Infernal Maze as the first song on set

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Rebel
Infernal Maze as the first song on set

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 am

I think honestly, now that the band has taken the step to include the song in the setlist, it should be moved to its rightful place as the first song on set. That is a dramatic song, and it has a wow factor that the band has never seen. Really beef up the performance too, after Timo's opening lines, go silent for 4 or 5 seconds, and cut all the stagelights so you can't see the band, and then explode into the show. I imagine with a crowd of Helloween fans, there are a lot of people doubting if Strato "Still has it" or if their dead in the water without Tolkki. This is the song to prove every doubter wrong.

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Infernal Maze as the first song on set

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:03 am

Do you have any suggestions about which belt hole Jorg should use to support his pants optimally? We want him to make a real "statement" after his big comeback, after all. I think its time we put our great minds together and arrived at a solution...

He could use one of the holes nearer to the buckle and let his jeans sag. Though he might risk exposing his underwear, or buttocks, it might be the right message to cater to the youthful crowd.

On the other hand, he could use the belt-hole furthest up from the buckle, and pull his pants up to his armpits. Though his breathing would surely be constricted, he would have that "old fashioned" look that unapologetically cries- "I'm not hear to please you bastards." :)

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:18 am

Rebel wrote:I think honestly, now that the band has taken the step to include the song in the setlist, it should be moved to its rightful place as the first song on set. That is a dramatic song, and it has a wow factor that the band has never seen. Really beef up the performance too, after Timo's opening lines, go silent for 4 or 5 seconds, and cut all the stagelights so you can't see the band, and then explode into the show. I imagine with a crowd of Helloween fans, there are a lot of people doubting if Strato "Still has it" or if their dead in the water without Tolkki. This is the song to prove every doubter wrong.
+1 from me

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Do you have any suggestions about which belt hole Jorg should use to support his pants optimally? We want him to make a real "statement" after his big comeback, after all. I think its time we put our great minds together and arrived at a solution...

He could use one of the holes nearer to the buckle and let his jeans sag. Though he might risk exposing his underwear, or buttocks, it might be the right message to cater to the youthful crowd.

On the other hand, he could use the belt-hole furthest up from the buckle, and pull his pants up to his armpits. Though his breathing would surely be constricted, he would have that "old fashioned" look that unapologetically cries- "I'm not hear to please you bastards." :)
Oh please, you know you agree with me.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:45 am

Rebel wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Do you have any suggestions about which belt hole Jorg should use to support his pants optimally? We want him to make a real "statement" after his big comeback, after all. I think its time we put our great minds together and arrived at a solution...

Why would I care about what song they play first in a concert I'm not even going to attend? :lol:

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:47 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
Rebel wrote:

Why would I care about what song they play first in a concert I'm not even going to attend? :lol:
Where do you live?

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 am

It seems I'm moving across the country every week, these days...but generally in the confines of North America.

I've already seen them live twice though, so I'm not looking for pity. I'm just saying, I couldn't care less what song they played first in Changchoong Gym, South Korea, on March 2.

Playing at a gym? Really ?? :?
At least there will be plenty of buff dudes there who are into metal. Or, iron, at least. :lol:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:28 am

Rebel, I completely agree. It is a great opener and seeing that short video one can understand the power of that song live. It is amazing how the band plays.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 pm

Changchoong Gym or ChingChong Chin?

JezzeZ

Post by JezzeZ » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:58 pm

I totally agree, that would be awesome.
JezzeZ a.k.a. CheatUrHead a.k.a. JezzeJezus a.k.a. Tukkajumala a.k.a. Liehuletti a.k.a. Hashis...

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

I have to agree, because I've allways thought metal concerst should start as powerfull as possible.

I never liked when Sonata Arctica started their shows with Paid in Full, and I still think Misplaced was their best opener.

Destiny was a great song for Strato to open the shows, but I think not fast+powerfull enough. I do have to say I agree with Rebel :)

Oh and..
inb4
Somebody wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:I never liked when Sonata Arctica
:)

Wolfgang Amadeus Moz

Post by Wolfgang Amadeus Moz » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:10 am

Is that really you in your avatar? :luv1:
I will write a love sonata for you.
Teehee!

J.S. Bach

Post by J.S. Bach » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:56 pm

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart wrote:Is that really you in your avatar? :luv1:
I will write a love sonata for you.
Teehee!
I will write her a full Love suite with TWO Gigues, Haha!. She's mine :x

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Post by Ludwig Van Beethoven » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:29 pm

Back off, bitches!!
I'll win her heart with some fiery chamber music. HA!

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 am

:lol: :lol: Bah! What a phatetic
trio! :lol: :lol:

Do you REALLY think you have something to compete with, if I show up myself??
Jompa: 64 children, ugly, can only think fugues, eat fugues, drink fugues, talk fugues, shit fugues. Huh!

Ludde:Illtempered sour buffar, halfblind, deaf and rather dumb. Bah!

Wolfie:Nothing but problem. Hippocomplex, erythema nodosum, arthritis, typhoid fever, very tiresome stomach.

And me: Beautiful, talented, intelligent, spontaneous.
And once she has heard my "Gesang der Junglinge" you are all three totally OUT. HAHA

J.S. Bach

Post by J.S. Bach » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:46 am

Karlheinz Stockhausen wrote: And me: Beautiful, talented, intelligent, spontanous.
Yeah yeah :lol: :lol: I also shit flowers...

Karlheinz Stockhausen

Post by Karlheinz Stockhausen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:50 am

I don't have time now to develop my thoughts about your shiting. BUT I don't believe it is FLOWERS. NO! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vladimir Horowitz

Post by Vladimir Horowitz » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:51 am

Aren't you ALL forgeting who PLAYS all that neverending amount of SHIT you write?? Yes... that would be me!:lol:

So I'm conquering that unfathomable lady's heart with my big and strong yet delicate hands.. Her heart will melt at the mere sight of my octave arpeggios.. haha! see you! :lol: On the other side :lol:

Franz Liszt

Post by Franz Liszt » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:22 am

This nonsense has gone far enough. I got so totally fucking sick of people telling me to play the Hungarian Rhapsody no.2 that I refused to play it at any of my solo recitals. Do you really want that to happen again with Stratovarius? DO YOU??? DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU ARE IN A POSITION TO TELL THEM WHAT TO DO?

Screw this, I'm off to do Chopin's 'girl'friend.

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaiko

Post by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaiko » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:10 am

You guys think you can get a date with HER? Hahahaha! Maybe when I die of cholera....! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:14 am

Are these guys real?

Arnold Layne

mcv92

Post by mcv92 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

Someone heard our prayers: Infernal Maze as first song
<object><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCExF7rw9uY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sCExF7rw9uY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm

Holy shit! Crazy people, crazy!!!!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:24 am

Could TK be any more epic?

Babylon

Post by Babylon » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:03 am

mcv92 wrote:Someone heard our prayers: Infernal Maze as first song
Aaah yes, I was there :D It was a nice surprise, I thought they'd start with Darkest Hours