New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
hiro23
Re: New Stratovarius drummer (your thoughts or preferences)

Post by hiro23 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 am

What are you telling me it's not going to be a space alien?
metal feeds the beast

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:56 am

Hiro is the new drummer! By the way, did you start this thread on Rhapsody's forum? This doesn't sound like you. :lol:

http://forum.rhapsodyoffire.com/topic/1 ... ire-split/

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 am

<object width="960" height="720"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A__4VRVMGQ4?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A__4VRVMGQ4?ve ... p;hl=es_MX" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="960" height="720" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 am

Where did you find that video of me? :err: :err: :shock: :shock:

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:32 am

Nah, as you can see I'm hiro to the twenty third degree :D
metal feeds the beast

Octavius2250

Post by Octavius2250 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:56 am

What about Mike Portnoy? :lol: :rotflmao1: :rotflmao2:
RazielSR wrote:
flyingdistantskies wrote:Peter would be fine. But what do you think of Mike Portnoy, Uli Kush...
MP??? I really don't think it is a good idea :lol: . He is living now his personal crusade against DT and turning almost all of his fans against him, and receiving a lot of insults from everywhere each time he opens his mouth to say DT was my baby, now is all shit and I would never continue DT without Petrucci, bla bla. He is being more or less, cyber-attacked :lol: . And the musical differences are too much, and he is not the kind of guy to play in Stratovarius I would say, taking into account that he would accept... or atking into account that the band would like to have MP as a drummer...

Uli is injuried and he dont know if he will be able to play anymore and left Symfonia because of that, according to TT. Plus I think he is tired of metal.
Damn! Someone already beat me to it! I guess I have to concede that Portnoy and Kotipelto/Kupiainen probably aren't stylistically compatible, and that given Portnoy's nature as a control freak, having him join the band would be like having Tolkki rejoin the band... But still, I still think it would be kind of cool to have Portnoy as Stratovarius' drummer...
brought2ubyletterC wrote:What?! Jorg is gone? I'm so sad to hear it. :(

Well, Mike Portnoy's out of a job. I wouldn't mind seeing him as Strato's new drummer. That would be kinda ironic at the same time, considering how Jens tried out for DT and didn't make the cut.

I realize they probably don't play exactly the same style of music, but a girl can dream, can't she? ;)
No pun intended? ;)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:16 am

Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!

TwilightEagle

Post by TwilightEagle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:27 pm

Ilsekena wrote:Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!
He's busy with the Return to Dreamspace project.

lalodrums2

Post by lalodrums2 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:33 pm

AQUILES PRIESTER ++++

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:36 pm

TwilightEagle wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!Bring back Lassila!
I know. Butt its not forever :roll:

Samovarius

Post by Samovarius » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:50 pm

I think that only one guy is good enough for the drummer´s place, here he is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEKzhfFeOSs

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:41 am

who knows, we will have to wait and see who the band decides to go with
metal feeds the beast

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:15 pm

hiro23 wrote:who knows, we will have to wait and see who the band decides to go with
Another deep thought. :roll:

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:43 am

Ilsekena wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
Actually, it seems so..
We don’t necessarily discriminate.
We simply exclude certain types of people.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Saffron wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
TwilightEagle wrote:
Actually, it seems so..
Lassila is not better than Jorg I believe, so...I preffer some brazilian bomber

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:13 am

I don't care what country they come from, as long as they know how to play the drums really well and make the music sound awesome that's all I really care about
metal feeds the beast

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 am

hiro23 wrote:I don't care what country they come from, as long as they know how to play the drums really well and make the music sound awesome that's all I really care about
Yes, very true. I forgot to tell you about that.

Thanks for the clarification and your deep thoughts.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 am

Your welcome :D
metal feeds the beast

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

hiro23 wrote:I don't care what country they come from, as long as they know how to play the drums really well and make the music sound awesome that's all I really care about
Really? I insist on a Nigerian. :)

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:07 am

I know this is a bit pointless, but right now I'm listening to the whole Strato discography all over again, and I just finnished with Fourth Dimention, and I think Lassila could really play and fit just great if brought back... besides, I wonder what would Summerian say if that original Strato member came back. :)

This commant of course won't make any difference :)
Tony Kakko

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:08 am

Now that it has been brought up I wonder what it would be like if Lassila was brought back in. I personally think it would be pretty cool.

Although I also like the idea of Thomen Stauch as well
metal feeds the beast

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:22 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:I know this is a bit pointless, but right now I'm listening to the whole Strato discography all over again, and I just finnished with Fourth Dimention, and I think Lassila could really play and fit just great if brought back... besides, I wonder what would Summerian say if that original Strato member came back. :)
If Lassila decides to come back to Stratovarius, then he would just join Symfonia since that is the real Stratovarius.

I am quite sure that the new Stratovarius drummer will be progressive one and the band will be even less like the essence of Stratovarius that is now carried into Symfonia since they are not interested in the old style anymore. Which is why they must change the name.

It is of course very immoral and cruel that the guys have changed styles in such a way without warning fans, and I think they owe them all an apology for last two albums.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:59 pm

Sumerian wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:I know this is a bit pointless, but right now I'm listening to the whole Strato discography all over again, and I just finnished with Fourth Dimention, and I think Lassila could really play and fit just great if brought back... besides, I wonder what would Summerian say if that original Strato member came back. :)
If Lassila decides to come back to Stratovarius, then he would just join Symfonia since that is the real Stratovarius.

I am quite sure that the new Stratovarius drummer will be progressive one and the band will be even less like the essence of Stratovarius that is now carried into Symfonia since they are not interested in the old style anymore. Which is why they must change the name.

It is of course very immoral and cruel that the guys have changed styles in such a way without warning fans, and I think they owe them all an apology for last two albums.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gee whiz, why are you being so cruel? :cry:

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Sumerian wrote: If Lassila decides to come back to Stratovarius, then he would just join Symfonia since that is the real Stratovarius.

Are you trying to piss me mister? Are you trying to make me be like you, so you think you can change my point of view? Never try to convince me mister, I never try to sabotage myself, Can't fool me like you fool everyone else.

All those lies suit you. They are custom made to drive you out of reality. Lies are true for you. You know, what you do is reaching a point of insanity. When you wake from your dream you know what is true? :)
Tony Kakko

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:08 am

Sumerian wrote:

:) :) Hello angel, I'm the violent Strato fan!!! :twisted:

Sumerian

Post by Sumerian » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:22 am

If you two idiots disagree, then show me where my logic goes wrong. Otherwise, it is silly to quote songs from a band that probably would not exist without the inspiration from that guy which you both hate. :)

Otherwise, I am not going anywhere and I will stand up for the truth...

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:21 am

Sumerian wrote:If you two idiots disagree, then show me where my logic goes wrong. Otherwise, it is silly to quote songs from a band that probably would not exist without the inspiration from that guy which you both hate. :)

You're not standing up for the truth, what you are doing is causing strife between the fans who are still following the band, you are using this opportunity to try and point out why you think the current band sucks, you are being nothing more then a hurtful opportunist.

If all you were trying to prove was that you are an ass who kicks people while they are down well then congratulations sir you've done just that.
metal feeds the beast

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Sumerian wrote:If you two idiots disagree, then show me where my logic goes wrong. Otherwise, it is silly to quote songs from a band that probably would not exist without the inspiration from that guy which you both hate. :)

ok pumpkin...now I'm a vilent blind and idiot Strato fan!!!, I'm still counting.... :lol:
What a Tolkki follower!!! you carry his peaceful message, you're glorious!!

GROW UP TROLL

your logic is useless....by the way, becouse you're throwing shit in the wrong can, you are trying to prove something that none of us approve!...You believe that Tolkki is a PROPHET you moron....you defend his music not the men...you're one of those that in every Strato discussion says 95% of the composition where written by him, YES!!!, no one denies it, STRATOVARIUS LIVES IN 2011 BECOUSE IS THE RESULT OF THE ACTIONS OF YOUR MUHAMMAD, but you are insulting everyone in this forum, just becouse you suck TT balls, christ sake...is like talking to a wall!!.
You have to understand, no matter how much precious Timo Tolkkis' songs are (wich is the truth, he was an excelet composer and guitarist, his style is a monument for power metal), but I'm pretty sure that in the real life is kind of a DOUCHE. And stop speaking about his redemption, he plays metal for the money, like a work, he has to!...Look at him, he strarted to gave guitar lessons again, just becouse he doesn't sell records anymore, look at this forum, nobody HATES Timo, he just lost every spark of credibility, in every interview repeats the same crap over and over, 95% of Strato music, bla bla bla...nobody is denying it, NO ONE...this is THE TRUTH, A FACT. The reason why the actual band is still alive (don't come with another ofensive nonsense comentary), and selling quit well (in words of TT himself) is becouse no one is saying, "Hey!!...theres no Tolkki here!!! YOU BASTARDS!!!", HE IS NOT A PROPHET, HE MADE HUGHE CRAP IN THE FAN's HEADS over the years, AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO THAT, it is what it is, accept it or leave it.

Last comment: I'm better than you, you know why little pumpkin?...becouse I still bought the albums, I still go to the concerts, even Symfonia wich was just an Okey album and a pooooor show, I'm a Supportive men, I'm not throwing crap over Symfonias Forum, realize that, you are a very good troll, or an Very Inmature Egyptian Teenager (V.I.E.T new nickname!!)

A big hugh, you sunshine :oops:

Burning Reflection

Post by Burning Reflection » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:07 am

why do you waste your energy, guys? It is obviously one of the idiots on the this forum acting as somebody else again...