Best post-Strato Tolkki album?

Here you can talk about Stratovarius and related bands. Language used is English.

Best post-Strato Tolkki album

Saana
3%
New Era
17%
Age of Aquarius
19%
Trinity
22%
In Paradisum
22%
The Land of New Hope
17%

Total votes: 36

SentineLEX
Best post-Strato Tolkki album?

Post by SentineLEX » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:07 am

After looking back, I still think it's Trinity. Gus had a really cool voice, and the album did remind me of a harder edged Infinite with better solos.

Also listing them, holy shit he's been busy since he left Stratovarius. Flop or not, I'll be really surprised if Avalon III doesn't show up sometime in 2015.

Empathica1928

Re: Best post-Strato Tolkki album?

Post by Empathica1928 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:12 am

In Paradisum, but it's not saying much. It's a lesser version of Stratovarius; every time I hear it, I hear amazing musicians playing, but because Tolkki's power metal style hadn't changed on that album much, it sounds like TK should be singing, but instead it's Andre, and he's sooo hit and miss, very hard to listen to at points.

The other albums... oof. Not good.

AAAAAAAAAA

Post by AAAAAAAAAA » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:43 am

Trinity & Age of Aquarius were both quite good. In Paradisum I didn't like. The latest one I haven't heard yet (aside from snippets).

Raven

Post by Raven » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:54 am

Saana.

Definately.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:48 am

Crazy to think he's done 6. There's probably 2 albums worth of great ideas in the whole batch, maybe 3. None of them from Saana
They let us have signatures on this forum???

adrian9

Post by adrian9 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:54 pm

I dont know why saana gets bashed that much, there is some good stuff in there.
I think the best one is in paradisum close to avalon projects
A9

HinatAArcticA

Post by HinatAArcticA » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 am

This is a really good question, and I'm not entirely sure. I don't really like SAANA, and I really hated Trinity.

I always thought New Era was really good. It has a bunch of really good tracks on it. I Did it My Way, We are Magic, Angel, Last Night on Earth and Revolution Reinassance are all really good tracks imo. I even like the Stratovarius versions of those songs. Age of Aquaris has a somewhat slow second half, but I still enjoy the album to a large extent. It took some time for this album to grow on me, but I like it. And then there's In Paradisum. I'm a bit torn about this album, because I believe it showed a lot of potential, but then the band just stopped... I think it's a very genuine power metal album, and I'm not sure The Land of New Hope is up there, but then again I haven't give that album as many listens. I think I'm gonna go for In Paradisum, and then is probably New Era for me.
No need to feel so afraid, colors last a lifetime and fade to gray...
Tony Kakko

Rage1979

Post by Rage1979 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:56 am

Without any doubt... Age of Aquarius!

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:10 pm

i will tell you the true, i like a lot stuff of sir. timo tolkki and in a moment , in past days, one guy say that is nice that sir tolkki need some help to build new stuff.

the years can burn out ideas really, nothing is forever.

Sometime I wish collaborate it with sir Tolkki in build a powermetal album, but of course, as I'm full classical man, maybe will be more neo Classical that powermetal :)

robocop656

Post by robocop656 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:21 pm

It is all shit.

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:24 am

maybe the medication he takes inhibits his genius and creativity

Southern_Cross

Post by Southern_Cross » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:35 am

I personally liked the Land of New Hope but I wish he didn't focus so much on Elize...I like her but ya don't put Kiske on there and not let him have more than one or two songs.

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:24 am

I was just wondering if there was any news regarding Avalon and to my surprise the website is gone. Knowing the fate of TT's past projects I now highly doubt there will ever be a part three.

Rebel

Post by Rebel » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:10 pm

rikkertje wrote:I was just wondering if there was any news regarding Avalon and to my surprise the website is gone. Knowing the fate of TT's past projects I now highly doubt there will ever be a part three.
It depends on how Allen/Lande sells I'd guess. Pt. II was very unpopular, but he did sign up to do 3 albums.
They let us have signatures on this forum???

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:53 pm

avalon no have more chance, the avalon proyects end why he turns don the web page (The people no are interested in all metal stars in one cd i see, Avalon, simfonia... both dead)

i think that he want find new talents and forgot all the famous ones

I think that he want start with the new Simfonia with

Tuomo lassila (Drums)

Antti Ikoen (Keys)

Timo Tolkki (Guitars

jari Kainulainen (Bass)

"Unknow vocals" no famous i mean

this is the info that i got from one person fans of Timo Tolkki that i meet in "Avalon Timo Tolkki"

But maybe he end with avalon 3 but with no so famous vocalist

The same tendence have UNITED STATES of one ex memeber of Cellador that want do "Avantasia" in american style when put one look on me (he says this) buy is in a proyect yet

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:46 pm

The website is down 'cause the request of ICANN to confirm and verify the domain,and not because Tolkki did it,he had just to confirm the name of the website.
About Avalon I can say that the first one is just a commercial AOR album like everything that Frontiers publish 'cause it's their standard,commercial Rock/Metal music,the second...well...it's just shit,from start to end,some good ideas,but the production is poor,the songwriting is poor,there are no Rythm at all(5 sequences of powerchords in 8 aren't a good rythm),soloing is just bluesly shit without nothing,only bending are "good".Just the baddest album Tolkki did,but after hearing Allen-Lande I have hope for Avalon III,I know,nothing original or special but hey,better than the last works.
I think that Tolkki have to rest a couple of years reharsing with his fucking guitar for return in shape,and then start to write new material.

About other project,don't know,I don't care about him,he is just a piece of bipolar shit,but I love his passed Music and I hope to hear something good from him,so let's see!

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:12 pm

hahahah you love to tolkki.....

"piece a bipolar shit" is offensive, be more human, friend, italians aren't mother fuckers, ok maybe sicilia isn't mother Fucker, the sicilian mafia can kill you directly!

hahahahaha! Peace friend, he is bipolar but he can do a normal life if he is under control!

This is strange about the "Domain" he can't steal why he is "Timo Tolkki"! he is famous! and the Interpool can catch his balls very easy if he steals public stuff , one discographic or international business

Are you from "Frontiers"? why so mad with a man that ins't close to you?

LOL, metal boys surprise me every day more!

You know how all the businessman, the product that do not make money, you end up not making money WHY product !!

Stratovarius was a God aside, it was close to exintion in the past!

can you stop to think if stratovarius fans dont like matias kupiainen and Rolf? the business end!

this is the same! tolkki is searching his path that he lose when stratovarius crash! isn't a easy stuff!

More now that the Music is a Wild Jungle of interest!

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:24 pm

hahahaha i forgot that I'm speaking in English, Im a disaster in english, edit this stuff

Stratowarius 3.0

Post by Stratowarius 3.0 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:46 am

:x Not so much to hahaa to! You are a disaster in any way. Stop your stupid babble.

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:32 am

hahahaah!!! and you? why so nerves? :lol:

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:50 am

Stratowarius 3.0!

be careful, facebook sell Information, I have girls that write me in phone when i have it as "Private", and girls say me "Hi, and send me heart teddies as good night", is insanely weird

but i say stupid stuff, maybe you are hacked and you dont know, it! hahahahahaha! :lol:

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:59 am

Sorry to correct you dude,but basically all italians are motherfuckers,expecially in the south,so yes,we're not motherfuckers 'cause we are the baddest,beyond the limit and beyond motherfuckers.
After this,I don't consider myself as a motherfucker,it more like a way of life,I say what I think in the way I think,I don't care much about morals in this cases,'cause you know,Tolkki have bipolar disorders,but I don't care,I know other person with it and they aren't a fraction of Tolkkshit.The truth is that he is a shitty person with or without it,he his just a big cunt for the way he try to fool the orhers.That's all for me,and I have strong motivazions.
Bipolar disorder could be a big problem,but if Tolkki is shit he remain shit anyway and of course he is.
He could have a normal life but he have decided,by himself,to not have it with his own action and choice.
Last,but not least,once I was a big fan of him,but I changed my mind after a little discussion I have with him two or three years ago.After that I started to hate him as a person,not as a musician,but I don't believe in a single word from him,he is a liar,a traitor and a self-plaisant narcissistic piece of shit.

No I'm not involved in Frontiers and I don't want it,they are just a cancer in metal,they turn(and force)every band in AOR(Avalon is a good example)band wich means that they have ruined the metal scene here in italy alongside with illegal download,so no,I'n not in Frontiers but I know the going on,it's easy if you are in music buisness.

Yeah,true,but Strato are still on the road and this means that people like what this 5 guys write,and I am one who love them,(I was in Tavastia to see the Vision retour the 4th,and 3000 km to se a Band is a great sign,
not Bad I think),so it's not the monicker wich sell,but the music and this is quite strange 'cause a lot of people(Tolkki included)think that Stratovarius sell for the huge name of the band,but this is not true,Strato sell for the Music,the one who sell for the name is Tolkki,and he can't reach high volumes of selling because the production is not at the same level of the Tolkki's name,he can't write adequate material in the last 3 years,that's all.

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:18 am

haaaaaa... and what is the drama with the soft metal. PINK FLOYD?, FOREGNER? . LED ZEPPELIN? you think that those bands are bad bands?

Stratovarius knew change his path without tolkki, I clap this, they build his music and do it very well, what is the problem?

The musicians need have open mind or can die in 2 years!

Tolkki is the old past of stratovarius actually, when you all. metal guys continue with all this bullshit!

Tolkki have his Own company, if he want, he can be his own disco-graphic!

Isn't the same that one guy that me, that I will die with a company early or later!

The same situation with Stratovarius, They are 5 or 4 big famous boy, they can be his own disco-graphic! but the business do that musicians take associations with others companies!

I don't find the huge drama!

doc_holliday

Post by doc_holliday » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 am

Pancio wrote: Last,but not least,once I was a big fan of him,but I changed my mind after a little discussion I have with him two or three years ago.After that I started to hate him as a person,not as a musician,but I don't believe in a single word from him,he is a liar,a traitor and a self-plaisant narcissistic piece of shit.
would you mind telling us a bit more about that discussion? i'm curious

rikkertje

Post by rikkertje » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:09 am

doc_holliday wrote:
Pancio wrote: Last,but not least,once I was a big fan of him,but I changed my mind after a little discussion I have with him two or three years ago.After that I started to hate him as a person,not as a musician,but I don't believe in a single word from him,he is a liar,a traitor and a self-plaisant narcissistic piece of shit.
would you mind telling us a bit more about that discussion? i'm curious
+1

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:21 pm

HUH!!!!

IN THE END IN WHICH SCALE PLAY STRATOVARIUS!

c# OR d#

I have 2 versions.....

In the past , sometimes i don't have idea what i was singing, :lol:

Adrians9 vs Facebook

Adrian9 C# vs Facebook D#

Adrian9 and his Kotipelto's screen shot that I see in one post.

Adrian9 is expert in photoshop and change the note, or kotipelto's sing in C# in his single albums?

why the screen says KOTIPELTO and no, STRATOVARIUS.

WE can start one discussion, producer vs facebook and his huge followers xd

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:19 pm

Do you know the pledge campaign for Classical Variations II:Credo?
Well,I was one of the pledgers for the project of course and the story is quite simple,after the pledge and when the project has raised the money Tolkki need,he changed his mind,as we know it is a particular prerogative by him.
I felt a strange going on before his statement of deleting the project 'cause I known that, probably, he have sold the whole thing to a record company, but if you remember well, many months before he have said that he have started to hate the music industry,the going on with it and the way of the label to force the artists.Beside that,Project Credo was a "special gift" to his "beloved" fan,not a way to make money,but,in a certain way,Tolkki betrayed his fan selling it to Frontier Records and,as a fan,is not tollerable for me.
But this is only the beginning.
After that, I wrote a message to Tolkki,trying to express myself and my disappointing, but it was in vain because he ignored me,strange if you think that more than one time I finded on my facebook account his comment under my posts, and one years ago I have finded out that he was spying his fans.
After that, I wrote another message, this time to Pledge Music, trying to have back my money,and of course I can't have it 'cause the money are disappeared.
Few months after I wrote another message to Pledge Music saying that I haven't yet received my money and, or they gave it back to me, or I will started a Class Action against them and Tolkki, so, two hours late I find my money back.
Then I've sent a message to Tolkki on his facebook,on his pledge music account,and on every kind of official page about him, telling a lot of things, about the abandon of Doro and his son, about the story of the pledge campaign and other stuff like this (and about Strato as well), but he deleted all of the posts and deleted and blocked me from every place,so...what do you think I have done? Hate him as a person,is simple, he his only a piece of shit as I said before.
But this is only one story,after the whole thing happened I started to search information about him by talking with other people,with some musician as well,and a lot of shit is jumped out,so here I am,a fan of his music but a hater of the person.
I don't give a fuck if is correct or not to throw shit on a person like him because I have already said the same thing to him almost 2 years ago,so,for the dear Kooski,I have the right to say everything I want about him,not only because we live in a democracy and I have the right to say what I want but also because I know him well in a certain way.

So that's almost all, my dear friends, but other things are too long to be written here.

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:44 pm

Well, I don't have nothing against Rock, Hard Rock, Progressive Rock, Jazz, Fusion, and so on 'cause I started to listen Power Metal only 8 years ago and before that, I listened(and still listen) to other genres like Jazz, Fusion and Classic, but WTF dude, Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin in "soft metal"? (What is soft metal?)
One is a great Hard Rock band, the other is, maybe, the finest Progressive Rock band alongside with King Crimson, Yes, Genesis and Camel, so this two bands don't have nothing to do with AOR, which is the closest thing to the shitty Glam Metal.
Like I say, AOR is a "format" of rock music born to sell to the poor minded guys, everytime, the same shit music that goes around the world in the radios.
I don't pretend to have right, this is only my opinion, but I dislike what Frontiers did with new band, they start a new project?Well it's 99% of probability that it will be AOR, look to Avalon and Allen/Lande which is compose by progressive and power metal musician and the music it's all but not power or progressive.

KÖÖSKI TWIN

Post by KÖÖSKI TWIN » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:49 pm

ufffff this is a scandal! :shock:

I say soft metal - what is this? I dunno, maybe metal playing in "P" in socore?, or no so agressive sound and with smooth mastering?

Lucca Turilli says "We play Holywood metal" What is holywood metal?, is symphonic metal?, is a mix of "P" and "F" in scores?, is woody allen playing guitar at 678 in tempo?

The people play and sometimes mix crazy stuff that dont have idea how called it after

all can be solve, maybe tolkki ended to do Credo 2 if persons close to he start to convince him

Pancio

Post by Pancio » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:12 am

Ahahahah, scandal? :lol: :lol: :lol: Not at all, is a tipical Tolkki's day, lies on lies he have builded is entire life and career, read some lyrics he has written and tell me if can fit with him, with his life.
He has written Reign of Terror in which he talk about the shitty music industry and the people without ability making music only for money(maybe Nykanen Matti), he has written that the key to the universe is Love and then he spread hete all over the world ,he cheat his fan, he betrayed his fan, he steal from his fan, and he sell his music only for money, so is not surprising at all, anyway I don't give a fuck, I'm fan of the music and I stop to care much of him or about his life, shit is shit and it's a problem only in the moment when is under your shoes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Basically Luca Turilli play Power Metal and Symphonic Metal, I can't hear nothing like film music in his song, he pretend to create a new genre of music but the truth is that Turilli write basic orchestration and put them in a Power Metal song wich means...Symphonic Power Metal, is not original at all a lot of band do this.
Is different what the band say and what reality is because one day I can wake up with a Pop Song put in it some violin,some banjo and a chainsaw and call it a Classical Folk Job Rock but the reality is that is only a Pop Song with crazy stuff.
In the end "Soft Metal" doesn't mean nothing because it includes too much kind of music, from Iron Maiden to Dream Theater, and after that, there is a definition for everything, if you say Led Zeppelin is Hard Rock, if you say Pink Floyd is Progressive, if you say Shawn Lane is Fusion, if you say Corelli is Classical, if you say Morricone is Film Music and if you say Rhapsody they're Symphonic Power Metal.