New Tolkki song!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
scorpions
New Tolkki song!

Post by scorpions » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:45 am

TIMO TOLKKI-YOU JUST DONT KNOW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrfBzv6y ... e=youtu.be

Not so happy words on this one :?

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: New Tolkki song!

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 am

"i'm tired with this heavy load".

Too easy. Too fucking easy. :lol:

Ladies and gentlemen, let the games begin. :)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:18 pm

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:46 pm

lol

At least that song is better and more original than all RR and Symfonia together.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Part of Timo is full of lying, cheating, behaving bad to his friends. But he also has a part which is absolutely beautiful and honest, which he brings into his music. This song shows that he's so depressed now. Timo Tolkki is a so difficult to understand person. Now I guess that Symfonia is over, and his music career is over, too.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:07 pm

:lol: facebook...

eh. what can i say? pizza is a vegetable.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:28 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:Part of Timo is full of lying, cheating, behaving bad to his friends. But he also has a part which is absolutely beautiful and honest, which he brings into his music. This song shows that he's so depressed now. Timo Tolkki is a so difficult to understand person. Now I guess that Symfonia is over, and his music career is over, too.
Nah, not necessarily. He can still write, produce, manage, and do many things with a music career. TT has many years of music left in him.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:42 pm

browneyedgirl wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:Part of Timo is full of lying, cheating, behaving bad to his friends. But he also has a part which is absolutely beautiful and honest, which he brings into his music. This song shows that he's so depressed now. Timo Tolkki is a so difficult to understand person. Now I guess that Symfonia is over, and his music career is over, too.
Nah, not necessarily. He can still write, produce, manage, and do many things with a music career. TT has many years of music left in him.
You're right. However seeing the advertising stuffs like "mixing an album for 500 EUR", "teaching guitar for 30EUR an hour" on his Facebook give me an impression that he's a little bit low now. Not in the "premier class" any more. Which is sad. Sometimes I don't like him, because he's cheating & lying, so I make fun of him (Jari is fired).
However I have to say that I still like part of him very much, the music part in him.

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 pm

it's a good song, nice lines

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:18 am

eternity_strato wrote:lol

At least that song is better and more original than all RR and Symfonia together.
Age of aquarius is a masterpiece!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:53 am

It honestly looks like he wants some attention and for someone to feel bad for him. Those hardcore fans of him will eat this up like candy, LIKE CANDY!
Maybe he saw the "In-Pizzadisium" picture and then recorded this? Sorry, don't be ashamed of eating pizza.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:37 am

robocop656 wrote:It honestly looks like he wants some attention and for someone to feel bad for him. Those hardcore fans of him will eat this up like candy, LIKE CANDY!
Maybe he saw the "In-Pizzadisium" picture and then recorded this? Sorry, don't be ashamed of eating pizza.

You may be right as well but I trully think that Symfonia is fucked now.He lost that band also,which means no more band for him. I still think that his music is the only place where he is honest.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 am

Rage1979 wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:lol

Age of aquarius is a masterpiece!
6/10

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:27 am

where is this information that symfonia is disbanded?
have any of the band members said they were disbanded?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:13 pm

icecab21 wrote:where is this information that symfonia is disbanded?
have any of the band members said they were disbanded?
While seeing this band nowadays, seems the same that happened with RR. It is always the same behaviour when talking about TT since 2004...no surprise.

Meanwhile in finland: http://es-es.facebook.com/pages/Timo-To ... 2668250238
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:51 pm

is there any actual information about them not doing further work together?

you guys do know people can do other things in their life than just be with a band 24/7?

plenty of musicians work on many things when bands are on a break. plenty even teach and provide other services while on tour.

if we go by" tollki is doing other things, therefore the band is broken" then the band kotipelto is also broken as kotipelto has been working with stratovarius.

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm

icecab21 wrote:is there any actual information about them not doing further work together?

you guys do know people can do other things in their life than just be with a band 24/7?

plenty of musicians work on many things when bands are on a break. plenty even teach and provide other services while on tour.

if we go by" tollki is doing other things, therefore the band is broken" then the band kotipelto is also broken as kotipelto has been working with stratovarius.
where's Luther Harkon's guitar? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:31 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:
icecab21 wrote:is there any actual information about them not doing further work together?

where's Luther Harkon's guitar? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

WTF!!!!You mean to tell me Luther has not got his guitar he won YET?!!!!!!Seriously?

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:33 pm

gnurt_gp wrote:where's Luther Harkon's guitar? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 am

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:09 am

Timo Trollki

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:44 am

:lol: I feel really sorry for him. :cry: :cry:

MetalNat

Post by MetalNat » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:44 pm

He "eats metal and shits chains."

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:12 am

:wink: You must have some compassion for the poor guy! :?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:46 am

MetalNat wrote:He "eats metal and shits chains."

Oh yeah? What else do you unclog, chickie?

:wink:

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:10 pm

Be tuned my friends! Soon there will be a scandal..uhuuh :roll:

gnurt_gp

Post by gnurt_gp » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Ilsekena wrote:Be tuned my friends! Soon there will be a scandal..uhuuh :roll:
It will be big. I don't necessarily feel good about it. Actually I feel sad. But anyway, this scandal will be big. I won't say anything myself. But sooner or later, I believe someone will reveal it.

ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ

Post by ÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Ilsekena wrote:
gnurt_gp wrote:
It will be big. I don't necessarily feel good about it. Actually I feel sad. But anyway, this scandal will be big. I won't say anything myself. But sooner or later, I believe someone will reveal it.
Good that she finally decided to tell the world about that.
Are you TT's close friend? or maybe you can read his mind? Don't believe everything what people write in the forums. The truth, as i told before, is not what it seems to be.

HUH!

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Apparently, Symfonia is no more. This was posted on the Finnish "Imperiumi" forum.

---
I don't know how many of you are interested in reading this and quite frankly, I dont even care so much, but I am just writing down some early morning thoughts regarding Symfonia and other stuff going on in my life.

As it turned out to be, it all started from a cake. I thought it might be some kind of a celestial joke and maybe it was, but when 2 fans handed me a Symfonia cake after the last gig of Symfonia's South American tour, after spending 3 nights in a 15 bucks cold motel with grey concrete walls looking like a prison in Santiago de Chile and flying 28 hours to another continent to play to audiences varying from 100 to 350, I started to think that maybe this really is it. The cake was in a funny way telling me:"hey Timo, don't you see:it's over".

And I started to really consider my whole musician's career. This happened in June.

Exactly a year before I had flown to Sweden to record 3 demo songs I had composed hoping to record some vocals of Andre. I spent there 6 days and from those days, I was able to squeeze about 6 hours of singing from him. In between going to supermarkets, changing diapers and me trying to solve some of their domestic disputes, I started to think if it was such a good idea after all.

But people liked the demos and I went full on producing the "In Paradisum" album to which I put around 1000 working hours. Andre Matos told me very clear that this band should not do any gigs if it doesnt make any money. I basically agreed but at the same time I knew that people would still consider it as a new band. Not "The Spartacus of Metal" where the gates of superstardom would open just like that. Uli Kusch had been in and out of band due to his hand injury and in the middle of vocal recordings in Sweden, he sent me a mail telling me he would never ever play any gigs in his life because "he was tired of piss smelling backstage rooms, the chaos, the travelling etc. In vain I tried to tell him that this was not what we agreed. He did tell me that if Symfonia would make a second album, we could use his name for 10 000 euros and use Alex Landenburg for the recordings. And after 10 minutes came a text message that he also wanted me to pay the taxes of his fee so it would total 13 000 euros for the usage of his name. I did not respond to that but I really found it hard to believe.

Then Matos lost his voice in the middle of the vocal recordings for 4 days and while hunting for cortison shots in the middle of the deepest Swedish countryside, I really started to think that this is not gonna work.

Well we got the vocals done, did the interviews and released the album. I still think it's a good album.

Also the Japanese earthquake messed the little touring plans the band had. Then Andre told me we could make a lucrative tour in South America booked by his manager. Apparently there was some mysterious investor that was in the game. I should have known better even hearing the word investor. I decided to do the tour and after flying 30 hours: Helsinki-Frankfurt-Rome-Sao Paulo we landed only to hear that the tour is cancelled. At that point I was already ready to buy a ticket back to Finland but they managed to make a settlement and we did I guess it was 6 gigs. It was the worst and heaviest tour I have ever done in my career.

Keyboard player Mikko Harkin developed high fever and lung inflammation that was bounding pneumonia.

While lying 2 days in Sao Paulo in Formula 1 hotel (the cheapest you can get there) in a darkness I was starting to really get doubts about my future as a musician.

When I got the sales figures from Edel Records and the report from the booking agency for the festivals of Summer 2012 I decided to call it a day. It didnt make any sense to try to "conquer" the metal world since it was obvious that there was not enough interest. Don't get me wrong, it's totally cool if there is no interest.

Then I thought about my career. Around 3000 gigs, 20 years, 20 CD's, productions, clinics, travelling. I realised that I have done a lot. I guess most of you know that I am suffereing from Bipolar Disorder, one of the worst mental disorders, but with medication and non stressful lifestyle, this illness can be controlled but never cured. Playing in a touring band is far from "non stressful lifestyle" and in fact the rock'n'roll life itself is manic with its highs and lows. In those long Stratovarius tours being undiagnosed with the illlness, I could have died. I am not kidding.

3.3 next year I will be 46. This autumn I made a decision to take some time off from music business and concentrate on something else. I have a wonderful wife and daughter, who also happens to be a world class singer. I started giving guitar lessons again. Im taking lots of photos. In other words, living quite normal life.

I do realize the marks the years have left in me and that I should rest and heal the wounds. There is a lot to heal. The music business is in extremely sick state in this moment and it's not gonna get any better. In a few years we will know what kind of form it will take. Maybe I one day take some part of it, maybe I dont. I really dont know at the moment.

So what about my future? If you are interested in that I can only say that it is possible that I will never record anything again. For some of you this might come as a relief. I don't know what the future will hold for me but I want to thank all of you who have supported me in these 22 some years. For you who havent supported me and continuosly are mocking me for example at Stratoboard (which makes me really sad mainly due lack of respect from a band that was my vision for 22 years and that still plays 80% of my songs although there is 2 guys left in the band called Stratovarius) I also want to thank you because without you guys, I could never have done everything I have done. It's been a great career. I hope the future brings more music but most likely it will not. But still after all I can say...I Did It My Way.

Hope to see you somewhere, take care of yourselves. -Timo
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:08 pm

:roll: Oh, Jesus! :roll: Did you get something in your box, too?
The point is not whether the RUMOR is true or not but rather, nobody is perfect---not even celebs/metalists. :roll: :roll: :roll: