Jari Kainulainen is the new Masterplan Bassist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
mayhem-for-all
Jari Kainulainen is the new Masterplan Bassist

Post by mayhem-for-all » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:32 pm

http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_c ... s_id=18293
AFM Records had hinted to a new Masterplan line-up reveal a few days ago and now Masterplan has officially announced that Rick Altzi (At Vance, Thunderstone, Epysode) will be the band's new vocalist, replacing Jørn Lande, and Jari Kainulainen (ex-Stratovarius) will take over bass duties. The band is currently recording their new album to be released next year.

The band left the following message, without explaining much, on their official website: "The new members in the band are Rick Altzi on vocals and Jari Kainulainen on bass guitar! (Of course the website will be updated very soon...)."

adrian9

Re: Jari Kainulainen is the new Masterplan Bassist

Post by adrian9 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm

oh god that is great news, and i feel good for jari he deserves to be in a killer band like this
A9

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:03 pm

Jari Behm is the good Jari!

Empathica1928

Post by Empathica1928 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:34 am

What the hell is this? Jorn left again? After the awesome album that was Time To Be King?

God dammit.

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:37 am

Well the best thing is they never mentioned anyone leaving. First they just announced their new drummer and now this. Some sites thought the new drummer was just a session musician filling in for their usual guy but now it seems they fired almost the whole crew. Well at least we will get a new album next year and Rick is a good replacement for Jorn

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:08 am

mayhem-for-all wrote:Well the best thing is they never mentioned anyone leaving. First they just announced their new drummer and now this. Some sites thought the new drummer was just a session musician filling in for their usual guy but now it seems they fired almost the whole crew. Well at least we will get a new album next year and Rick is a good replacement for Jorn
i didnt bothered to check out rick, but i will now... is very difficult to step in jorn lande shoes.
A9

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:39 am

Is Jari Behm replacing Jari Kainulainen?

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:40 am

Well I know him from the Thunderstone album called Dirt Metal. I think that album is quite underrated. I Almighty and Deadlights are such great songs and the long bluesy Suffering Song. And yes he has a bit of a bluesy voice.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:38 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Well I know him from the Thunderstone album called Dirt Metal. I think that album is quite underrated. I Almighty and Deadlights are such great songs and the long bluesy Suffering Song. And yes he has a bit of a bluesy voice.
Maybe Thunderstone can get Pasi Rantanen back now. He was a far superior vocalist to Rick (No offense to Rick either)
They let us have signatures on this forum???

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:20 am

Maybe Thunderstone could now do anything at all. They have been silent for almost 3 years now. I think they should let Jukka focus on Status Minor (which is a lot better band than Thunderstone) and get another keyboardist.
Well sure their drummer has been busy making money by selling music for children and Nino has been busy producing modern masterpieces but I think it is soon time for a new album.

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 pm

eternity_strato wrote:Jari Behm is the good Jari!
Can he speak 32 languages fluently?

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 am

Ilsekena wrote:
eternity_strato wrote:Jari Behm is the good Jari!
Can he speak 32 languages fluently?
45 according to my records. And still play fucking bass damn good.

joteke

Post by joteke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:55 pm

mayhem-for-all wrote:Maybe Thunderstone could now do anything at all. They have been silent for almost 3 years now. I think they should let Jukka focus on Status Minor (which is a lot better band than Thunderstone) and get another keyboardist.
Well sure their drummer has been busy making money by selling music for children and Nino has been busy producing modern masterpieces but I think it is soon time for a new album.
I thought the drummer is studying to be a practical nurse and does music stuff for what time is left (based on his FB public feed which I subscribe to). He hasn't been in HeviSaurus activities since 2011 due to arguments (intellectual property) about the rights to the saurus characters.

He had another music for kids- band for a while in 2011-2012 but that was stopped by a threat of legal sanctions (same IP argumenting, he used same characters) so they stopped the whole thing. I thought NL was also involved since he was also in the HeviSaurus stuff (still probably is). I don't know, however, how does this impact on Thunderstone future (I don't know these guys personally).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hevisaurus

eternity_strato

Post by eternity_strato » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:36 am

Do Masterplan play again live "March of time" like they did in Leipzig last year with Kiske?

Krigo

Post by Krigo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:46 am

Disappointing that Jorn left again, but when I emailed Roland Grapow back earlier this year: He wasn't too sure if Jorn Lande was still going to be in the band, as he was busy with Jorn.

I have a lot of hope for this new Masterplan, so I'm willing to accept that Jorn isn't in it.