2 questions (well, 3 actually)

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Was the self-titled album really that bad?

Yepp.
34%
No, I don't think so.
66%

Total votes: 44

Jabi
2 questions (well, 3 actually)

Post by Jabi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 am

I guess I could find answers to these ones by utilizing the search function, butt I can't be bothered right now. I hope you don't have a problem with that. If you do, **** you and see you in the next life.

1) Whatever happened to THE black guitar? Did Luther_Harkon eventually receive it? Or did it go to Santtu Lehtiniemi? Or did Tolkki just keep it to himself?

2) Where does the phrase "This is very, very bad" originate from? As far as I can recall, NeoTolkki used this a lot. Did the real Tolkki say it too? I could imagine that being a reply to a question like "How do you feel about people making fun of you on the Stratoforum?"

Thanks. :)
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

TimoToikki

Re: 2 questions (well, 3 actually)

Post by TimoToikki » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 am

Hi guys, NeoToikki™ here!
"I was in a photo session in Helsinki two days ago and while we were taking promotional pictures, someone stole my bag and one guitar, a purple Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck model. It is priceless. But what worries me more is that the bag contained a single master and the graphic master of the whole 'Saana' album [Tolkki's upcoming classical rock opera, 'Saana - Warrior of Light Part 1: Journey to Crystal Island']. I went to the police and filed a report, but they said that it is unlikely I will ever see them again. I just hope this person doesn't realize the contents of the bag. Unfortunately this will postpone the trailer release and I have to think what I will do now. This a very bad situation. Very bad..."
So I guess "this is very, very bad" is kinda a misquote. But somehow funnier, maybe. I don't know.

Oh, and I almost forgot...FUCK YOU!!!™

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 am

Can someone tell me if this is the real fake Tolkki?

Arnold Layne

CCCCCCCC
Location:I had 4 biscuits, then I ate one, now I only have 3

Post by CCCCCCCC » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:58 am

perv

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:10 am

I don't think Luther ever got the guitar. If he did he did not mention it, I don't think. ???

Like winning the lottery and having the Mini-Mart take it back. :roll:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

Verdades Parias

Post by Verdades Parias » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:22 am

though one...really.

For me is Half and a half: 1) 70/100 2) 00/100

best: Maniac dance, Fight, Back to madness, Zenit

Worst: JUST CARRY ON, United, Leave the Tribe (crap, tons of it)

mush_w

Post by mush_w » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:30 am

The goodness or badness of the self titled album is subjective.

Personally I think it's pretty good... though I don't like it nearly as much as other albums by the band.

I find Strato albums are like pizza - even if it's bad it's still pretty good.

Inventariado

Post by Inventariado » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 pm

Maybe the behind the scenes were difficult and the origin of the album itself was not luminous.
But even that they made it work. IMO the song Back to Madness is very good.
I think there's good stuff in this album.
Mariano

illpotro

Post by illpotro » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:09 pm

i like some songs of this album, and i want to hear maybe one song in the future tours....

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 pm

I like the album. Not their best, not their worst, I think it's okay. Would like to hear Maniac Dance played live.

Also, I won an eBay auction for a sealed limited edition digipak copy of this album. With shipping it only cost me about 8 USD. It arrived today. Awesome. :)

_Skylar_

Post by _Skylar_ » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 pm

Fight and Land of Ice and Snow were the only "ok" songs in that shitfest of an album IMHO.
Wonderlust!

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Naah, IMO that self-titled album isn't that bad. I like the songs "Back to madness" and "fight!!" quite much. "Gypsy in me" is the only shitty track imo, rest of them are ok.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:50 am

Argentinean futbolers wrote:Gorgonzola
A couple of weeks ago I was watching the news and on the screen came up the horrible newsflash that Spinetta had died in his house the very same day. I was tempted to cry. Just some days before that I was thinking that he was now a bit old and he should made a record to express his views on death and everything, as sort of a testament or a goodbye letter to all the people he had touched on his life. Either way, the disease didn't let him, or maybe he just wasn't worried. Who knows! I just KNOW that you were affected the same way I was and I want you to know that you have my condolences. Death is what keeps some people a step away from immortality.

For this post to have relevance on this topic, I will now post a dolphin.

---...---

Jabi

Post by Jabi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Jabi wrote: 1) Whatever happened to THE black guitar? Did Luther_Harkon eventually receive it? Or did it go to Santtu Lehtiniemi? Or did Tolkki just keep it to himself?
Ok, to answer my own question:
quoting Santtu Lehtiniemi, mayhem-for-all wrote:-Tolkki promised to pay me as "hired guns" usually are getting paid
-As they were running low on money I said I would like a guitar instead. In the end he gave me a used guitar that he was later trying to get away since he had promised it as a prize of a lottery to spain (now we know where it is/ may be :lol: ).
So apparently Luther was out of luck on this one.
OMG, they fired Jari! Bastards!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Jabi wrote:
Jabi wrote: 1) Whatever happened to THE black guitar? Did Luther_Harkon eventually receive it? Or did it go to Santtu Lehtiniemi? Or did Tolkki just keep it to himself?
Ok, to answer my own question:
quoting Santtu Lehtiniemi, mayhem-for-all wrote:-Tolkki promised to pay me as "hired guns" usually are getting paid
-As they were running low on money I said I would like a guitar instead. In the end he gave me a used guitar that he was later trying to get away since he had promised it as a prize of a lottery to spain (now we know where it is/ may be :lol: ).
So apparently Luther was out of luck on this one.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Incredible. Luther never received the guitar, as I said here a long time ago, he said that only TT knew where the guitar was. TT said to him that the guitar was having some kind of "repairs".

OMFG so the guitar finally is owned by Santtu :lol:

:D :) :( :o :lol: 8) :? :shock: :x :P :oops: :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 pm

I think the black album is quite good! better than Polaris actually. But not close as good as the classisc like Eysium is!

Beast_Pete

Post by Beast_Pete » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 pm

RazielSR wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Incredible. Luther never received the guitar, as I said here a long time ago, he said that only TT knew where the guitar was. TT said to him that the guitar was having some kind of "repairs".

OMFG so the guitar finally is owned by Santtu :lol:
Actually not even Santtu received it. That means, Tolkki still has the guitar.
"Mikor az utolsó véred is elfolyék,
S a tested is a porba hullék,
Akkor is van még remény,
Mert a lelked továbbra is él."

- Mark Swanson -
from the book, Nick's legend

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 am

As for the poll question, if it were any other band, I'd be happy about S/T cause it was a solid album. But we got used to expecting greatness from Strato, and S/T was pretty good, but not great.

All things considered, now that we are aware of the troubles those guys went through at the time, I think it's pretty fantastic that they managed to pull off such a respectable release. It goes to show how blessed those guys are.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:48 am

Just as I came into this thread, "United" came on. Hilarious. :lol:

Honestly, I love the self-titled album, and think it gets way too much flack. But maybe I have a soft spot for it because it's the album that brought Strato to the States for the first time!!!

Seeing them perform stuff like "Maniac Dance" and "United" puts a whole different spin on the song than the studio versions, too. :D And when I took my friend to the shows, she is not much of a metal fan but she *loved* "The Land of Ice and Snow". If you are not moved by watching them perform that song live, you have no soul. ;)