Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Texidor
Re: Nemesis Tracklisting and Artwork Released!

Post by Texidor » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:20 pm

VictorTDD wrote:Taiwan Edition

Artist: Stratovarius
Title: Nemesis
Release Date: 2013.02.08
Album Form: Full-Length
Format: CD
Label: Magnum Music
Catalogue Number: 0208536ERE
Bar-Code: 4029759085362

That is a very cool layout! I can't wait to receive mine and to my delight the Strato-ship does make an appearance. I knew they would not get rid of it!
SHINE ON!

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:00 pm

Texidor wrote:
VictorTDD wrote:Taiwan Edition

Artist: Stratovarius
Title: Nemesis
Release Date: 2013.02.08
Album Form: Full-Length
Format: CD
Label: Magnum Music
Catalogue Number: 0208536ERE
Bar-Code: 4029759085362

That is a very cool layout! I can't wait to receive mine and to my delight the Strato-ship does make an appearance. I knew they would not get rid of it!

:shock: nice! seems I have to order that edition on top...
And I'd love to have such a giveaway :cry:

But dammit, I finally want to hold the booklet in my hands :x still more than a week to go

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Rebel wrote:and one of the bonus tracks features lyrics from Kotipelto and either the Finnish conductor Osmo Vanska, or the former-Nightwish Bassist Sami Vanksa. All I have is the last name Vanska.
The album has a production assistant credit to someone named Perttu Vänskä. Probably made some suggestion in the studio they took.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:32 pm

just heard the two bonus tracks. IMO they made the right choices with what to put on the album and what to make a bonus track.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:35 pm

Couldn't agree more. :)

Really curious for Kill It With Fire though. The sample sounded awesome.

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 am

Rebel wrote:just heard the two bonus tracks. IMO they made the right choices with what to put on the album and what to make a bonus track.
I agree as well, the cohesiveness of the album is extremely strong! But I must admit Hunter is shreds! The guitar/key solo and choir arrangements are incredible ! Now bring on Kill it w/ Fire!
SHINE ON!

mayhem-for-all

Post by mayhem-for-all » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:07 pm

I haven't exactly followed the discussion on Stratoforum for a while but I while I was just going to make my preorder for Friday I noticed an alternative tracklist that might intrest you
http://www.levykauppax.fi/artist/strato ... emesis/#cd
1. Abandon
2. Unbreakable
3. Stand My Ground
4. Halcyon Days
5. Fantasy
6. Out Of The Dog
7. Castles In The Air
8. Dragons
9. One Must Fall
10. Fireborn (Bonus Track)
11. Hunter (Bonus Track)
12. If The Story Is Over
13. Nemesis

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 pm

That song is limited to 500 copies and features TK barking the chorus.

HoldenCaulfield

Post by HoldenCaulfield » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:01 pm

Dear Nemesisfans,

It is said that the original name of the song was Out Of The Dog. Due to copyright problems the name was changed to Out Of The Fog.

Greetings from The Land Of New Flop. I took a picture of Arnold Layne with my Canon Powershot 2013.

-HC

Arnold Layne

Post by Arnold Layne » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 pm

I, Arnold, would like to provide a gentle reminder that the camera adds 10 pounds.

Regards,
Arnold Layne

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:40 am

Just got my album. Kill It With Fire is a good, classic Stratovarius song. It has a very funny keyboard solo.
The Japanese edition also features a special tour/studio photo booklet with an alternative cover for Nemesis. Basically it is the last page from the Taiwan edition lyrics booklet, the one with the Strato-ship. It would've been so much better if this was the main cover. And alas, the "angel" is indeed printed on th disk front...

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:11 am

A very funny keyboard solo?!? Please elaborate.

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 am

R.F. wrote:The Japanese edition also features a special tour/studio photo booklet with an alternative cover for Nemesis. Basically it is the last page from the Taiwan edition lyrics booklet, the one with the Strato-ship. It would've been so much better if this was the main cover. And alas, the "angel" is indeed printed on th disk front...
I got my Japan edition today...it does not have this sweet cover in it anywhere :( It has a booklet with normal cover + the lyric stuff same as Taiwan edition (but with bonus track lyrics), and a black and white Japanese lyrics booklet. No fair!

R.F.

Post by R.F. » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am

bockrocker wrote:
R.F. wrote:The Japanese edition also features a special tour/studio photo booklet with an alternative cover for Nemesis. Basically it is the last page from the Taiwan edition lyrics booklet, the one with the Strato-ship. It would've been so much better if this was the main cover. And alas, the "angel" is indeed printed on th disk front...
I got my Japan edition today...it does not have this sweet cover in it anywhere :( It has a booklet with normal cover + the lyric stuff same as Taiwan edition (but with bonus track lyrics), and a black and white Japanese lyrics booklet. No fair!
Are you sure you checked everywhere? When you unfold the box, there are two sockets. In the one to the left there are two lyrics booklets, one of which is black and white. The special booklet is in the socket to the right.

bockrocker

Post by bockrocker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:23 am

Oh you are right, I missed that. Sneaky!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Can't wait to receive my Japan copy!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

I got my CD just about a hour ago. And oh, i got a Stratovarius Nemesis cap as the bonus. :lol:

I just listened first song and here is a little review from me. Can't say much coz I have listened the whole CD only once. It's not wrong to say that this album is the best Stratovarius since Destiny. Solos, vocals, everything is good in this album.

Abandon. It's very nice, semi fast song.

Unbreakable is already very familiar song. After i got single cd I have listened it a lot and I have to say that this song just gets better and better.

Stand My Ground is a bit heavier Stratovarius song. This song sounds very fresh. I hope that they'll play this song live when they come to Lutakko next month.

Halcyon Days. Well, what can I say. This song kicks ass! It sounds like a more progressive style of song. Middle part of this song is weird, in a good way. This would be also nice to hear live. To me this is the best song in the album. At least for now ;)

Fantasy is very easy song to listen. Nice chorus and good quitar riffs. Not bad at all.

Out Of The Fog. I thought this song is made by Jens. Somehow reminds the style of his songs. :D Chorus are best part of this song.

Castles In The Air. First seconds my thoughts was that "ah, another Keep the flame kind of song" but then I was amazed. This is one of the best songs in the album and not at all like Keep The Flame. Don't get me wrong, Keep The Flame is excellent ballad but I think that it's a waste of time to trying to create a replica.

Dragons. I can't say that do I like this song or not. Melody is good but there is something what I can't get. Maybe this song will open up to me when I listen it more. :roll: Weakest link of the album.

One Must Fall. Relaxing song or at least it makes me relaxed. :D

If The Story Is Over. Very beautiful song. This song makes a good mix in this album. Heavier part in the end of the song is good. This would be very nice to hear live.

Nemesis. I like what Matias is doing in his songs. This song is heavy, kind of a progressive song. Nice song to end the album.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm

I had the same thing with Dragons but you're right, after more listens it will open up. I love it now.

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:47 pm

That happened to me with Castles in the air and at the second round I loved the song. You know, that's normal! there's always some song that you don't like that much. The "problem" is that in this album I can't find ANY song that I dislike.

WHAT A MASTERPIECE!!!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:50 pm

I received both the CD (the Digipack - my Japanese Edition takes some more time via Airmail...) and the 2 LP version

... AND IT GODDAMN SUCKS HAVING THE LPs WITH OLD MAN AND THE SEA, BUT NOT BEING ABLE TO LISTEN TO IT

The Old Man... lyrics seem to be wonderful :cry: AND Tuomas Wäinölä on guitar :luv1:

And I finally got the hear the other bonus tracks - really awesome, too! Fireborn has a very interesting intro, especially the drumming and keys, and Hunter is an overall very cool song, I love the guitars and of course the choir parts are absolutely amazing! Well, and Kill It With Fire is just wow! What a keyboard solo 8) :lol:

Betlodocus

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:58 pm

bockrocker wrote:Image
If I recall, this was supposed to be originally the cover of the album. I dunno why they changed it and replaced it with the woman flying destroying the city...

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:14 pm

RazielSR wrote:That happened to me with Castles in the air and at the second round I loved the song. You know, that's normal! there's always some song that you don't like that much. The "problem" is that in this album I can't find ANY song that I dislike.

WHAT A MASTERPIECE!!!!!
Indeed. You are right. There is always songs wich won't open up when you listen it first. But now, after listening Dragons couple of times it's good song. Not as "weird" what it was at first. :lol:

This album definetly is the best Stratovarius album since the 90's golden years. :)

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 pm

Skyggeboy wrote: This album definetly is the best Stratovarius album since the 90's golden years. :)
For me it is, without any doubt, the best since Visions and this one is the same level or almost with Episode and Visions.

Elz

Post by Elz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 am

this is what i got today !Image

Tero-75

Post by Tero-75 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:01 pm

Well this is what I've got during last weeks :P

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:20 pm

Can't hear the pictures :(

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:48 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Skyggeboy wrote: This album definetly is the best Stratovarius album since the 90's golden years. :)
For me it is, without any doubt, the best since Visions and this one is the same level or almost with Episode and Visions.
Yep yep. This is a masterpiece and it gets better and better every time when I listen it. :music: I love it!

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Well what do ya know, the terrible artwork IS by Guyla Ha..v..a... that Hungarian guy. They shoud've used that Nippon special edition as the "default" art.

Elz

Post by Elz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Am I the only one who thinks nemesis artwork is one of the bests strato-artworks ?