Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
brought2ubyletterC
Re: Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 am

Unless they are flaming? I imagine a gay dragon would be pretty fierce!

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Unless they are flaming? I imagine a gay dragon would be pretty fierce!

LOL! :lol: Sickening
SHINE ON!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:32 pm

brought2ubyletterC wrote:Unless they are flaming? I imagine a gay dragon would be pretty fierce!
I wouldn't get a blowjob from them.

AGAG

Post by AGAG » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:20 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
That was my opinion on dogs before meeting the RIGHT dog. Never say never :)
---...---

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:25 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Why not, it would be pretty hot! :lol: :twak:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

VictorTDD

Post by VictorTDD » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:08 pm

10 - Fireborn (Special Edition Bonus Track)
11 - Hunter (Special Edition Bonus Track)

09 - Kill It With Fire (Japan Bonus Track)

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:08 pm

VictorTDD wrote:10 - Fireborn (Special Edition Bonus Track)

Powerful Track Names, obviously Dragonbo...ehm! Fireborn and Playiiiiiiiing With Fireeeee, Fir.... okey... I must say Kill it with fiiiiiiiire!

I really liked the bonus tracks on Polaris and Elysium: Second Sight was very modern and fresh, on the other hand "Hallowed" and "Last Shore" were good midd-tempo compositions (not as good as the other tracks on Elysium) and CastAway was a song to be on Elysium album.

The greatness of the thing is that we will have 14 tracks released to enjoy and listen, one thing that has not happened since the Dreamspace one (taking into account that this is album + bonus tracks)

Ilsekena

Post by Ilsekena » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:20 pm

VictorTDD wrote:10 - Fireborn (Special Edition Bonus Track)

Now you see, its all about ME! ^___^

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:23 am

VictorTDD wrote: 09 - Kill It With Fire (Japan Bonus Track)
:lol: Nice title!

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:16 am

Sweet! Bonus tracks!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:38 am

Let's hope the bonus tracks won't end in a vinyl version...PLEASE.
Anyway, is there some info from the artwork for the special edition?
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:17 pm

RazielSR wrote:Let's hope the bonus tracks won't end in a vinyl version...PLEASE.
Anyway, is there some info from the artwork for the special edition?
I am hoping for least some samples soon as well
SHINE ON!

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:12 am

I really hope they've figured out that we buy albums to hear fast songs and shredding, and not Kotipelto croon for 6 minutes on 3 different songs. I was talking to a record company exec. about this a few weeks ago and he said he questioned whether or not a band could call themselves metal if they had more than 1 ballad on an album. I'm not going to hate the new album if it has 2-3 ballads as per the usual, but I would seriously enjoy them wising up and just giving us faster or at least mid-paced songs. Stratovarius has released every point on the ballad spectrum from pretty good/great (Forever) to absolute garbage (Fantasia, Mother Gaia or 4000 Rainy Nights). I remember when I was reviewing Elysium and thinking "these are good ballads, maybe they'll stick", and even though they're good ballads, this band, and especially this singer, is just not right for that kind of song. I mean, I even challenge the readers to, without looking at Elysium, name the ballads that were on the album, no need to post your results, but I'd bet a good number of you couldn't name them if you were put on the spot.

Especially enraging is that perfectly good bonus tracks are cut to make room for these wretch-fests.

</rant>
They let us have signatures on this forum???

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 am

Rebel wrote:Mother Gaia
Speak for yourself. I love that song :)
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:23 am

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Love it all you like, I think Kotipelto sounds awful when he croons. Even if you love it, there's no need for more ballads. I've seriously never encountered a critic, fan, or listener who has ever said "You know what this metal album needs is more ballads". But evidently lots of musicians feel that way

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:49 am

Rebel wrote:
HinatAArcticA wrote:
Love it all you like, I think Kotipelto sounds awful when he croons. Even if you love it, there's no need for more ballads. I've seriously never encountered a critic, fan, or listener who has ever said "You know what this metal album needs is more ballads". But evidently lots of musicians feel that way
From Mother Gaia what I like the most are the instrumental parts. For some reason I think of it like Elements' little sister song :)

As for the rest, I agree that one ballad is more than enough on a metal album. Now... mid-tempo songs, I think the album should have the most of those. Because they charge you up for the fast double-bass songs, which are usually the highlights. But too many fast songs... and you end up with a 2003 DragonForce record...
Tony Kakko

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:DragonForce record...
StudioForce.... :roll:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 pm

I for one love every Strato ballad out there. Especially Move The Mountain and Fairness Justified. TK's voice for me is better to sing in those ranges in stead of higher than high notes and agressive stuff that he cannot pull off in a live setting anymore.

Of course I love the Unbreakable kind of songs and heavy songs should definitely reign on a metal album. But to just say they shouldn't do ballads anymore, while in recent years their ballads have become increasingly powerful and good is a bit overenthousiastic I think.

*plays Fairness Justified, sits back and listens in a trance*

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:21 pm

HinatAArcticA wrote:
Amen! So do I. I like 4000 Rainy Nights, too, a good lost-love song.
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:34 pm

I like almost all the ballads from Stratovarius. I don't see a problem having some ballad, it's typical in the metal scene. What I'd like is to hear is more mid tempo songs with the style of Eternity for example, or at least not so many fast songs. I think this album will be something like that. And yes, TK feels better singing not as high as he used to sing. I think everybody can hear that. I think he is singing now the way he wants to sing, and that's really important.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:47 pm

I hope it's a 2 CD set of monster ballads. How are you supposed to make love with the music on if it's fast songs and shredding? Listen to Kotipelto croon while taking off all of your clothes.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:24 pm

I'm known for not particularly liking ballads in special, but still they're an important part of music, and Stratovarius music even more, so I wouldn't want them to spare that kind of song just because it's already been done up to a level of perfection or because "there's no need of more ballads" - sometimes ballads just add to make an album a whole and round piece of work. Take Elysium as an example, the ballads build a neccessary counterweight to the faster and heavier songs - this balance is one of the reasons why this album is so great to listen to as a whole. And Rebel, why on earth shouldn't TK be the right singer for ballads? There's not many vocalists who can put as much feeling and expression into singing ballads as he does ???
RazielSR wrote:I think he is singing now the way he wants to sing, and that's really important.
Well said.

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 pm

Thw whole thing makes me laugh!

For god's sake, Stratovarius has always released ballads, and perhaps for a person that only needs Metal to headbang and to broke his/her neck the best is "Father Time" and only double bass drumming but for a musician, if he wants to release a balanced and solid metal album (and if we are talking about Stratovarius, a power/melodic metal album) has to balance fast tracks, with mid-tempo tracks, and obviously ballads.

And, just to add, Stratovarius has always composed good ballads: starting with Lead Us Into The Light, Tears Of Ice, Forever, Coming Home, Before The Winter, 4000 Rainy Nights, Years Go By, Celestial Dream, the long Mother Gaia, Will My Soul Ever Rest in Peace?, Dream With Me, Keep The Flame, Papillon, Into Deep Blue, A Drop In The Ocean, Season of Faith's Perfection, Luminous, The Land of Ice And Snow, Somehow Precious, When Mountains Fall, Move The Mountain... hey, and I am not putting into it Winter Skies or Fairness Justified for having a heavy midtempo style and powerful chorus...

If you want to have a balanced album, in Power Metal, you must put a ballad track, and that's what a professional band want to release, a mature, solid and balanced album.

I hope that this CD will bring mid-tempo songs, the treasure in every Stratovarius album is always the mid-tempo song! ; )

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Shogakat wrote:Thw whole thing makes me laugh!

For god's sake, Stratovarius has always released ballads, and perhaps for a person that only needs Metal to headbang and to broke his/her neck the best is "Father Time" and only double bass drumming but for a musician, if he wants to release a balanced and solid metal album (and if we are talking about Stratovarius, a power/melodic metal album) has to balance fast tracks, with mid-tempo tracks, and obviously ballads.

And, just to add, Stratovarius has always composed good ballads: starting with Lead Us Into The Light, Tears Of Ice, Forever, Coming Home, Before The Winter, 4000 Rainy Nights, Years Go By, Celestial Dream, the long Mother Gaia, Will My Soul Ever Rest in Peace?, Dream With Me, Keep The Flame, Papillon, Into Deep Blue, A Drop In The Ocean, Season of Faith's Perfection, Luminous, The Land of Ice And Snow, Somehow Precious, When Mountains Fall, Move The Mountain... hey, and I am not putting into it Winter Skies or Fairness Justified for having a heavy midtempo style and powerful chorus...

If you want to have a balanced album, in Power Metal, you must put a ballad track, and that's what a professional band want to release, a mature, solid and balanced album.

I hope that this CD will bring mid-tempo songs, the treasure in every Stratovarius album is always the mid-tempo song! ; )
+1

Also, I just heard Umbreakable on YouTube, and... I don't like the mix :?
Timo sounds so far away in the background. I can bearly listen to him... I hope is just a YouTube thing being low quality, because the voice is almost lost from what I can hear there :?
Tony Kakko

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 pm

Everyone knows I've always been fond of the Stratoballads, and can't wait to hear the new ones.

crostrato

Post by crostrato » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Shogakat wrote:Thw whole thing makes me laugh!

I Love you.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 pm

"Balanced" is extremely overrated in power metal. Having heard a LOT of the genre, there are a ton of great metal albums without ballads, and a ton of bands, Rhapsody of Fire is another one, that insists on releasing absolutely awful sounding ballads. It just boggles the mind.

If you want to know why I say we don't need balance, hear "A Flame to the Ground Beneath" by Lost Horizon.

I do agree about the mid-tempo stuff, this is a much more effective way to play to Kotipelto's strengths and break up fast songs on an album, than completely forgettable ballads.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:24 am

Keep the tendency of an album with no ballads and we'll end up with a power metal-ish Reign In Blood. As much as I love Slayer and that album, there are bands that are meant to be like that, but Stratovarius has proved us over the years that the perfect combination of fast, mid and slow songs is what works for them. Besides, as far as we know, there is only one ballad in this album, and it appears nearly at the end of the CD, so why start whining about something we barely have info about?
|StratoFan Forever|

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 am

Rebel wrote:completely forgettable ballads.
The problem is that we all have very different definitions of what that means.

What if Nemesis happens to have the two best ballads you've heard in your life?

If they didn't make them, you could never know.
Tony Kakko

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 am

Jeez, it's not like we're in the era of vinyl or cassette anymore; if you don't like the ballads, just skip over them or don't put them on your playlist. Simple as that.