Bad Ass Band

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
erik315
Bad Ass Band

Post by erik315 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:23 pm

I first heard Statovarius about a month ago, and I am so shocked there was such an awesome band out there that I had not heard of. A guitar player myself for the last 22 years, I listened to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Metallica, but I must say these guys are my new favorite band. I have not hearda song I did not like which is a feat in itself. I am spreading the word to all my friends as well. Anyway, just wanted to get that out to all the awesome fans, these guys need to come to the states. later

InfernalMaze

Re: Bad Ass Band

Post by InfernalMaze » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Hello there!

I have the exact same feeling, don't really find any BAD song of Strato, which, like you said, is quite unique!! I really love all their albums, and also love the new one!

I got to know Strato two years ago. Before that I used to listen to (and still do of course!) Queen, Metallica, Europe, Megadeth... but never thought there'd be a new favourite!

Strato really conquered my heart.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:03 am

oh yes, Stratovarius is my favorite band also, by far.

Although rare, there are bad stratovarius songs too. For example, 030366. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guRqzPzaPKc

DonTopo_FromHell

Post by DonTopo_FromHell » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 am

Well, i dont think that 030366 is a bad song, just is a song that doesn't belong to 4° dimension album, maybe it would fit better in dreamspace, that's all.
Back to the topic, Stratovarius is my favorite band ever, they introduce me into the metal music at the age of 11 years, has been 12 years of Stratovarius in my life, the 12 best years (:
greetings!
Stratovarius is the Law

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:01 am

oh man, you guys are drinking the kool aid HARD if you think the band hasn't released bad songs. The Elements albums are littered with them, as well as the self titled. Most of the ballads Tolkki wrote after the two good ones on Visions were pointless at best, painful at worst. Polaris was a very mixed bag as well, some great, some forgettable.

That's not to say that Stratovarius isn't a great band, as their great stuff is really phenomenal, but it's simply absurd to say a band with as long a career as Stratovarius hasn't had some mistakes along the way.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:19 am

From the way he put it (erik315) it sounds like he only knew about the most mainstream bands. You probably would feel the same way if you're listening to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Metallica for 30 years and all of a sudden found Strato. You'd say, DUDE, EVERY SONG IS AWESOME! You know, compared to listening to number of the beast and symphony of destruction and motorbreath your entire life.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:27 am

robocop656 wrote:From the way he put it (erik315) it sounds like he only knew about the most mainstream bands. You probably would feel the same way if you're listening to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Metallica for 30 years and all of a sudden found Strato. You'd say, DUDE, EVERY SONG IS AWESOME! You know, compared to listening to number of the beast and symphony of destruction and motorbreath your entire life.

Yeah, that's fair, and to be honest, any band that I think hasn't released a bad song has a "yet" at the end of it. Plenty of bands with 2 or 3 albums without stinkers, but Helloween released Chameleon, early Blind Guardian has a lot of filler, Rhapsody of Fire had that awful middle period before a very strong return. Black Sabbath has their fair share of awful, Sonata Arctica's suck goes without saying, ect... ect...

The great thing about all these bands, is we don't have to listen to the bad stuff. We can make playlists and use the skip button, and construct a really awesome experience. That's what I did with Elysium, then a few months ago I realized I was using skip on about 4 of the songs, and thought to myself "I'm skipping 4 of the 9 songs? I need to go revise that review..."
They let us have signatures on this forum???

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:54 am

Richie Kotzen. Listen to him, my friends. Very talented.

Today, I found his house on Google street view. Don't ask me how lol. It was a painstaking process that took about 3 hours. He drives a white Porsche and has a pool in his backyard. I need to get a life!

Grambambuli

Post by Grambambuli » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

I can't, I get stomach ache by reading his name.

Kotzen means "to throw up" in german.

"I have to throw up" = "Ich muss kotzen.".

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:12 pm

I don't actually care if you listen to him or not.
I just wanted to brag about finding his house without changing the topic.

What happens when Richie drinks too much vodka?

Kotzen-korva!

jajajajaja