Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Post Reply
User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Kosmo » Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 am

So we had this band thing at my school today, and this keyboardist dude who i'm friends with played with his band and they had a surprise guitarist, who was it?

Well, it was non other then Matias Kupiainen. 8) Matias' little brother plays drums in the band so they got him that way. Needless to say I nearly shat my pants when i saw Matias walk up to the stage.

I was too nervous to walk up to them and ask for an autograph though. :?

Life is sort of cool.

edit: They played Stratosphere and then something from Bodom i believe.

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2505
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by RazielSR » Fri May 20, 2011 11:21 am

:) I suppose it has been great! What a nice surprise dude!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri May 20, 2011 3:26 pm

@Kosmo, it sounds as if you had a very happy, and lucky day!!!! :)

User avatar
mayhem-for-all
Sr. Member
Posts: 1907
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by mayhem-for-all » Fri May 20, 2011 4:46 pm

One of our early day politicians who later became our president too, Juho Kusti Paasikivi thought that when Finland became independent we should become a monarchy because in here everyone knows eachother and has been in some local bar together so a president chosen among people couldn't have any authority.

Its a small country.

User avatar
Beast_Pete
Sr. Member
Posts: 6488
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 8:34 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Beast_Pete » Fri May 20, 2011 8:04 pm

I heard that the kid is an extremely talented drummer. Is that correct?
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

User avatar
Kosmo
Sr. Member
Posts: 2288
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Kosmo » Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

Beast_Pete wrote:I heard that the kid is an extremely talented drummer. Is that correct?
Yeah he really is. He could most likely take the drummers seat in Stratovarius for a show and do amazing.

User avatar
NeverendingAbyss
Sr. Member
Posts: 4592
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm
Location: Betty White will outlive the queen.

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sat May 21, 2011 2:18 am

That's nothing. My school invited police squads who then surrounded the building, ordered the lockdown of every classrooms, and announced us to be quiet without telling us what was going on.


Turns out a man was drunk outside the facility.


The US is kind of cool sometimes.... :err:


True story, bro- back in sophomore year of high school.

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by robocop656 » Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 am

That's nothing. My family owns a Funeral home and when I was a child I'd play with the embalming fluid and knock over caskets on accident.


User avatar
NeonVomit
Sr. Member
Posts: 4628
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:36 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by NeonVomit » Sat May 21, 2011 1:14 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:One of our early day politicians who later became our president too, Juho Kusti Paasikivi thought that when Finland became independent we should become a monarchy because in here everyone knows eachother and has been in some local bar together so a president chosen among people couldn't have any authority.

Its a small country.
True... Greek people talk about Greece being a small country, and Athens alone has the same population as the whole of Finland!
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com


I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by robocop656 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm


_Pepe_
Member
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:53 am
Location: Chile

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by _Pepe_ » Sat May 21, 2011 9:32 pm

COOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J- さ&
Member
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:37 am
Location: Binay Land, Makati

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by J- さ& » Sun May 22, 2011 5:13 am

Wow.... Just Wow! :D
Seriously, they allow to play some melo-death genre in your school, that's nice!
....

Burning Reflection
Sr. Member
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:11 pm
Location: Los Angeles, California

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Burning Reflection » Sun May 22, 2011 7:07 pm


User avatar
Susie
Sr. Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 am
Location: Santiago / Chile

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Susie » Sun May 22, 2011 10:45 pm

:) So cool, Kosmo!

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by AGAG » Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 am

robocop656 wrote:That's nothing. My family owns a Funeral home and when I was a child I'd play with the embalming fluid and knock over caskets on accident.
That's nothing. We had a dog and they let me play with it sometimes after dinner.
---...---

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by robocop656 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:43 am

AGAG wrote:
robocop656 wrote:That's nothing. My family owns a Funeral home and when I was a child I'd play with the embalming fluid and knock over caskets on accident.
That's nothing. We had a dog and they let me play with it sometimes after dinner.
That's nothing. My pet ape flung his dung at my neighbor at suppertime and arpeggiated the reprise of his spinal column with milk jugs in Susie's butt while they eat vanilla pudding with a water bottle. The End. :spin1:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cecky3pvxc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cecky3pvxc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

User avatar
AGAG
Sr. Member
Posts: 7857
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:04 am
Location: El Salvador

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by AGAG » Mon May 23, 2011 6:48 am

robocop656 wrote:
AGAG wrote:
robocop656 wrote:That's nothing. My family owns a Funeral home and when I was a child I'd play with the embalming fluid and knock over caskets on accident.
That's nothing. We had a dog and they let me play with it sometimes after dinner.
That's nothing. My pet ape flung his dung at my neighbor at suppertime and arpeggiated the reprise of his spinal column with milk jugs in Susie's butt while they eat vanilla pudding with a water bottle. The End. :spin1:
<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cecky3pvxc?fs ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5cecky3pvxc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
You win.

That water bottle must be really soft :)
---...---

User avatar
Hubble86
Sr. Member
Posts: 919
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:45 am

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by Hubble86 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:20 am

:shock:
That is NOTHING!

We had 19 chimpanzees and they all chewed after dinner. Every day!

On us.

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1716
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by adrian9 » Mon May 23, 2011 4:14 pm

"sort" of cool!......that was awesome.
A9

User avatar
foerg
Sr. Member
Posts: 430
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:50 pm
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by foerg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 pm

Kosmo wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:I heard that the kid is an extremely talented drummer. Is that correct?
Yeah he really is. He could most likely take the drummers seat in Stratovarius for a show and do amazing.
well now...

User avatar
browneyedgirl
Sr. Member
Posts: 27236
Joined: Thu Aug 29, 2002 6:00 pm
Location: Starfall
Contact:

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:46 pm

foerg wrote:
Kosmo wrote:
Beast_Pete wrote:I heard that the kid is an extremely talented drummer. Is that correct?
Yeah he really is. He could most likely take the drummers seat in Stratovarius for a show and do amazing.
well now...
*hint, hint, hint*
:wink:

User avatar
HoldenCaulfield
Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:44 pm
Location: Tranquility Lane

Re: Finland is sort of cool sometimes...

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:32 am

Sometimes? I thought it was always cool, around -50º/15 .

Post Reply