Jens summoned Nemesis with a single C# note!

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.
smiljanicn
Jens summoned Nemesis with a single C# note!

Post by smiljanicn » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Hi fellows,

Wanna-be keyboard player here.
If you listen to the ending of Jens arpeggiated second solo in the "Castles in the air", there is very powerful ending execution of C# (D if transposed) fallowed by unearthly vibrato! Time stops there IMHO!

I would like to study it a bit more, if someone here of fellows musician, if not the mighty man himself, could explain the chemical reaction in the left hand, that causes that behavior of pitch wheel?! Whats with the dead zone of wheel?

"One does not simply executes vibrato like that!":evil:

AAAAAAAAAA

Re: Jens summoned Nemesis with a single C# note!

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:54 am

Ooh, fresh meat!

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:44 am

How to make a "differential pitch wheel"

http://www.panix.com/~jens/dphi.par

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:34 pm

u are 1 fukin cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fukin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fukin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer.

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:01 pm

I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:18 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:u are 1 fukin cheeky kunt mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol fukin sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil fukin gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer.
u wak bro

(I would insert an image of an african american but i'm in public etc)

browneyedgirl

Post by browneyedgirl » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:56 am

I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

If you visualize the hot lady Terminator from Terminator 3 it might make your day even better! :oops:
"Your life is yours, and yours alone. Rise up and live it!"

Bob: I don't believe in God.
Archangel Michael: That's OK, Bob, because He doesn't believe in you, either!~Legion~

smiljanicn

Post by smiljanicn » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

I thought this was Stratovarius forum...:?

Anyway, thanks Robocap for reply.

NeonVomit

Post by NeonVomit » Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:05 pm

This forum makes no sense and is populated by the severly delusional, the obsessive compulsives, the social shut-ins and a few borderline sociopaths. I hope that this doesn't represent an accurate cross-section of Stratovarius' fanbase, but I just think the normal people just get scared off by the natives. Or evolve into one of us.
"Beneath the freezing sky arrives Winter's Verge..."

http://www.wintersverge.com

I'm going to hell, and loving the ride!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:02 pm

NeonVomit wrote:This forum makes no sense and is populated by the severly delusional, the obsessive compulsives, the social shut-ins and a few borderline sociopaths.
Hey, what about me?? :roll:

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm

Never mind guys i think I get it. :cry:

But I take the borderline as a compliment!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:08 am

NeonVomit wrote:This forum makes no sense and is populated by the severly delusional, the obsessive compulsives, the social shut-ins and a few borderline sociopaths.
Jokes on you. I'm only 3 of those!

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:46 am

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Jokes on you. I'm only 3 of those!
You're severely delusional if you think you aren't severely delusional. :roll:

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:54 pm

NeonVomit wrote:This forum makes no sense and is populated by the severely delusional, the obsessive compulsives, the social shut-ins and a few borderline sociopaths. I hope that this doesn't represent an accurate cross-section of Stratovarius' fanbase, but I just think the normal people just get scared off by the natives. Or evolve into one of us.
How dare you! It makes sense! Just read the neverending story thread or the most nicest poster thread!

ImageImage

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:44 am

smiljanicn wrote:Hi fellows,

If you listen to the ending of Jens arpeggiated second solo in the "Castles in the air", there is very powerful ending execution of C# (D if transposed) fallowed by unearthly vibrato! Time stops there IMHO!

I would like to study it a bit more, if someone here of fellows musician, if not the mighty man himself, could explain the chemical reaction in the left hand, that causes that behavior of pitch wheel?! Whats with the dead zone of wheel?

I guess im not sure what you are hearing? In the entire song he doesnt do any vibrato thats any different then what he has done in the past. Its just vibrato dude, yes jens is a master of vibrato but still... I think what you might be hearing has more to do with his lead sound then jens himself.

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Plisken wrote:

I guess im not sure what you are hearing? In the entire song he doesnt do any vibrato thats any different then what he has done in the past. Its just vibrato dude, yes jens is a master of vibrato but still... I think what you might be hearing has more to do with his lead sound then jens himself.
HEY HEY HEY! :x :x :x We're trying to ruin a thread here. :roll:

Plisken

Post by Plisken » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

NeverendingAbyss wrote:
Plisken wrote:

HEY HEY HEY! :x :x :x We're trying to ruin a thread here. :roll:
oh shit! right! ok, I got this!

There we go!

NeverendingAbyss

Post by NeverendingAbyss » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:54 am

Very nice, sir. :)