What would it take to get Stratovarius here,,,

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Southern_Stratofan
What would it take to get Stratovarius here,,,

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:24 pm

Good evening everyone,

As the title suggests, just what would it take to get a Strato gig here in lonely Australia?

Now I am perfectly aware of how bands need exposure & enough "financial" interest before they even think about touring in a new country.

I suppose I am wanting the opinion of our dear Mr. Johannson & how he thinks the band would feel about the possibility.

Power Metal (and the sorts) isnt terribly popular here, but we do have a number of music festivals that they could "possibly" take part in. The trouble is, the fans here dont have a loud enough voice to be heard.

FindYourOwnVoice

Re: What would it take to get Stratovarius here,,,

Post by FindYourOwnVoice » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:31 pm

I think they should just come and do a gig there in Australia :) why make things difficult? I'm sure that for a band such as Stratovarius it cannot be anything related to rocket science. Right? :roll:

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:38 am

Crash a Lord show or something :)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:21 am

I think Strato should find a way to play a show in Australia, and maybe even New Zealand. I know Stratovarius has fans in those places because there have been quite a few people from "down under" who have been on these forums through the years.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:36 am

It's not the band's choice where they play; if it were up to them I'm sure they'd come to every corner of the world where they had fans. It's up to the band's booking managers. If they can book a venue that is willing to pay them, then Strato will play there. And as Jens pointed out a very long time ago at this forum, traveling costs to some countries (such as the U.S. and Australia) are higher than what they actually get paid, so in these instances they take a chance of incurring a loss. But I'm sure Jens can explain this aspect of the music business much better than I can. :lol:

Maybe you should think about opening a Facebook page or some kind of site for fellow Australian fans; if enough of you rally together and contact the venues to show that there *is* an interest to see the band perform there, then you never know. There was a time when I was one of maybe 2 or 3 American fans on this forum and didn't think they would ever come here, but eventually someone must have seen that there are more Stratofans here than just that, and they toured here in '05, '06, and '09.

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:33 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote: Maybe you should think about opening a Facebook page or some kind of site for fellow Australian fans; if enough of you rally together and contact the venues to show that there *is* an interest to see the band perform there, then you never know. There was a time when I was one of maybe 2 or 3 American fans on this forum and didn't think they would ever come here, but eventually someone must have seen that there are more Stratofans here than just that, and they toured here in '05, '06, and '09.
I defintitely try to understand how its not feasible for musicians to play in certain parts of the world. Instead of stomping my feet & crying about it :lol:

Thats definitely a good idea, as foreign music (that isnt a super-mega-iron-maiden-metallica group) is very difficult to rally support for over here. Local bands will always get preference, which isnt a bad thing, but as I said makes it harder.

Its made even harder by the fact I absolutely DETEST Faceplant. But ill find a way, if it can be done, theres always a way.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:55 pm

It's up to the band's booking managers.
*cough* Jörg *cough*

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:44 am

Well, Nightwish just announced an Australian tour, so don't give up hope!

LauriPorra

Post by LauriPorra » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:09 am

I'm sure all of us would absolutely love to play Australia. Personally it has been my dream for years. Basically it takes a professional promoter who can book and arrange a proper show, enough money to fly the band and crew from europe to australia and back, accomodation and food for everybody and enough to be able to pay for our crew. If you check out the prices for flying 7-9 persons from finland to australia and back, you notice that it is a lot of money. This money is of course needed in advance so we can make it there. The best chance for us would be propably to do it together with possible shows somewhere near such as japan. We would still need to be able to make all the flights from and back to Japan, hotels and cost for the crew working for us. And i guess whoever would do the work of producing a concert likes to get something too. I too like to get paid sometimes for my work, but in case of Australia just like USA you usually end up paying for the possibility to play somewhere.

But thanks for your support. Spread the word and music of Stratovarius in Australia and maybe someday some promoter gets the message and is willing to take a risk of producing a show for us there.

But the again we work in showbusiness! Woooohoooooooo party funfunfun rocknroll.

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:49 am

LauriPorra wrote:I'm sure all of us would absolutely love to play Australia. Personally it has been my dream for years. Basically it takes a professional promoter who can book and arrange a proper show, enough money to fly the band and crew from europe to australia and back, accomodation and food for everybody and enough to be able to pay for our crew. If you check out the prices for flying 7-9 persons from finland to australia and back, you notice that it is a lot of money. This money is of course needed in advance so we can make it there. The best chance for us would be propably to do it together with possible shows somewhere near such as japan. We would still need to be able to make all the flights from and back to Japan, hotels and cost for the crew working for us. And i guess whoever would do the work of producing a concert likes to get something too. I too like to get paid sometimes for my work, but in case of Australia just like USA you usually end up paying for the possibility to play somewhere.

But thanks for your support. Spread the word and music of Stratovarius in Australia and maybe someday some promoter gets the message and is willing to take a risk of producing a show for us there.

But the again we work in showbusiness! Woooohoooooooo party funfunfun rocknroll.
Please bear with me as I try to compose myself. Actual members of my all time favourite band posting in my little thread is just...well...WOW for me. Im still getting used to it & I apologise for that Lauri.

Im extremely happy youre personally interested in playing here, and believe me I fully comprehend the gravity of what is required to get a band to play here.
So ill do my best to figure out the best method. My current opinion is to get Strato as a part of a line-up of a music festival, however I dont fully grasp what is involved in doing that specifically.

So if anyone (or perhaps the members of the band) would summarise whats involved that would be a great help. Then I can do research on current relevant trends here. :)

Stratoviking

Post by Stratoviking » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Just wondering how much Stratovarius
Take in money for à normal show
Maybe lauri knows

foerg

Post by foerg » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:43 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Well, Nightwish just announced an Australian tour, so don't give up hope!
Nightwish & Sabaton!

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:36 am

Australia is in the Pacific Ocean area the same as japan so maybe one day a very generous promoter may have the funds to send Strato to Australia at the same time as a Japan tour, and kill two birds with one stone!

You know what I mean. After Japan, then fly to Aussieland. It's really just a hop over there, in a sense.

Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 am

Please bear with me as I try to compose myself. Actual members of my all time favourite band posting in my little thread is just...well...WOW for me. Im still getting used to it & I apologise for that Lauri.
Yes, I remember feeling the same way the first time Jens or Tolkki answered one of my posts. :lol:

Thanks for clearing that up, Lauri! If I'd known you were going to reply in here I would have asked when you're coming back to the U.S.! :D

I probably scared you all off the last time. LOL. :err:

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:51 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote: Yes, I remember feeling the same way the first time Jens or Tolkki answered one of my posts. :lol:
To be blatantly honest, I would simply love for Tolkki to talk to me.

I probably sound like a jive sucker to many here, but I only see the good in him. And his work has been a massive inspiration to me, connecting with me in a vastly profound way.

I dont like my chances of him ever talking to me, but its nice to be hopeful.
Im searching for something. I do not know what, nor do I know what will happen when I find it.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Tolkki has always been cool to me; I have nothing against the guy myself, but no one is loved by all. That's just a fact of life.

icecab21

Post by icecab21 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:58 pm

money

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:05 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Tolkki has always been cool to me; I have nothing against the guy myself, but no one is loved by all. That's just a fact of life.
Speak for yourself.. :roll:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:07 am

Ah yes, I forgot you are the exception to the rule, of course. :lol:

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:21 am

Once you guys get rid of these fuckers maybe you'll get a chance.

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:54 am

Are Men at Work, and Tears for Fears still together? Those were 2 '80s Aussie bands that I loved! :headbang:

I know that's kinda off-topic but I just had to mention them. :)

Now I'll have nightmares after seeing that spider, I have Arachnophobia quite seriously. :shud:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:55 am

^Just scroll down really, really fast. That's what I did. And post in this topic as much as you can 'till we get to the 2nd page. :lol:

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 am

Ah, strato wouldnt be scared of spiders would they Jens? :)

@BEG: men at work arent as one died recently, as for tears for fears i thought they were British.
Im searching for something. I do not know what, nor do I know what will happen when I find it.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:37 am

Yeah, I think they are British, or one of them is anyway.

I've seen just as many men scared of spiders, but I'm sure that spiders fear Jens. :lol:

Southern_Stratofan

Post by Southern_Stratofan » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:58 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Yeah, I think they are British, or one of them is anyway.

I've seen just as many men scared of spiders, but I'm sure that spiders fear Jens. :lol:
News just in:

"Spiders in all of Australia nowhere to be found. In related news Jens Johanssen was mentioned coming to Australia."

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:07 pm

That's right! :lol:

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:38 am

If Jens exterminates spiders as he does mice all those funnel-webs will run to the hills in fear! :lol:

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:46 am

I wouldn't care if those creepy little bastards went extinct. Get 'em, Jens!

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:34 am

brought2ubyletterC wrote:
Thanks for clearing that up, Lauri! If I'd known you were going to reply in here I would have asked when you're coming back to the U.S.!
That's the thing--I'm doing my American page for the very reasons you and Southern_Stratofan are talking about here...but if they're losing money every time they travel to the U.S., then what I'm doing isn't gonna get them back here any quicker. I understand that it's more difficult and expensive to play certain places--it's just so frustrating because this is where I live and I can't afford to go to Europe or South America... :(
Tams

tpocain

Post by tpocain » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:01 am

[quote="Southern_Stratofan"
News just in:

"Spiders in all of Australia nowhere to be found. In related news Jens Johanssen was mentioned coming to Australia."

Image[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol: Good one! Thanks, I needed that! OK, OK, HERE'S one...

Tams