New album 2012-2013?????????

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Empathica1928
Re: New album 2012-2013?????????

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:46 am

I'm more of this mentality: why, in a band where only two of the 'classic' members remain, do they continue to write so much great new music, only to play maybe one or two songs live, and force the new members to basically play covers of songs that were written 10-ish years before they even joined the band?

The songs these days are more tailored to TK's voice, and the two new guys (Lauri and Matias) have written some of the best material the band's seen since Infinite. Let the new Stratovarius shine instead of constantly revisiting the glory days of the 90s.

I love the hits, and I love most of Stratovarius's songs and it would be hard to actually disappoint me with a setlist of theirs given all the classics they have. But with this band, when Matias and Lauri have written so much great music over the past two albums, why are they getting shorthanded and not having their talented compositions played live?

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:21 am

The fact is that Stratovarius, was, is, will be Stratovarius. What we have seen after Elysium was Stratovarius as a supporter with a 10 songs' setlist every night... Of course if we talk about a Stratovarius Tour again, we can enjoy a 17 songs' setlist, which can combine perfectly a good and balanced setlist.

This kind of setlist make Stratovarius able to play classics and new songs. Of course with the setlist in 7 Sinners Tour, Strato had to choose a typical and classic setlist in order to try to satisfy the people and in the same time to try to say to the people "Hey, we're still here, with that songs that years ago amazed the metal scene". :!: :!:

Of course when there was 2009 they played from Polaris "Winter Skies", "Higher We Go", "Deep Unknown", "King of Nothing", "Forever is Today", then, for sure that in a headlining Stratovarius Tour we will see 1/3 of the show with Stratovarius "Polaris" and "Elysium" songs. :lol:

:arrow: The problem is that people isn't capable to wait... with two new CDs, there is no possibility to fullfil a show setlist, and there are amazing songs from the past. We have to wait for the new CD, that I am sure that it will be amazing! Then, we will be able to criticise the lack of new songs in a setlist, but not now, when we haven't seen a headlining Strato Tour since 2010 (before Elysium.)

Suggestions...
EDIT: Will we ever see Elysium played live? And I am not talking about playing one of the 3 different parts of the song, i talk about the whole song... Tavastia's gig was a good moment for it.

GEDIT2: About the balanced setlist, I have to say that I support playing old stuff and new stuff, but I think that sometimes we forget those killer songs of the old stuff... will we ever see "Learning To Fly" live ? Or "Millenium" again? Or songs like "Anthem Of The World"? Sometimes there is a need of old stuff, but with variety, there is a lot of old stuff to choose to play with the new one, not only BD, HHaL, Speed of Light, Eagleheart and Phoenix.

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:52 am

It's like I said, let's wait till the next album comes out and I'm sure we will have more new stuff in the set list, plus a great point was brought up their last tour they had to make a shorter list of songs to play.

Next tour there should be more room to include some extra new material.
metal feeds the beast

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:20 pm

WHAT THE FUCK? ILLUMINATION WAS A MY IDEA, I HAVE CREATED THE HOAX COVER OF THE ALBUM I HAVE CREATED THE SETLIST. WHO HAS TAKED MY IDEA AS HIS?

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:59 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:WHAT THE FUCK? ILLUMINATION WAS A MY IDEA, I HAVE CREATED THE HOAX COVER OF THE ALBUM I HAVE CREATED THE SETLIST. WHO HAS TAKED MY IDEA AS HIS?
I'M RETURNED, BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS CASTAWAY!!!!!!!????!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!ONEONEELEVEN!!!!1!1!1!!!!1111!!!!!

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:17 pm

KupiainenItaly96 wrote:WHAT THE FUCK? ILLUMINATION WAS A MY IDEA, I HAVE CREATED THE HOAX COVER OF THE ALBUM I HAVE CREATED THE SETLIST. WHO HAS TAKED MY IDEA AS HIS?
MEEE!!!!! :x

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 am

OK Do what you want with Illumination, but remember that is a my idea, so change the tracklist, Heavenly Divine and No Return was Fairness Justified and Event Horizon, the names should be changed if we want create this "fan cd" LOL
P.S. Can you speak ESPERANTO???

KupiainenItaly96

Post by KupiainenItaly96 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:23 am

eternity_strato wrote:
I'M RETURNED, BUT WHERE THE FUCK IS CASTAWAY!!!!!!!????!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!ONEONEELEVEN!!!!1!1!1!!!!1111!!!!!
LOL Anyway CASTAWAY is a great song

hiro23

Post by hiro23 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:49 am

Nope I'm irish :D
metal feeds the beast