Stratovarius Nemesis World Tour Setlist

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
mocobhc
Re: Stratovarius Nemesis World Tour Setlist

Post by mocobhc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

I HEREBY OFFICIALLY DECLARE THAT THESE GUYS ARE THE NICEST BUNCH OF PEOPLE EVER.

Wow, did I have a good time yesterday night. Thank you!!!!!

Also to Elize and Olof and the Seven Kingdoms mates!

And btw we got 7 Nemesis songs yesterday, fuck yeah :headbang:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:58 pm

Is Stand My Ground back on the setlist?! :D

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:12 pm

Yes :D

plus If The Story Is Over, Abandon, Unbreakable, Halcyon Days, Fantasy and Dragons!

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Good to hear SMG is back. Love that song, especially live! :D

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:35 pm

I get that 7 songs live is awesome, and maybe I should keep my trap shut because that's awesome, but "One Must Fall" was one of the 2-3 I thought would sound great live right away
They let us have signatures on this forum???

Grambambuli

Post by Grambambuli » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:26 pm

RazielSR wrote:
Shogakat wrote:
RazielSR wrote:Thanks mocob! Amazing performance! Timo is singing really really well.

Intro+Abandon+Speed of Light http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXiiJ9diqMk

Fantasy -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcWX7_oTH_Q

HHAL-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSlFo-9bg04 Look Jens at 4:30, Lurdi and I were in front of him XD
Uffff, Timo is singing excellent! Just look at this Eternity:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbIQib1tfU8
Wow, his vocal chords seem more relaxed! In the past he had his superblast voice, but rarely used it live as well as now. Nowadays his voice is more "deep" and less powerful and for those kind of songs Timo fits excellent.
Just compare that Eternity to the Rauma Eternity... Yes, the stage and all the things were cool, but the singing... Now seems to be more professional, and I prefer that range of voice than that high pitched voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCNITmwBgc4 (your video Raziel).
Now > Before, though the popularity of Stratovarus then was top.

PS: I'm not going to enter in the discussion, but one thing is clear, Stratovarius is not a pop metal band; for 1 "light" song that Strato has, 50 melodic metal songs around.
And Amaranthe... For sure they are good, but their short , straight forward and "lack of creativity" + musical effects in every song,... They are good on the stage, but for me it's a bit artificial. The word for me is not perhaps "pop", maybe "artificial".
I am not going to be as critic as the fellows : Amaranthe is good (better on the stage than in the album), just a bit "artificial"
OMFG that performance sounds great!

It's true, now he tries so sing more relaxed and not that high. In fact, that super high notes caused him to suffer too much. Of course he should sing high, but let's remember that a singer needs to relax his voice, if not, he will not be able to sing anymore. He has improved a lot his low ranges, and for example, he sings the ballads better than before imo.
Yeah, he sounded great in Pratteln too. I also noticed he seems to sing more relaxed nowadays.

JensJohansson
Administrator

Post by JensJohansson » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 am

I thought this was pretty funny. : o)

(Does anyone know where this damned picture is actually from? It looks like it could be from "MTV's behind the music" or some such place)

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 am

its from "that metal show" hosted by eddie trunk and folks on VH1 classics, I believe that episode is from their 5th season , i might be wrong

*meanwhile in venezuela*

tensions build up, we got another (dictatorshiop) coming...krank it up halford!
A9

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 am

Any strong emotion shown by GEOFF TATE is funny. I like capitalizing his name, as if to give him a false legitimacy while mocking him at the same time. GEOFF TATE! ;lkafsdkfasdf i'm tired! i am posting this against my better judgment. Good night everyone...

Shogakat

Post by Shogakat » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:08 am

Today at 2:00 am (EDIT: Could be 2:15 am) GMT-Madrid Stratovarius will be broadcasted at TVE2 here in Spain. I remember you if someone could be awake in order to watch it.

I don't know if people out of Spain had permission to see it online, but for sure wll be uploaded the next day at the same page.

The Program Page : http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/los- ... e-radio-3/

The link for streaming online from the national tv:
http://www.rtve.es/television/la-2-directo/

Have a Nice Day!

PS: Does someone the bands that will open the concerts for Stratovarius in South America? I'm very interested!

RazielSR

Post by RazielSR » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:36 am

Shogakat wrote:Today at 2:00 am (EDIT: Could be 2:15 am) GMT-Madrid Stratovarius will be broadcasted at TVE2 here in Spain. I remember you if someone could be awake in order to watch it.

I don't know if people out of Spain had permission to see it online, but for sure wll be uploaded the next day at the same page.

The Program Page : http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/los- ... e-radio-3/

The link for streaming online from the national tv:
http://www.rtve.es/television/la-2-directo/

Have a Nice Day!

PS: Does someone the bands that will open the concerts for Stratovarius in South America? I'm very interested!
It was really nice! Thanks for the info. Let's hope they will get the chance to play for more televisions from other countries.
...Faster than light, higher than the sky, stronger than steel...We´re the legions of the Twilight...

Elz

Post by Elz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:24 pm

that shit is fucking awesome ! thank you !

brought2ubyletterC

Post by brought2ubyletterC » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:59 am

Jens: That screenshot is from when Geoff Tate was on a program called That Metal Show last year. The same show where the host mistakenly said you were in the band Hammerfall when your name came up (on a different episode). Some "metal trivia expert" he is! I was practically screaming "STRATOVARIUS, you dumb f*ck!" at the TV. :lol:

Skyggeboy

Post by Skyggeboy » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 pm

Stratovarius was playing in Lutakko last saturday. The show was very great! I may not remember the setlist 100% correctly, but it was something like this:

Abandon
Speed of light
Halcyon Days
Eternity
Stand My Ground
/Drum solo/
Destiny
Eagleheart
Fantasy
Dragons
If The Story Is Over
/Bass solo/
Black Diamond
/encore/
Unbreakable
Hunting high and low

HHAL was last song also when they were playing Jörg Farewell Tour and that was a bit disappointing. :? Also they really should remove Black Diamond from the setlist. We have heard it million times before. They should play Legions instead of it. :wink: But after all the gig was very, very good and I hope I will see them again.

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Thu May 02, 2013 4:05 am

Skyggeboy wrote:Stratovarius was playing in Lutakko last saturday. The show was very great! I may not remember the setlist 100% correctly, but it was something like this:

Abandon
Speed of light
Halcyon Days
Eternity
Stand My Ground
/Drum solo/
Destiny
Eagleheart
Fantasy
Dragons
If The Story Is Over
/Bass solo/
Black Diamond
/encore/
Unbreakable
Hunting high and low

HHAL was last song also when they were playing Jörg Farewell Tour and that was a bit disappointing. :? Also they really should remove Black Diamond from the setlist. We have heard it million times before. They should play Legions instead of it. :wink: But after all the gig was very, very good and I hope I will see them again.
HHAL should be alternated with Eagleheart if you ask me. They pick one of the two to do in that space and can change it up every concert

For the encore, they should really try finishing with Elysium. I think the song is made to finish setlists.

fernandotcl

Post by fernandotcl » Tue May 07, 2013 4:42 am

Can't wait for the 18th, so psyched!

Also can't believe they'll play Eternity, it'll be really special.

I wish Nemesis was in the set. And Forever or, even better, Season of Change instead of If The Story is Over. But damn, can't really complain.

It'll be my 4th Strato concert, it's always very emotional and intense. Can't wait, it's one of those experiences you take with you forever.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue May 07, 2013 6:55 am

SentineLEX wrote:
Skyggeboy wrote:Stratovarius was playing in Lutakko last saturday. The show was very great! I may not remember the setlist 100% correctly, but it was something like this:

Abandon
Speed of light
Halcyon Days
Eternity
Stand My Ground
/Drum solo/
Destiny
Eagleheart
Fantasy
Dragons
If The Story Is Over
/Bass solo/
Black Diamond
/encore/
Unbreakable
Hunting high and low

HHAL should be alternated with Eagleheart if you ask me. They pick one of the two to do in that space and can change it up every concert

For the encore, they should really try finishing with Elysium. I think the song is made to finish setlists.
HHAL always seemed pretty superior to Eagleheart. I'd just play HHAL every night and forget about Eagleheart

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Beginning their Latin American tour, this was the setlist they played at Paraguay:

Abandon
Speed of Light
Halcyon Days
Eternity
Dragons
Eagleheart
Falling Into Fantasy
Destiny
Bass Solo (where he played some paraguayan folkloric song)
Stand My Ground
Drum Solo
Black Diamond
--Encore 1--
Forever
Twilight Time
Will the Sun Rise?
--Encore 2--
Paradise
Unbreakable
Hunting High and Low

Pretty much the straightforward setlist they have been playing since the tour started. Only things to comment: It appears they are doing the same thing they did back at the Polaris tour, and they played something from Intermission (at that time, they used Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?). Second thing, I think I speak for everyone when I say HOLY SHIT! They played something previous to the Kotipelto era! I dunno if they have played it before on this tour, of if this setlist is not 100% accurate (I'm taking information from setlist.fm), but damn! That was a huge surprise. And last, it appears Paradise is back on track once again, such a killer song to begin the second encore

Can't wait until May 22nd :wink:!
|StratoFan Forever|

mocobhc

Post by mocobhc » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Nice to see you back!

Twilight Time struck me already on fb, I really have my doubts if it shouldn't be Twilight Symphony instead. Same goes for Falling Into Fantasy. Hopefully someone is able to confirm this or that... Both older ones would a big surprise, as you said!

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Fri May 17, 2013 9:52 pm

mocobhc wrote:Nice to see you back!

Twilight Time struck me already on fb, I really have my doubts if it shouldn't be Twilight Symphony instead. Same goes for Falling Into Fantasy. Hopefully someone is able to confirm this or that... Both older ones would a big surprise, as you said!
Yeah I would love to see them play Twilight Time. Maybe it means they'll play some more lesser-known songs of theirs in future concerts. Also considering everything up to Dreamspace features 0 of the current band members. It's interesting to think about.

They need to do more of their newer stuff too. A lot of their songs on Elysium and Polaris are good for concerts, and complement the songs on Nemesis very nicely. The Game Never Ends, Infernal Maze, and Winter Skies, for instance.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sat May 18, 2013 7:06 am

ggonza43 wrote:Beginning their Latin American tour, this was the setlist they played at Paraguay:

Falling Into Fantasy
You have outraged Geoff Tate... :x

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat May 18, 2013 7:19 am

SentineLEX wrote:
mocobhc wrote:Nice to see you back!

Yeah I would love to see them play Twilight Time. Maybe it means they'll play some more lesser-known songs of theirs in future concerts. Also considering everything up to Dreamspace features 0 of the current band members. It's interesting to think about.

They need to do more of their newer stuff too. A lot of their songs on Elysium and Polaris are good for concerts, and complement the songs on Nemesis very nicely. The Game Never Ends, Infernal Maze, and Winter Skies, for instance.
No Twilight Time OR Twilight Symphony, apparently

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sat May 18, 2013 7:55 am

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stratovar ... 85718.html

And no Falling Into Fantasy either. I hoped it to be right but it was to good to be true.
Furthermore I agree on a few posts above mine. MORE NEW STUFF. We've heard Eagleheart and Black Diamond a hunderthousand times. Also keyboard/bass/drum solo's are spots that could be used for more songs. We know the guys can play, they have made great music since 2009, it's a shame they play so little of it.

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:15 am

AAAAAAAAAA wrote:
ggonza43 wrote:Beginning their Latin American tour, this was the setlist they played at Paraguay:

Falling Into Fantasy
You have outraged Geoff Tate... :x

Hey, don't blame me, blame the stupid paraguayans that don't know their Stratovarius. No wonder they are the assholes of Latin America
|StratoFan Forever|

SentineLEX

Post by SentineLEX » Sun May 19, 2013 3:50 am

rikkertje wrote:http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stratovar ... 85718.html

And no Falling Into Fantasy either. I hoped it to be right but it was to good to be true.
Furthermore I agree on a few posts above mine. MORE NEW STUFF. We've heard Eagleheart and Black Diamond a hunderthousand times. Also keyboard/bass/drum solo's are spots that could be used for more songs. We know the guys can play, they have made great music since 2009, it's a shame they play so little of it.
Actually if they start using Fantasy in all their concerts instead of Eagleheart and Hunting High and Low from now on, that would just be fantastic

Strato finally out-cheesed Sonata Arctica's Full Moon after 14 years :lol:

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 am

I'd love Fantasy in stead of Eagleheart from now on! Brilliant sing-along song

ggonza43

Post by ggonza43 » Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 pm

Argentina Setlist:

Abandon
Speed of Light
Halcyon Days
Eternity
Dragons
Drum Solo
Eagleheart
Fantasy
Destiny
Bass Solo (where he played an argentinian tango song, "Por una Cabeza")
The Kiss of Judas
Distant Skies
Keyboard Solo
Black Diamond
--Encore 1--
If the Story Is Over
Against the Wind
Paradise
--Encore 2--
Unbreakable
Hunting High and Low

Talking about a mind-blowing setlist!! I think I lost my sanity at "Distant Skies"...I mean, my god! I'd have never exepcted they would play something from Fourth Dimension live on this tour; and when the things couldn't get better, I was hoping for "Will The Sun Rise?" and the BAM! We have "Against the Wind" and that was the moment I completly lost my voice singing. Really marvelous show, they know how to entertain their crowd and they are all fantastic, as always. Rolf is a machine behind the drums, trully amazing! Lauri and Jens always putting up agreat show, Matias still showing why he owns live, and Timo's singing and interaction with the crowd is always excellent.
With nearly no voice at all, sore legs and neck, constant headaches and 3 hours of sleep, I can assure you it's still worth it! This was my 4th concert, and I'm sure there will be more; thank you so much Strato!!
|StratoFan Forever|