo wrote:
Elz wrote:Why are you talking shit about TT? answer: This is fucking stratoforum.people are gay here, and if u like strato, you can't like symfonia, or anything tolkki made...all you should go to cry some shit
People are free to criticize. In my humble opinion, if people talk shit about TT is because it's the only thing the guy has been given to the world since 2004.

Imo, In Paradisum, Pilgrim Road and Forever More are all average songs, and not 'cause I hate the man, but cause those actually are if you ask me.

I also think that Matias Kupiainen is 100 times better as a guitar player and not 'cause I hate Timo Tolkki but 'cause of the fact that Matias has proved how he can make even the simplest guitar solo like hunting high and low's sound much better live than Tolkki ever did or will.

And I think that may be after two more albums I'll be able to say he's a better composer than Tolkki.
There you have Infernal Maze and Event Horizon. Koti and Matias have managed it to make those sound very unique wheather u like those or no. On the other hand I listen to Fields of Avalon and Forever More and about 200 songs I've already heard come to my mind immediatly.

You gave your opinion about how you believe In Paradisum will be much better than Elysium. Some others think that way as well for sure and those talk shit about the Strato guys here and there.

Febo you got it, but I tell you, don't even bother... it's not worth it, you know :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:40 am

febo wrote:

I might agree with you almost entirely, just that line when matias is better composer than tolkki.......mmmmmm, remember that you know about matias because stratovarius is already known, tolkki built strato from scrath, and gave us timeless power metal classics. where on earth matias would be if tolkki had stayed ?
now, matias songwriting skills are far beyond average. I agree on that, and about his guitar skillks I would say he awesome, but better than tolkki.....I have my doubts about that.[/quote]
A9

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:18 am

I would still say that Lauri is the best songwriter in Strato right now. Just listen to his solo albums!

Yet Matias did quite well too.
I think that what gets people with new Strato is some certain freshness Tolkki hasn't had in a while. I really like Tolkkis creations with RR and I think these new songs sound promising but still: AoA was really different but it still didn't sound fresh. Symfonia sounds great to me but when compared to Strato there is something missing.
But I'd say don't judge Symfonia too early. We might never know whats coming. If you think TT will mess it up then what if the next album is filled with songs by Uli, Mikko and Andre?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 am

Well... I want to listen TT, not the others. I mean I'm interested in TT. In Symfonia's forum there aren't almost Stratovarius fans, almost 80% of people there are Matos fans. Who knows, maybe Matos comes with something really good and I will want to listen Matos, you never know.

I'm dissapointed till now with this two songs. In Paradisum sounds a lot like RR song and for me is like listening almost the same song and not having freshness. Maybe it is me. Anyway I would say it is an average song to me, not bad.

Then, Pilgrim Road is just not the kind of song I like. It doesn't matter if it is fresh, new or old, cause I don't like folk metal and that extremely megasuperhappyiloveyouall kind of songs. The same happened to me with Into the future and this one is a lot similar. Maybe the whole song has something more to offer, some great solo or something making me wanting to listen to it.

I want TT's sound, but some versatility too, you know. For example If you hear FD-Episode-Visions-Destiny-Inifinty in a row you can hear it is the same sound, the same style, but look at that diversity and variations. You have songs with almost the same patterns than others but you can hear it is a different song, a different touch. Not sure if In Paradisum gets that too. Will see the final album. I'm sure when the whole album will be out, and while listening all the songs I will be happy. It's clear the band has a lot of potential.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Tema

Post by Tema » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:57 am

Here's some versatility for you in form of samples.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Paradisum/dp ... 8&sr=301-1

Sounds promising enough to me and I'll definitely pick up the album eventually.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks for those. sounds really good, really really good. I have my preorder in amazon from some days ago. Listening to the samples I found a lot of what I was trying to say.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Is this André Matos or Tobias Sammet singing?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:24 pm

valo_666 wrote:Is this André Matos or Tobias Sammet singing?
:lol: :lol: I have to say that I have never listened that similitudes with other singers. They both seem to have almost the same voice.

stratodan1990

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Santiago song sample - Stratovarius 'Kill The King' cover resemblances anyone? :lol:

Some songs sound ok, like I said earlier i'm looking forward to 'Forevermore', 'Santiago' 'I Walk In Neon' sounds interesting if it isn't RRified too much, 'Fields Of Avalon' sounds good within the new sample, but lets see if it gets too cheesy to be true. Again overall I can't really say I feel much different about the album, it should be good but GREAT we'll see about the release. Nevertheless i'll check it out when its leaked. Sounds better than most RR stuff anyway.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 pm

Tema wrote:Here's some versatility for you in form of samples.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/In-Paradisum/dp ... 8&sr=301-1

Sounds promising enough to me and I'll definitely pick up the album eventually.
I like some samples, there will be some very good songs, and btw Don't Let Me Go - Stratovarius - Tears Of Ice :).

Balu

Post by Balu » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:38 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:I would still say that Lauri is the best songwriter in Strato right now. Just listen to his solo albums!
My choice is Jens here. He has some amazing solo stuff (absolutely loved Sonic Winter, especially All Opposable Thumbs).

Elz

Post by Elz » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm