New album 2012-2013?????????

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
WinterBlack
New album 2012-2013?????????

Post by WinterBlack » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:46 pm

In the interview before the DVD show, Timo said that the band is going to return in the studio in spring or so..............TELL-ME-THAT-IT'S-TRUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *goosebumps* :shock:
WinterBlack

finnlandia

Re: New album 2012-2013?????????

Post by finnlandia » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:10 pm

If he said then is true.

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 pm

That is very good to hear... :)
Tams

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Is Tolkki going to record the solos? :P

Just kidding, Matias is terrific and I'd love to hear another album from the band, for me Elysium is their best one!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 am

Yeah, that was said in that interview with Jörg too.

People, do you remember Illumination? That was a title appearing in wikipedia in the times when Elysium was not announced yet. Well, some days ago I entered wikipedia and I saw the title Illumination for 2012 in Stratovarius album list, next to Elysium :lol: . Then, it dissapeared. Don't know if it is somebody having fun or maybe it is a real working title? :?:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:56 am

RazielSR wrote:People, do you remember Illumination? That was a title appearing in wikipedia in the times when Elysium was not announced yet. Well, some days ago I entered wikipedia and I saw the title Illumination for 2012 in Stratovarius album list, next to Elysium :lol: . Then, it dissapeared. Don't know if it is somebody having fun or maybe it is a real working title? :?:
Do you mean this?

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumination_(%C3%A1lbum)

WinterBlack

Post by WinterBlack » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:09 pm

eternity_strato wrote:Is Tolkki going to record the solos? :P

Just kidding, Matias is terrific and I'd love to hear another album from the band, for me Elysium is their best one!
I hope that Jani Liimatainen is going to be a guest but not as singer, as LEAD GUITARIST and maybe also as a composer in one song.
Maybe there will be some acoustic songs recorded in some gigs by TK and JL :)
WinterBlack

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:46 pm

VictorTDD wrote:
RazielSR wrote:People, do you remember Illumination? That was a title appearing in wikipedia in the times when Elysium was not announced yet. Well, some days ago I entered wikipedia and I saw the title Illumination for 2012 in Stratovarius album list, next to Elysium :lol: . Then, it dissapeared. Don't know if it is somebody having fun or maybe it is a real working title? :?:
Do you mean this?

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumination_(%C3%A1lbum)
No, it was in the english wikipedia. It was an entry without content.

Anyway, jajaja I see the spanish one stills having that fake entry :roll:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:48 pm

WinterBlack wrote:

I hope that Jani Liimatainen is going to be a guest but not as singer, as LEAD GUITARIST and maybe also as a composer in one song.
And why should Liimatainen appear as a lead guitarist in the new Stratovarius album? In some bonus or something would be ok, but....¿?

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:52 pm

In my opinion I think Illumination would be a great title for a Stratovarius album!
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Huh! Once again some illuminations everywhere :shock: Oh dear, oh dear! No, please, noooooo!!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:36 am

Illumination would be an incredible Stratovarius album title, however I feel that won't be the chosen title.

I'm very excited to see where the band goes and I'm loving the direction they took on Elysium. At the rate Matias and Lauri are pumping out quality songs, this band's got enough energy to last with serious momentum for a long time. The title track on Elysium is one of the best songs I've heard in a long time. moar pls

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:11 am

It'd now be hilarious if the album was called Illumination because of this thread.

Seriously though, on the fake wikipedia page I'm seriously digging the name of the song Strato Nation. :P

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:23 am

I think they will release something in mid or late 2012, the band still creative and still productive, losing jorg is a hard punch in the stomach but strato needs to carry on.
A9

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 pm

adrian9 wrote:I think they will release something in mid or late 2012, the band still creative and still productive, losing jorg is a hard punch in the stomach but strato needs to carry on.
In fact, I think it is now when the band is more creative than ever. Matias, Lauri, Jens and Tk composing...it is amazing. The sales are going really well, they are touring a lot. It is their best era since visions days. Jörg is out, but it was "just" the drummer. There are tons of good drummers out there. Its gonna be interesting to see what's coming next.

stratowerner

Post by stratowerner » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:55 pm

WinterBlack wrote:

I love the Cain's offering album,but i think the style of writing music of Matias fits perfect for Strato.
He's not only a gifted guitarplayer but also a great songwriter :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:26 pm

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote:I think they will release something in mid or late 2012, the band still creative and still productive, losing jorg is a hard punch in the stomach but strato needs to carry on.
In fact, I think it is now when the band is more creative than ever. Matias, Lauri, Jens and Tk composing...it is amazing. The sales are going really well, they are touring a lot. It is their best era since visions days. Jörg is out, but it was "just" the drummer. There are tons of good drummers out there. Its gonna be interesting to see what's coming next.
my god I cant believe my eyes ..."just the drummer" jorg is a legend..
and..two albums is too soon to say that "they are more creative than ever"
lets wait at least one more record to even compare.
A9

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 pm

I guess the point was that now four guys create new songs for the band, instead of pretty much only one of them. I think it's alright to call that a significant increase of creative potential.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:57 pm

adrian9 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Let's see, I'm pointing that Jörg NEVER had a word to say about composing. It is a drummer, a musician, but there are a lot of drummers to replace Jörg and the quality of the songs won't be "affected" because of that, cause he was not the composer.

Timo Tolkki left, 98% main composer and the band stills there. Were you crying because of that? Yes, a little bit (me too), but then when you see the band creating new albums and excelent music...I can't see the problem.

So, tell me, why should we all now be crying to see Jörg leaving¿? Well, if you want to, you can of course, but I won't be here crying to see Jörg leaving the band, and more when I see that it was his decision. He is happy now, why should we be sad? It is sad, yes, but it last 5 minutes in me.

New things coming, that's all. He made his decision, that's all. Good for Jörg and thanks for all these wonderful years, but hey, lives goes on.

And yes, they are more creative than ever, mainly because there's more than 1 composer and they are now showing all their musical skills freely.

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:03 pm

adrian9 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:
tonto :lol: :lol:

Febo

Post by Febo » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:59 pm

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
RazielSR wrote:

Let's see, I'm pointing that Jörg NEVER had a word to say about composing. It is a drummer, a musician, but there are a lot of drummers to replace Jörg and the quality of the songs won't be "affected" because of that, cause he was not the composer.

Timo Tolkki left, 98% main composer and the band stills there. Were you crying because of that? Yes, a little bit (me too), but then when you see the band creating new albums and excelent music...I can't see the problem.

So, tell me, why should we all now be crying to see Jörg leaving¿? Well, if you want to, you can of course, but I won't be here crying to see Jörg leaving the band, and more when I see that it was his decision. He is happy now, why should we be sad? It is sad, yes, but it last 5 minutes in me.

New things coming, that's all. He made his decision, that's all. Good for Jörg and thanks for all these wonderful years, but hey, lives goes on.

And yes, they are more creative than ever, mainly because there's more than 1 composer and they are now showing all their musical skills freely.
Only fact is that we're at the gates of an album that'll come out to be radical, for good, almost for sure and since they've proved with Elysium how they're reloaded and revitalized.

I think that the quality of the songs COULD be affeced indeed, IF Koti and company don't make a good choice with the drummer they'll choose.

Even though Michael was never active as a composer, he was as important as the other four in terms of quality of their sound, identity, and live performances.

For example, ask Hammerfall or their fans if it is that they don't miss Magnus Rosén ;) Even though he didn't contribute with songs for the band, his playing style, skills and stage presence destroy Larsson's. And I believe many would wish he was still in the band, me included. Larsson "gets the job done"; while Magnus used to make a difference.

One must always support as a fan, but the new drummer will have to prove with facts that he's able to Fill Jörgie's not big but huge shoes, for Jörg did use to make a difference in Stratovarius, if you ask me.
New drummer must not only come to "get the job done" but to make everyone forget Michael is not there anymore.

Anyway, like you said... as long as the music is good, Stratovarius is pretty much alive and rocking. They couldn't have done better when they thought of Matias to replace Tolkki. Let's hope they make the right choice this time as well ;)

Personally, I can't wait to say Jörg "farewell" in a couple of weeks on their Mexico City show. I'll have to take a plane to see them, but shall be worthy, all for the pleasure of seeing him playing with Strato one last time :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Febo wrote:
I think that the quality of the songs COULD be affeced indeed, IF Koti and company don't make a good choice with the drummer they'll choose.

They couldn't have done better when they thought of Matias to replace Tolkki. Let's hope they make the right choice this time as well ;)
There you have the answer to your question. I really think that they will choose a really good replacement for Jörg. Of course, you can always be a bit scared about it, but I really trust in Jens, TK, Matias and Lauri, and I can't see them choosing the wrong drummer to replace Jörg. There are a lot of talented drummers out there.

About the "sound", that is something you will never have again. The same happened with Matias, you will never have TT's guitar sound again, but you have MK style that is incredible being different, as different as Stratovarius is now from Episode or Visions not that different, but it is different. The new drummer will have his own style and his own sound and that is normal. Nobody can replace Jörg sound in Strato, but there are a some drummers that can replace Jörg place in Strato. When I heard about Matias I said to me...WTF¿? Who is that guy? When I heard his solos, I knew it was the perfect replacement, and when I heard his compositions, I knew that was a new era for Stratovarius. The same happened when Jari left, who would say now that Lauri is not an enormous amount of talent while playing and composing and who wouldn't say now that Lauri gives a lot more to Stratovarius than Jari gave? He compose, he arrange, he does wonderful solos, he is a really creative and talented. He is involved in the whole Stratovarius albums process.

I mean, while we are here debating who and how the new drummer is gonna be, I suppose they are having a lot of conversations, watching lot of performances and thinking a lot about it. They are pro musicians with a lot of years making really good music, so they know better than us how to choose a replacement for Jörg.

Of course, they could be wrong, but I doubt it right now. We'll see.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:45 pm

picking a drummer that can play the stuff is a lot easier than picking the right drummer, they will find the right drummer and not any person who can pass a simple play the music test.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:00 pm

it is sad jorg leaving but im not gonna cry about that, yes there are many drummers that can play all strato songs but its not the same, that its why everybody can play stairway to heaven but it only means anything if it s jimmy page or led zep playing it.
im feel like this strato is turning into a cover band...(with all due the respect)
A9

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:05 pm

adrian9 wrote:im feel like this strato is turning into a cover band...(with all due the respect)
What makes you feel like that? A cover band - of the old songs, or what do you mean?

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:09 am

adrian9 wrote: im feel like this strato is turning into a cover band...(with all due the respect)
Then, its easy for you, you can always stop listening to Stratovarius and play the old albums. I will continue listening to this band, the same way people stills listening to a lot of bands that are having now changes or have had changes in other times. The same way people stills buying their albums and going to their gigs.

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:09 am

RazielSR wrote:
adrian9 wrote: im feel like this strato is turning into a cover band...(with all due the respect)
Then, its easy for you, you can always stop listening to Stratovarius and play the old albums. I will continue listening to this band, the same way people stills listening to a lot of bands that are having now changes or have had changes in other times. The same way people stills buying their albums and going to their gigs.
That depends on how good the music is :) If it is as good as Elysum I have no problem with that!

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:10 am

mocobhc wrote:
adrian9 wrote:im feel like this strato is turning into a cover band...(with all due the respect)
What makes you feel like that? A cover band - of the old songs, or what do you mean?
yeah , I mean it has been something done little by little, first they let go jari and enters Lauri, im cool with that, then TT goes and enter matias, is hard to digest but then again TT quits, so what are we gonna do about that, now is jorg leaving...this is like , wtf is going on with this people? it is simply not the same band I feel in love with, im not gonna stop listening stratovarius of course, I love their records, but to me is not so exciting as it could be with the classic line up. (im still hoping for a reunion)
that being said, jhon deacon (that is the bassist of queen) didnt participate in the recent queen events and prefers to stay retired because " no one can replace freddie mercury" also led zep call it quits when jhon boham died, an so on and on...now, can somebody sing like freddie or play better drums than jhon, probably, now, it would be the same feelin? I dont think so (with all due the respect to paul rodgers)
is guns and roses still guns and roses without slash, duff, izzy and steven? of course not...doesnt matter is axl is the best rock singer ever. its just not right...they will be together april this year by the way and im thrilled about it.
that is my point.
A9

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:19 am

Get what you mean, but I wouldn't totally agree.
Each of these lineup changes have a reason, mainly musical or/and personal ones. Both lead a band into disorder and block their musical progress.
A lineup change isn't necessarily a bad decision, but the question is on how you react or feel about it. If you look a the positive effects of it - if the direction they take after the change and the passion and performance they show afterwards still manage to satisfy you - you don't mind the lineup change but get to the conclusion that it's been a good decision after all. If just one of these parts doesn't fit for you, you'll always blame the change. That's ok cause no one can control such a reaction. But it's not the only possible way to react to it :)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 pm

While 'the voice' stays in the band, I will listen to this band. :P