Stratovarius New Drummer - Peter Wildoer?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
GAGAGO
Re: Stratovarius New Drummer - Peter Wildoer?

Post by GAGAGO » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:12 am

:lol: :lol: And my opinion is that Idiots are IDIOTS and that there is nothing to do about that. The Earth is full of them.

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:05 am

GAGAGO wrote::lol: :lol: And my opinion is that Idiots are IDIOTS and that there is nothing to do about that. The Earth is full of them.
Glad that you graduated Saviour at the Internet Communities University of your bedroom.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:28 am

If you think the current Stratovarius is not interesting or original, I unfortunately must respect your opinion...
Later releases under the name Stratovarius are just using it for the sake of the trademark. Easier to get gigs, easier to get to put an album out, many things easier.
Who would have benefited if they had gone out of their way to make it harder to get gigs, harder to put an album out, harder to get publicity? What would be the purpose of such a destructive and senseless act?

Surely you don't believe they should throw away 25 years of work and start from scratch due to a relatively minor style change.

To my ears, Polaris sounds a lot closer to Elements Pt. 1 than Dreamspace, Fourth Dimension, even Visions. Its not as though they became a Jazz trio...

No one really complained that Stratovarius kept their name when Kotipelto joined. Its not a crime against humanity to keep your trademark.

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:59 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:If you think the current Stratovarius is not interesting or original, I unfortunately must respect your opinion...
Later releases under the name Stratovarius are just using it for the sake of the trademark. Easier to get gigs, easier to get to put an album out, many things easier.
Who would have benefited if they had gone out of their way to make it harder to get gigs, harder to put an album out, harder to get publicity? What would be the purpose of such a destructive and senseless act?

Surely you don't believe they should throw away 25 years of work and start from scratch due to a relatively minor style change.

No one really complained that Stratovarius kept their name when Kotipelto joined. Its not a crime against humanity to keep your trademark.
I'm not claiming it to be a crime against humanity, where did I say that?

I don't think that being honest to yourself and trying not to live from your past and step forward to other projects that don't involve such situations of questionable morality do not certainly mean that you throw away 25 years of work.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 am

valo_666 wrote: I'm not claiming it to be a crime against humanity, where did I say that?
Well, you wrote that they should split and that the current lineup is of "questionable morality". So crime against humanity was, you know, an embellishment to make a point.
I don't think that being honest to yourself and trying not to live from your past and step forward to other projects that don't involve such situations of questionable morality do not certainly mean that you throw away 25 years of work.
Well, even if it isn't throwing away 25 years of work, it is still (by your own admission) making it harder to get gigs and release albums...look what happened to RR.

I'm curious why you think the current lineup is of "questionable morality" when they did not change the name. And give an explanation that I cannot use to argue that:

a) Apple should have changed their name when Steve Jobs passed away

b) Stratovarius should have changed their name when Lassila was fired

c) Hewlett-Packard should have changed their name when they stopped selling consumer devices

d) NASA should change their name when its Space Shuttle program was terminated in 2011

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 am

valo_666 wrote:
Ilsekena wrote:
valo_666 wrote:Too much drummer for an already cadaveric band
Dear Realistic Human Being, explain this to me like I'm a Complete Idiot because I don't get it :?
Stratovarius is an absurdity with or without a new drummer, as long as they don't have Timo Tolkki in the core

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:35 am

I can't undestand what the fuck are you doing here writting in this forums if you think that Stratovarius is nothing without TT or that they should have dissapeared back in 2005.

Why don't you just stop following this band forums if you are not interested? Just to say they are nothing right now? Don't you think it is the label, the sales and the venues who should say that? The sales and people going to their gigs are answering to your "facts", so if you are not interested in this band anymore, let the rest of thousands and thousands of people enjoy their music. Just go away, do not waste your time, forget Stratovarius.
You could try going to Edel company and tell them: "Hey, this band is over without TT, there's nooo spirit!!!!" and wait for a response.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

I wrote in these forums because I joined pretty long before you and I loved the old days of Stratovarius. Aren't you ready to accept an opinion that doesn't agree with yours?... sigh...

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
valo_666 wrote: I'm not claiming it to be a crime against humanity, where did I say that?
Well, you wrote that they should split and that the current lineup is of "questionable morality". So crime against humanity was, you know, an embellishment to make a point.
Well, even if it isn't throwing away 25 years of work, it is still (by your own admission) making it harder to get gigs and release albums...look what happened to RR.

I'm curious why you think the current lineup is of "questionable morality" when they did not change the name. And give an explanation that I cannot use to argue that:

c) Hewlett-Packard should have changed their name when they stopped selling consumer devices

d) NASA should change their name when its Space Shuttle program was terminated in 2011
By naming these options it's obvious that you agree with me that the use of Stratovarius name is based on the trademark advantages. Stratovarius should mean something more than a money making enterprise...

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 pm

valo_666 wrote:I wrote in these forums because I joined pretty long before you and I loved the old days of Stratovarius. Aren't you ready to accept an opinion that doesn't agree with yours?... sigh...
Of course I do, but do you think it is not normal to say in 2012 that you don't accept the new Stratovarius because TT is not in the band? And to say it is a cadaveric band? I mean, that is more like a 2008 thing. It is an anachronism.
And that's because it's clear that you want to start a fight around here by answering the way you did in a topic about the new drummer. Well, it is your time, not mine, so keep posting whatever you want. At least they are using THEIR name, their trademark,their style, their skill, their talent to create music instead of creating one of the most stupid, fool, maniac and degenerate behaviours ever created...
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm

valo_666 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

By naming these options it's obvious that you agree with me that the use of Stratovarius name is based on the trademark advantages. Stratovarius should mean something more than a money making enterprise...
THIS IS SHOWBUSINESS! And everyone who's involved in it, somehow is a part of that big "money making enterprise".

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:46 pm

Well, I might have been misunderstood by the words I used for my first post in this topic. I never wanted to start a fight, really! The best I can do is apologize if someone feels attacked personally by my comments, which by the way is pretty sad, if you ask me. And by the way, I have the same rights to comment in this forum and expose my opinion as you, be it interested or not, so don't try to kick me out of here, my friend :wink:

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:57 pm

valo_666 wrote: so don't try to kick me out of here, my friend :wink:
Never. I didn't mean to kick you. I meant that is (in my opinion) a waste of time to enter to a forum from band that I'm not interested in. But well, maybe you stil interested in some way.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:06 pm

...they are using THEIR name, their trademark, their style, their skill, their talent to create music instead of creating one of the most stupid, fool, maniac and degenerate behaviours ever created.
This.

RckteerGZ

Post by RckteerGZ » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Alex Landenburg i'm quite confident he's going to be the on.
i mean, Peter could really do the job, since he already played power metal in the past with Time Requiem (Richard Andersson's band/project)but i don't see him right now in these horizons, Peter's more oriented to Darkane/Labrie's stuff now

it's still unclear in my point of view at least, could be even something really unexpected, like a new talent!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 pm

valo_666 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

The band does not need to justify keeping their name anymore than you need to justify not changing your name to Frank or Billy-Bob randomly one morning. If you believe they need to change their name, you must provide a compelling reason.

Since your sole argument hinges on some jibberish about immorality and money, you have no basis and are just repeating propaganda you heard from your friendly neighborhood "spiritual love guru".

I agree that money should not be the sole motivating factor for an artist. But that doesn't mean one should swerve to avoid it, like a pile of deer dung on an interstate.

Here is a picture of some poop on a road, just in case it strengthens my argument.

Nahu9keys

Post by Nahu9keys » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:59 pm

RckteerGZ wrote:Alex Landenburg i'm quite confident he's going to be the on.
i mean, Peter could really do the job, since he already played power metal in the past with Time Requiem (Richard Andersson's band/project)but i don't see him right now in these horizons, Peter's more oriented to Darkane/Labrie's stuff now

it's still unclear in my point of view at least, could be even something really unexpected, like a new talent!
Congratulations!!! Finally someone that talks about the real topic that i created after that discussion above...
valo_666, you make me laugh!! hahaha Please, don't "victimize" yourself, and if you really want to say your opinion, you're the first that have to learn to RESPECT....
"Too much drummer for an already cadaveric band" mmm... I don't like that phrase, i would prefered if you said something like "In my opinion Peter Wildoer is too much for Stratovarius, maybe they could search another drummer". But no, you started that in a bad way. And please, if anyone wants to write in this topic, please try at least to answer to the question "Peter Wildoer?" and not to write things that for sure will generate a great debate, in a wrong place...

PS: I'm scared, i think i'm going nechrophilic... i'm in love with 5 (4 at least) dead guys that make amazing music! :shock:

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm

Nahu9keys wrote:
RckteerGZ wrote:Alex Landenburg i'm quite confident he's going to be the on.

Congratulations!!! Finally someone that talks about the real topic that i created after that discussion above...
valo_666, you make me laugh!! hahaha Please, don't "victimize" yourself, and if you really want to say your opinion, you're the first that have to learn to RESPECT....
"Too much drummer for an already cadaveric band" mmm... I don't like that phrase, i would prefered if you said something like "In my opinion Peter Wildoer is too much for Stratovarius, maybe they could search another drummer". But no, you started that in a bad way. And please, if anyone wants to write in this topic, please try at least to answer to the question "Peter Wildoer?" and not to write things that for sure will generate a great debate, in a wrong place...

PS: I'm scared, i think i'm going nechrophilic... i'm in love with 5 (4 at least) dead guys that make amazing music! :shock:
I already apologized for the way I replied the first time. I'm not your girlfriend to say what you want to read, though :wink: Have a nice day!

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:17 pm

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
valo_666 wrote:
AAAAAAAAAA wrote:

The band does not need to justify keeping their name anymore than you need to justify not changing your name to Frank or Billy-Bob randomly one morning. If you believe they need to change their name, you must provide a compelling reason.

Since your sole argument hinges on some jibberish about immorality and money, you have no basis and are just repeating propaganda you heard from your friendly neighborhood "spiritual love guru".

I agree that money should not be the sole motivating factor for an artist. But that doesn't mean one should swerve to avoid it, like a pile of deer dung on an interstate.

Here is a picture of some poop on a road, just in case it strengthens my argument.

That is your truth against mine, I think they should not have continued. Problem? :)

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:21 pm

some people think the band should never have made music in the first place under any name, good the band makes their own decisions.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:31 pm

valo_666 wrote: That is your truth against mine, I think they should not have continued. Problem? :)
If you refuse to explain, then yes.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I think valo666 have a hard time accepting what happened to our favorite band, yes I miss the old days too (episode - black album) very very bad, and you can find 100000000 reasons why this stratovarius is not the band we feel in love with but the fact is that the guys moved on and we should too.
bummer dude.
A9

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:45 pm

Nahu9keys wrote:if anyone wants to write in this topic, please try at least to answer to the question "Peter Wildoer?" and not to write things that for sure will generate a great debate, in a wrong place...

P.S. Peter Wildoer. Jäjä! You see, I mentioned him. :)

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:54 pm

adrian9 wrote:I think valo666 have a hard time accepting what happened to our favorite band, yes I miss the old days too (episode - black album) very very bad, and you can find 100000000 reasons why this stratovarius is not the band we feel in love with but the fact is that the guys moved on and we should too.
bummer dude.
I think the 100000000 reasons are pretty much the point.
I just can't agree with an opinion based on the conviction that Stratovarius was what it was because of only one single person. That simply isn't true, no matter how often how many people state that. The band was and is more than a single band member (sorry for quoting Jörg here), otherwise everything TT would have ever done and will do in the future, no matter if alone or with other musicians, would neccessarily be Stratovarius as well, but it isn't, end of story. People always seem to forget that a band is by defintion a "group of musicians".

On topic, the more I think about the discussion and about the appreciation guys like Wildoer or Alex get (and deserve, don't get me wrong), the more I'd like to see them pulling a new talent out of the hat, like they did with Matias! No better chance for some talented youngster to surprise us, develop, get better and get a name and a reputation, and I'd like that :)

GAGAGO

Post by GAGAGO » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:57 pm

:) Well said!

There is one thing I can not understand! Why is this Tolkki-lover still here at this hated bands homepage. Why is he not at some page where he can sing Tolkki-praise all day long. So I will advice him to leave here as soon as possible. Or even better if he had done so looong ago!

valo_666

Post by valo_666 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:00 pm

GAGAGO wrote::) Well said!

There is one thing I can not understand! Why is this Tolkki-lover still here at this hated bands homepage. Why is he not at some page where he can sing Tolkki-praise all day long. So I will advice him to leave here as soon as possible. Or even better if he had done so looong ago!
Hated band? Tolkki lover? I'm still here because this is supposed to be an Stratovarius related community and not a what-remains-of-stratovarius praising place, or is it? I don't hate Stratovarius nor love mr. Tolkki, I just explained the things as I see them. If you don't like, deal with it! Thanks for the advice, which by the way, I didn't ask for.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 am

valo_666 wrote:I just explained the things as I see them.
You didn't explain anything. You just stated that Stratovarius should have split and that the current lineup is of questionable morality.

And I ask "WHY"??" and you say "its just my opinion".

If you really feel that way, I insist we have a discussion on it. Maybe I'll learn something.

RckteerGZ

Post by RckteerGZ » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:01 am

it's not like he can't fit for Stratovarius in that way, that would be actually some breath of fresh air, you know? it would some virtuocism actually to the band, due that Peter is also a great composer (he composedbig part of the Labrie's "Static Impulse" album)
but reality is different, he's actually busy, minding his own projects, Darkane, etc.

i really take 2 options as heavier, may it be Alex Landenburg, or may it be a new talent (i think it would be fair and refreshing)
i take myself in example; i'd like WAY MORE that stratovarius searches for a newcoming musician, where i could at least be participating in any way(auditions, demo sending, whatever) than keeping the same monopoly and recruiting an already famous guy (this is the imaginary case that Johansson leaves the band, for some reason, let's PRAY it will never happen).

RckteerGZ

Post by RckteerGZ » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:10 am

of course there's gonna be dudes that really have not moved along with the changes of the band, but what can WE do? as fans? not much, just adapt ourselved, and let's face it, 2009-actual stratovarius, has WAY more powerful sound (technically speaking) than the old era, the so called Tolkkivarius; now the'y ve grown up, if you want, we can say the have evolved! they didn't got stuck in the same 4 or 5 chord in guitar that we were used to with Tolkki...
we enjoyed the past era, we maybe have grown up listening to that, but it's time to face the change!

let Timo die and sink in his misery and lack of responsability, and it's gone! i think some of the Kupiainen haters haven't really the less idea of how virtuous he is; c'mon!

personally, i'm really glad Matias joined the band, and got off that fat son of a bitch called Timo Tolkki.

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 am

RckteerGZ wrote:personally, i'm really glad Matias joined the band, and got off that fat son of a bitch called Timo Tolkki.
hold on there son, timo tolkki gave matias a band to join on. so ...its very easy make wood out of a fallen tree... :?
A9