Sumerian's Review of "In Paradisum"

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Sumerian
Sumerian's Review of "In Paradisum"

Post by Sumerian » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi guys, I am very busy these days but decided to take few minutes and share my thoughts about latest Symfonia album "In Paradisum".

Cheers,
Sumerian

A powerful urban landscape. An ominous rainbow of clouds. Majestic angels holding glowing orbs of power up to the heavens, perhaps an offering to the very gods and goddesses that made this legendary album possible.

Even a cursory glance at the lush and vibrant cover of Symfonia's new album "In Paradisum", released on March 25, 2011 by power metal legend TIMO TOLKKI, is enough to stun the disbelievers and throw a curveball into the world of metal.

From opening minutes of this musically honest, true, and inspirational album, we feel the magic of the old Stratovarius sound is back and better than before. The lush orchestration and clever arrangements are enough to please fans of any genre, and are true anthems that, like mighty titans, will stand the test of time.

A breath of fresh air in a genre that has been stagnating since REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE mutually decided to disband in 2010, this album draws influences from classic Stratovarius songs like "Black Diamond", "Will the Sun Rise", and even draws influences from Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Telemann, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Verdi, and Dvorak.

The highlight of this album, is quite creative and technical genius of Timo Tolkki's guitar playing, who proves once again that he is THE Finnish guitar virtuoso and silences all critics by taking above and beyond the legendary solo's he composed and played in REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE album "Trinity".

All eyes are on Symfonia as they prepare for a massive summer tour to take the metal world by storm and prove once and for all who are the kings of Finnish metal.

10/10

NeverendingAbyss

Re: Sumerian's Review of "In Paradisum"

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Nice try, Tolkki.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:43 pm

7/10

Rage1979

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:01 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:Nice try, Tolkki.
Fuck, like I say a million times I am not Tolkki. I am student in Cairo, Egypt. I am 13 years old learning guitar and want to play metal my whole life. I simply write my honest review about this album, and I have a right to do that without being attacked or called with names. If you disagree and prefer Elysium, it is your right.

Cheers,
Sumerian

foerg

Post by foerg » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:34 pm

Sumerian wrote:this album draws influences from classic Stratovarius songs like "Black Diamond", "Will the Sun Rise", and even draws influences from Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Telemann, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Verdi, and Dvorak.

Susie

Post by Susie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:53 pm

Sumerian wrote: (...)

A powerful urban landscape. An ominous rainbow of clouds. Majestic angels holding glowing orbs of power up to the heavens, perhaps an offering to the very gods and goddesses that made this legendary album possible.

(..)

A breath of fresh air in a genre that has been stagnating since REVOLUTION RENAISSANCE mutually decided to disband in 2010, this album draws influences from classic Stratovarius songs like "Black Diamond", "Will the Sun Rise", and even draws influences from Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Telemann, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Verdi, and Dvorak.

(...)

All eyes are on Symfonia as they prepare for a massive summer tour to take the metal world by storm and prove once and for all who are the kings of Finnish metal.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know what you're drinking, honey but I need the recipe !

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:22 pm

I liked the fields of avalon song...other than that....6/10.
A9

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:55 am

Sumerian, once again: when you crap, you clone yourself.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:09 am

foerg wrote:
Sumerian wrote:this album draws influences from classic Stratovarius songs like "Black Diamond", "Will the Sun Rise", and even draws influences from Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, Telemann, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Liszt, Tchaikovsky, Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Paganini, Verdi, and Dvorak.

HAHAHHAHHSUY8R678YUHFDSASASADSASA

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:08 am

Sumerian wrote:
Fuck, like I say a million times I am not Tolkki. I am student in Cairo, Egypt. I am 13 years old learning guitar and want to play metal my whole life. I simply write my honest review about this album, and I have a right to do that without being attacked or called with names. If you disagree and prefer Elysium, it is your right.

Cheers,
Sumerian
I love you, but no 13-year old can write a review like that, unless you're a gifted person.

If so, you shouldn't be pursuing playing in a band. Go make theorems or quantum mechanics instead. Make us proud.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 am

I believe Sumerian is a pansexual roto plooker.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:47 am

Sumerian wrote:

Cheers,
Sumerian
Pretty good English from a 13 years old Sumerian kid. I think you should instead focus on teaching your classmates proper English.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:44 pm

:wink: We need a high-five smiley! :)

The resemblance is striking, NA. I think you are on to something. ;)

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:44 pm

Be it Tolkki or not, the irony of that review made me almost fall off the chair :lol: :lol:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:
Sumerian wrote:

Cheers,
Sumerian
Pretty good English from a 13 years old Sumerian kid. I think you should instead focus on teaching your classmates proper English.
I dont get it? why would a 13 year old have bad English? or I should say, why are they supposed to have bad english?

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:50 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
:wink: We need a high-five smiley! :)

The resemblance is striking, NA. I think you are on to something. ;)
Fucking hell, like I say, I am just a university student in a city called Helwan, Egypt where I study architecture. Maybe, I could not expect anything more from the Stratovarius forum, since most of you hate everything Tolkki does.

I am familiar with this for years already, and will not let it bother me. In the end, it is the music that counts...

And what counts is, "In Paradisum" leaves Elysium in the dust. Most of you are realizing that, right now, and it is hard... :)

Cheers,
Sumerian

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:59 pm

ok what? now im really starting to believe you are Tolkki :O. In this VERY SAME thread you wrote :
Sumerian wrote:Fuck, like I say a million times I am not Tolkki. I am student in Cairo, Egypt. I am 13 years old learning guitar and want to play metal my whole life. I simply write my honest review about this album, and I have a right to do that without being attacked or called with names. If you disagree and prefer Elysium, it is your right.

Cheers,
Sumerian
and NOW you just wrote :

Sumerian wrote: Fucking hell, like I say, I am just a university student in a city called Helwan, Egypt where I study architecture. Maybe, I could not expect anything more from the Stratovarius forum, since most of you hate everything Tolkki does.

I am familiar with this for years already, and will not let it bother me. In the end, it is the music that counts...

Cheers,
Sumerian

Oh and lets not forget your profile says you live in Alexandria, Egypt!

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:23 pm

foerg wrote:
LMAO

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:30 pm

Plisken wrote:ok what? now im really starting to believe you are Tolkki :O. In this VERY SAME thread you wrote :
Sumerian wrote:Fuck, like I say a million times I am not Tolkki. I am student in Cairo, Egypt. I am 13 years old learning guitar and want to play metal my whole life. I simply write my honest review about this album, and I have a right to do that without being attacked or called with names. If you disagree and prefer Elysium, it is your right.

Cheers,
Sumerian
and NOW you just wrote :

Sumerian wrote: Fucking hell, like I say, I am just a university student in a city called Helwan, Egypt where I study architecture. Maybe, I could not expect anything more from the Stratovarius forum, since most of you hate everything Tolkki does.

Cheers,
Sumerian

So what? It was just a typo. I am using a Mac and it has very bad keyboard.

But I have something for you that is not a typo: FUCK YOU!

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 pm

Sumerian wrote:
Plisken wrote:ok what? now im really starting to believe you are Tolkki :O. In this VERY SAME thread you wrote :

Cheers,
Sumerian
and NOW you just wrote :

Cheers,
Sumerian

So what? It was just a typo. I am using a Mac and it has very bad keyboard.

But I have something for you that is not a typo: FUCK YOU!
Typographical Error : (often shortened to typo) is a mistake made in, originally, the manual type-setting (typography) of printed material, or more recently, the typing process. The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger,[1] but usually excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors.

You cant typo an entire paragraph.....twice....

Not that if you are tolkki or who ever that I care. Its just you keep changing who you say you are. Jens could end this right now and tell us if you are who you say you are...

Come on Jens! do it!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Sumerian wrote:So what? It was just a typo. I am using a Mac and it has very bad keyboard.
Tolkki uses a mac as well.

We are on to something here....

warrencurrymetal

Post by warrencurrymetal » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:05 pm

I loved the album, and if Tolkki loves it too he should be able to praise his own work if feels inclined. Also, its bad PR to tell ur fans FUCK YOU!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:54 pm

*Headdesk* It's not Tolkki.

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:36 pm

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 pm

I'm from Egypt too.

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Plisken wrote:I dont get it? why would a 13 year old have bad English? or I should say, why are the supposed to have bad english?
After reading the posts below this quoted one, I assume I don't have to go into details anymore why I wrote what I wrote.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:00 am

Beast_Pete wrote:
Plisken wrote:I dont get it? why would a 13 year old have bad English? or I should say, why are the supposed to have bad english?
After reading the posts below this quoted one, I assume I don't have to go into details anymore why I wrote what I wrote.
yeah :lol:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:59 am

My honest opinion, all drama being put aside is that I think it's a great album and I will proudly play it as much as I play the new Stratovarius album.

I like them both and I listen to them for their musical merits.
metal feeds the beast

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:18 am

hiro23 wrote:My honest opinion, all drama being put aside is that I think it's a great album and I will proudly play it as much as I play the new Stratovarius album.

yeah I agree, one thing I got to say though is right away felt that the music was more "stratovarius" then stratovarius is right now. Not that I dont like the new direction, I do but yeah...

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:26 am

hiro23 wrote:My honest opinion, all drama being put aside is that I think it's a great album and I will proudly play it as much as I play the new Stratovarius album.

Why are you always so neutral? :lol: :lol:

You must be a Swiss... who doesn't drink coffee. :D