A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
User avatar
thefreeone
Sr. Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:13 am
Location: Quito- Ecuador

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by thefreeone » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm

curlycare wrote:It seems the album has leaked already. It's a shame that it happened so early. Makes me wonder if they can track the leaker with that new system.
I think its not so early, its about 15 before the official release... I remember when STRATOVARIUS album got leaked like 4 months before its release, that sucked, and the album was just an ok album.

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by mocobhc » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:31 pm

can...

resist...

must...

stay...

strong...

can...

resist...

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:11 pm

Heard the album today as my friend found them on youtube - VERY GOOD stuff! I won't put too many spoilers here, but this new music is really different territory to what most old Strato fans are used to. I think this album will attract a lot of new fans who will then check out the older stuff.

I have pre-ordered my copy of Nemesis :D seriously cannot wait. Stratovarius for life! :)

RazielSR
Sr. Member
Posts: 2512
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:32 am
Location: Valencia - Spain

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by RazielSR » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:38 pm

08rh0rh0hb0hr30h3r0hfeniopdnkdndlknklndklndlnlkdnlkdnh!!!!!!
laklahsakhashasoiahsoiashoiashoiashoiash092u309893289238920382390!!!!!!!!!!

paiupoiuapioua0puq9'uq9'8q'983'38'81'188'383'81'ui1poj1opj1!!!!!!!!!!!
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by stratodan1990 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:49 pm

RazielSR wrote:08rh0rh0hb0hr30h3r0hfeniopdnkdndlknklndklndlnlkdnlkdnh!!!!!!
laklahsakhashasoiahsoiashoiashoiashoiash092u309893289238920382390!!!!!!!!!!

paiupoiuapioua0puq9'uq9'8q'983'38'81'188'383'81'ui1poj1opj1!!!!!!!!!!!
My thoughts exactly :lol:
This is the best album out of the last 3 I think... Stratovarius sound heavier than ever, just what I wanted. I liked Polaris, loved Elysium a lot but as an all round album this one is very strong. Extremely impressed with Rolf Pilve's drumming.

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by valo_666 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:45 pm

I synthesize this album in one thing: Jani Liimatainen SHOULD join Stratovarius

User avatar
Texidor
Sr. Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Texidor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:48 pm

valo_666 wrote:I synthesize this album in one thing: Jani Liimatainen SHOULD join Stratovarius

I was thinking the same thing.....but Stratovarius with two guitarist? I am not sure how that would work.
SHINE ON!

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by ggonza43 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:42 am

I think I have to create a new word to describe Nemesis, because "epic", "magnificent", "masterpiece", and "marvelous" aren't enough

I really LOVE this new Stratovarius :headbang:!
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
icecab21
Sr. Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by icecab21 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:46 am

i think stratovarius with 2 touring quitarists only makes the live performance stronger, 2 guitarists can't make anything weaker

User avatar
valo_666
Sr. Member
Posts: 642
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 7:19 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by valo_666 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:57 am

icecab21 wrote:i think stratovarius with 2 touring quitarists only makes the live performance stronger, 2 guitarists can't make anything weaker
That's right. But not only for the live thing, but in composing Jani adds a different color and melodies that are totally refreshing.

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:03 am

Anyone seen the video of Jani vs. Syu on youtube? I love Jani's technique. I agree it would be awesome with 2 guitarists in Strato, but what about Lauri Porra? I've noticed you can hear his influence a lot better in the last 2 records and two guitarists might be a disruption to that? Or maybe not :?

User avatar
Shogakat
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 am
Location: Barcelona, CAT, Spain

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Shogakat » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:31 am

Uff... what an album! I preordered it before listening to it and well... I have enjoyed it a lot! My favourites are Castles In The Air ( I think that is a masterpiece in the level of Eternity), Out Of The Fog (hell, the best chorus since the fucking paleolitic era!) and Abandon (Holy fuck with that solo XD). I liked a lot the music and the only ones which still I can not catch at all are One Must Fall and Stand My Ground (but of course talking about music are great compositions). The entire album is excellent, and Fantasy has grown in me a lot with its positive lyrics!

PS: Talking about Liimatainen, of course he could be a great addition to the band, but knowing each one the role that they have in the band! Kupiainen is the lead guitar and Liimatainen could pick the role of rythm guitars and backing vocals (he sings pretty well), and we all know that in the stage Lauri is the boss, I think that no one could eclipse him during a concert!

User avatar
stratodan1990
Member
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: UK

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by stratodan1990 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:44 am

Shogakat wrote:Uff... what an album! I preordered it before listening to it and well... I have enjoyed it a lot! My favourites are Castles In The Air ( I think that is a masterpiece in the level of Eternity), Out Of The Fog (hell, the best chorus since the fucking paleolitic era!) and Abandon (Holy fuck with that solo XD). I liked a lot the music and the only ones which still I can not catch at all are One Must Fall and Stand My Ground (but of course talking about music are great compositions). The entire album is excellent, and Fantasy has grown in me a lot with its positive lyrics!

PS: Talking about Liimatainen, of course he could be a great addition to the band, but knowing each one the role that they have in the band! Kupiainen is the lead guitar and Liimatainen could pick the role of rythm guitars and backing vocals (he sings pretty well), and we all know that in the stage Lauri is the boss, I think that no one could eclipse him during a concert!
I like One Must Fall and Stand My Ground, they both have some great heavy riffs from Matias that were never really ventured before :)

The guitar solo in Out Of The Fog is easily the fastest thing i've ever heard Matias play :shock:

Betlodocus
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Location: Phuket

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:40 am

adrian9 wrote:
Betlodocus wrote:Cds will be enough. I'm not that desperate to buy a vinyl and it's shitty quality...
im sorry i think i didnt get this right, are you saying the sound of a Vinyl is shitty compared to a Cd?
Dude, I'll tell you that I'm having a hard time to takeout those clicking sounds and play over again to convert it via mp3. :?

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:39 am

This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly. How the fuck does this band continue to pump out amazing song after amazing song? This is probably their most consistent album ever.

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Rebel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:17 am

Empathica1928 wrote:This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly.
Listen to 60 or 70 power metal albums this year and you might not be so sure. There's a LOT of stuff out there. Mind you, I love this album to death, it might be my personal power metal AOTY, but there's some stuff out even already that could challenge it.

I was talking to Steel Druhm from AMG about this album, he was saying he didn't even like it as much as Elysium (Which he didn't particularly enough, despite being the main power metal writer at AMG, and being a fan of Strato's earlier stuff). I think as time goes on we'll start to see more and more scores in the 3-3.75 range.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Betlodocus
Member
Posts: 127
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm
Location: Phuket

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Betlodocus » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am

It depends on the people's preferences and I really like their stuff. I dunno if one of them has an Otaku tendency around in the group...

User avatar
robocop656
Sr. Member
Posts: 2312
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm
Location: pæniš
Contact:

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by robocop656 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:56 am

ggonza43 wrote:I think I have to create a new word to describe Nemesis, because "epic", "magnificent", "masterpiece", and "marvelous" aren't enough

I really LOVE this new Stratovarius :headbang:!
You are such a fuckhead. Uploading the album to YouTube already.

User avatar
GAGAGO
Sr. Member
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:03 pm
Location: Granada

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by GAGAGO » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:32 am

ggonza43 wrote:I think I have to create a new word to describe Nemesis, because "epic", "magnificent", "masterpiece", and "marvelous" aren't enough

I really LOVE this new Stratovarius :headbang:!

:x :x :x Do not compare me to this Argentinian


SHITHEAD :x :x :x

User avatar
Texidor
Sr. Member
Posts: 307
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:41 am
Location: New Jersey, USA

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Texidor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 pm

stratodan1990 wrote:
Shogakat wrote:Uff... what an album! I preordered it before listening to it and well... I have enjoyed it a lot! My favourites are Castles In The Air ( I think that is a masterpiece in the level of Eternity), Out Of The Fog (hell, the best chorus since the fucking paleolitic era!) and Abandon (Holy fuck with that solo XD). I liked a lot the music and the only ones which still I can not catch at all are One Must Fall and Stand My Ground (but of course talking about music are great compositions). The entire album is excellent, and Fantasy has grown in me a lot with its positive lyrics!

PS: Talking about Liimatainen, of course he could be a great addition to the band, but knowing each one the role that they have in the band! Kupiainen is the lead guitar and Liimatainen could pick the role of rythm guitars and backing vocals (he sings pretty well), and we all know that in the stage Lauri is the boss, I think that no one could eclipse him during a concert!
I like One Must Fall and Stand My Ground, they both have some great heavy riffs from Matias that were never really ventured before :)

The guitar solo in Out Of The Fog is easily the fastest thing i've ever heard Matias play :shock:

Every song is a winner on this masterpiece! One Must Fall was not an easy listen to me at first but after a couple plays I understand and enjoy its theme. Stand My Ground is one of my favorites.....not only for its brutal riffs and melodies, but it has a lyric that just clicks with me and I am sure many other fans. This album has set a new standard for the genre!
SHINE ON!

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by adrian9 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Rebel wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly.
Listen to 60 or 70 power metal albums this year and you might not be so sure. There's a LOT of stuff out there. Mind you, I love this album to death, it might be my personal power metal AOTY, but there's some stuff out even already that could challenge it.

I was talking to Steel Druhm from AMG about this album, he was saying he didn't even like it as much as Elysium (Which he didn't particularly enough, despite being the main power metal writer at AMG, and being a fan of Strato's earlier stuff). I think as time goes on we'll start to see more and more scores in the 3-3.75 range.
I dont reach the 60 - 70 mark yet, but you are definitely right, there is a bunch a stuff out there, and dont get me started on the Thrash scene for example, it seems almost every day a band does an EP, video o any release and by today standarts you might not like the music but the quality is very professional on almost all this bands , having said that this elysium album is remarkable good and I think is a step above everything I´ve heard so far (being my favorite The Darkness - Hot Cakes) we are just in february and I think Elysium can be in the Top 10 of 2013 already.
A9

TheLegendaryDreamer
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 am

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by TheLegendaryDreamer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:17 pm

adrian9 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly.
Listen to 60 or 70 power metal albums this year and you might not be so sure. There's a LOT of stuff out there. Mind you, I love this album to death, it might be my personal power metal AOTY, but there's some stuff out even already that could challenge it.

I was talking to Steel Druhm from AMG about this album, he was saying he didn't even like it as much as Elysium (Which he didn't particularly enough, despite being the main power metal writer at AMG, and being a fan of Strato's earlier stuff). I think as time goes on we'll start to see more and more scores in the 3-3.75 range.
I dont reach the 60 - 70 mark yet, but you are definitely right, there is a bunch a stuff out there, and dont get me started on the Thrash scene for example, it seems almost every day a band does an EP, video o any release and by today standarts you might not like the music but the quality is very professional on almost all this bands , having said that this elysium album is remarkable good and I think is a step above everything I´ve heard so far (being my favorite The Darkness - Hot Cakes) we are just in february and I think Elysium can be in the Top 10 of 2013 already.
Elysium is from 2011, dude. :wink:

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:12 pm

Just to address the post responding to me (too lazy to go back and use the quote function): I used to be the biggest power metal fan around. The genre doesn't do much for me these days. Too many bands either 1) doing the same rehashed cookie cutter Stratoclone shit from ages ago that's already been done to death, or 2) going way over-the-top and just being plain annoying (looking at you, Pathfinder. Jesus Christ you're an obnoxious band). Yet Nemesis still keeps me 100% interested. This album is an example of how you do power metal properly these days, in my opinion. Absolutely none of the new bands do anything for me.

Just my two cents. That's why I think this is such a damn good album. It's not simply better than the other mediocre metal coming out - it's refreshing and sounds relevant. Two thumbs up.

User avatar
mocobhc
Sr. Member
Posts: 773
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:44 pm
Location: mitten im Kraichgau

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by mocobhc » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:41 pm

OK, honestly - this album is so full of epicness, I don't know what to say. Gonna listen through it for a few more times before I give my two cents to everything. But hell, I really thought it was impossible to top Elysium... but seems like this one does :shock:

Seems ridiculous, but somehow I'm terribly proud of the guys :lol:

User avatar
adrian9
Sr. Member
Posts: 1741
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 pm
Location: VENEZUELA!!!

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by adrian9 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:07 pm

TheLegendaryDreamer wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly.
Listen to 60 or 70 power metal albums this year and you might not be so sure. There's a LOT of stuff out there. Mind you, I love this album to death, it might be my personal power metal AOTY, but there's some stuff out even already that could challenge it.

I was talking to Steel Druhm from AMG about this album, he was saying he didn't even like it as much as Elysium (Which he didn't particularly enough, despite being the main power metal writer at AMG, and being a fan of Strato's earlier stuff). I think as time goes on we'll start to see more and more scores in the 3-3.75 range.
I dont reach the 60 - 70 mark yet, but you are definitely right, there is a bunch a stuff out there, and dont get me started on the Thrash scene for example, it seems almost every day a band does an EP, video o any release and by today standarts you might not like the music but the quality is very professional on almost all this bands , having said that this elysium album is remarkable good and I think is a step above everything I´ve heard so far (being my favorite The Darkness - Hot Cakes) we are just in february and I think Elysium can be in the Top 10 of 2013 already.
Elysium is from 2011, dude. :wink:
DAMN, i meant NEMESIS, this had happened to me very often lately, im gettin old i guess.
A9

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Rebel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:46 pm

Empathica1928 wrote:Just to address the post responding to me (too lazy to go back and use the quote function): I used to be the biggest power metal fan around. The genre doesn't do much for me these days. Too many bands either 1) doing the same rehashed cookie cutter Stratoclone shit from ages ago that's already been done to death, or 2) going way over-the-top and just being plain annoying (looking at you, Pathfinder. Jesus Christ you're an obnoxious band). Yet Nemesis still keeps me 100% interested. This album is an example of how you do power metal properly these days, in my opinion. Absolutely none of the new bands do anything for me.

Just my two cents. That's why I think this is such a damn good album. It's not simply better than the other mediocre metal coming out - it's refreshing and sounds relevant. Two thumbs up.
Pathfinder is amazing, don't hate.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

User avatar
Rebel
Sr. Member
Posts: 2142
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:41 am

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Rebel » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

adrian9 wrote:
TheLegendaryDreamer wrote:
adrian9 wrote:
Rebel wrote:
Empathica1928 wrote:This album blows my fucking mind.

I can't see any album beating this for album of the year, honestly.
Listen to 60 or 70 power metal albums this year and you might not be so sure. There's a LOT of stuff out there. Mind you, I love this album to death, it might be my personal power metal AOTY, but there's some stuff out even already that could challenge it.

I was talking to Steel Druhm from AMG about this album, he was saying he didn't even like it as much as Elysium (Which he didn't particularly enough, despite being the main power metal writer at AMG, and being a fan of Strato's earlier stuff). I think as time goes on we'll start to see more and more scores in the 3-3.75 range.
I dont reach the 60 - 70 mark yet, but you are definitely right, there is a bunch a stuff out there, and dont get me started on the Thrash scene for example, it seems almost every day a band does an EP, video o any release and by today standarts you might not like the music but the quality is very professional on almost all this bands , having said that this elysium album is remarkable good and I think is a step above everything I´ve heard so far (being my favorite The Darkness - Hot Cakes) we are just in february and I think Elysium can be in the Top 10 of 2013 already.
Elysium is from 2011, dude. :wink:
DAMN, i meant NEMESIS, this had happened to me very often lately, im gettin old i guess.
No question that it's top 10 or 15. AOTY will be tough though. It IS better than Helloween's album from this year though.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Empathica1928
Sr. Member
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by Empathica1928 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:51 am

Pathfinder can (and hopefully will) blow me.

User avatar
ggonza43
Sr. Member
Posts: 7280
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 9:37 pm
Location: Bs. As., Argentina
Contact:

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by ggonza43 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:44 am

robocop656 wrote:You are such a fuckhead. Uploading the album to YouTube already.
They all got deleted, why so serious robofag :jump:?
|StratoFan Forever|

User avatar
AAAAAAAAAA
Sr. Member
Posts: 3585
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Re: A little communication to Stratovarius and Stratoforum users

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:47 am

Rebel wrote: No question that it's top 10 or 15. AOTY will be tough though. It IS better than Helloween's album from this year though.
That's like saying strawberry yoghurt is better than blueberry. Everyone likes something different but our heuristics for evaluating music are relatively meaningless. Its senseless to turn music into a sport.

Post Reply