HALCYON DAYS HERE !

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
Elz
HALCYON DAYS HERE !

Post by Elz » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 pm

http://www.bravewords.com/news/197077 !!!! its here ! BEST STRATO SONG EVER!

edit: holy fucking shit just listened it few times.. i just can't fucking believe this !! . so heavy and fresh sound and oh... WTF ITS BEST STRATO SONG EVER !

thefreeone

Re: HALCYON DAYS HERE !

Post by thefreeone » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Elz wrote:http://www.bravewords.com/news/197077 !!!! its here ! BEST STRATO SONG EVER!
listening, sounds pretty good

Raven

Post by Raven » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:09 pm

SHIT!

FUCK!

COCK!

:shock:

thefreeone

Post by thefreeone » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:17 pm

thefreeone wrote:
Elz wrote:http://www.bravewords.com/news/197077 !!!! its here ! BEST STRATO SONG EVER!
listening, sounds pretty good
it feels like im listenign to some anime intro song.

FUCK i like it

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

the hell that song is catchy...lovin it so far
also may i spolight the chances they took in production arrangments? like that double track TK voice with a little distortion, and the keyboards a là rave party sound? and what about the epicness of that choir?
A9

curlycare

Post by curlycare » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Now this is an amazing song! :shock:

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:55 pm

actually, first time I listened to it, I didn't really like it. Now it's my second time, it's a bit better.

Kmasters

Post by Kmasters » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

Sounds a bit like Kamelot anyway i like it

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:11 pm

w-

w-

w-

what the -

oh wow :shock:

Seriously, nothing could have surprised me more. The choirs :shock: the bass :shock: the keys :shock: the riffing :shock: the melody :shock:

Definitely have to go through it a few more times tomorrow until I really know what to say :lol:

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Of course it's a great song, but this hardly could be played live... So vocal adjustments and so many keyboards which fit perfectly in a album, but live it seems impossible to play. :?

Sometimes I feel I am into a disco listening this, so electronic music and effects.
I really like the direction of the band, so fresh, so modern, but this is not similar to Polaris or Elysium, is SO different, but anyway great... I am a bit in shock because it was not what I expected, but well, trying to get into the song. The curious thing is that I am 20 years old and this song makes me feel that I am too old for this kind of electronic melodic metal! :lol:

If this song is going to be played live, perhaps it could be a great oponer.

PD: After listening to it few times I noticed that... This hasn't got solos... So much focused in the electronic part that I did not noticed that aspect! Uff, I really don't know why such a great leading and "soloing" guitar like Kupiainen has not put any solos in HIS songs. Haha, I am realy shocked, still I have to recover from the blast.

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:15 pm

^ Agreed, going to be hard playing this live, and especially singing - I'm not 100% satisfied with the vocals after hearing it for the first time to be honest, but that can change tomorrow ;)
And yes, totally different to Polaris or Elysium! The first thing I thought was "Tolkki lovers gonna hate this"...

Mormegil

Post by Mormegil » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:23 pm

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:00 pm

That's my favorite song off the new album :D
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:04 pm

Shogakat wrote:Of course it's a great song, but this hardly could be played live... So vocal adjustments and so many keyboards which fit perfectly in a album, but live it seems impossible to play. :?

Sometimes I feel I am into a disco listening this, so electronic music and effects.
I really like the direction of the band, so fresh, so modern, but this is not similar to Polaris or Elysium, is SO different, but anyway great... I am a bit in shock because it was not what I expected, but well, trying to get into the song. The curious thing is that I am 20 years old and this song makes me feel that I am too old for this kind of electronic melodic metal! :lol:

If this song is going to be played live, perhaps it could be a great oponer.

PD: After listening to it few times I noticed that... This hasn't got solos... So much focused in the electronic part that I did not noticed that aspect! Uff, I really don't know why such a great leading and "soloing" guitar like Kupiainen has not put any solos in HIS songs. Haha, I am realy shocked, still I have to recover from the blast.
Abandon is in a very vein to this, as is Stand My Ground, needless to say, and those 3 with Unbreakable are the first 4, keep in mind that heavy riff in the solo section of Unbreakable. It was one hell of an opening.

Also, did anyone notice the vid on BraveWords claiming that one of the vids was from the "Title Track"?

I promise you that the solo from Elysium is not on Nemesis. This is why independent critics are better than the big name sites. We care about our craft.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Well, I have to say this is kinda unexpected. So many effects, a catchy chorus, heavy riffs...but still something is missing. Maybe it will grow on me whenever I listen to it within the concept of the full album (like it happened with "The Game Never Ends"). It's a cool song, but not what I had in mind, maybe I'm realizing I'm too old-fashioned for power metal songs...Ah well, the new direction Stratovarius took sure is something refreshing, and I'm totally OK with that, can't wait to have the record in my hands :D

Edit: Giving the song a second chance, and I started to like it more. mocobhc and Shogakat are right, this is SO different to Polaris and Elysium...It's way better :music:!
|StratoFan Forever|

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:23 pm

Rebel wrote:Also, did anyone notice the vid on BraveWords claiming that one of the vids was from the "Title Track"?

I promise you that the solo from Elysium is not on Nemesis. This is why independent critics are better than the big name sites. We care about our craft.
Man, I didn't even take the slightest look into what they wrote, I just clicked on the music player :lol:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:39 pm

This key really really REALLY lets TK shine. High notes without straining. OMG, that chorus. WOW.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Shogakat wrote:Of course it's a great song, but this hardly could be played live... So vocal adjustments and so many keyboards which fit perfectly in a album, but live it seems impossible to play. :?
They could put the backings/electronic voice noises on a backing tape.
I feel they'll have to use backing tapes anyway for this tour. This music is going to sound very empty if played live without the electronic vocals and synthesizers.

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:56 pm

Rebel wrote:Abandon is in a very vein to this, as is Stand My Ground, needless to say, and those 3 with Unbreakable are the first 4, keep in mind that heavy riff in the solo section of Unbreakable. It was one hell of an opening.

Also, did anyone notice the vid on BraveWords claiming that one of the vids was from the "Title Track"?

So, indirectly you say that there's a lack of "soloing" on this album? I mean, less than the other albums?
PS: I don't put "lack" as a despective meaning, just as meaning that there are not as many solos than the other stuff. :) Just to know something more of the album :P

I agree with the independent critics topic! I always wanted to have some good webs to look good critics and reviews and opinions! If you have some names, please share it, I really liked the way BlackWindMetal works! :)

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:00 pm

Shogakat wrote:
Rebel wrote:Abandon is in a very vein to this, as is Stand My Ground, needless to say, and those 3 with Unbreakable are the first 4, keep in mind that heavy riff in the solo section of Unbreakable. It was one hell of an opening.

So, indirectly you say that there's a lack of "soloing" on this album? I mean, less than the other albums?
PS: I don't put "lack" as a despective meaning, just as meaning that there are not as many solos than the other stuff. :) Just to know something more of the album :P

I agree with the independent critics topic! I always wanted to have some good webs to look good critics and reviews and opinions! If you have some names, please share it, I really liked the way BlackWindMetal works! :)
I was more making a joke that the solo from Elysium was presented as part of the title track of the new album.

As far as soloing? To be honest, I didn't even notice that there wasn't a solo in Halcyon Days at first, I think it's because I was still processing the absolutely RIPPING solos from Abandon, Unbreakable, and Stand My Ground. There's no lack of solos on this album.

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm

F*ck yes! I love it!

Texidor

Post by Texidor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

edit: holy fucking shit just listened it few times.. i just can't fucking believe this !! . so heavy and fresh sound and oh... WTF ITS BEST STRATO SONG EVER !

Only got to listen up to first chorus! Very different and catchy..... Need to hear more!
SHINE ON!

DonTopo_FromHell

Post by DonTopo_FromHell » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 am

is way too different from what i expected, but isn't bad at all, i'm still in shock D:, i need more than ever that album! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Stratovarius is the Law

DonTopo_FromHell

Post by DonTopo_FromHell » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

Stratovarius is the Law

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:08 am

This song CHANGES A LOT when you listen to it more. First time I was like WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK. I thought it was cool but tooooooo much different from what I was used to hear in Stratovarius. The second time, I can say it is a really good song, anyway, that part of the song that seems a rave party makes me feel a bit :? . But well, the song is really good and TK shines. But yes, this song live would be something really impossible if they don't change a lot of things.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:21 am

Once again, I would like to direct your attention to this bird.

PS: the song was great!! I love the power and energy. And no residual power-metal cliches from the Polaris/Elysium era. This is the kind of song I wouldn't mind blasting out of my cell phone while on a public toilet. :)

The same could not be said for "when mountains fall".
That's not a tune I'm comfortable taking a dump to. :roll:

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:33 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:Once again, I would like to direct your attention to this bird.

PS: the song was great!! I love the power and energy. And no residual power-metal cliches from the Polaris/Elysium era. This is the kind of song I wouldn't mind blasting out of my cell phone while on a public toilet. :)

The same could not be said for "when mountains fall".
That's not a tune I'm comfortable taking a dump to. :roll:
Hahaha, Halcyons are very cute! Perhaps if Jens has to play with more than one synth live (listening to Halcyon Days seems obvious) he couLd put the ducks in one and Halcyons to the other one! :lol: :lol:
RazielSR wrote:This song CHANGES A LOT when you listen to it more
Yes! The double bass drumming is great! And the rythm guitars too. It's a good song :)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:27 am

I actually welcome that change, yes , some sounds are very disco/rave/electronic music - like, strato is taking chances that not many bands do, bands like gamma ray, helloween, nightwish had tried this kind of things before but they dont push it too much, i can only guess that they dont care or they are afraid of not being metal (I think its only a pose but what the hell).
i love the things after forever did in this vein in their two last albums, also the last album of theater of tragedy with liv kristine you find some of this "effects" is really interesting and after all, still rocks!
about the lack of solos it seems to me after a few listens that this particular song didnt need one, that of course its sometimes the producers call, and in this case being matias behind the desk i feel like doing a solo in this song would be more like a ego thing my particular feeling is like he saw that and decided to let the song speak for itself.
A9

The unknown one

Post by The unknown one » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:34 am

hope theres no more electronic stuff in the rest of the album :? :? :? :?

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:05 am

RazielSR wrote:This song CHANGES A LOT when you listen to it more.
You fucking said it, this song feels great now :bounce2:!
|StratoFan Forever|